Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,890 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:40 PM

An Abandoned Child At Iyana Ipaja. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / An Abandoned Child At Iyana Ipaja. (13691 Views)

Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police / The Story Of An Abandoned Child / Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Abandoned Child At Iyana Ipaja. by izy4all(m): 6:02pm On Feb 28, 2013
this is hurting! Now wat is d fate of this inocent child!
Re: An Abandoned Child At Iyana Ipaja. by izy4all(m): 6:06pm On Feb 28, 2013
debrief08: I am sorry, I am trying to understand this.
You had time to take pictures and record videos but you were too in a hurry to find out what would be done to help?
So how would our " Wicked parents" "God punish" "some people are cursed". "Na wa oh" comments help the child?

Technology has taken us to a dark place, people prefer taking pictures and sharing without really caring to help, even at accident scenes.
The time it took the ground to gather and look round someone would have called the Police.
It would be more beneficial to this child if you had kept your phone down and informed the closest Police Man or Woman to you.

I am sorry, I just don't and can't understand what you want us to do with the picture of this poor child now.
I can imagine what would have happened to the injured Man in the Bible in this our generation. Instead of helping like the good samaritan did he would have taken pictures to broadcast
Re: An Abandoned Child At Iyana Ipaja. by izy4all(m): 6:06pm On Feb 28, 2013
You had time to take pictures and record videos but you were too in a hurry to find out what would be done to help?
So how would our " Wicked parents" "God punish" "some people are cursed". "Na wa oh" comments help the child?

Technology has taken us to a dark place, people prefer taking pictures and sharing without really caring to help, even at accident scenes.
The time it took the ground to gather and look round someone would have called the Police.
It would be more beneficial to this child if you had kept your phone down and informed the closest Police Man or Woman to you.

I am sorry, I just don't and can't understand what you want us to do with the picture of this poor child now.
I can imagine what would have happened to the injured Man in the Bible in this our generation. Instead of helping like the good samaritan did he would have taken pictures to broadcast
u r rite bro
Re: An Abandoned Child At Iyana Ipaja. by SisiKill1: 6:49pm On Feb 28, 2013
Okay, if we want to set up something like was done for Ayomide. . .how do we go about it?

We've all seen the picture, we have oooohed and awwwed....so what next?
Re: An Abandoned Child At Iyana Ipaja. by ciphoenix: 7:30pm On Feb 28, 2013
ifyalways: Baby 123, thank you oh. I'll continue to preach abstinence, protection or abortion if both parties are not ready for a child.
This boy is most probably, a product of nigerian sentimental advice to an unplanned pregnancy ;"have the child and give him or her up for adoption, God would take care of you". Kids full orphanage begging for adoption and fostering. How many have we adopted or fostered but we always encourage folks that are CLEARLY not ready to have and take care of a child to have it then give up for adoption. Internet Nigerians.

@topic, OP,if its not too late, there are 2 orphanages nearby you could have just gone to "tell" about this boy and they will take it up assuming you and everyone else were "afraid" to go to police. Compassionate orphanage egbeda and little saints akowonjo are all close by.
There's also the social welfare office @ oshodi too were you can just tell them the place you saw the boy and go your merry way without fear of arrest or whatever.

I pray the boy is found and taken in by the appropriate people sha.

seriously? that's illegal you know. it's like encouraging someone to kill his/her kids just because he/she cannot cater for their needs.
Re: An Abandoned Child At Iyana Ipaja. by YorubaOmoge: 7:33pm On Feb 28, 2013
ciphoenix:

seriously? that's illegal you know. it's like encouraging someone to kill his/her kids just because he/she cannot cater for their needs.

So abandoning the child is legal?

Why have a child, knowing you lack funds, nl's to abandon him or her?

This is where you anti-abortion lack the sense to comprehend.

And please don't talk about orphanage or adoption. Nigeria is not ready for either. Orphanage in Naija na torture camp.
Re: An Abandoned Child At Iyana Ipaja. by ciphoenix: 7:41pm On Feb 28, 2013
neither is legal. people should learn to take responsibility.
Re: An Abandoned Child At Iyana Ipaja. by andyanders: 7:48pm On Feb 28, 2013
kingblosky: Chai; who go one abduct this one put for house now ?. E go be like say person carry JUJU come keep for house . Poor boy !!!!. Nairalanders help abduct this boy and give him a home .

So you call what God created JUJU? Too bad a comment when you knew within yourself that he is still an infant. You do not know his tomorrow. He could be rescued through this means and tomorrow, he can turn to be the president of this country.Never look down on people when they are down. Feel and have human feelings on this innocent boy than your comment which is uncalled for. Too bad because maybe you were privileged t have life.
Re: An Abandoned Child At Iyana Ipaja. by CocoSprinkles(f): 8:39pm On Feb 28, 2013
Wow, can a mother really do this to her own child No matter d level of poverty com'on! Even some animals wont do this! God will favour dis child, amen oh..
Re: An Abandoned Child At Iyana Ipaja. by Nobody: 8:39pm On Feb 28, 2013
CocoSprinkles: Wow, can a mother really do this to her own child No matter d level of poverty com'on! Even some animals wont do this! God will favour dis child, amen oh..
You couldn't have said it any better!
Re: An Abandoned Child At Iyana Ipaja. by poshpimkiey(f): 9:42pm On Feb 28, 2013

thank u o.
Re: An Abandoned Child At Iyana Ipaja. by informatix: 10:54pm On Feb 28, 2013
Future Areaboy
Re: An Abandoned Child At Iyana Ipaja. by Nobody: 11:24pm On Feb 28, 2013
Sijo01: Nobody is under any obligation to bring a child into this world....... if you'r not capable of taking care of one, simply stay off the process of making babies. angry angry

the guys can go into full time wanking while the ladies can just get themselves a se.x toy. grin grin grin grin grin grin

back to business
u are so on point.
Re: An Abandoned Child At Iyana Ipaja. by Nobody: 11:45pm On Feb 28, 2013

Brother God will bless u wherever u re! U have said the ryt n exact thing! Only God will bless u! Pls we should try n change our attitude about things! Plssssssss Nigerians, change ur attitudes
Re: An Abandoned Child At Iyana Ipaja. by YorubaOmoge: 11:49pm On Feb 28, 2013
I'm still shocked at Berem.

So you only took the picture to run back on NL to post it?

Should we say "ahhh, these Lagosians" or should we ascribe an insult to the tribe?

What's the point of noticing someone that needs help if you're not willing to help? Lol you don't even know where the child ended up lol

People of nowadays. So depressing.

I'm beginning to think that most of una's "kindness" comes with dark ulterior motives.
Re: An Abandoned Child At Iyana Ipaja. by Kobojunkie: 3:33am On Mar 01, 2013
berem: I was on my to Oshodi via Iyana Ipaja and came across a crowd gathered around a child about 4 years old. I ask few women what happened and they asked me if i was a presswoman. I told them no but will like to know what happened. They told me they found the boy at the foot of the bridge heavily asleep. Probably he was drugged by the mother. When he woke up he started demanding for food. The boy looked malnourished and couldn't utter a word. As i was recording this he was being fed.

I couldn't wait to know what the crowd wanted to do to help the child because i was in a hurry.

Poster, can you find your way back to the same area in the morning to at least confirm that the boy was not later on abandoned by the people who fed him?

1 Like

Re: An Abandoned Child At Iyana Ipaja. by oludayomi(f): 12:39pm On Mar 01, 2013
Luk closely dat child has bn used, luk the way his hair cut is. 4 yrs old boy dnt knw his name or parents name. Ђe has bn brain watch.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Can A Parent Tame A Delinquent Child? / Who Is The Decision Maker In A Nigerian Household – Husband Or Wife? / Urgent: Please Help Choose Between Ox And Lontor Rechargeable Fan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.