Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

Is Wearing Western Clothing Forsaking Your Culture? - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Is Wearing Western Clothing Forsaking Your Culture? (8685 Views)

Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic / What Is Female Beauty In Your Culture / What Do You Hate About Your Culture? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Wearing Western Clothing Forsaking Your Culture? by Nobody: 10:54am On Mar 04, 2013
what's ur business if albino dey bleach, is it a crime to become transparent?
Re: Is Wearing Western Clothing Forsaking Your Culture? by navygrl: 3:15am On Mar 05, 2013
Somehow I think if I went back to Nigeria and wore traditional attire of my heritage I would get the same looks and questions. One should have pride in their heritage and in the fact someone shows and interest in it. To be offended shows nothing more than arrogance and a ego problem
Re: Is Wearing Western Clothing Forsaking Your Culture? by LausDeo(m): 9:18am On Mar 05, 2013
ighoosagie:
Christianity has been in African since d begining, u remember how d children of isreal were in Egypt for 430yrs.
and wat makes u tink d children of isreal den were christians?
Re: Is Wearing Western Clothing Forsaking Your Culture? by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:25pm On Mar 05, 2013
LausDeo: and wat makes u tink d children of isreal den were christians?

The Early Israelites were Pagan worshippers of Baal and other Semitic Gods.

1 Like

Re: Is Wearing Western Clothing Forsaking Your Culture? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Mar 05, 2013
And the point of your post is? Is it for us to change our accent, because YOU think its wrong? If it is, then im sorry to say but you are dumber than a rock. It can't possibly get dumber than this (well only on nairaland.)

Pronouncing church as shursh has absolutely nothing to do with accent but tells more of a ridiculous educational background.
The only person that can be excused from such is if he hasn't seen the four walls of a Nigerian school.
If at all he has seen, then shame on him and all the teachers that tutored him.
Most of our parents didn't even graduate from universities but have a better command of English that the so-called graduates churned out today.
People like Wole Soyinka have their Nigerian accent but pronounce their words well. Does he have two tongues, hence the reason he speaks well?
Re: Is Wearing Western Clothing Forsaking Your Culture? by MrsChima(f): 7:00pm On Mar 05, 2013
Now having different accents forsaking your culture?

Lawd!
Re: Is Wearing Western Clothing Forsaking Your Culture? by tpia5: 12:13am On Mar 06, 2013
i can only blame all this on joblessness.

somebody who is legitimately employed, wont be having time for these.
Re: Is Wearing Western Clothing Forsaking Your Culture? by Freiburger(m): 8:25am On Mar 06, 2013
tpia@:
i can only blame all this on joblessness.

somebody who is legitimately employed, wont be having time for these.
Stop passing judgements on people because they 've got enough time to make their posts. Posting is what most people here hate doing just because hypocrites like your type will always come out here and oppose them. Why not let people express their opinion rather that attacking their personal life? And you think you are helping this site by attacking people. undecided
Re: Is Wearing Western Clothing Forsaking Your Culture? by Nobody: 11:41pm On Mar 06, 2013
jantavanta:

Africa is histori-theologically central to the evolution of Judaism, Judeo-Christianity, and Islam.
IS-RA-EL Isis(egyptian goddess) Ra(egyptian sun god like Anyanwu) El(canaanite god).

The Ancient Egyptian deity Aten, imposed by Pharaoh Akhenaten (template for biblical Moses), evolved to Adonai.

Amen(similar to Olodumare), which was temporarily suppressed by Akhenaten in favor of Aten, has become the prayer termination Amen/Amin.

The original Hebrews are simply Africans who left Egypt due to a theological issue.
Where are your sources,please?
Re: Is Wearing Western Clothing Forsaking Your Culture? by tpia5: 5:26pm On Nov 15, 2013
oh well, if the US is opening its borders to every semi-illiterate tom, dick and harry, who am I to complain.

there must be a reason.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Spiritual Meanings Of Alligator Pepper / What Language Is Spoken Often In Your Family? / Nigerian King With The Most Beautiful Palace In Africa Turns 91(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.