Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,909 members, 7,838,238 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today (11060 Views)

Southeast Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-Biafra Protests - Vanguard / It Was Sacrilegious For APC Governors To Boycott Ooni’s Burial – Afenifere / Photos From President's Jonathan's Visit To Maiduguri Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today by marod(m): 2:26pm On Feb 28, 2013
grin I pray they aint so lucky.
gramci: To meet Shekerau cheesy, some deputy governors might just get luckycheesy
Re: APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today by Policewoman(f): 2:27pm On Feb 28, 2013
GEJ ain't going anywhere till 2019. We need him to complete the 2nd Niger bridge, have an easterner as head of customs and increase the derivation formular from 13% to 50% before we let him go. GEJ all the way!!!! cool

2 Likes

Re: APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today by Moukafoam(f): 2:29pm On Feb 28, 2013
omenka:

You took those words right out of my fingers!
That Reetard once said 'I would die for Nigeria' and in thesame breath decleared in the media chat before the last 'I can't go to maiduguri for obvious reasons'! Indeed, one can't 'not give a damn' and at dsame time, give all damns! Who be learner??

This is a smart strategy by the oposition and signals the fact that they sympathise with the people of Borno state for all that has befallen them in the recent past.

I bet the Retardeen's balls droped off somewhere on his way to Aso villa after the October 1st maiden blast. Don't think he's been able to locate them since then.

By the merger I stand. In Buhari I trust.
[s]Hang urself if you don't like my coment. [/s]

1 Like

Re: APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today by Ufeolorun(m): 2:29pm On Feb 28, 2013
Impressive!

3 Likes

Re: APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today by Blueboy0402: 2:29pm On Feb 28, 2013
mu2sa2: Even with boko haram maiduguri is safer than many other state capitals. SE and SS cities are infact den of robbers, kidnappers and ritual killers- terribly unsafe.
I would have been dissapointed if you had said otherwise because I never expected you to say anything less.
Re: APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today by Blueboy0402: 2:32pm On Feb 28, 2013
mu2sa2: Even with boko haram maiduguri is safer than many other state capitals. SE and SS cities are infact den of robbers, kidnappers and ritual killers- terribly unsafe.
I would have been dissapointed if you had said otherwise because I never expected you to say anything less. You have just confirmed that you are aboki.

2 Likes

Re: APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today by takedat(m): 2:45pm On Feb 28, 2013
The mention of APC unsettles the President and PDP, so I can understand the hypercritical and uncharitable remarks, lies, judgementalism and personal insecurities of the PDP supporters, especially the clannish ones! Good move by the APC governors!

6 Likes

Re: APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today by searay(m): 2:49pm On Feb 28, 2013
bappahman: Buy goin to maiduguri they hav shown more balls than the federal govt
not a matter of BALLs, remember, buhari is not a member of Boko Haram. So BH will be at rest at this time.
Re: APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today by losak9111(m): 2:52pm On Feb 28, 2013
Check this site out http://www.kayluv.arawap.net/
Re: APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today by phildon: 2:53pm On Feb 28, 2013
brownlord: For sure buhari must have instructed his boyz to shun their operation till after the meeting, Nja
So d Buhari Army has overwhelmed d Nigerian (GEJ) Army who have made Maiduguri a no-go area for d C-in-C of d Nigerian Army. If I be GEJ, I go resign.

3 Likes

Re: APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today by salt1: 2:57pm On Feb 28, 2013
"Those expected at the meeting include the five governors from the Action Congress of Nigeria-controlled states viz; Babatunde Fashola (Lagos), Ibikunle Amosun (Ogun), Kayode Fayemi (Ekiti), Abiola Ajumobi (Oyo) and Rauf Aregbesola (Osun). The sixth ACN governor, Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State who was absent at the Lagos meeting is expected at the Maiduguri meeting today.
Imo State Governor Rochas Okorocha (APGA); Nasarawa State Governor Umaru Tanko Almakura (CPC); Zamfara State Governor Abdulaziz Yari (ANPP); Yobe State governor Ibrahim Gaidam (ANPP) and host governor Kashim Shettima (ANPP) will also be part of the meeting.
"

These are the APC governors right? I appreciate their desire to fix the nation but charity begins at home.
Can NLers who are resident in Nasarawa, Zamfara, Yobe, Borno, Ogun, Ekiti and Oyo show us how these Messiah-aspirants have fixed the states they control so that we can entrust them with fixing the nation? I didn't include Lagos, Edo, Imo and Osun because they seem to receive (controversial) media attention.
Re: APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today by TOLKEN: 2:57pm On Feb 28, 2013
Sunny_bobo: Boko haram is the militant wing of CPC. Why would they attack a gathering of their ogas?

While CAN is the Prayer Wing of PDP...

4 Likes

Re: APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today by Ikengawo: 3:08pm On Feb 28, 2013
How is it brave for them to go to Maidugari when they're primarily muslim? which one of them has anything to fear

Buhari?
El Rufai
Tinubu?
Fashola?
the entire ANPP?

Maybe Rochas lol.

5 Likes

Re: APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today by MrMcJay(m): 3:24pm On Feb 28, 2013
Salt 1, if you had been around the politics section of Nairaland, you would have seen what Amosun is doing. I'm talking of real achievements not painting airports and cutting grasses at the stadia.

1 Like

Re: APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today by Nobody: 3:32pm On Feb 28, 2013
Re: APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today by prettyboi1(m): 3:34pm On Feb 28, 2013
Policewoman: GEJ ain't going anywhere till 2019. We need him to complete the 2nd Niger bridge, have an easterner as head of customs and increase the derivation formular from 13% to 50% before we let him go. GEJ all the way!!!! cool

Dream on policewoman. GEJ IS A TOTAL FAILURE & HE HAS PROVEN THAT OVER & OVER AGAIN. Nigerians,including many of the same people that voted for him are tired of him & a lot more people want him out. Clueless retardeen with no guts.

4 Likes

Re: APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today by goingsolo: 3:52pm On Feb 28, 2013
Who say Boko haram no get face? this is to tell u dat all this politicians know this BH boys, if not how APC go carry meeting go BH headquaters ? maybe next vacation meeting go be for Afghanistan or yemen, all expense paid trip.
Re: APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today by salt1: 3:59pm On Feb 28, 2013
Mr McJay: Salt 1, if you had been around the politics section of Nairaland, you would have seen what Amosun is doing. I'm talking of real achievements not painting airports and cutting grasses at the stadia.

Really? My fault!

Please share. And other states should please share.

We need to have the credentials of those that wish to replace the incumbent and I wish that posters can just be courteous. Abuses convey so much hatred and instead of enhancing your opinion actually retracts from it.

Keep it clean, folks. It is irritating to many of us!
Re: APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today by prettyboi1(m): 4:01pm On Feb 28, 2013
goingsolo: Who say Boko haram no get face? this is to tell u dat all this politicians know this BH boys, if not how APC go carry meeting go BH headquaters ? maybe next vacation meeting go be for Afghanistan or yemen, all expense paid trip.

Ok mr.man, let's assume boko haram get face........what has mr.clueless retardeen aka Mr Jonathan done about it? Why has he not dealt with them precisely? The man lacks guts....SIMPLE!

2 Likes

Re: APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today by bubadaniel13: 4:03pm On Feb 28, 2013
I just pray that Boko Haram wil not be part of the alliance cos i smell rat somewhere.... grin grin grin
Re: APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today by KokoBeware: 4:08pm On Feb 28, 2013
ayiddalal: ITS IS MY RIGHT TO VOTE WHOM I DEEM FITS TO LEAD MY COUNTRY OUT OF THIS MESS.TO MAKE MY LIFE MY FAMILY MY NEIGHBOUR MY COMMUNITY MY STATE MY REGION MY BELOVED COUNTRY BETTER IN ALL ASPECT OF LIFE. SO I WILL VOTE FOR APC.

But you don't even know who they are fielding
Re: APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today by bappahman: 4:09pm On Feb 28, 2013
APC is making pdp nd their supporters very uncomfortable...its a very good news for democracy nd nigeria

3 Likes

Re: APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today by Gbawe: 4:16pm On Feb 28, 2013
Ikengawo: How is it brave for them to go to Maidugari when they're primarily muslim? which one of them has anything to fear

Buhari?
El Rufai
Tinubu?
Fashola?
the entire ANPP?

Maybe Rochas lol.

Ogbeni Einstein, can you tell us the religious faith of those Boko Haram has murdered in the largest number to justify your warped logic? Those cold-blooded butchers slay everything and everyone. Your offensive comments are always so redolent of a discriminatory and prejudicial mind.

@Topic.

Why should these guys worry about Boko Haram when they all know the score? Nigerian politicians all know the unspoken truth many biased Nigerians are too emotional to handle. Our politicians are not as sentimental as those they lead. These guys all know Boko Haram is now a PDP affair i.e a tool disgruntled PDP elements are using to fight the PDP Government of the day. Their message is "we wll move around Nigeria freely. Let those fighting each other worry about each other".

4 Likes

Re: APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today by Gbawe: 4:20pm On Feb 28, 2013
bappahman: APC is making pdp nd their supporters very uncomfortable...its a very good news for democracy nd nigeria

It might even be 'no-contest' in 2015 because it is very possible the "nest of killers" will totally decimate itself.

2 Likes

Re: APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today by Nobody: 4:21pm On Feb 28, 2013
If GEJ nor fit bomb all dis pipo for maiduguri tru any means, I go bliv say him be really weaklin. Lolz
Re: APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today by bappahman: 4:38pm On Feb 28, 2013
Witnesses say
several bombs have exploded in a
northeastern Nigeria city which is hosting a
meeting of opposition political parties.
The blasts happened Thursday afternoon
in the city of Maiduguri, long under assault
by a radical Islamic sect known as Boko
Haram. A security official said he believed
some soldiers were killed in the blasts, but
did not have any other information. The
official spoke on condition of anonymity as
he was not authorized to speak to
journalists.
The All Progressives Congress, a recently
announced amalgam of opposition parties
in Nigeria, was holding a meeting
Thursday in the city that had drawn
powerful politicians.
Re: APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today by Eziachi: 4:41pm On Feb 28, 2013
Sunny_bobo: Boko haram is the militant wing of CPC. Why would they attack a gathering of their ogas?
So some of you even up till now, despite everything we all knew now, despite all that has happened before our own eyes, you don't know still that Boko Haram was the brain child of disgruntled PDP members?
When Jonathan said that they are even in his government, do you think he was referring to CPC members inside his government? because I can't recall any CPC members in his government.
If this politicians dare him and pull this off, its a huge PR coup for them against whoever that advised Jonathan not to visit Borno all this time, even when American and British leaders were doing unexpected visits to Iraq and Afganistan even in the very heat of the insurgence.

3 Likes

Re: APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today by bappahman: 4:42pm On Feb 28, 2013
Jenams: If GEJ nor fit bomb all dis pipo for maiduguri tru any means, I go bliv say him be really weaklin. Lolz
several bombs have exploded in a
northeastern Nigeria city which is hosting a
meeting of opposition political parties.
The blasts happened Thursday afternoon
in the city of Maiduguri, long under assault
by a radical Islamic sect known as Boko
Haram. A security official said he believed
some soldiers were killed in the blasts, but
did not have any other information. The
official spoke on condition of anonymity as
he was not authorized to speak to
journalists.
The All Progressives Congress, a recently
announced amalgam of opposition parties
in Nigeria, was holding a meeting
Thursday in the city that had drawn
powerful politicians.
Re: APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today by Eziachi: 4:43pm On Feb 28, 2013
Are you speaking from experience-can you elaborate?
Re: APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today by prettyboi1(m): 4:44pm On Feb 28, 2013
Gbawe:

Ogbeni Einstein, can you tell us the religious faith of those Boko Haram has murdered in the largest number to justify your warped logic? Those cold-blooded butchers slay everything and everyone. Your offensive comments are always so redolent of a discriminatory and prejudicial mind.

@Topic.

Why should these guys worry about Boko Haram when they all know the score? Nigerian politicians all know the unspoken truth many biased Nigerians are too emotional to handle. Our politicians are not as sentimental as those they lead. These guys all know Boko Haram is now a PDP affair i.e a tool disgruntled PDP elements are using to fight the PDP Government of the day. Their message is "we wll move around Nigeria freely. Let those fighting each other worry about each other".
100% brilliant post bro. This is all that it is.

2 Likes

Re: APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today by Eziachi: 4:50pm On Feb 28, 2013
gramci:

Namadi Sambo was there earlier
Sambo is an insignificant over exaggerated houseboy in the contest of Nigerian banal politics. He is not the commander in-chief, Jonathan and his sidekicks only gets an erection with innocent unarmed MASSOB members.
Re: APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today by Eziachi: 4:55pm On Feb 28, 2013
Policewoman: Governor Rochas is nothing but a political harlot. Who told him the SE and SS is interested in that yeye alliance? Smdh.
Don't always put all your eggs inside one basket, especially in the dog eat dog Nigerian politic, something it seems Rochas understood more than some of you, as things look.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG To Deploy Nuclear Technology To Eradicate Malaria – Daily Trust / EFCC Hunts For FIRS Boss Fowler As Aide Exposes Fowler’s Car Gift To Girlfriend! / Anambra Election Results From Ihiala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.