Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

Common Mistakes By Graduates When Job-Hunting - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Common Mistakes By Graduates When Job-Hunting (24100 Views)

The Advantage Of Having A Strong Personal Network When Job Hunting / My Funny Job Hunting Experience / What I Learnt From My Two Months Of Job Hunting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Common Mistakes By Graduates When Job-Hunting by yettak90: 6:22am On Feb 28, 2013
Sent From My Blackberry – Ask many employers, they will tell you how disappointed they were each time they received CVs in their email that simply says “I’m interested.” or “This is my CV.” And below it you see, ‘Sent from my blackberry’. Common grow up! This is very disrespectful. It also shows you are not matured and very unprofessional. What does it take to say something about yourself in the body of the mail and address your employer well?

This isn't too much of an issue. I actually recommend leaving it (or something similar), so the recipient of the email can tell that you're sending it on the move.

The email signature from my phone/tablet is "Sent via my mobile device".
Re: Common Mistakes By Graduates When Job-Hunting by winmat(f): 6:25am On Feb 28, 2013
Nice Topic, u have spoken well.
Re: Common Mistakes By Graduates When Job-Hunting by Buthupogon(m): 6:26am On Feb 28, 2013
If you can't change the signature from the steps highlighted by the OP, just follow this step and u'll be able to. From "Home Screen" go to "Setup". Under "set-up", click on "Email settings". After that, you should press the "Option key" and you should select "Edit" from the list. You should be able to change the signature of you black berry email account. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Common Mistakes By Graduates When Job-Hunting by misstobi: 6:36am On Feb 28, 2013
Akpa ife:
I am nt looking 4 job next topic.
abeg
. U r such a sick fella
Re: Common Mistakes By Graduates When Job-Hunting by Barryde007: 7:20am On Feb 28, 2013
Nice one.
Re: Common Mistakes By Graduates When Job-Hunting by Nobody: 7:21am On Feb 28, 2013
Zi: I'm guilty of No 2 angry
But pls understand that for most job seekers (including my humble self), blackberry is actually the cheapest mode of internet connection especially in Nigeria.
Blackberry is NOT the cheapest mode of internet connection in Nigeria.
I guess from someone who doesnt know BB email signatures r EDITABLE, itz only normal 4 u to say BB is d cheapest. (no offence)
Re: Common Mistakes By Graduates When Job-Hunting by bily(m): 7:24am On Feb 28, 2013
OP,

please add sending passworded CVs to your list.

I have had to review applications and I'm usually surprised at the number of applicants sending in passworded cvs! Many have lost a good opportunity due to this singular mistake
Re: Common Mistakes By Graduates When Job-Hunting by evera(m): 7:28am On Feb 28, 2013
@ ZI thanks I just remove D̶̲̥̅̊ signature,tested and confirm Ợ̣̣̝̇̇̇κ̣̝̇.
Re: Common Mistakes By Graduates When Job-Hunting by abdullone: 7:56am On Feb 28, 2013
i dont believe ur no 2 i hv sent my cv for an level test with GTB n i was called for the test
Re: Common Mistakes By Graduates When Job-Hunting by mkoabiola: 8:25am On Feb 28, 2013
eimuhb:

Navigate to the Home screen on your BlackBerry. Click "Messages."
Press the "Menu" button. Click "Options." Click "Email Account Management."
Click the email account you want to remove the signature from and click "Edit."
Clear the "Sent from BlackBerry" text. Press the "Menu" key. Click "Save."

Let me know wassup.
U are very correct.
Pls,I observe dat whenever I send my cv through my BB,it doesn't deliver or d receipient is unable to open d CV .
Wat might b d cause?
What steps can I take to make sure d CV is delivered or opened by d receipient.jus tell me d steps dat I can follow.thanks.
Re: Common Mistakes By Graduates When Job-Hunting by sharks776(m): 8:32am On Feb 28, 2013
[quote author=eimuhb]

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]Navigate to the Home screen on your BlackBerry. Click "Messages."
Press the "Menu" button. Click "Options." Click "Email Account Management."
Click the email account you want to remove the signature from and click "Edit."
Clear the "Sent from BlackBerry" text. Press the "Menu" key. Click "Save."

Let me know wassup.

i use a curve 2 and i just cant find "Email Account management" or where to edit the signature.
Re: Common Mistakes By Graduates When Job-Hunting by nairaarea: 8:41am On Feb 28, 2013
n
Re: Common Mistakes By Graduates When Job-Hunting by premlove(m): 9:03am On Feb 28, 2013
pDude: Rubbish!! angry angry angry angry angry

Its only in naija that this shyt applies. Abroad who give a fvck if it is "sent from blackberry" or you have a funky email address?

Till tomorrow i still use my email address which is my (name + my favorite rock band) and I still get called for interviews on a regular.

Abegi! Work nor dey naija thatt's why all this shyt applies to weed out a vast majority.

Sad country cry

i wounder hw u manage to graduate frm sch (if u even attend one) when u cant accept a simple correction in ur way of life
Re: Common Mistakes By Graduates When Job-Hunting by olawunmisamuel1: 9:04am On Feb 28, 2013
Sending a mail from your blackberry does not matter. I have gotten an interview invite via ipad. I undertsnad the other ones but the email from blackberry own is pointless. Just as you can use your pc as a means for communication, so can you use your phone.
Re: Common Mistakes By Graduates When Job-Hunting by premlove(m): 9:05am On Feb 28, 2013
Akpa ife:
I am nt looking 4 job next topic abeg
then y wasting ur time to comment
Re: Common Mistakes By Graduates When Job-Hunting by NDprudent(m): 9:38am On Feb 28, 2013
Think som ppl just nid 2 learn hw 2 appreciate..........sayin thanks wud do u no harm
Re: Common Mistakes By Graduates When Job-Hunting by eimuhb(f): 10:17am On Feb 28, 2013
mko abiola:
U are very correct.
Pls,I observe dat whenever I send my cv through my BB,it doesn't deliver or d receipient is unable to open d CV .
Wat might b d cause?
What steps can I take to make sure d CV is delivered or opened by d receipient.jus tell me d steps dat I can follow.thanks.

I've never experienced such before. Send your CV from your BB to your second e-mail address and see if you can open it
Re: Common Mistakes By Graduates When Job-Hunting by eimuhb(f): 10:21am On Feb 28, 2013
olawunmi_samuel: Sending a mail from your blackberry does not matter. I have gotten an interview invite via ipad. I undertsnad the other ones but the email from blackberry own is pointless. Just as you can use your pc as a means for communication, so can you use your phone.

There is no problem with sending a mail via BB. It's just that some HR pple don't like seeing that signature "sent for airtel.....bla bla bla"
Re: Common Mistakes By Graduates When Job-Hunting by pastormmadu(m): 10:23am On Feb 28, 2013

Its only in naija that this shyt applies. Abroad who give a fvck if it is "sent from blackberry" or you have a funky email address?

Till tomorrow i still use my email address which is my (name + my favorite rock band) and I still get called for interviews on a regular.

Abegi! Work nor dey naija thatt's why all this shyt applies to weed out a vast majority.

Sad country cry

Yσυ dey get interview invitation with a junk mail ƨ̣̇̇ø wђɑ̤̈̊twho a̶̲̥̅̊я̲̅ε̲̣ yσυ quareling with? Wen yσυ think yσυ don't need tђє advice, yσυ move on. Its not a must yσυ comment. Stop making noise, a̲̅ηϑ control yøúř lousy self cos tђιƨ forum to ♏y̶̲̥̅ understanding is fσя tђє matured minds
Re: Common Mistakes By Graduates When Job-Hunting by eehweezzy(m): 10:33am On Feb 28, 2013
nice one
Re: Common Mistakes By Graduates When Job-Hunting by pellegrini1989: 10:34am On Feb 28, 2013

Sad country cry

u sound like someone nigeria has frustrated in d past, so went to cameroon. All d best anyway bt work dey Nigeria n we're working it.
Re: Common Mistakes By Graduates When Job-Hunting by pellegrini1989: 10:41am On Feb 28, 2013

Sad country cry

u sound like someone nigeria has frustrated in d past, so went to cameroon. All d best anyway bt work dey n we're working it.
Re: Common Mistakes By Graduates When Job-Hunting by chidaddy1198(m): 10:50am On Feb 28, 2013
Thank you for ur info....am also guilty of d sent from my blackberry wireless. However, I av del it.
Re: Common Mistakes By Graduates When Job-Hunting by tayoccu(m): 10:52am On Feb 28, 2013
prem love: i wounder hw u manage to graduate frm sch (if u even attend one) when u cant accept a simple correction in ur way of life

It so funny when people like u decide to show the world how daft you are, the gentleman made a valid point, you might not agree with him, but there's an element of truth in his comment.

And next time u want to criticize someone, make sure your spellings and tenses are correct, so people won't wonder how you graduated from school, if indeed you attended one.
Re: Common Mistakes By Graduates When Job-Hunting by Andsonx(m): 10:53am On Feb 28, 2013
WAEC CANDIDATES.... Check in with your Gmail account and receive free updates straight to your email HERE.
Re: Common Mistakes By Graduates When Job-Hunting by Justpassing1: 10:53am On Feb 28, 2013
If you send in your CV / Resume as a Word document , please correct all spellings & punctuations so that there are no red and green lines all over the place.

I personally will not take my time to look through an unedited CV.

1 Like

Re: Common Mistakes By Graduates When Job-Hunting by Nobody: 11:30am On Feb 28, 2013
begwong:
true talk.who says yr Corpse bathing job need to meet d above criteria?

That is a real job mehn...dignity in labor.
Re: Common Mistakes By Graduates When Job-Hunting by infolpf: 11:55am On Feb 28, 2013
Zi: I'm guilty of No 2 angry
But pls understand that for most job seekers (including my humble self), blackberry is actually the cheapest mode of internet connection especially in Nigeria.

If you can afford the monthly BIS fee on your Blackberry, then surely you can pay N150 to use the Internet at a business center to send your resume properly for a lifetime opportunity?
Re: Common Mistakes By Graduates When Job-Hunting by nerodenero: 11:58am On Feb 28, 2013
Nice one from the Op and a very educative thread
Re: Common Mistakes By Graduates When Job-Hunting by infolpf: 12:05pm On Feb 28, 2013
Also, for all the experts here who say this does not matter, or that does not matter because I have been called for interviews after sending from BB - understand this: The OP's comments are regarding best practices. It is simple advice that you can accept or decline. Perhaps you need to recognize that recruiters fall into many different categories - some are professional recruiters some are merely administrative folks who perhaps do not know any better than you do. The professional recruiters who have to sort through thousands of CV's to find the right person for 1 job, are searching for any reason to toss yours in the trash. You simply make it easy to get eliminated by letting them know you have no regard for their time!

1 Like

Re: Common Mistakes By Graduates When Job-Hunting by george31(m): 12:07pm On Feb 28, 2013
nice one @poster.I just edited my bb signature. Thanks a bunch
Re: Common Mistakes By Graduates When Job-Hunting by calcal: 12:28pm On Feb 28, 2013
OP - you are right, all those stories are needed for some particular jobs like those jobs anyone can do.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Victim Of NIS Recruitment Writes To Buhari / When You're Asked To Log In Into Your Facebook Account During A Job Interview / IBTC Chartered Bank Is Recruiting!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.