Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,632 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

Despite All Odds - Literature (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Despite All Odds (127585 Views)

Despite All Odds - (An Interesting Story) / AGAINST ALL ODDS By Akpem Terese Shadrach. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Despite All Odds by 01emek(m): 10:05am On Aug 22, 2013
Bukky,pls suspense is not good for my health oo! Pls update!
Re: Despite All Odds by Nobody: 10:50am On Aug 22, 2013
Abeg cme update o
Gettin more interestincheesy
Re: Despite All Odds by Doyensky: 10:52am On Aug 22, 2013
Gen gen, kasala don burst o
Re: Despite All Odds by swtangeljones(f): 10:53am On Aug 22, 2013
This story is superb.........keep it up!
Re: Despite All Odds by rhazur(m): 11:24am On Aug 22, 2013
BukkyDan: Where do I start from? cheesy
Thanks alot o @ Rhazhur, Olekubabe, Big Sis HBGwink ,gandyluv, dusha, Funnysaint, Fuji,ninja,Vickii,Adisa,Ariyke, 2map, Mizsammy, Lucky Gurlie...love ya all in no particular order, including those I forgot to mention o cheesy

@ Cest moi...thanks alot, though it isn't as you think. I really appreciate every single person that opens this thread, talk more of leaving a comment. I'm sorry you felt the other way round. I luv ya too...thanks alotwink
it is spelt rhazur and pronounced razor...ok? But your update don dey too tah o!!!
Re: Despite All Odds by aprilwise(m): 2:14pm On Aug 22, 2013
Madam bukky, I must confess u're a wonderful writer. I luv ur story. I read one of ur masterpiece lara's faith it a fantastic story. Luv u. Lol
Re: Despite All Odds by funnysaint(m): 6:27pm On Aug 22, 2013
Bk, an short of words. u toooooooooooooooooo much. ur story is nice, its trilling, captivating and over interesting. More update pleeeeeeeeeeeeeez
Re: Despite All Odds by Flow11(f): 8:07am On Aug 23, 2013
Wow,thrilling,suspence and comedy..nice work i must say..Bukkydan you r an awesome writter..kudos
Re: Despite All Odds by adisa204(m): 9:02am On Aug 23, 2013
Like yorubas would say(aunty mi bukky)u just off-loaded us all on the express ohh,and it is dangerous ohh,come and update ohhhh.make w comot 4 express
Re: Despite All Odds by patholaw: 12:16pm On Aug 23, 2013
I can relate with this your story miss buckky....can't wait for next update.
Re: Despite All Odds by 01emek(m): 8:47pm On Aug 23, 2013
Came into thread, yet on update! Got disapointed...went out without reading any comment.
Re: Despite All Odds by ninja4life(m): 10:06am On Aug 24, 2013
Hehe kasala don burst o.bukky come update o
Re: Despite All Odds by Tovot: 10:48am On Aug 24, 2013
Bukky welldond o!but pls come and update o!hugs!
Re: Despite All Odds by BukkyDan(f): 11:37am On Aug 26, 2013
Barbra pressed her head into her soft pillow, in a bid to hide her face...the knock she heard came again-a little louder.
Her husband must of gone nuts;if he thinks, he'd have her dish it out again. Can't he get it that she's easily bored by such things?

"Mummy!" Cassandra pushed the door open.

Barbra's eyes snapped open, Cassie? What's wrong?

"Mummy.." Cassandra called again, walking towards the kingsized bed.

"Cassandra Williams! You have no idea what time it is?"

"Erm...uhm..sorry to disturb your sleep..." Cassandra replied looking excited.

"what's that look on your face?" Barbra asked sitting up.

"Mum you won't believe it, the John I told you about is here again o...they've come to take that witch away." her eyes shone with happiness as she spoke.

"You mean Joyce?" Barbra asked observing her closely.

"Yea..." she replied with a short laugh.

" Cassie? Look me in the eyes and tell me you have no hand in this." Barbra's pierced into her daughter, who was beginning to feel uncomfortable.

"Mum...I'm sorry..."Cassandra avoided her eyes.
"I got John's phone number from Joyce phone...and I called him to..."

"You have no idea what you've done! That man could be a robber or a kidnapper! Joyce told you she doesn't know him...and you still....Cassandra are you this st.upid?" Barbra said in a fierce whisper.

"No..." Cassandra mumbled, she could feel her mother hot breathe on her cheek.

Without a word, Barbra grabbed her night robe, pulling it over her she sauntered out of the room.

"Mum...wait up!" Cassandra ran after her.

"so Joyce, what have you got to say?" Williams asked.

"I don't know what they're talking about, she is my mother-true! But John? No! He's just an ex!" Joyce replied in a firm voice- she's gradually regaining her composure.

"Shup up! Stupid geh! After John don finish sponsor you for school, your eye don open, you wan con form ingrish abi?" the old woman scolded.

"Mama, as you can see, I'm pregnant for this other man o" Joyce replied.

"Which pregnancy? That pikin belongs to me!" John slammed his hands on his laps.

"Joyce, for the last time! Who owns that baby?" Willaims asked impatiently

"its you."

"Joy! Before I close my eye and open again, go bring your bag let us waka." the old woman yelled in her shrill voice.

"She's not going anywhere."

all eyes turned, to behold Barbra who must been standing below the stairs for so long.

"she's is not a child, she knows who owns her pregnancy." Barbra noted walking towards an empty sofa.

Joyce sighed, she couldn't be more grateful, who said God isn't on her side?

"who be this woman?" The old woman asked.

"My wife!" williams replied.

"oh, so you even get wife? Shameless man! You marry this kain fine woman, you come dey follow this mumu Joy up and down? Na God go judge you." The old woman cursed.

"I won't have you insult my husband!" Barbra snapped- she wasn't sure she's doing the right thing, but this is her husband they're talking about, his unborn child.

"ohooo! No wonder! So na you mumu pass? Joy jazz you abi? Or you self na like that you take come this house? I no blame you, no be yoruba you be? For our place we dey marry o, Joy get husband, and na her husband be this John wey you dey see so."

"Confirm!" John nodded beating his chest.

"With due respect..." Williams cleared his throat, he's grateful having a wife that understands.

"With due respect, this should be the last time you- Mr John or what ever you call yourself, would come to my own house to cause trouble!" Barbra took over.

"If you have any scores to settle with Joyce, let it be outside my home please." Barbra continued to sound her warning.

"Joyce isn't a child, as I said earlier. She knows the father of her child! Besides we're still gonna test the paternity of the child." she added.

Cassandra pinched her mother, whatever was wrong with her.
Barbra threw her an angry look, before turning to the suprised Joyce.
"Get these people outta my house this minute!" she gave her order, before going back to her room.

Cassandra shook her head in disbelief as she watched her mother mount the stairs, something just wasn't right. She'd call Aunty Ashley right away, her mother's about losing her mind.

1 Like

Re: Despite All Odds by Luckygurl(f): 11:43am On Aug 26, 2013
*Sighs with relief*
I've waited so long for this.
Ma am pls keep it coming.
Re: Despite All Odds by BukkyDan(f): 11:45am On Aug 26, 2013
Heart felt thank you' goes to my big sis HBG, Olu, VIcki, Melan, baby, gandy, michelle, bigshol, shugarry, oleku, candis, doyen, swtangel,rhazur, april, funny, flow, adisa, 01emek, ninja, patholaw, Tovot ...all in no particular order, luv ya loads#hugs and kisses#
cheesy wink 8-)
Re: Despite All Odds by ninja4life(m): 12:00pm On Aug 26, 2013
Nice one babra cos if williams is actually d father of d baby dats how some idiots would hav com to claim d baby
Re: Despite All Odds by Nobody: 12:00pm On Aug 26, 2013
Re: Despite All Odds by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:04pm On Aug 26, 2013
This is short angry
Re: Despite All Odds by aprilwise(m): 12:29pm On Aug 26, 2013
@ all @ all na bad pass. I enjoy d little u updated keep it coming.

1 Like

Re: Despite All Odds by Nobody: 12:35pm On Aug 26, 2013
wat is even wrong wit dis Babra woman sef.Abeg may she go siddon.Mtchew
Re: Despite All Odds by shugarry(f): 12:42pm On Aug 26, 2013
Barbra is begining to annoy me.
Re: Despite All Odds by rhazur(m): 12:53pm On Aug 26, 2013
E be lyk say joyce don wash put for barbra. Why sasha no be the mama sef?
Re: Despite All Odds by Nobody: 1:32pm On Aug 26, 2013
Lol!!! Hehehe!!! Barbra is my kinda woman! Dats y she's educated.. Do tins d rite way despite its gona inconvenience her!!! Joy mama sef!!! Chai! She b dullin woman sha
Re: Despite All Odds by portablechizzy(f): 3:38pm On Aug 26, 2013
Cool
Re: Despite All Odds by cheesekiss(f): 5:52pm On Aug 26, 2013
Hope that's not all we er getting after waiting for so long. undecided.. Wasn't expecting tins 2 turn diz way...barbra dey craze ni?
Re: Despite All Odds by funnysaint(m): 8:29pm On Aug 26, 2013
I COMMENT MY RESERVE FOR NOW. hmmmmm waiting for next update
Re: Despite All Odds by macdelene(m): 9:24pm On Aug 26, 2013
Haba Barbra person no dey mumu finish na ,God don call the calvaries and u wan shit for ur own garri. na who say joyce no fit stay her mama house born and do test later.Haba niceness get levels na. I beg were sasha
Bukky lovely one but short.
Re: Despite All Odds by lirusehn(m): 10:28pm On Aug 26, 2013
Lol. Barbra dey do eye servix
Re: Despite All Odds by Emeralddan(f): 12:36am On Aug 27, 2013
Nawa o!!....u sure say joyce no jazz dis woman?? Hian i never see person like dat o
Re: Despite All Odds by adisa204(m): 8:56am On Aug 27, 2013
Wow!This story is getting hotter by the day,oya ohh,B.O.L(bukky of life)unto the next level ohhhh.
Re: Despite All Odds by DeGraze(f): 9:44am On Aug 27, 2013
wats wit barbra, bein following 4 a whle nw. dis ha gud house wife don too mch

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (27) (Reply)

TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji / <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> / Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.