Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:56 PM

A Thread For Playstation 2 Gamers: The 5 Games You Like - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / A Thread For Playstation 2 Gamers: The 5 Games You Like (3594 Views)

Playstation 2 Dualshock Controller On PC? / A Thread For Mobile Gamers ( Android & IOS ) / Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Thread For Playstation 2 Gamers: The 5 Games You Like by BarnabasCo: 6:36am On Mar 01, 2013
This is a thread for the best 5 games you like, For me:

Grand Theft Auto IV

PES 2013

God Of War

Burnout Revenge

Ultimate Mortal Kombat.

Add Yours!! cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Playstation 2 Gamers: The 5 Games You Like by usermane(m): 6:45am On Mar 02, 2013
RESIDENT EVIL 4
GOD OF WAR 2
MGS3: SNAKE EATER
FINAL FANTASY 12
PRINCE OF PERSIA: SOT

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Playstation 2 Gamers: The 5 Games You Like by Frostyzone(m): 2:43pm On Mar 02, 2013
So people still play games on this outdated platform.

I bet PES 13 and all the other games are pretty lame both graphic-wise and gameplay.

With the exception of God of War I and II, and maybe Resident evil 4, no game in PS 2 is worth playing.
Re: A Thread For Playstation 2 Gamers: The 5 Games You Like by usermane(m): 3:54pm On Mar 02, 2013
Frostyzone: So people still play games on this outdated platform.

I bet PES 13 and all the other games are pretty lame both graphic-wise and gameplay.

With the exception of God of War I and II, and maybe Resident evil 4, no game in PS 2 is worth playing.
who told u that ps2 is so rusty that gamers shouldnt live on it? Alot of people cant even afford to buy one. I got a ps3 and hands down it completely beat ps2 but yet ps2 games like i mentioned earlier beat a good number of ps3 games especially storywise. Graphics isnt enough, and not every game on current gen have superb gameplay. Games lyk uncharted is near perfection yet its downsides still are vivid. Have u played Metal gear solid 3, or final fantasy 12?
A lot of gamers love to bash last gen games or consoles mayb cos they r lucky enough to purchase d hugely priced the latest gen. games and consoles. Well just watch closely frustyzone, PS4 launch price would be atleast twice PS3 launch price(ie about a whopping £1000) and for years to come many would hardly criticize ps3 evn when sony stops its manufacturing.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Playstation 2 Gamers: The 5 Games You Like by Frostyzone(m): 6:52pm On Mar 02, 2013
usermane:
who told u that ps2 is so rusty that gamers shouldnt live on it? Alot of people cant even afford to buy one. I got a ps3 and hands down it completely beat ps2 but yet ps2 games like i mentioned earlier beat a good number of ps3 games especially storywise. Graphics isnt enough, and not every game on current gen have superb gameplay. Games lyk uncharted is near perfection yet its downsides still are vivid. Have u played Metal gear solid 3, or final fantasy 12?

What? Did you just say that PS2 games have better story lines than the 4th gen platforms??

Dude, frankly speaking, don't whisper that too loudly in public or else you might end up a laughing stock.

Allow me to educate you on how wrong you were.

All the games you listed above with the exception of GOW were especially made for the 4th generation platform(PS3 and XBOX 360) and then later ported down to the playstation 2 level.

And to port a game successfully, you must make some sacrifices, which means you have to get rid of 2 or 3 levels, several cut scenes, tone down the graphics and shorten the story line somewhat.

All these will leave you with a game that is a shadow of it's original self(4th gen) and that is what you are enjoying right now on Playstation 2.

To really get what I'm saying, try playing Pes 13 on Playstation 2 side by side with the Playstation 3 version. You will notice that whereas the the later is loaded with new innovations and graphics, the later still plays and look like the 2008 era.

Wake up. Game publishers/producers stop publishing Playstation 2 exclusive games a long time ago.
Re: A Thread For Playstation 2 Gamers: The 5 Games You Like by usermane(m): 10:31am On Mar 04, 2013
Frostyzone, I said 'SOME ps2 games today beat a number of Ps3 games storywise'. Would u rather play Resident Evil 4 or Tomb Raider underworld. Like Prince of Persia ps2 trilogy got better story than forgotten sands on ps3.
Also in terms of gameplay, compare SMACKDOWN: Here comes the pain(ps2) to SVR 2010(ps3)
Even the game length matters, GOW 2 is lengthier than GOW 3. In my books GOW 2 has a better story.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Playstation 2 Gamers: The 5 Games You Like by Iykesmooth: 6:28pm On Mar 04, 2013
No need 2 argue,both platforms are great, av got both of them, am a game freak!!!!!! I enjoyed sum ps2 games than their ps3 counter parts , same goes 4 ps3 over 2 but now av got my eyes on ps4smiley
Re: A Thread For Playstation 2 Gamers: The 5 Games You Like by Salmoneus(m): 7:09pm On Mar 04, 2013
Frostyzone: So people still play games on this outdated platform.

A true gamer doesn't play a game just for its graphics...I have an Xbox but I still play Snes, Sega on my laptop, and I'm going to get a Ps2 soon, real gamers look beyond the graphics why do you think they still port classic games like contra for the xbox? even though the graphics is outdated...
Re: A Thread For Playstation 2 Gamers: The 5 Games You Like by Frostyzone(m): 8:12am On Mar 06, 2013
usermane: Frostyzone, I said 'SOME ps2 games today beat a number of Ps3 games storywise'. Would u rather play Resident Evil 4 or Tomb Raider underworld. Like Prince of Persia ps2 trilogy got better story than forgotten sands on ps3.

Say what?? I had played then all, and the last time I checked, The forgotten sands beat the Crap out of all the Ps2 counterparts in all department...okay, maybe not in game lengths but in all the other departments that matters.

Resident evil 4 is a pretty decent game, the kind of game you would only see in 4th gen. I had a lot of fun playing two characters in it...until I played it's counterpart on Ps3, Resident evil 5. Now that's a game for champs.

Resident Evil 4 was pretty good both in graphics and gameplay, infact you wouldn't even know you are playing a Ps2 title because of the impressive textures and colour resolutions. But Resident evil 5 still managed the incredible feat of blowing it out of the water, due to the superior graphics(the characters are so realistically detailed that you could practically see beads of sweats on their faces). The gameplay is so surreal that you dare not play the game in the dark and alone. Oh Yes! It's that good.

As for Tomb raider: Underground, I haven't tried it yet as to give you an honest opinion.

usermane: Also in terms of gameplay, compare SMACKDOWN: Here comes the pain(ps2) to SVR 2010(ps3)
Even the game length matters, GOW 2 is lengthier than GOW 3. In my books GOW 2 has a better story.

You may be right. Ps3 have always come up short in wrestling games. I don't know why, but the gameplay almost always sucks compared to Ps2 versions.

They just of recent started getting it right; RAW VS SMACKDOWN 2012 was a real beast

As for GOW 2 being longer than GOW 3, that's a big fat lie.

Both games are epic and won several awards in their era, but in terms of excitements, pound for pound battles, boss fights, stages, storyline, cut scenes, gameplay and graphics, GOW 3 is the clear winner.

It currently rank as the best GOW title in GOW gaming franchise.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Playstation 2 Gamers: The 5 Games You Like by Frostyzone(m): 8:31am On Mar 06, 2013
Salmoneus:
A true gamer doesn't play a game just for its graphics...I have an Xbox but I still play Snes, Sega on my laptop, and I'm going to get a Ps2 soon, real gamers look beyond the graphics why do you think they still port classic games like contra for the xbox? even though the graphics is outdated...

I have to disagree. A modern gamer play games especially for it's graphics.

The reason why many gamers migrated from PES to Fifa is mainly because of the superior graphics the later has to offer. The gameplay is only secondary.

The only reason we have 4th generation platforms like Ps3 and XBOX 360 today, is to give modern gamers the opportunity of enjoying their favorite titles in graphically superior environment.

Being an old fashion kind of gamer is different from hardcore, progressive modern gamers such like myself.

While you may prefers playing pes13 on Sega, I wouldn't be caught dead playing it on any other platform that is not 4th gen.

Your definition of a true gamer is so wrong, dude.
Re: A Thread For Playstation 2 Gamers: The 5 Games You Like by BarnabasCo: 6:34am On Mar 09, 2013
My playstation 2 Cd lens just got spoilt,do any of you know hw to convert it without using cd lens?
Re: A Thread For Playstation 2 Gamers: The 5 Games You Like by stanlee303(m): 7:30am On Mar 09, 2013
Please who can sell me grand theft san andreas and a/v cord for 2500 please
Re: A Thread For Playstation 2 Gamers: The 5 Games You Like by Tbase2: 4:07pm On Mar 09, 2013
Iykesmooth: No need 2 argue,both platforms are great, av got both of them, am a game freak!!!!!! I enjoyed sum ps2 games than their ps3 counter parts , same goes 4 ps3 over 2 but now av got my eyes on ps4smiley
oh what a rich stupid f.u.:-C.k you are

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Playstation 2 Gamers: The 5 Games You Like by usermane(m): 1:40am On Mar 19, 2013
Barnabas_Co: My playstation 2 Cd lens just got spoilt,do any of you know hw to convert it without using cd lens?
not really sure. The thing is ps2 is hardly useful if the lens get damaged. U may have to replace with a new and compatible lens. That is not a day 's job,here in Ngr, and lots of gamers just get a new console instead. If u mean ur lens is dirty, i.e ur system cant read disks then go to google to get tips on how to clean the lens.
Some tips need you 2 disassemble the whole console and thoroughly clean within. Others require u to wipe then lens surface lightly with with a cotton bud slightly moistened with ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL. U may get this alcohol cleaner from a local electronic store commonly sold with dvd lens cleaner.
Now,back in time i faced ps2 laser lens issue for a first time, when i couldnt complete Resident Evil 4 last boss fight due to game freezing. What i did was clean the ps2 casing,the disk tray and cover. But i didnt touch the lens. My console worked perfectly after that to oversee my completion of the game.
Then again, simple dust cleaning might not always work or maybe, solve the problem for good. And some experts warn against cleaning lens with alcohol(evn though i did, in a futile attempt to play some old,lightly scratched,pirated cd). Hence, disassembling may come to mind. But the ps2 is not a dvd player, or radio set, evn auto electricians have a hard time unscrewing it and screwing it after cleaning, cleaning that must b done with care not to cut off any wired connection. This is too much of a hard nut to crack especially 4 the ps2 slim.
As a side note; many people complain of their ps2 mostly because they fail to care for it. They take the maintanance hints on the manual for granted. I ve seen guys play with a very dusty ps2, allow the console no rest time,insert very scratched,dirty and unkept cds indiscriminately and its unfortunate cos these same guys end up with lens problems or overheatng that mediate into lens issue. PS2 should b out of reach of dust,water or intense sunlight or heat. I dont evn keep it close to my window cause a strong breeze carrying dust or rain water or intense sunlight(heat) could pass the window thereby reaching the ps2.
Factors like marathon gaming,playing scratched or cracked cds,shocks due to violent shaking or droping the console is enough to stain/bruise the lens or cause internal damages difficult to rectify. The same goes for the PS3.
Re: A Thread For Playstation 2 Gamers: The 5 Games You Like by usermane(m): 6:36am On Mar 19, 2013
Frostyzone:

Say what?? I had played then all, and the last time I checked, The forgotten sands beat the Crap out of all the Ps2 counterparts in all department...okay, maybe not in game lengths but in all the other departments that matters.

Resident evil 4 is a pretty decent game, the kind of game you would only see in 4th gen. I had a lot of fun playing two characters in it...until I played it's counterpart on Ps3, Resident evil 5. Now that's a game for champs.

Resident Evil 4 was pretty good both in graphics and gameplay, infact you wouldn't even know you are playing a Ps2 title because of the impressive textures and colour resolutions. But Resident evil 5 still managed the incredible feat of blowing it out of the water, due to the superior graphics(the characters are so realistically detailed that you could practically see beads of sweats on their faces). The gameplay is so surreal that you dare not play the game in the dark and alone. Oh Yes! It's that good.

As for Tomb raider: Underground, I haven't tried it yet as to give you an honest opinion.

You may be right. Ps3 have always come up short in wrestling games. I don't know why, but the gameplay almost always sucks compared to Ps2 versions.

They just of recent started getting it right; RAW VS SMACKDOWN 2012 was a real beast

As for GOW 2 being longer than GOW 3, that's a big fat lie.

Both games are epic and won several awards in their era, but in terms of excitements, pound for pound battles, boss fights, stages, storyline, cut scenes, gameplay and graphics, GOW 3 is the clear winner.

It currently rank as the best GOW title in GOW gaming franchise.

I might have seen this comment too late, probably when the thread is already abandoned but nothing stops me from voicing out once more.
Frostyzone u focus too much on graphics. Thats the problem, game developers focus too much on graphics that they fail to deliver a good plot or narration. They focus 2 much on action that games r getting shorter and shorter each year, sequels shorter than prequels. Now dont b left hanging, i love good graphics and tons of action but sacrificing length or story for them is a wet blanket for gamers who understand what a good game worthy of $60 is.
RE5 is a good game to say the least,however it is only about 9+ hours,though nvr beat it myself. RE4 is over 20 hours lenthy, atleast it took me 26 hours to beat it. This difference of over 10 hours of fun is concerning. Look at uncharted series, drakes fortune is less than 9 hours, the sequels rnt any much longer. Look at the call of duty games, so short. For God sake ps3 has a vast memory, the games shouldnt be as short as Golden axe or Sunset riders on SEGA. Resident evil is a survival horror franchise and while RE4 added more action to the mix, the signature scares of the franchise were retained. RE5 wasnt scary at all, it failed to deliver the disturbing moments the franchise always did, though it made up for this with graphic and wonderful third person action. For newer gamers RE4 may not hold the candle to RE5, but for old fans, its debatable. When comparing RE titles, survival horror as its genre cant b overlooked. RE4 earned higher ratings on review site than RE5. That in itself is enough reason not to mention 'RE5 completely blew RE4 out of water'. The same goes for Prince of persia trilogy and prince of persia;forgotten sands. Forgotten sand fared well but it gameplay wasnt as innovative as the trilogy and for the fact that POP derived its popularity from its jump n hack n slash gameplay,this isnt a good thing. Like u said forgotten sand was way shorter than it predescessor, that is a bad omen.
GOW3 overall may beat GOW2. But when u look at the story, it was a lot predictable. The last boss fight was very epic, one of my most difficult boss fight but it was predictable. U knew at the end of GOW2 or start of GOW3 that Kratos has one and only end, Flatlining Zeus. GOW 2, had kratos going along with events,circumstances,shocking revealations. Consider,losing his power to Zeus,his death,ressurection,travel to Sisters of Fate. I thought we wud see kratos finally kill zeus but just see how it ended. This is unlike GOW 3 where he was pushing the events and everything seem in order and familiar.
Kratos personality appeal more and is more relatable in GOW2 as a sympathetic,downtrodden anti-hero than GOW3 as a vengeful,blood thirsty protagonist.
Re: A Thread For Playstation 2 Gamers: The 5 Games You Like by ritchboy(m): 10:22am On Mar 19, 2013
usermane: PS4 launch price would be atleast twice PS3 launch price(ie about a whopping £1000) and for years to come many would hardly criticize ps3 evn when sony stops its manufacturing.

Pass the spliff. . . No company would price a console £1,000, and no one would buy it either.
Re: A Thread For Playstation 2 Gamers: The 5 Games You Like by STUT(m): 8:33am On Feb 22, 2016
usermane:
Frostyzone, I said 'SOME ps2 games today beat a number of Ps3 games storywise'. Would u rather play Resident Evil 4 or Tomb Raider underworld. Like Prince of Persia ps2 trilogy got better story than forgotten sands on ps3.
Also in terms of gameplay, compare SMACKDOWN: Here comes the pain(ps2) to SVR 2010(ps3)
GOW3 is the continuation of GOW2,what better story do u want?
Re: A Thread For Playstation 2 Gamers: The 5 Games You Like by STUT(m): 8:38am On Feb 22, 2016
Frostyzone:

I have to disagree. A modern gamer play games especially for it's graphics.

The reason why many gamers migrated from PES to Fifa is mainly because of the superior graphics the later has to offer. The gameplay is only secondary.

The only reason we have 4th generation platforms like Ps3 and XBOX 360 today, is to give modern gamers the opportunity of enjoying their favorite titles in graphically superior environment.

Being an old fashion kind of gamer is different from hardcore, progressive modern gamers such like myself.

While you may prefers playing pes13 on Sega, I wouldn't be caught dead playing it on any other platform that is not 4th gen.

Your definition of a true gamer is so wrong, dude.

Real talk..we move as time moves...I'll play ps3 for anoda year then move to ps4 when the price is affordable
Re: A Thread For Playstation 2 Gamers: The 5 Games You Like by Mckandre(m): 12:00am On Feb 23, 2016
STUT:

Real talk..we move as time moves...I'll play ps3 for anoda year then move to ps4 when the price is affordable
check ya exchange rate , it aint getting any better. u better acquire it while u still can ni
Re: A Thread For Playstation 2 Gamers: The 5 Games You Like by STUT(m): 8:57am On Feb 23, 2016
Mckandre:
check ya exchange rate , it aint getting any better. u better acquire it while u still can ni
I have the bliv things will get better..like 1$-20#

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Playstation 2 Gamers: The 5 Games You Like by Emerson101: 8:22am On Apr 23, 2016
To all my people in Abuja or nasarawa mararaba I ll never advice u to take ur phone to carlcare or wat ever the call it.be it headwear repair or software just call me on 07035235702 or 08115561135 am in mararaba.even if u are a graduate and u want to learn phone software engineering or headwear call me.or u need movies songs psp games ps2 ps3 an ps4 games android HD games apps browseing configurations of all phone's laptop games just name it.call me on 07035235702 or 08115561135 my services does not cost much
Re: A Thread For Playstation 2 Gamers: The 5 Games You Like by chibatov(m): 11:32am On Apr 26, 2016
Is there gta 4 on ps2
Re: A Thread For Playstation 2 Gamers: The 5 Games You Like by chibatov(m): 11:32am On Apr 26, 2016
Is there gta 4 on ps2

(1) (Reply)

How To Configure A Fake PS3 Controller Wirelessly On Pc / Ps4 Got Burnt After Power Surge. / Here's What Any Presidential Candidate Need To Do To Win GAMERS Over In 2019 >>>

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.