Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,687 members, 7,809,598 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:49 AM

In The Market For A 2005 Look Pathfinder - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / In The Market For A 2005 Look Pathfinder (13164 Views)

A 2005 Nigerian Used Toyota Corolla For Sale...700k / A 2005 Nigerian Usedhonda Accord Quick Sale....870k / Price Of A 2005 Dodge Magnum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

In The Market For A 2005 Look Pathfinder by fotodaddy: 4:51pm On Mar 19, 2008
Following the sale of the 2002 Pathfinder in the auction, I am going to chronicle here all I am doing to get another jeep.

I mentioned in another post that I wanted a 2005 look pathfinder and look around lagos and I can tell you that all the cars I saw were either over-priced (5.5 m in one case for a 60 mile repaired car) or were accidented.

I even went to Sun Motor who sell nissans and got the price for e new one 7.8 to 8.4 M

So I got in touch with some of the guys on the forum who claim to help get cars and all that.

If you want specific information of what transpired between me and the popular ones on nairaland you can mail me asking for this at oekanu@yahoo.com. But on the whole, I found out people who are looking for margins of between 30 and 50% on a car!!! undecided HELLO undecided

Anyway the long and short of it is that I just came in from Abuja where I met up with Jenju. I can tell you that I have sealed a deal with him for getting a low mileage (30K) Pathfinder (2006 on) for 25,000 USD, shipping included.

Jenju was completely open with me and at the end of the day I was more than happy to pay the 10% which his commission comes up to.

He has promised to give me the best deal with a fully loaded car (we will all see) and from our meet I can tell you that I am confident that he will.

I am paying all the mony for the car upfront and within the next 2 to 3 weeks I expect the car will be getting ready to ship.

Like I said I will post everything that happens here so that other poeple on this forum can understand how these things work and be in a better position to decide who to work with.

WATCH THIS SPACE grin
Re: In The Market For A 2005 Look Pathfinder by jenju(m): 11:12pm On Mar 19, 2008
Fotodaddy,

It was a bubbling pleasure meeting you in Abuja.  Let me reiterate that my transactions are as transparent as they come and my primary objective is to build a relationship that will lead to repeat customers and create valuable references.  Everyone wins when we deal.

As I told you, I will work ceaselessly to get you this 2005 Pathfinder LE model for the agreed upon price.  I will make every attempt to find a 2006 model for the same price - and if one exists out there,  I will get it.  For obvious reasons I normally ask for 30 - 40% down payment  before I fill orders. The balance is typically due upon the buyer's receipt of the vehicle.

I appreciate the confidence you had in me that made you comfortable enough to offer to make full payment up front. I promise to make this transaction a model for buyers and sellers on this forum and will deliver as promised.  I will update progress here  as time goes on.

I'm glad a lucky buyer got your 2002 pathfinder, I would have bid on it myself were it not for the fact that I was en route to Abuja from the USA.   I'll keep you posted.

WE ARE ABOUT TO DO IT AGAIN!   smiley

Cheers.
Re: In The Market For A 2005 Look Pathfinder by nkc(m): 6:41am On Mar 20, 2008
well i will be watching being that i stay in abuja grin
Re: In The Market For A 2005 Look Pathfinder by jenju(m): 12:35pm On Mar 22, 2008
Fotodaddy,

I just returned to the USA and 50% of your funds has so far been received as you promised. The search for your vehicles begins!   smiley
Re: In The Market For A 2005 Look Pathfinder by nkc(m): 3:19pm On Mar 22, 2008
and i watch grin
Re: In The Market For A 2005 Look Pathfinder by fotodaddy: 9:05pm On Mar 23, 2008
Hello All; UPDATE 1
Jenju must have called me no less than 5 times during the weekend. Just so that we work out every little detail. So far I can say that "customer service" is the bomb. I am so confortable that the car will be too. And from the looks of things there might even be the possibility to share a container with some other cars that he is working on. This is so much better that RORO as there are no risks of damage or theft.

Another thing. Jenju tells me that we are working towards getting the car within the next 2 weeks. Getting a bargain is not easy. Anywhere in the world.

Funny thing though; I am actually so uninvolved, as in here I have given out this much money to someone and I am so at peace with everything. I just guess that Jenju just exudes confidence, so there no need to get worried.

Well thats the update for today. Will keep you guys posted.
Re: In The Market For A 2005 Look Pathfinder by nkc(m): 10:42pm On Mar 23, 2008
jenju, jenju, jenju grin
Re: In The Market For A 2005 Look Pathfinder by lungwun(m): 8:36am On Mar 24, 2008
this has got to be interesting
i'm gonna be watching too
cos aint nuthin sweeter than seeing a deal go bad
Re: In The Market For A 2005 Look Pathfinder by nkc(m): 10:59am On Mar 24, 2008
lungwun:

i'm going to be watching too
because aint nuthin sweeter than seeing a deal go bad

lipsrsealed
Re: In The Market For A 2005 Look Pathfinder by jenju(m): 12:18pm On Mar 24, 2008
lungwun:

i'm going to be watching too
because aint nuthin sweeter than seeing a deal go bad

What is the cause of the sadism displayed in your statement above? Whatever is responsible for your reaction can be cured as follows: email me at tikola70@hotmail.com and I'll provide you with an opportunity to sell one or two cars and make cool commission.

I submit that, that will be sweeter than any sadistic concoction you can come up with. Olodo.   smiley
Re: In The Market For A 2005 Look Pathfinder by nkc(m): 1:19pm On Mar 24, 2008
;d
Re: In The Market For A 2005 Look Pathfinder by fotodaddy: 5:41pm On Mar 24, 2008
@lungwun, shortwan!!! grin I dey get am?? wink

I understand your opin. You see, if all your life you have been handed out a raw deal, and you always see the glass half empty, then you will have a warped view on life. And then you become the BLACK MAN wey dey talk say: If one person own no spoil, another person own no go better." Is that the case with you cry Awwww!!!

Anyway, a beg make you no take panadol for another person headache. And as they say, if you close your eye becos you no wan see bad thing, good thing go pass and you no go see am!!

Nothing ventured nothing gained tongue
Re: In The Market For A 2005 Look Pathfinder by nkc(m): 6:35pm On Mar 24, 2008
fotodaddy:

Nothing ventured nothing gained tongue

very true
Re: In The Market For A 2005 Look Pathfinder by lungwun(m): 10:59am On Mar 25, 2008
i think yall are misinterpreting my good intentions. many dealers sell cars over here but none go as loud as posting the step by step report.
not that i wish yall bad but the only thing that will give a fellow sadistic nairalander like me pleasure will be for the deal to go bad.
then and only then will you learn how to be discreet
it is just the truth.
you will never see viperman or inspired_m doing such a thing (OR ARE YOU TRYING TO PROVE YOU ARE BETTER THAN THEM?)
Re: In The Market For A 2005 Look Pathfinder by jenju(m): 11:11am On Mar 25, 2008
lungwun:

i think yall are misinterpreting my good intentions. many dealers sell cars over here but none go as loud as posting the step by step report.
not that i wish yall bad but the only thing that will give a fellow sadistic nairalander like me pleasure will be for the deal to go bad.
then and only then will you learn how to be discreet
it is just the truth.
you will never see viperman or inspired_m doing such a thing (OR ARE YOU TRYING TO PROVE YOU ARE BETTER THAN THEM?)

No one is trying to prove anything, except maybe to show the skeptics among us that many of the dealers here are honest. Remember that fotodaddy auctioned off his 2002 Pathfinder publicly, by his own choice. He also decided to make this transaction of ours public. I have no problem with that - in my books, the customer is always right.

One has nothing to prove in the faceless world of cyberspace! Trust me whether or not I make a single sale, the likes of viperman and inspired_m will continue to be successful. They continue to show professionalism and no one has complained about them.

Make you no start palava where palava no exist, my brother. I still dey wait for your email, your time would be better spent trying to find us more customers.
Re: In The Market For A 2005 Look Pathfinder by ofans(m): 11:51am On Mar 25, 2008
@jenju

What is the cause of the sadism displayed in your statement above? Whatever is responsible for your reaction can be cured as follows: email me at tikola70@hotmail.com and I'll provide you with an opportunity to sell one or two cars and make cool commission.

@ jenju
i just cant help but comment on your statement to lungwum, you think there is sadism in his statement, i do not think so, for the start i cannot understand why you two have decided to post the step by step update of your transaction with your so called friend fotodaddy. and strangely you seem to ask lungwum to write to your e-mail, i never thought you have one, if you do you should have given it to fotodaddy to write to instead of posting this on the forum.
whats the whole point, i can't get it, should we follow suit and make some deposit. well i am in need of an suv prefarably 2002 model toyota rav4 and i will need to make a deposit straight away of £2000, PLEASE ADVISE ON WHAT TO DO NEXT, YOUR QUICK RESPONSE WILL BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED FEMI
Re: In The Market For A 2005 Look Pathfinder by jenju(m): 12:38pm On Mar 25, 2008
ofans:

@ jenju
i just can't help but comment on your statement to lungwum, you think there is sadism in his statement, i do not think so, for the start i cannot understand why you two have decided to post the step by step update of your transaction with your so called friend fotodaddy. and strangely you seem to ask lungwum to write to your e-mail, i never thought you have one, if you do you should have given it to fotodaddy to write to instead of posting this on the forum.
whats the whole point, i can't get it, should we follow suit and make some deposit. well i am in need of an suv prefarably 2002 model toyota rav4 and i will need to make a deposit straight away of £2000, PLEASE ADVISE ON WHAT TO DO NEXT, YOUR QUICK RESPONSE WILL BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED FEMI

ofans,

Please note that I did not start this thread. The buyer prefered to chronicle the whole transaction here and as I stated earlier,  it does not matter to me. The buyer has my email address and the transaction was not initiated on this thread.  The buyer prefers to do it this way and I will honour his preference.

I also appreciate your sarcasm. Believe me I have no hidden agenda. Just chill and don't sweat the little stuff. You don't have to even read anything on the thread if it bothers you in any way.

For what it is worth, I received 5 inquiries and 1 new order based on interests generated by this particular thread. The potential buyers specifically mentioned this thread when they sent emails to me. While people like you may be offended by the thread, the thread has actually had a positive marketing impact. For that, I say thank you to fotodaddy who initiated the thread.   

Cheers my brother.
tikola70@hotmail.com
Re: In The Market For A 2005 Look Pathfinder by fotodaddy: 5:01pm On Mar 25, 2008
@ofans and lungwun,

Why are you guys on my thread!!!!!! undecided lipsrsealed undecided why dont you start you own. you may call it: keep of fotodaddy's threads!!! angry

If you have nothng to gain from this thread PLEASE dont read!!! There other genuine people out there who might gain something from this thread if you cant. Please dont even try to hijack this thread and turn it into something its not. My reasons for doing this were stated at the begining, even if you obviously ignored them. And all the whil;e, I amnot accountable to any of you. See me see trouble o!!!! shocked

I am not a car dealer or some faceless person that hides behind a login name. Have a look at my profile. How I chose to sell or buy may cars is my business and while your intentions might be noble, you obviously have to work on your communication skills. neither viperman or inspire-m are my role models so dont expect me to copy their style. And if that, to you, means I am better then them, then thats your cup of tea angry

If I decide to open my affairs to the public on nairaland, that is my prerogative. If you would just look before you leap you will be more careful with your comments and insinuations.
Re: In The Market For A 2005 Look Pathfinder by ziontrain: 5:08pm On Mar 25, 2008
Fellow Nairalanders,

Wonders will never cease! Someone decided to make his transaction public for us to make our judgement at the end of it all and others are upset by that act of transparency! This is just unbelieveable.

Fotodaddy, carry on sir and ignore these people who are upset with transparency. What is their own if you decide to make your transaction public?

More vaseline to your elbow my brother. Some of us are watching.
Re: In The Market For A 2005 Look Pathfinder by ofans(m): 6:16pm On Mar 25, 2008
@fotodaddy

im just wondering who the faceless person that hide behind the login name is?
you wont by any chance be refering to jenju
NO OFFENCE
Re: In The Market For A 2005 Look Pathfinder by nkc(m): 6:20pm On Mar 25, 2008
@fotodaddy,

pls do as u pls, i am in support, just dont forget to buzz me up, when u come for pick up, so i can see d beauty.

as for those talking, let em talk, dont worry.

moreover i spoke to jenju earlier today, men, i must say he sounds convincing, how much more u that has seen him live, are u also a biker, hmmm grin
Re: In The Market For A 2005 Look Pathfinder by fotodaddy: 6:27pm On Mar 25, 2008
ofans:

@fotodaddy

im just wondering who the faceless person that hide behind the login name is?
you wont by any chance be refering to jenju
NO OFFENCE

wonder no more; one of the faceless persons is you know who!!! cheesy

And in case it hasnt clicked; YOU grin
Re: In The Market For A 2005 Look Pathfinder by lungwun(m): 12:25pm On Mar 26, 2008
touchy, touchy
Okay i quit! before you guys go to babalawo and swear for me.
just felt like letting you guys know that transparency is not always that cool.
so for now i will retire and read on in silence
grin

@ jenju this is my email lungwun@yahoo.com
Re: In The Market For A 2005 Look Pathfinder by waoosa(m): 12:38pm On Mar 26, 2008
Guys, Leave these guys alone.

Fotodaddy & Jenju, I am watching too.
Re: In The Market For A 2005 Look Pathfinder by fotodaddy: 4:04pm On Mar 26, 2008
lungwun:

transparency is not always that cool.

Na wah oh!!! undecided
Re: In The Market For A 2005 Look Pathfinder by fotodaddy: 4:55pm On Mar 29, 2008
UPDATE 2 cheesy
Jenju was at the auctions yesterday and I am happy to say that he got me a Pathfinder LE with all the effizzy that can be imagined (The LE is the top of the range model grin). Jenju will post a few pictures of the car here as well as give us the options the car has. Its maroon in color and I must say that Jenju broke everything down to me, giving me every detail of the purchase. Including his commission!! And I will say that I am satisfied. I will be sending Jenju about 30% of the difference on the payment of the car (meaning I would have paid 80% and finish up the payment as soon as we have a confirmation of the ETD of the car.

Watch out for the pictures from Jenju here.
Re: In The Market For A 2005 Look Pathfinder by jenju(m): 10:11pm On Mar 29, 2008
Fotodaddy,

Your beautiful car is ready to be shipped to you. My freight forwarders are currently checking on shipping schedule  after which booking decision will be made. I'll try to get the car to you at the earliest possible time.  I will keep you informed every step of the way.  I am working on uploading pictures.

The car is a 2005 Pathfinder LE with 30,400 miles.  All the features are too numerous to enumerate, here are a few:

[list]
[li]TV/DVD included[/li]
[li]Driver Air Bag[/li]
[li]Passenger Air Bag[/li]
[li]Passenger Air Bag On/Off Switch[/li]
[li]Side Air Bag, Side Head Air Bag, Rear Head Air Bag[/li]
[li]Climate Control, Dual Zone A/C, Rear A/C, Alarm, AM/FM Stereo, CD Changer, CD Player, 4-Wheel ABS[/li]
[li]4-Wheel Disc Brakes, Locking Rear Differential, Four Wheel Drive, Auto-On Headlights, Keyless Entry[/li]
[li]Power Door Locks, Power Tilt/Sliding Sunroof, Running Boards, Additional Rear Seat, Power Driver Seat[/li]
[li]Power Passenger Seat, Pass-Through Rear Seat, Leather Seats, Bucket Seats, Adjustable Steering Wheel[/li]
[li]Power Windows, Intermittent Wipers, Sun/Moon Roof, Premium Sound System, Mp3 Player, Fog Lamps[/li][li]Power Passenger Mirror, Heated Exterior Driver Mirror, Heated Exterior Passenger Mirror[/li]
[li]Heated Driver Seat, Heated Passenger Seat, Privacy Glass, Variable Speed Intermittent Wipers[/li]
[li]Steering Wheel Controls, Auxiliary Pwr Outlet, Vehicle Anti-Theft System, Auto-Off Headlights, Luggage Rack[/li]
[li].[/li]
[li].[/li]
[li].[/li]
[li].[/li]
[li]etc[/li]
[li]etc[/li]
[li]etc[/li]
[li]etc[/li]
[/list]
Re: In The Market For A 2005 Look Pathfinder by jenju(m): 10:17pm On Mar 29, 2008
Some pictures follow:

Re: In The Market For A 2005 Look Pathfinder by jenju(m): 10:18pm On Mar 29, 2008
More:

Re: In The Market For A 2005 Look Pathfinder by jenju(m): 10:25pm On Mar 29, 2008
More:

Re: In The Market For A 2005 Look Pathfinder by jenju(m): 10:49pm On Mar 29, 2008
Bose Premier sound system. Electronics gadgetery gallore!

Re: In The Market For A 2005 Look Pathfinder by jenju(m): 10:50pm On Mar 29, 2008
More

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

2005 Honda Accord Ex Toks Clean Bill Eod / Super Clean 2005 Tokunbo Nissan Pathfinder SE / 2007-2016 German S-class Mercedes-Benz (4d Chairmen) S350/S500/S550/S63 AMG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.