Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,187 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

Why Do Christian Celebrate Easter When Is Not In Bible? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Christian Celebrate Easter When Is Not In Bible? (3110 Views)

10 Ways Sinners Celebrate Easter- By Tosyne2much / Why Christians Should Not Celebrate Easter- Femi Aribisala / Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Christian Celebrate Easter When Is Not In Bible? by blkmum700: 10:07pm On Mar 19, 2008
why do christian celebrate easter when there is notting like that in bible which bible does the people who celebrate it use?can someone explain this to me
Re: Why Do Christian Celebrate Easter When Is Not In Bible? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Mar 19, 2008
Easter is the celebration of the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ kiss smiley.
Re: Why Do Christian Celebrate Easter When Is Not In Bible? by blkmum700: 10:29pm On Mar 19, 2008
the world easter is not measure there,where do you see your own ?
Re: Why Do Christian Celebrate Easter When Is Not In Bible? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Mar 19, 2008
So we shouldn't acknowledge the fact that Jesus died and rose again as christians?
Re: Why Do Christian Celebrate Easter When Is Not In Bible? by ifyalways(f): 10:42pm On Mar 19, 2008
blkmum700:

the world easter is not measure there,where do you see your own ?
where did you see your own question ?
Christians celebrate Easter cos it is when the lord Jesus defeated the power of death and hades.he paid the price of our sins + urs ,redeemed us,bought us over and now has given us by his resurrection the hope of glory. . . eternal life.
Re: Why Do Christian Celebrate Easter When Is Not In Bible? by blkmum700: 10:43pm On Mar 19, 2008
that doesnt answer what am asking because easter is not measure that place?while does jehova withness dont celebrate it?are they not christian ?
Re: Why Do Christian Celebrate Easter When Is Not In Bible? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Mar 19, 2008
Are you a christian, blkmum700?
Re: Why Do Christian Celebrate Easter When Is Not In Bible? by ifyalways(f): 10:47pm On Mar 19, 2008
am not a Jehovah witness so i don't know if they do or don't. . . you know one? ask him  cool
keep waiting for when it is mentioned or not while others keep striving to have their names written on the lambs book of life.
happy Easter to you in advance.  cool
Re: Why Do Christian Celebrate Easter When Is Not In Bible? by 4Him(m): 10:47pm On Mar 19, 2008
blkmum700:

that doesnt answer what am asking because easter is not measure that place?while does jehova withness don't celebrate it?are they not christian ?

I will also ask you a question, why do you celebrate your birthday? Is it required by law?
Re: Why Do Christian Celebrate Easter When Is Not In Bible? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Mar 19, 2008
Jehova Witness has been known to have differing doctrines, they do not sing the National Anthem, some don't sing hymns, or take blood transfusions, what is your point? I ask again should I not acknowledge the fact that Jesus died and rose on the third day?
Re: Why Do Christian Celebrate Easter When Is Not In Bible? by 4Him(m): 10:52pm On Mar 19, 2008
blkmum700 is perhaps a mus'lim. Only they ask these kind of questions that are more like veiled accusations than a genuine desire to learn.
Re: Why Do Christian Celebrate Easter When Is Not In Bible? by Gamine(f): 11:00pm On Mar 19, 2008
Hmm. Another Bot lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Christian Celebrate Easter When Is Not In Bible? by blkmum700: 11:25pm On Mar 19, 2008
@4him,u need to go and read your bible and understand what they are saying there because u guys have still not confuse me why the Easter is celebrated when is not measure there,i asked a withness and he said they celebrate memoria which is on saturday, because memoria is celebrated when someone died not easterm sorry am not a religion follow but i do belive in God and i follow the scripture of God i dont celebrate birth day because no one celebrate it in the Bible Only two king celebrate it in the Bible and king pharos and one orther king forgoten the name and both of them killed someone on thier birth day so why would i celebrate it when the two people who celebrate it are not believer?i believe those of you celebrating it are not following what the bible says

@Gamine,
you know notting just follow follow

@stillwate, yes he died and rose again memoria should be celebrate for that,how does the world easter comes?
Re: Why Do Christian Celebrate Easter When Is Not In Bible? by Gamine(f): 11:33pm On Mar 19, 2008
Notting?

Yes im a Follow-Follow, i Follow Christ grin

But then again,

You are not very wise, quite close to a fool infact.
Re: Why Do Christian Celebrate Easter When Is Not In Bible? by Nobody: 11:39pm On Mar 19, 2008
blkmum700:

@4him,u need to go and read your bible and understand what they are saying there because u guys have still not confuse me why the Easter is celebrated when is not measure there,i asked a withness and he said they celebrate memoria which is on saturday, because memoria is celebrated when someone died not easterm sorry am not a religion follow but i do believe in God and i follow the scripture of God i don't celebrate birth day because no one celebrate it in the Bible Only two king celebrate it in the Bible and king pharos and one orther king forgoten the name and both of them killed someone on their birth day so why would i celebrate it when the two people who celebrate it are not believer?i believe those of you celebrating it are not following what the bible says

@Gamine,

@stillwate, yes he died and rose again memoria should be celebrate for that,how does the world easter comes?

Is this English or Isoko? lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Christian Celebrate Easter When Is Not In Bible? by ifyalways(f): 11:48pm On Mar 19, 2008
blkmum700:

@4him,u need to go and read your bible and understand what they are saying there because u guys have still not confuse me why the Easter is celebrated when is not measure there,i asked a withness and he said they celebrate memoria which is on saturday, because memoria is celebrated when someone died not easterm sorry am not a religion follow but i do believe in God and i follow the scripture of God i don't celebrate birth day because no one celebrate it in the Bible Only two king celebrate it in the Bible and king pharos and one orther king forgoten the name and both of them killed someone on their birth day so why would i celebrate it when the two people who celebrate it are not believer?i believe those of you celebrating it are not following what the bible says

@Gamine,

rofl
@poster you can chose to call it any name you like,it doesnt matter to me. . . cool
the most important fact remains that Jesus,the ever living saviour died and ressurrected.
he defeated death.he arose after the third day,a feat no other being/spirit is yet to attain. cool .death and hade had no power over him.he lives and intercedes daily for our sins. . . .now thats the main gist,the reason of the season cool
he arose some 2000 years ago and hes cn the throne so I and my household wud celebrate him.you can chose to celebrate your question filled brain too. . . cool
Re: Why Do Christian Celebrate Easter When Is Not In Bible? by 4Him(m): 12:01am On Mar 20, 2008
blkmum . . . na wa.
The bible was not written in English language . . . so shld we throw KJV into the sea and buy a hebrew bible?
the songs of praise we sing were not the ones written in the bible . . . what do u suggest we do?
We attend church on sunday, there were no gregorian calendars in the days of Christ.

There are so many things the bible did not write down that we do today which is not a sin. On the last day you wont be judged on whether or not u killed a fowl for easter.
Re: Why Do Christian Celebrate Easter When Is Not In Bible? by blkmum700: 12:38am On Mar 20, 2008
@4him, Thank you brother for your explanation.

@nwando, i dont know why u cant understand , i think u need someone to fix ur brain because u are the only one who dont understand.when is your version of Oxford dictionary coming out?Mr english
Re: Why Do Christian Celebrate Easter When Is Not In Bible? by IDINRETE: 6:12pm On Mar 20, 2008
kindly check out WWW.CHRISTIANISM.COM for a thorough research
Re: Why Do Christian Celebrate Easter When Is Not In Bible? by Ivvie: 6:56pm On Apr 07, 2008
|
Re: Why Do Christian Celebrate Easter When Is Not In Bible? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Apr 07, 2008
blkmum700:

that doesnt answer what am asking because easter is not measure that place?while does jehova withness don't celebrate it?are they not christian ?

The word 'bible' is also not in the Bible. Should you stop reading the Bible?
Re: Why Do Christian Celebrate Easter When Is Not In Bible? by Image123(m): 2:25am On Apr 08, 2008
my own Bible na originaaaa.It has easter grin grin shocked grin grin
Act 12:4 And when he had apprehended him, he put him in prison, and delivered him to four quaternions of soldiers to keep him; intending after Easter to bring him forth to the people.
easter falls in the same period as the passover.One of the apostles say it is our own passover(1cor5v7).so celebrate the celebrity(Jesus) of easter celebration NOW (poster) in arrears.
Re: Why Do Christian Celebrate Easter When Is Not In Bible? by Reptyle(m): 12:14pm On Apr 08, 2008
Image123:

my own Bible na originaaaa.It has easter grin grin shocked grin grin
Act 12:4 And when he had apprehended him, he put him in prison, and delivered him to four quaternions of soldiers to keep him; intending after Easter to bring him forth to the people.
easter falls in the same period as the passover.One of the apostles say it is our own passover(1cor5v7).so celebrate the celebrity(Jesus) of easter celebration NOW (poster) in arrears.

My yown too na origimal!!! E get Easter inside am grin grin grin But seriously, forget the names these celebrations bear and rather focus on the reason for the seasons. I find it strange that pple here try to stir up controversy where there is none. Believe (or disbelieve) what you will my friends. On the judgement day we shall all know who was right or wrong. Let me add that that if I die today and discover that there is no heaven or hell, I'll still be glad I lived my life serving God and keeping his laws. There is no better way to live

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christian Celebrate Easter When Is Not In Bible? by PastorAIO: 1:49pm On Apr 08, 2008
http://www.wicca.com/celtic/akasha/ostara.htm

I guess how christian your celebration of Easter is depends on whether you incorporate such symbols as the Egg and the Rabbit to your commemoration of the Death and resurrection of Jesus.

Pagans worship on this day which is dedicated to fertility of the woman hence the egg. Easter is linked to Oestrogen which is the female sex hormone that causes ovulation.
Re: Why Do Christian Celebrate Easter When Is Not In Bible? by dinkyxta(f): 4:56pm On Apr 10, 2008
@blkmom700
av been following this thred for sometime now am grateful of the fact tht some1 has been studying the bible well truly theres nothing like easter mentioned in the bible.if u look at the origin of easter it is a pagan celebration where the pagan used to worship their sun god easter so it was called easter ltr christendom churches embibed it into their doctrine as the celebration of the death of our lord jesus christ.
@ still waters come to think of it would u eat a piece of candy tht was picked from a gutter? of course u wouldn't so thtsw y i personally do not celebrate easter because it has pagan origin i.e it was picked from the gutter
Re: Why Do Christian Celebrate Easter When Is Not In Bible? by AbuZola3(m): 3:06pm On Feb 13, 2010
The bible was written long after jesus left the world so what do u expect, innovation innovation innovation innovation innovation innovation tongue
Re: Why Do Christian Celebrate Easter When Is Not In Bible? by Mobinga: 3:29pm On Dec 30, 2010
Bump
Re: Why Do Christian Celebrate Easter When Is Not In Bible? by mabell: 7:47pm On Dec 30, 2010
And when he had apprehended him, he put him in prison, and delivered him to four quaternions of soldiers to keep him; intending after [b]Easte[/b]r to bring him forth to the people
Acts 12:4 (KJV)

There's the word right from the bible, it was celebrated in the bible days
Re: Why Do Christian Celebrate Easter When Is Not In Bible? by e36991: 8:01pm On Dec 30, 2010
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind . . .

Shell-shock! Tesco starts selling Easter eggs - two days after Christmas

December 30, 2010

[img]http://m.gmgrd.co.uk/res/247.$plit/C_71_article_1404001_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg?30%2F12%2F2010%2010%3A46%3A49%3A431[/img]
Reporter Steve Robson with Easter eggs from the Portwood branch of Tesco

You might be still polishing off the last of the Christmas selection boxes and playing with your new presents but supermarket bosses have decided Easter is already on its way.

Shoppers discovered Tesco stores selling Easter eggs just TWO DAYS after Christmas.

And next Easter falls on April 24 - just one day earlier than its latest possible date. The shopping aisles are stocked with a range of confectionery, including chocolate bunnies, chicks and eggs. Church leaders branded the move ‘absurd’.

Father John Flynn, a spokesman for the Salford’s Catholic diocese, said: “It is odd that supermarkets would want to be stocking eggs when thousands of Christians up and down the land are still trying to celebrate Christmas. It seems a bit misplaced and absurd.”

Baffled customers watched staff stocking shelves with Easter goods at stores in Burnage and Portwood, Stockport.

Julia Dodgson, from Stockport, said: “They should allow the Christian community to celebrate one festival at a time. We’re still celebrating the birth of Jesus and they’re selling symbols of the resurrection.

“It’s completely greedy – young children will be mithering parents to buy them.”

Angie Brown, from Bredbury, Stockport, who was shopping with five-year-old daughter Millie, said: “It’s ridiculous – we’ve just had lots of selection boxes. I don’t understand why they’re selling them already.”

Ross and Sarah Harwood, from Chapel-en-le-Frith in High Peak, said: “We’ve not even got Christmas over yet. It’s awful. It should be Valentine’s day next anyway.”

ASDA and Morrisons both confirmed they were not yet stocking Easter eggs.

Tesco say they are simply responding to demand.

A spokesman said: “Customers have asked us for a small range of Easter eggs at this time of year and we’re happy to supply them.”

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1404001_shellshock_tesco_starts_selling_easter_eggs__two_days_after_christmas
Re: Why Do Christian Celebrate Easter When Is Not In Bible? by Jimbaz7(m): 4:15pm On Mar 28, 2013
To all who celebrate and those who as a result of faith decided not to celebrate
Please read 2 Corinthians 6:14-18 and determine who you are worshipping.

Re: Why Do Christian Celebrate Easter When Is Not In Bible? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Mar 28, 2013
The word "EASTER" mentioned in the bible is the same as ''ISHTAR'',a pagan goddess; it had nothing to do with jesus christ.

study your bible.

(1) (Reply)

Celstial Church Of Christ / 5 Problems With Heaven! / The Prophecy About Isreal And Gaza (from Quran)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.