Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,831 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

Information About Phones(android And Tablet) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Information About Phones(android And Tablet) (864 Views)

Let's Talk About Phones Season 1 / BBM On Android And Related Issues / Tecno Phantom Pad N9 - A Combination Of Phone And Tablet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Information About Phones(android And Tablet) by asudan: 12:16am On Feb 28, 2013
Please I want someone to explain to me in the simplest language(i am a novice):
1.What are the uses android and tablet phone.
2.what are the unique features that differentiate them from blackberry phones
3.what are the benefits of using them.

1 Like

Re: Information About Phones(android And Tablet) by zsch: 9:20am On Feb 28, 2013
The way you asked for the uses of Android like its a hybrid....let me start from d beginning.

Android is an operating system powered by google. Operating System (os) are the 'software that communicate with the phone (hardware) to give you results. One can operate without the other. Other OS includes the now ancient Symbian (used mostly by Nokia), Windows phone 8 powered by Microsoft and running in Nokia Lumia, Samsung Ativ etc, Ubuntu for mobile phones and tablet, IOS powered by Apple and run on Iphones and Ipods etc.

What are the uses of Android? If you understand the above epistle, you should be able to answer this question. Anyway, Android is an open source operating System. Meaning its absolutulety free and can be modified to any specification (that's why you can have a forked android on tablet like the Kindle fire....where Amazon totally glossed over Google services and replaced it with theirs. Don't bother with this bit of info if u Don't understand). Uses of android;
¤To power tablets
¤to power mobile phones (dis are just the basic "native" uses though)

What are tablets?

Tablets are "mobile PCs" in other words, they were created to bridge the gap between say a laptop and a mobile phone; take powerful processors and computing power from a desktop/laptop, take mobility and in some cases portability from a mobile device. Slap on a capable OS and voila you have a tablet. A tablet may have call calling abilities or may be just wifi only (only able to connect to the internet via wireless network, no sim port)

Uses of a Tablet
For some people, the tablet replaces their laptops, they create word document, spreadsheet, excel and the whole Microsoft doc shebang. For others its multimedia; movies (as most tablets have resolutions that would make the Nokia 3310 self-destruct). A tablet with a high resolution renders every picture, videoa, text etc crisp and clear. For. Some others, their tablet is for gaming. For me its all 3. I use a nexus tablet, I type the occasional article at work, Watch movies when the office is a bore and I'm a hardcore gamer. I also have a usb OTG cable (to conect accessories like pendrive, mouse,my blackberry device) to the nexus and a portable keyboard. So yes it can replace my laptop so long as I Don't need to design a website or do some rather intensive work.

What differentiates them from a blackberry phone?
Harware and software. Blackberry runs on BB os while Tablets run on Android, Windows phone 8 or Ios. They were designed differently eg A Toyota is only similar to a Tata vehicle because they are both means of transport other than that, their internals and externals would most likely differ though at the end of the day they were intended for the same thing-transportation. Before the release of BB 10, the blackberry platform was Tata. I believe they have leveled the playground now though its subject to personal opinion.

What are the benefits of using them?
Using what; a tablet or a blackberry? I believe the answer lies within your heart (OK I'm quoting Gandal the white). The answer is somewhere above.

Finally, choosing a mobile device or a tablet should boil down to personal needs. You Don't get an Ipad if you aren't aware of ios limitation so also you Don't get a 10.1' tablet when a 4.3' smartphone is what you need. Boiling down to Selecting an Os, know the pros and cons and if they add value to you. No point getting an iphone if you can't jailbreak and you know you need services like Bluetooth etc it detracts from you and is of no value.

I took my time to write this out a simply as possible but you had better read it. No leaving nasty comments about giving you a summary, no shortcut to knowledge, you either wanna know or you Don't. Now read it one more time. Hope I helped?

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Information About Phones(android And Tablet) by zsch: 9:20am On Feb 28, 2013
The way you asked for the uses of Android like its a hybrid....let me start from d beginning.

Android is an operating system powered by google. Operating System (os) are the 'software that communicate with the phone (hardware) to give you results. One can operate without the other. Other OS includes the now ancient Symbian (used mostly by Nokia), Windows phone 8 powered by Microsoft and running in Nokia Lumia, Samsung Ativ etc, Ubuntu for mobile phones and tablet, IOS powered by Apple and run on Iphones and Ipods etc.

What are the uses of Android? If you understand the above epistle, you should be able to answer this question. Anyway, Android is an open source operating System. Meaning its absolutulety free and can be modified to any specification (that's why you can have a forked android on tablet like the Kindle fire....where Amazon totally glossed over Google services and replaced it with theirs. Don't bother with this bit of info if u Don't understand). Uses of android;
¤To power tablets
¤to power mobile phones (dis are just the basic "native" uses though)

What are tablets?

Tablets are "mobile PCs" in other words, they were created to bridge the gap between say a laptop and a mobile phone; take powerful processors and computing power from a desktop/laptop, take mobility and in some cases portability from a mobile device. Slap on a capable OS and voila you have a tablet. A tablet may have call calling abilities or may be just wifi only (only able to connect to the internet via wireless network, no sim port)

Uses of a Tablet
For some people, the tablet replaces their laptops, they create word document, spreadsheet, excel and the whole Microsoft doc shebang. For others its multimedia; movies (as most tablets have resolutions that would make the Nokia 3310 self-destruct). A tablet with a high resolution renders every picture, videoa, text etc crisp and clear. For. Some others, their tablet is for gaming. For me its all 3. I use a nexus tablet, I type the occasional article at work, Watch movies when the office is a bore and I'm a hardcore gamer. I also have a usb OTG cable (to conect accessories like pendrive, mouse,my blackberry device) to the nexus and a portable keyboard. So yes it can replace my laptop so long as I Don't need to design a website or do some rather intensive work.

What differentiates them from a blackberry phone?
Harware and software. Blackberry runs on BB os while Tablets run on Android, Windows phone 8 or Ios. They were designed differently eg A Toyota is only similar to a Tata vehicle because they are both means of transport other than that, their internals and externals would most likely differ though at the end of the day they were intended for the same thing-transportation. Before the release of BB 10, the blackberry platform was Tata. I believe they have leveled the playground now though its subject to personal opinion.

What are the benefits of using them?
Using what; a tablet or a blackberry? I believe the answer lies within your heart (OK I'm quoting Gandal the white). The answer is somewhere above.

Finally, choosing a mobile device or a tablet should boil down to personal needs. You Don't get an Ipad if you aren't aware of ios limitation so also you Don't get a 10.1' tablet when a 4.3' smartphone is what you need. To Select an Os, know the pros and cons and if they add value to you. No point getting an iphone if you can't jailbreak and you know you need services like Bluetooth etc it detracts from you and is of no value.

I took my time to write this out as simply as possible and with no geek-speek so you had better read it all. No leaving nasty comments about giving you a summary; no shortcut to knowledge, you either wanna know or you Don't. Now read it one more time. Hope I helped?

Cheers
Re: Information About Phones(android And Tablet) by asudan: 2:20pm On Feb 28, 2013
my brother thank u very much.i never knew good person still response on nairaland,may God bless u.
Re: Information About Phones(android And Tablet) by zsch: 2:31pm On Feb 28, 2013
asudan: my brother thank u very much.i never knew good person still response on nairaland,may God bless u.

Oh you are welcome. There are still a lot of Good people here, I'm glad I could be of assistance.
Re: Information About Phones(android And Tablet) by resty4(m): 3:23pm On Feb 28, 2013
Beautiful piece, educatv, and eye-opena 4 gays like me.
Re: Information About Phones(android And Tablet) by Francheezy(m): 4:13pm On Feb 28, 2013
thank u man

(1) (Reply)

. / Is Your Facebook Access Restricted? / Which Sim Should I Subscribe For My Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.