Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,245 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

2009 Nissan Murano Issues - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2009 Nissan Murano Issues (2083 Views)

2009 Nissan GTR Or 2014 Porsche Cayman? / My Nissan Murano Key Refuses To Turn / Why Is Nissan Murano Becoming Cheap? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2009 Nissan Murano Issues by Nobody: 4:56pm On Mar 01, 2013
Hello guys,

Hope someone can help me out regarding some issue i have with my wife 2009 Nissan Murano.

We bought the car in US directly from the owner and the service log shows that the owner service the car regularly. The car works fine till December when i decided to change the brake pad and oil. My wife took the car to a mechanic to change the oil and brake pad ( we bought all the parts from USA and the only thing that was bought in Nigeria was the oil)

3 days latter, the car lost drive on top of 3rd main land bridge when my wife brother was driving the car (i was not in the country then). They bought a new battery and the new battery also failed in less than 1hr. Without telling me or my wife, my wife brother got a mechanic and they change the alternator with another one they bought at Ladipo. The new alternator was used with the new battery that they bought ( the one that was depleted in less than 1hr after putting it in the car) and my wife has been using the car since then.

I only got to know about this last week when i was in Nigeria when open the bonnet of the car and notice a different battery in the car. That was when i was told about the incident that happen in December regarding the alternator (mind you, the alternator inside the car was the one they bought at Ladipo now)

But, yesterday, i got a from my wife that after starting the car, she suddenly lost power after 4 minute. All other attempt to start the car was unsuccessful.

I believed that no car will go through 2 alternator with a space of 2 month unless something is wrong with the charging system or there is a problem somewhere. Also, since my wife only drive the car for 30 minute everyday ( 15 min to work and 15min back) i believed the time duration is not enough for the alternator to charge the battery very well.

Nissan US recommend that the capacity of the battery should be change from the factory 550CC (Battery Cold Cranking Amps) to 700CC (Battery Cold Cranking Amps) for people that drive their car less than 1hrs everyday. But, Nigeria dont use Battery Cold Cranking Amps for car battery rating.

Is there anyone out there that know the equivalent of 700 (Battery Cold Cranking Amps) in Nigeria ?
Re: 2009 Nissan Murano Issues by Nobody: 6:09pm On Mar 01, 2013
Any codes? With all you've described, I believe your SES light must have come on---Nissan vehicles are very sensitive to things like that.
Re: 2009 Nissan Murano Issues by Nobody: 6:25pm On Mar 01, 2013
Costee: Any codes? With all you've described, I believe your SES light must have come on---Nissan vehicles are very sensitive to things like that.

Nope..............the check engine light is on. No indicator on the dashboard
Re: 2009 Nissan Murano Issues by Nobody: 8:41pm On Mar 01, 2013
jaidopor:

Nope..............the check engine light is on. No indicator on the dashboard
Well, if the check engine (SES) light is on, then it means there are codes.Get the engine scanned.
On a hunch, I'm suspecting the camshaft position sensor.
Re: 2009 Nissan Murano Issues by sultaan(m): 11:06pm On Mar 01, 2013
Hope you kept the old battery and alternator because here is when the drama starts.

If your car is stopping and the lights are still on it means you have electricity, but those mechanics did not check the alternator or the battery before they started digging in.

If your check engine find the code it might be the CPS and CKS.

Everything could have started with the guy that did the first oil change
Re: 2009 Nissan Murano Issues by Nobody: 11:55pm On Mar 01, 2013
jaidopor:

Nope..............the check engine light is not on. No indicator on the dashboard

Hi guys, I made a mistake in my earlier post. I meant to say that there is NO check engine light display on the dashboard.
Re: 2009 Nissan Murano Issues by Nobody: 11:56am On Mar 02, 2013
jaidopor:

Hi guys, I made a mistake in my earlier post. I meant to say that there is NO check engine light display on the dashboard.
I'd still suggest a scan nonetheless. If oil had slipped on the cps while the change was made that could give trouble or maybe the harness wires had been accidentally tampered with. As I said earlier, it's a hunch. As Sultaan has reasoned, the battery/alternator theory looks far-fetched.

(1) (Reply)

How Much Is A Complete Set Of Tokumbo Shock Absorber For Toyota Camry 2004 Model / 2004 Toyota Sequoia Vs 2006 Nissan Pathfinder Vs 2006 Hyundai Terracan / Which Is Better: 2003 Lexus Es300 Or 2003 Toyota Avalon Xls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.