Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,267 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

African Parent Cathchphrases & Punishment - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / African Parent Cathchphrases & Punishment (2443 Views)

Husband Rejecting The Wife's Food. Immaturity Or Punishment For D Wife / Punishment For My Wife / Punishment You Hated As A Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

African Parent Cathchphrases & Punishment by sweetberry(f): 6:28pm On Mar 19, 2008
i was checking a group on facebook which brought back so many memories !!!!!! some of the common catchphrases parent use to use for the kids, pls share yours
let me start

I gave birth to you, i will kill you and go scott free, useless child!

I'm talking you're talking how many talkers are their in this talking conversations

I was always on top of my class

why none of you got my quality

You will not kill me shoti gbo, I did not kill my mother so you will not kill me, MY GOD will not allow you to kill me!
Re: African Parent Cathchphrases & Punishment by tRoOE(f): 6:50pm On Mar 19, 2008
One phrase i dislike when my mom uses to use it

(Momo) I didn't talk to my own parents like that, and don't forget your own children will do the same
Re: African Parent Cathchphrases & Punishment by Nobody: 11:14pm On Mar 19, 2008
wow, poster. . . .the worst my mom ever told me was embarassed
"why can't you be patient, you rush things too much."
" you're too stubborn, ask anyone, i was never like that when i was your age"
" i am your mother, anything i say goes"
"dnt argue with me, i know what am talking about. "
"i told you, didn't i? you just dnt listen. i know what i say when i say them"
Re: African Parent Cathchphrases & Punishment by ifyalways(f): 11:22pm On Mar 19, 2008
. . . . memories cheesy
my mums worst lines for me has been :
"No sinner shall go unpunished" embarassed it makes me fell so bad and erhm. . . .afraid.
"i am telling you now,am doing my part" scaryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too
"ukpana okpoko gburu,nti chiri ya" embarassed embarassed embarassed one heavy igbo proverb sha.

For punishments its always been this:
copy psalm 119 thrice cry
Re: African Parent Cathchphrases & Punishment by Nobody: 11:24pm On Mar 19, 2008
My mom would go like this

I hate this one in particular--

Can't you use you number 6? (brains) grin  angry

Anybody that says I did not train you well, thunder will fire you and the person grin

Don't want to use my real name but she would go like this
(name) I told you not to do this and you did it
(name) Did I ever tell you I wanted fresh bitter leaf, I remeber telling you to get me Ugu
Re: African Parent Cathchphrases & Punishment by mukina2: 11:25pm On Mar 19, 2008

wow, poster. . . .the worst my mom ever told me was embarassed
"why can't you be patient, you rush things too much."
" you're too stubborn, ask anyone, i was never like that when i was your age"
" i am your mother, anything i say goes"
"dnt argue with me, i know what am talking about. "
"i told you, didn't i? you just dnt listen. i know what i say when i say them"

girl you took this right out of my keyboard embarassed

also
when were you born? embarassed to put me firmly in my place
when you do things remember you'll have kids someday embarassed
Re: African Parent Cathchphrases & Punishment by Nobody: 11:26pm On Mar 19, 2008
mukina2:

girl you took this right out of my keyboard embarassed

also
when were you born? embarassed to put me firmly in my place
when you do things remember you'll have kids someday embarassed

LOL. . . my mom is too superstitious, she does not talk about my kids to get back at me. . .the worst she ever said was. . . "I hope your kids are not stubborn like you because its not heredity" see this woman wey dey talk, she's more stubborn than me embarassed

but my mom scares me sometimes with stories of what happens when you dnt listen to your mother. . . man, i know i should not believe, but she's a good story teller, so i rarely misbehave embarassed
Re: African Parent Cathchphrases & Punishment by mukina2: 11:32pm On Mar 19, 2008
morenike09:

LOL. . . my mom is too superstitious, she does not talk about my kids to get back at me. . .the worst she ever said was. . . "I hope your kids are not stubborn like you because its not heredity" see this woman wey dey talk, she's more stubborn than me embarassed

me i was a rebel embarassed sometimes eh embarassed so when she says that i start behaving well well . dnt want no kid of mine to do that to me embarassed
Re: African Parent Cathchphrases & Punishment by HRhotness(f): 11:35pm On Mar 19, 2008
Anybody that says I did not train you well, thunder will fire you and the person

lol, thats hilarious

My mums a big softy so when i gets angry she gets brutal just to make a point

her favorite was

"as long as u live under my roof u will do as i say" ( i tried running away a number of times but i had no where to go  cheesy)
"u devil child, i will beat the evil out of u" or "i will beat the uselessness out of u" (depending on how bad i was and then she'd proceed to whoop my ass)

LOL, those were the days
Re: African Parent Cathchphrases & Punishment by Gamine(f): 11:46pm On Mar 19, 2008
My mum hardly said such lines.

YOU DONT HAVE ANOTHER MOTHER!!!!!!

was her favorite.

Then she'd just use anything in her reach to beat you.
Cane
Bottle
pot
keg
shoe
that thing they use for turning eba/amala/semo cheesy
e.t.c
Re: African Parent Cathchphrases & Punishment by HRhotness(f): 12:02am On Mar 20, 2008
LOL

my mums weapon was whatever shoe she was wearing,
Re: African Parent Cathchphrases & Punishment by Nobody: 12:05am On Mar 20, 2008
@Gamine
bottle ke? shocked shocked my mom use whips, if she can't find one, she makes me go and look for one cry cry
Re: African Parent Cathchphrases & Punishment by bigfather(m): 12:08am On Mar 20, 2008
Mothers can be very funny atimes grin grin grin,my father hardly ever complains.
My mum usually goes;
Omo ti o ba so pe iya ohun o ni sun,omo na gan o ni fi oju kan oru n ! undecided
Meaning : A child that says his mother will not sleep,the child will definately not sleep too !
And another annoying part is that she compares me with the neigbour's children,saying those ones are far more better than i am,meeennnn that statement really got me so crazy angrythen but thank God she is really enjoying the fruit of her labour. No more odd statement ! grin grin
Re: African Parent Cathchphrases & Punishment by Nobody: 12:10am On Mar 20, 2008
My mom when she got angry would say

These children,you people won't kill me.

God will not allow me to utter any bad word

I won't say your kids should treat you the way you've treated me  yet she said it

I'm not training you so I can eat you , it is for you to be useful to yourself

then the one I hated the most,since I was a tomboy growing up,loved to climb trees and play ball with the boys

don't you know you're a girl,what do you call those things growing on your chest

the above made me maaaaaaaaaaaaaad
Re: African Parent Cathchphrases & Punishment by Dreloaded(f): 12:14am On Mar 20, 2008
It's either you bend or you break grin

big father:

Mo
Omo ti o ba so pe iya ohun o ni sun,omo na gan o ni fi oju kan oru n ! undecided
Meaning : A child that says his mother will not sleep,the child will definately not sleep too !

My brother gets this all the time.
Re: African Parent Cathchphrases & Punishment by Nobody: 12:14am On Mar 20, 2008
and another one she meant as an "abuse" which I loved was.

You're always arguing , exactly like your father
Re: African Parent Cathchphrases & Punishment by Nobody: 12:16am On Mar 20, 2008
then my dad's favorite which was usually to the boys.

You people are useless
anuofia
Re: African Parent Cathchphrases & Punishment by Nobody: 12:16am On Mar 20, 2008
nwando:

You're always arguing , exactly like your father
lol. . .i seriously hate when my mom tells me this " You'll not continue to be as stubborn and disobedient as your father, as long as i am your mother" and "If i slap you, you will meet Jesus and come back to earth"
Re: African Parent Cathchphrases & Punishment by mukina2: 12:18am On Mar 20, 2008
morenike09:

@Gamine
bottle ke? shocked shocked my mom use whips, if she can't find one, she makes me go and look for one cry cry

my grandmother's favourite game . sending me to go find the whip grin i would go happily not knowing its for me grin
Re: African Parent Cathchphrases & Punishment by Nobody: 12:20am On Mar 20, 2008
My maternal grandma's favorite

may your stomach migrate into the position of your nose

that one scared me

My paternal grandma would say

May you die of bloody diarrhoea

me grandmas had bad mouth
Re: African Parent Cathchphrases & Punishment by 4Him(m): 12:26am On Mar 20, 2008
My mom: You see, normal children . . . that was the signal to start yawning
. . . that is what we are saying.
. . . a normal child.
. . . if you like break your head on the wall.
. . . When we were your age.
. . . If i catch you ehn

My dad: When your friends see the scratches on your body they will know a lion lives in this house.
. . . quickly, quickly.
. . . You'll see what i'll do for you this night.
Re: African Parent Cathchphrases & Punishment by Nobody: 12:54am On Mar 20, 2008
rotflmao. . . grin @ the lion part
Re: African Parent Cathchphrases & Punishment by Nobody: 1:00am On Mar 20, 2008
morenike09:

rotflmao. . . grin @ the lion part

that line is too much.
love it.

Anybody that says I did not train you well, thunder will fire you and the person

The above from stillwater is still cracking me up
I think most mothers used thunder in one way or another but this one is not just for the child but for any one that questions her motherly skills
2 in 1 thunder ROFL
Re: African Parent Cathchphrases & Punishment by Gamine(f): 2:06am On Mar 20, 2008
My mum used to teach , so she had canesss cheesy
i think they distributed them at her school

if she sent us to get , we wld not return cheesy
besides she didnt hv dat tym.

My dad never spoke harshly to us, the highest thing he did to me
when i stayed out very late at a friends was to write on two fullscap sheets
"i will never stay out late again" grin

one of my most memorable punishments was to drink 10 bottles of water!
one wikid aunty like dat, cnt remember what i did! cheesy
Re: African Parent Cathchphrases & Punishment by sweetberry(f): 8:20am On Mar 20, 2008
funny that i can relate to some of the post!!!!!!

oh my daddy when we have done something bad he always say "go and choose your belt" and we tend to choose the medium one cos if you choose the small one he will go and choose the biggest of all

my mum never beats you suddenly apart from slaps, what my mum says is i will beat you this evening, oh the mental toture!!! i won't be able to eat, play or whatever all i will be thinking about is the beating i will be getting that night

when my mummy is really angry she tends to end all her sentences with "nonsence and ingredient"
Re: African Parent Cathchphrases & Punishment by sweetberry(f): 9:32am On Mar 20, 2008
i have a younger brother (16 years)
anytime i go home they always arguing

bro: If you touch me I'll call social services
Dad: If you call them, I'll beat them, then I'll beat YOU!

& my favorite
Mark this day on your calender you were reborn!!!!!
Re: African Parent Cathchphrases & Punishment by Scopium: 9:59am On Mar 20, 2008
sweetberry:

i have a younger brother (16 years)
anytime i go home they always arguing

bro: If you touch me I'll call social services
Dad: If you call them, I'll beat them, then I'll beat YOU!

& my favorite
Mark this day on your calender you were reborn!!!!!

[size=13pt]That's real funny. Let your bro come to Naija and call social service.[/size]
Re: African Parent Cathchphrases & Punishment by Scopium: 10:15am On Mar 20, 2008
[size=13pt]There was a certain time my parents thought I've gone BADDER than I really was when I was in the boarding school and that annoyed me. They accused me of things I never even imagined. They said if I don't listen to them I'll grow up useless. My mum will always say
When you walk in the street people will point at you and say 'see that useless child'.
One day I was so pissed and my mum said that again and I retorted
When you walk in the street people will point at you and say 'see the mother of that useless child'.
She was so shocked. From that day she stopped saying that. And I felt very bad. I planned for eternity on how to apologise but couldn't do it. That's like 10 years now and I didn't grow up useless!
[/size]
Re: African Parent Cathchphrases & Punishment by Glorya(f): 11:30am On Mar 22, 2008
my mom is the 'i will beat u' type who never gets to doing the beating. The only weapon she has is i will tell your daddy, then come and see begging. All the mummy please and mummy i promise will then come out from our mouths.
Re: African Parent Cathchphrases & Punishment by Nobody: 5:48pm On Mar 22, 2008
Definitely not my mother cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: African Parent Cathchphrases & Punishment by Zandra1(f): 12:56am On Mar 25, 2008
LMGAO @ thread. Lots of funny replies grin.
Re: African Parent Cathchphrases & Punishment by bawomolo(m): 4:09am On Mar 25, 2008
bloody fool
aye le n gbadun

(1) (2) (Reply)

Crazy Brother In Law & My Gullible Sister / Why Are Women Being Marginalised? / Hello Married People Here, Please What Is The Worst Fault A Partner Can Have?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.