Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

I Fix Breakfast For My Wife Over 50yrs - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Fix Breakfast For My Wife Over 50yrs (561 Views)

I Fix Breakfast 4my Wife 4 Over 50yrs / A Man Of God Told Me She Is Not My Wife / 'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Fix Breakfast For My Wife Over 50yrs by sidespin: 4:17pm On Mar 03, 2013
I FIX BREAKFAST FOR MY WIFE FOR OVER 50YEARS

I've been married for more than fifty years. When I married my wife more than fifty years ago, I thought I just couldn't love her any more than I did then. But now, fifty some-odd years later, it seems as though I hardly loved her at all back then because I love her so much more now. When my wife and I were first married, we promised each other that we'd always be sweethearts. And do you know that we still are today! For example, we've made it a practice over all these years of marriage that at every meal after we've prayed, we always kiss
each other. We practice an attitude of love. Love practiced brings great rewards. Love always puts the other person first.

Now I'm not perfect, but I have always endeavored to put my wife first. Through all of these years, I've tried to do what pleases her. For example, when I'm home, I always cook
breakfast. I've done that throughout our more than fifty years of marriage. And when I make breakfast, I always give my wife the best egg, the best piece of bacon, and the best piece of toast because that's what love would do. Natural love? No! The flesh would say, "I want the best piece of bacon! I want the best of everything! I want my rights and my own way!" But I refuse to let my flesh dominate me. That would be wrong thinking, and I won't allow wrong thinking to dominate me. I let the love of God on the inside dominate me. (Kenneth E. Hagin)

LOVE DOES NOT SEEK ITS OWN

On one occasion God spoke strongly to my heart about pastoring a certain church. The congregation wanted me to be their next pastor. But the former pastor wanted his cousin to pastor the church, so he began politicking in the church to get him elected instead. The God-kind of love has never divided a church. I could have taken at least half of those church members and started another church because many of those people wanted me to be their next pastor. But I couldn't divide a church and walk in love, and no one else can either.
What astounds me is that some born-again, Spirit-filled Christians can be sheep thieves, divide churches, and steal another man's congregation, and it doesn't bother them in the least bit. Then they blame it on God, saying, "God told me to do it." But God isn't that way! Either they lied or God lied about it because God said, "Love worketh no ill to his neighbour."

Anyway, I could have divided that church and started my own church with half of this former pastor's congregation. But I chose to listen to the inward man instead of to my flesh. I listened to the love of God in me, and the Holy Spirit said to me, "You just go your way and don't divide this church." So even though I knew God had spoken to me about pastoring that church, I withdrew my name from the pastoral candidates and left town. Later on, I said to the Lord, "Lord, what about that church? What's going to happen to those people?" The Lord answered me by saying, "They will suffer because they aren't in My perfect will. They listened to the wrong people and put the wrong person in as pastor. But I'll take care of you because you acted in love." Thank God, God did take care of me and in grand style too! And do you know that before a year had come and gone, God had installed me as the pastor of that
church, and I didn't have a thing in the world to do with it either. God arranged it all! Sometimes people's problem is that when God speaks to them, they try to run over other people to try to make what God told them come to pass. Then they get out of love, and God can't bless them because they aren't in a position spiritually to receive His blessings.
(Rev. Kenneth Hagin. E.)

We don’t need to climb on others, running them down to succeed. If we’ll patiently wait for our turn, it will surely get to us.
Cheers!

1 Like

Re: I Fix Breakfast For My Wife Over 50yrs by segunsd: 4:33pm On Mar 03, 2013
Inspiring!

1 Like

Re: I Fix Breakfast For My Wife Over 50yrs by greedie1(f): 8:08pm On Mar 03, 2013
wow!!

(1) (Reply)

I Am Kufar But I Want An Answer / Where Was I Before I Became An Ordinary Zygote? / Following Fashion Or Christ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.