Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,105 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:51 PM

Gave My Life To Christ Confused Bout Music - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Gave My Life To Christ Confused Bout Music (816 Views)

Reno Omokri Interviews Lincoln Brewster: I Gave My Life To Christ At 19 / Adeboye, Olukoya, Oyedepo, Oritsajafor, Listen To Christ Warning & Amend Ur Way / Should You Break Up With Your Boyfriend After Giving Your Life To Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gave My Life To Christ Confused Bout Music by daisybee: 8:58am On Mar 02, 2013
Gave my life to Christ living nd walkin in. Spirit I e had to encounters already ..... I'm in a good place but den like all young believers I have questions nd deep down I know d devil always try's to bring me down. In d issue of music I'm a music freak I love jazz music neo- soul and nytin quirky . I gavel life to Christ and I seriously sieved all my music n left a lot of Christian music which I rili enjoy nd den left few inspirational songs expl India arie little things, John mayers " stop this train" etc music with uplifting positive messages. But I hear pastors say all music dat dosnt call God is sinful but I don't believe it. Does it mean I can't watch broadway shows.... My pastor even sed sumtn bout kenny g instrumentals bein I spired by him watchn lesbians.... He sed he read it! I personally don't believe dat we shud believe all we read! But den I ask myself wen I get married cant. I listen to love songs with my husband.... Suddenly I feel like my life is very limited nd I don't want it to be... Wen dey preach against dis I suddenly feel down like I have a problem.... Nd b4 all dis I was living peacefully serving my God but now I'm confused cosi don't believe all music I bad... I know we were created to worship God ..... Deir some inspirational songs I listen to nd it even magnifies God more in my mind even wen his name isn't mentioned ..... Now I find myself living in sin consciousness .... Nd I don't feel lik I'm doin nytin wrong yet dere is always an accusing voice..... I know God wants me to enjoy d good things dat life has to offer.... Yet ppl preach different things nd it makes it so hard for one to discern which is rite.....
Re: Gave My Life To Christ Confused Bout Music by martinseme: 9:26am On Mar 02, 2013
It should console you to know that I and every other brethren are also passing through the same dilemma in many facets of our lives as we walk through the narrow road of righteousness. Sincerely speaking your pastor is right. I also once loved non religious musics and thought it to be a source of joy but after I became born again I trashed all those junks and am left with only gospel. Just as alcohol,drugs,and fashion, worldly music is also a tool of the devil for the destruction of a person's spirituality. Music may appear to be harmless but the spirit which goes with it is to be discerned to avoid dangereous consequences. Just as music is a highest form of worship so also it can be used in demonic manipulations. What ever the source of the music determines the spirit that goes with. Don't worry about giving up on that music , I assure u that just as in own case God will replace it with a more fulfilling joy in Jesus christ. He did so for me that I begin to question what is it I ever once enjoyed in worldly music. It all sound trashy to me now. Gospel music now makes me feel heavenly presence around.
Re: Gave My Life To Christ Confused Bout Music by martinseme: 9:26am On Mar 02, 2013
Above all pray about it all and you will be transformed.
Re: Gave My Life To Christ Confused Bout Music by daisybee: 9:31am On Mar 02, 2013
martinseme: It should console you to know that I and every other brethren are also passing through the same dilemma in many facets of our lives as we walk through the narrow road of righteousness. Sincerely speaking your pastor is right. I also once loved non religious musics and thought it to be a source of joy but after I became born again I trashed all those junks and am left with only gospel. Just as alcohol,drugs,and fashion, worldly music is also a tool of the devil for the destruction of a person's spirituality. Music may appear to be harmless but the spirit which goes with it is to be discerned to avoid dangereous consequences. Just as music is a highest form of worship so also it can be used in demonic manipulations. What ever the source of the music determines the spirit that goes with. Don't worry about giving up on that music , I assure u that just as in own case God will replace it with a more fulfilling joy in Jesus christ. He did so for me that I begin to question what is it I ever once enjoyed in worldly music. It all sound trashy to me now. Gospel music now makes me feel heavenly presence around.
So what of instrumentals.... Jazz music ! Music dat is just plain instrumentals is dat bad too!

1 Like

Re: Gave My Life To Christ Confused Bout Music by martinseme: 9:53am On Mar 02, 2013
The spirit behind the making of any form of music determines the spiritual consequence that accompanies it. Some artists trade their souls to be successful while others unconsciously are possessed by evil spirits to perform captivating music and such musicians fade up once the spirit departs. That explains the sudden rise and fall of famous artists. Any song which doesn't glorify God should be discarded.
Re: Gave My Life To Christ Confused Bout Music by frank317: 12:48pm On Mar 02, 2013
Wow!!! Will pple actually make it to heaven? I mean the rules are too much and confusing, d journy is so tight. To imagin that God will throw you into burning hell to burn forever just for listening to music...

I sometime imagin the great God!!, creator of the universe, all knowing and all powerful God, ever wise, loving, kind and merciful, sitting in heaven and getting angry at a single human listening and enjoying music that does not edify him. Now d almighty gets angry at this and despite d fact that u have given ur life to him, u are good, kind, upright (at least u are trying), he still is angry at u and u are bound to hell!!! Whew, sometimes it makes no sense honestly.

Besides are all gospel music inspired by God? Some are inspired by the love of money... Are we still hell bound if we listen to them?

Why is christianity so complicated and sounds more like a bondage? I am getting sick.

1 Like

Re: Gave My Life To Christ Confused Bout Music by achinaboy(m): 2:12pm On Mar 02, 2013
daisybee: Gave my life to Christ living nd walkin in. Spirit I e had to encounters already ..... I'm in a good place but den like all young believers I have questions nd deep down I know d devil always try's to bring me down. In d issue of music I'm a music freak I love jazz music neo- soul and nytin quirky . I gavel life to Christ and I seriously sieved all my music n left a lot of Christian music which I rili enjoy nd den left few inspirational songs expl India arie little things, John mayers " stop this train" etc music with uplifting positive messages. But I hear pastors say all music dat dosnt call God is sinful but I don't believe it. Does it mean I can't watch broadway shows.... My pastor even sed sumtn bout kenny g instrumentals bein I spired by him watchn lesbians.... He sed he read it! I personally don't believe dat we shud believe all we read! But den I ask myself wen I get married cant. I listen to love songs with my husband.... Suddenly I feel like my life is very limited nd I don't want it to be... Wen dey preach against dis I suddenly feel down like I have a problem.... Nd b4 all dis I was living peacefully serving my God but now I'm confused cosi don't believe all music I bad... I know we were created to worship God ..... Deir some inspirational songs I listen to nd it even magnifies God more in my mind even wen his name isn't mentioned ..... Now I find myself living in sin consciousness .... Nd I don't feel lik I'm doin nytin wrong yet dere is always an accusing voice..... I know God wants me to enjoy d good things dat life has to offer.... Yet ppl preach different things nd it makes it so hard for one to discern which is rite.....
the issue of religion and self ritghteousness, is of human,,the people that preaches againt these things,go back to their private lives and do unspeachable thing,giving ur life to christ shud be b/ween u and christ not b/ween u and man and what they say with dia dirty mouths,,just enjoy ur life to the best of ur ability,and still enjoy christ
Re: Gave My Life To Christ Confused Bout Music by Candour(m): 4:34pm On Mar 02, 2013
daisybee: Gave my life to Christ living nd walkin in. Spirit I e had to encounters already ..... I'm in a good place but den like all young believers I have questions nd deep down I know d devil always try's to bring me down. In d issue of music I'm a music freak I love jazz music neo- soul and nytin quirky . I gavel life to Christ and I seriously sieved all my music n left a lot of Christian music which I rili enjoy nd den left few inspirational songs expl India arie little things, John mayers " stop this train" etc music with uplifting positive messages. But I hear pastors say all music dat dosnt call God is sinful but I don't believe it. Does it mean I can't watch broadway shows.... My pastor even sed sumtn bout kenny g instrumentals bein I spired by him watchn lesbians.... He sed he read it! I personally don't believe dat we shud believe all we read! But den I ask myself wen I get married cant. I listen to love songs with my husband.... Suddenly I feel like my life is very limited nd I don't want it to be... Wen dey preach against dis I suddenly feel down like I have a problem.... Nd b4 all dis I was living peacefully serving my God but now I'm confused cosi don't believe all music I bad... I know we were created to worship God ..... Deir some inspirational songs I listen to nd it even magnifies God more in my mind even wen his name isn't mentioned ..... Now I find myself living in sin consciousness .... Nd I don't feel lik I'm doin nytin wrong yet dere is always an accusing voice..... I know God wants me to enjoy d good things dat life has to offer.... Yet ppl preach different things nd it makes it so hard for one to discern which is rite.....

My dear sister, as Christians, we have no dogma to follow.Rom 8:14 said for as many as are led by the spirit of God,they are the sons(daughters) of God.We are saved by grace,our salvation is a gift and that gift if truly we have believed it and received it wholeheartedly,will make us do things that are wholesome and show love for God.

The fact that a particular music doesn't refer to God doesn't make it unwholesome.If we have to follow that logic,then your blackberry or Iphone defiles you because it was most likely made by an atheist.Then your japanese car too is anathema as it was made by an adherent of shinto religion(possibly) or an atheist.In fact check thru your house and count how many items are made by christians,there must be very few.

Now if a song for instance promotes ganga smoking & drug taking(injurious to your health),bestiality or violence(injurious to others) etc,you should immediately know it can't glorify God hence kill the appetite for it.

The bible says do everything to the glory of God.let this thought guide you and peace of mind shall be yours.

God bless you plenty

2 Likes

Re: Gave My Life To Christ Confused Bout Music by Nobody: 4:35pm On Mar 02, 2013
Candour:

My dear sister, as Christians, we have no dogma to follow.Rom 8:14 said for as many as are led by the spirit of God,they are the sons(daughters) of God.We are saved by grace,our salvation is a gift and that gift if truly we have believed it and received it wholeheartedly,will make us do things that are wholesome and show love for God.

The fact that a particular music doesn't refer to God doesn't make it unwholesome.If we have to follow that logic,then your blackberry or Iphone defiles you because it was most likely made by an atheist.Then your japanese car too is anathema as it was made by an adherent of shinto religion(possibly) or an atheist.In fact check thru your house and count how many items are made by christians,there must be very few.

Now if a song for instance promotes ganga smoking & drug taking(injurious to your health),bestiality or violence(injurious to others) etc,you should immediately know it can't glorify God hence kill the appetite for it.

The bible says do everything to the glory of God.let this thought guide you and peace of mind shall be yours.

God bless you plenty

Thank You
Re: Gave My Life To Christ Confused Bout Music by martinseme: 6:47pm On Mar 02, 2013
Ask satan what he thinks about sin he will tell do them all for u have but one life to live and u die u shall share his hell kingdom with him. The road to heaven is very narrow and only a few shall find and have the grace to endure to the end. Carrying your cross was never said would be fun.
Re: Gave My Life To Christ Confused Bout Music by achinaboy(m): 7:09pm On Mar 02, 2013
Candour:

God bless you plenty
guy if you open church in future,write me in your member`s book,am in,you have explained it all for people that wants to listen,,these days people prefers to listen to socalled assistant jesuses instead of using there brain cool
Re: Gave My Life To Christ Confused Bout Music by Candour(m): 8:38am On Mar 03, 2013
achina boy:
guy if you open church in future,write me in your member`s book,am in,you have explained it all for people that wants to listen,,these days people prefers to listen to socalled assistant jesuses instead of using there brain cool

grin

Hmm......@achina boy.no go there o.I think there is something about forming a 'church' that immediately makes the founders see themselves as God's viceroys or regents and hence start lording or controlling the lives of God's children.The solution is not in opening a new church but in getting Christians to start studying their bibles more like the bereans in Acts 17:11.

Paul said in 2 Cor 1:24 ''Not for that we have dominion over your faith,but are helpers of your joy:for by FAITH ye stand.

No amount of works can save a Christian or make him favoured before God and surely blind and stupid loyalty to an MOG will not do either.everything is by his grace and that is what we have to internalise.

may God help us
Re: Gave My Life To Christ Confused Bout Music by GraceBestowed(f): 1:59pm On Mar 03, 2013
I was worrying about the OP, and wanted to respond till I saw Candour's post, took the words right out of my mouth!

OP, I am so happy that you've caused Heaven to rejoice by giving your life to Jesus, and getting eternal peace!! His grace will keep you till the end! Amen!!

xx
Re: Gave My Life To Christ Confused Bout Music by LordReed(m): 6:20am On Mar 04, 2013
@daisybee

Lemme give you a piece of practical advice. I have used this when I was still young in faith and I still do it now. Do what I will call a "music fast". For certain periods of time don't listen to "worldly" music and use the time to pray and seek the face of the Lord. This helped me greatly to develop my faith and build a relationship with the Holy Spirit. That is the essence of any abstinence you want to practice. Now just like a regular fast you do this in definite time periods like for 1 day or 3 days, depends on how far you want to go. Do not allow anyone to pressure you into commitments you can't keep, our Lord is not a task master.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Gave My Life To Christ Confused Bout Music by Yvete(f): 6:40am On Mar 04, 2013
@ Daisybee:
I can relate to your post. I get a guilt feeling whenever I conclude a fast and prayer session, and I decide to listen to "worldly music" maybe a couple days after. Whew! Feed your soul with good music when you can.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers / Why Do Pentecostal Churches Do Not Publish A Statement Of Faith / What Happens When One Dies Without Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.