Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

Cardinal Sodano Summons Cardinals To Rome - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cardinal Sodano Summons Cardinals To Rome (15837 Views)

Buhari’s Ministerial List Shows That He Belongs To Somebody – Cardinal Okogie / Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals / DIVINE PROPHECIES AT GOD CARDINALS MINISTRY (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cardinal Sodano Summons Cardinals To Rome by Ubenedictus(m): 10:01am On Mar 02, 2013
On the first day of Sede Vacante, Cardinal Angelo Sodano, Dean of the College of Cardinals, has sent out a letter summoning the cardinals to the first General Congregation, which will begin on Monday, March 4th at the Synod of Bishops Hall. A second General Congregation will take place in the afternoon.

In conformity with the Apostolic Constitution Universi Dominici Gregis, the General Congregations are held prior to the beginning of the conclave. The constitution states that “all cardinals who are not legitimately impeded must attend the General Congregations, once they have been informed of the vacancy of the Apostolic See.”

Citing no. 19 of the Apostolic Constitution, Cardinal Sodano stated that as Dean of the College of Cardinals, he is performing his duty to communicate officially to "the news of the vacancy of the Apostolic See due to the resignation presented by Pope Benedict XVI, and effective since yesterday evening, February 28, at 8:00 pm in Rome.”

The Dean of the College of Cardinals went on to inform the Cardinals of the date, place and time of the first congregation on Monday.

“The General Congregations will then continue regularly, until the complete number of Cardinal electors has been reached and the College of Cardinals then decides the date of entrance into Conclave of those Cardinal electors as prescribed by the recent Motu Proprio of this past 22 February concerning some changes to the rules regarding the election of the Roman Pontiff,” the letter continued.

During a press briefing today, Jesuit Father Federico Lombardi, director of the Holy See Press Office, said that there is no information yet as to how many cardinals are present in Rome at the moment because many are still arriving. Fr. Lombardi also stated that it is highly unlikely that a date on the start of the conclave will be announced after Monday’s meetings.

full text of Cardinal Sodano's letter
Lord Cardinal,

Analogously to what is prescribed by the Apostolic Constitution "Universi dominici gregis" of February 22, 1996 at no. 19, for the case of death of the Sovereign Pontiff, I perform my duty to communicate officially to Your Eminence the news of the vacancy of the Apostolic See due to the resignation presented by Pope Benedict XVI, and effective since yesterday evening, February 28, at 8:00 pm in Rome.

In communicating the foregoing, I fulfill my duty to convoke Your Eminence to the first of the General Congregations of the College of Cardinals, to be held Monday, March 4 at 9:30 am in Paul VI Hall, in the room of the Synod of Bishops.

The General Congregations will then continue regularly, until the complete number of Cardinal electors has been reached and the College of Cardinals then decides the date of entrance into Conclave of those Cardinal electors as prescribed by the recent Motu Proprio of this past 22 February concerning some changes to the rules regarding the election of the Roman Pontiff.

For my part I am pleased to take this opportunity to extend my fraternal greetings.

Cordially in Domino,

+ Angelo Card. Sodano

http://www.zenit.org/en/articles/cardinal-sodano-s-letter-to-cardinals

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Sodano Summons Cardinals To Rome by Nobody: 10:25am On Mar 02, 2013
Journey mercies to every one of them traveling!

18 Likes

Re: Cardinal Sodano Summons Cardinals To Rome by Ubenedictus(m): 10:26am On Mar 02, 2013
striktlymi: Journey mercies to every one of them traveling!
amen

5 Likes

Re: Cardinal Sodano Summons Cardinals To Rome by IKO1(m): 11:24am On Mar 02, 2013
when will the eletion begin?
Re: Cardinal Sodano Summons Cardinals To Rome by Ubenedictus(m): 2:22pm On Mar 02, 2013
IKO1:
when will the eletion begin?
they haven't even set d date for the conclave. The congregation begins on monday, when d complete number of cardinal elector have arrived rome then they will set the date for conclave.
Re: Cardinal Sodano Summons Cardinals To Rome by IKO1(m): 6:16pm On Mar 02, 2013
Ubenedictus: they haven't even set d date for the conclave. The congregation begins on monday, when d complete number of cardinal elector have arrived rome then they will set the date for conclave.
tank u my dear may God continu to give more wisdom to defend the mother church

3 Likes

Re: Cardinal Sodano Summons Cardinals To Rome by Ubenedictus(m): 6:26pm On Mar 02, 2013
IKO1:
tank u my dear may God continu to give more wisdom to defend the mother church
amen and you too.
Re: Cardinal Sodano Summons Cardinals To Rome by tpia5: 12:17am On Mar 03, 2013
this particular election is too high profile and too much in the public eye [a bit more than previous elections].

i think the cardinals may be under some pressure at this time.
Re: Cardinal Sodano Summons Cardinals To Rome by Ubenedictus(m): 1:55am On Mar 03, 2013
tpia@:
this particular election is too high profile and too much in the public eye [a bit more than previous elections].

i think the cardinals may be under some pressure at this time.

inasmuch nobody is forcing anybody down the cardinals throat, d pressure is just ok.

4 Likes

Re: Cardinal Sodano Summons Cardinals To Rome by Ubenedictus(m): 1:57am On Mar 03, 2013
frosbel:
There is ONLY one Church and ONE Head , The Body of Christ and the Lord Jesus who is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords as it's HEAD.
amen!!
Re: Cardinal Sodano Summons Cardinals To Rome by Nobody: 3:34am On Mar 03, 2013
Conclave time!

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Sodano Summons Cardinals To Rome by gunpoint(m): 3:39am On Mar 03, 2013
Can I throw my hat in the ring to be elected Pope too? undecided
Re: Cardinal Sodano Summons Cardinals To Rome by Nobody: 3:52am On Mar 03, 2013
Heehehe, proof that christians don't need atheists to derail christian threads..

Enjoy yourselves, thou confused children and followers of one christ.

Mother church ko, foster church ni...
Re: Cardinal Sodano Summons Cardinals To Rome by free2ryhme: 3:53am On Mar 03, 2013
Jesus I know .. please who is the pope again
Re: Cardinal Sodano Summons Cardinals To Rome by heisenberg33: 4:46am On Mar 03, 2013
Kamsy10: Don't mind them, Mother church my FOOT.

There is ONLY one Church and ONE Head , The Body of Christ and the Lord Jesus who is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords as it's HEAD.

[b][/b]
catholic church remains the mother church with Christ as her head. A bitter truth you just have to live with.
Glory to Jesus!!

Honor to Mary

27 Likes

Re: Cardinal Sodano Summons Cardinals To Rome by chibaba1m: 4:54am On Mar 03, 2013
As they re coming together I pray God shud give dem wisdom n strenght and remove gay spirit among dem IJN

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Sodano Summons Cardinals To Rome by hardeihorlar(f): 5:09am On Mar 03, 2013

[b][/b]

catholic church remains the mother church with Christ as her head. A bitter truth you just have to live with.
Let the will of God be done in this election.
Glory to Jesus!!
Honour to Mary my brother

11 Likes

Re: Cardinal Sodano Summons Cardinals To Rome by silibaba: 5:11am On Mar 03, 2013
words kiss kiss
Kamsy10:

No matter how you feel about it. It doesn't change the fact the it is the mother church.
People like me that didn't grow up in Lagos, Abuja or Portharcourt would not have bn priviledged to hear the gospel at all cos your new millenium pastor is only planting his church all over the cities and outside the nigeria for obvious reasons. Little do I wonder why private jets are a huge necessity in the midst of poverty stricken masses that feed on less than 2dollars a day.
There will be so many surprises on the last day. That's one thing am sure of

12 Likes

Re: Cardinal Sodano Summons Cardinals To Rome by silibaba: 5:12am On Mar 03, 2013
amen cool

[b][/b]

Let the will of God be done in this election.
Glory to Jesus!!

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Sodano Summons Cardinals To Rome by silibaba: 5:15am On Mar 03, 2013
wich time catholic become anglican wey dey gay.

my friend shawap there b4 i conc u grin
chibaba1m: As they re coming together I pray God shud give dem wisdom n strenght and remove gay spirit among dem IJN

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dreams: What Are The Implications Of Not Dreaming Or Remembering Your Dreams? / Man Treks For 7-Days From Abuja To See Apostle Suleman In Edo State / Is It Right To Pray For Your Enemies To Die.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.