Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

How To Choose An Internet Service Provider (ISP) - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / How To Choose An Internet Service Provider (ISP) (626 Views)

Do You Have Problem With Your Internet Or You Want To Change Your ISP? / Most Affordable Highspeed Internet Service In Nigeria (Unlimited plan now N1,000 / Good Better Best Internet Service Provider (isp) In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Choose An Internet Service Provider (ISP) by hakon: 3:53pm On Mar 02, 2013
1. Look for the total cost over the whole contract
Pay attention to the information and prices next to the asterisks (often at the bottom of the ad) to find out the total cost you will be paying over the whole contract. Don’t be distracted by headline prices.

2. Set-up fees
Check what the set-up/installation fee is (you might also need to buy a modem). These fees are often listed separately to the headline price.

3. Time to be connected
How long will it take for your new service to be connected?

4. How much data is included in the plan?
Most plans have data allowances that are measured in gigabytes (GB).

5. Will you be charged extra fees if you go over your data allowance?
Some providers charge “excess use” or “overage” fees if you go over your data allowance. It’s important to check the cost of these fees. Most providers won’t charge you more for exceeding your data allowance, but your internet will be slowed down for the rest of the billing month. If this happens, you can still do the basics like check your email.

6. Monitor how much data you use
To avoid going over your data limit, ask your ISP how to check how much data you’ve used during the month.

7. What is the duration of the contract and what is the cost to cancel it early?
Most contracts are for 12 or 24 months. Some ISPs will require you to pay out the entire remaining contract months if you want to cancel your contract early. Some ISPs offer services on a “no lock-in” or “month-to-month” basis, but you have to pay higher installation and set-up charges.
Re: How To Choose An Internet Service Provider (ISP) by hakon: 9:22am On Mar 03, 2013
smiley
Re: How To Choose An Internet Service Provider (ISP) by jelly456: 11:23am On Nov 14, 2013
Thanks for giving information.
It's very useful to chose my internet service provider,
Now i have better net connection speed.
I confirmed my new internet speed whether it's high or low using Scanmyspeed.com
Re: How To Choose An Internet Service Provider (ISP) by hakon: 12:51pm On Nov 14, 2013
jelly456: Thanks for giving information.
It's very useful to chose my internet service provider,
Now i have better net connection speed.
I confirmed my new internet speed whether it's high or low using Scanmyspeed.com
I am indeed Glad that the information helped you in getting a quality service.
www.timecompushop.com

(1) (Reply)

Brand New Hp Pavilion DV6, intel core i5, 640G/4G for 99k / ******Electrical House Wiring Installation******* / Bold 5 For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.