Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,119 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:21 AM

A Sign That Nairaland Christians Are Not Pulling The Intellectual Weight - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Sign That Nairaland Christians Are Not Pulling The Intellectual Weight (3209 Views)

5 Silly Things That Nairaland Christians Do (updated From 3) / Why Is It That Nairaland Is Full Of Fanatics? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Sign That Nairaland Christians Are Not Pulling The Intellectual Weight by Nobody: 8:48pm On Mar 04, 2013
Has anyone noticed this?

[size=18pt]
All atheists here can argue their points by themselves. However, only few christians (about 5 out of hundreds) can argue for their faith? Furthermore, only one muslim can argue for the faith (Tbaba). Is this not a sign that these two religions do have some limiting effect on knowledge? [/size]

3 Likes

Re: A Sign That Nairaland Christians Are Not Pulling The Intellectual Weight by mazaje(m): 9:16pm On Mar 04, 2013
Stop making the mistake of thinking that people believe in their various religious faiths because it makes sense to them on an intellectual level. It doesn't that is why they always explain things away with absurdity. . .They pride themselves in saying that the wise will perish and other cliches along that line. . .Most of the people that practice one religion or the other were nurtured and indoctrinated since childhood into the religion as a child and no longer are capable of questioning their religion. . .The fear of burning in hell alone will make people to lie to themselves than to admit that their religions does not make any intellectual sense at all. . . Religion allows for answers to everything. Christianity allows answer for anything as long as you can manipulate the bible and make it say anything you want. . .This really appeals to people a lot. . .Stop thinking people believe in their religion because it makes sense. . They believe in it and hold unto it because it is their religion. . .Imagine a university graduate saying that wet dreams are caused by demons on the other thread. . .I used to believe the same nonsense any way. . .
Re: A Sign That Nairaland Christians Are Not Pulling The Intellectual Weight by Nobody: 9:22pm On Mar 04, 2013
And the main problem is these people are deep into their religion, they remain servants to their INVINCIBLE god and his preachers. This to me is a waste of life and permanent form of slavery. They are forever in a school they will never graduate from. How could anyone be a student forever? Poor things!
Re: A Sign That Nairaland Christians Are Not Pulling The Intellectual Weight by Nobody: 9:32pm On Mar 04, 2013
mazaje: Stop making the mistake of thinking that people believe in their various religious faiths because it makes sense to them on an intellectual level. It doesn't that is why they always explain things away with absurdity. . .They pride themselves in saying that the wise will perish and other cliches along that line. . .Most of the people that practice one religion or the other were nurtured and indoctrinated since childhood into the religion as a child and no longer are capable of questioning their religion. . .The fear of burning in hell alone will make people to lie to themselves than to admit that their religions does not make any intellectual sense at all. . . Religion allows for answers to everything. Christianity allows answer for anything as long as you can manipulate the bible and make it say anything you want. . .This really appeals to people a lot. . .Stop thinking people believe in their religion because it makes sense. . They believe in it and hold unto it because it is their religion. . .Imagine a university graduate saying that wet dreams are caused by demons on the other thread. . .I used to believe the same nonsense any way. . .

lol...lmao

But it is such a sad truth! Kai

There is hope sha, some actually come out of their religion after being hit with many logical arguments
Re: A Sign That Nairaland Christians Are Not Pulling The Intellectual Weight by Nobody: 9:32pm On Mar 04, 2013
ifeness: And the main problem is these people are deep into their religion, they remain servants to their INVINCIBLE god and his preachers. This to me is a waste of life and permanent form of slavery. They are forever in a school they will never graduate from. How could anyone be a student forever? Poor things!

Sad.

However, I am curious as to what they make/say of the op
Re: A Sign That Nairaland Christians Are Not Pulling The Intellectual Weight by seyibrown(f): 10:01pm On Mar 04, 2013
cool cool cool Logicboy03, the intellectual Atheist! cool cool cool
Re: A Sign That Nairaland Christians Are Not Pulling The Intellectual Weight by Nobody: 10:14pm On Mar 04, 2013
seyibrown: cool cool cool Logicboy03, the intellectual Atheist! cool cool cool

cool cool cool
Re: A Sign That Nairaland Christians Are Not Pulling The Intellectual Weight by InesQor(m): 1:45am On Mar 05, 2013
Please tell me: what's the aim of "arguing for your faith". Is it to boost your ego, or to prove some point?
Re: A Sign That Nairaland Christians Are Not Pulling The Intellectual Weight by Nobody: 1:54am On Mar 05, 2013
InesQor: Please tell me: what's the aim of "arguing for your faith". Is it to boost your ego, or to prove some point?

Heard of apologetics?

Heard of defending the faith? Didnt read that part of the bible huh?

If you have nothing to add to this thread, vamoose
Re: A Sign That Nairaland Christians Are Not Pulling The Intellectual Weight by nlMediator: 1:56am On Mar 05, 2013
ifeness: And the main problem is these people are deep into their religion, they remain servants to their INVINCIBLE god and his preachers. This to me is a waste of life and permanent form of slavery. They are forever in a school they will never graduate from. How could anyone be a student forever? Poor things!

For an "intellectual" discussion, I am not sure whether you are referring to an "invincible" or an "invisible" God. Clarity and correct usage of terms are essential to a demonstration of intellectual prowess.
Re: A Sign That Nairaland Christians Are Not Pulling The Intellectual Weight by InesQor(m): 8:43am On Mar 05, 2013
Logicboy03:

Heard of apologetics?

Heard of defending the faith? Didnt read that part of the bible huh?

If you have nothing to add to this thread, vamoose
Haba no need to be so riled up, it was a simple question. If you don't want a type of person on your thread you could have said so.

Apologetics? Of course I am familiar with apologetics as a tool used in proselytizing in religions.

Now you have listed Atheism, Christianity and Islam as examples of cases in which apologetic arguments have been used.

My point is a little beneath the surface, but it has been made.

2 Likes

Re: A Sign That Nairaland Christians Are Not Pulling The Intellectual Weight by Nobody: 9:08am On Mar 05, 2013
InesQor:
Haba no need to be so riled up, it was a simple question. If you don't want a type of person on your thread you could have said so.

Apologetics? Of course I am familiar with apologetics as a tool used in proselytizing in religions.

Now you have listed Atheism, Christianity and Islam as examples of cases in which apologetic arguments have been used.

My point is a little beneath the surface, but it has been made.

Psuedo-intellectual, trying to make a failed point about apologetics applying to atheism.

Some christians are just dull
Re: A Sign That Nairaland Christians Are Not Pulling The Intellectual Weight by Nobody: 9:17am On Mar 05, 2013
Good morning LB,

Logicboy03: Has anyone noticed this?

[b]All atheists
here can argue their points by themselves.

The above suggests that you know every Atheist on nairaland or at least those that visit the religious section. It also suggests that you know for a fact that every Atheist that visit the religious section necessarily make an arguement and that you have read every comment made by these Atheists before arriving at your conclusion. You and I know that these are not correct. To draw a conclusion from a false premise is fallacious

Logicboy03:

[size=10pt]
However, only few christians (about 5 out of hundreds) can argue for their faith? Furthermore, only one muslim can argue for the faith (Tbaba). Is this not a sign that these two religions do have some limiting effect on knowledge?

The conclusion drawn here is also fallacious! You do not know every Christian or Muslim that visit the religious section...I don't believe you have read every argument from these muslims and Christians...not every muslim or christian that visit this section argue their faith and to suggest that those who do not argue their faith do so because they are intellectually less endowed is fallacious.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Re: A Sign That Nairaland Christians Are Not Pulling The Intellectual Weight by Nobody: 9:22am On Mar 05, 2013
striktlymi: Good morning LB,

The above suggests that you know every Atheist on nairaland or at least those that visit the religious section. It also suggests that you know for a fact that every Atheist that visit the religious section necessarily make an arguement and that you have read every comment made by these Atheists before arriving at your conclusion. You and I know that these are not correct. To a draw a conclusion from a false premise is fallacious

The conclusion drawn here is also fallacious! You do not know every Christian or Muslim that visit the religious section...I don't believe you have read every argument from these muslims and Christians...not every muslim or christian that visit this section argue their faith and to suggest that those who do not argue their faith do so because they are intellectually less endowed is fallacious.

Thank you!

Another pseudo-intellectual doing his best to avoid discussing the core of the argument/topic.

Clearly, I was talking about the regulars on the religion section. But hey, you are free to play dumb. Afterall, that is the christian pseudo-intellectual's way of avoiding the crux of the matter.
Re: A Sign That Nairaland Christians Are Not Pulling The Intellectual Weight by Nobody: 9:37am On Mar 05, 2013
Logicboy03:

Another pseudo-intellectual doing his best to avoid discussing the core of the argument/topic.

Clearly, I was talking about the regulars on the religion section. But hey, you are free to play dumb. Afterall, that is the christian pseudo-intellectual's way of avoiding the crux of the matter.

Address an argument that is not properly constructed and filled with all manners of fallacies??....No thank you!

1 Like

Re: A Sign That Nairaland Christians Are Not Pulling The Intellectual Weight by Nobody: 9:38am On Mar 05, 2013
striktlymi:

Address an argument that is not properly constructed and filled with all manners of fallacies??....No thank you!

Empty barrel!

Next!
Re: A Sign That Nairaland Christians Are Not Pulling The Intellectual Weight by Nobody: 9:39am On Mar 05, 2013
Logicboy03:

Empty barrel!

Next!

Smart Atheists would see through you!!!
Re: A Sign That Nairaland Christians Are Not Pulling The Intellectual Weight by Nobody: 9:42am On Mar 05, 2013
striktlymi:

Smart Atheists would see through you!!!

empty rhetoric
Re: A Sign That Nairaland Christians Are Not Pulling The Intellectual Weight by Nobody: 9:44am On Mar 05, 2013
Logicboy03:

empty rhetoric

LWKMD!!!

You do need a name change!

[img]http://3.bp..com/-OL38Jt_V4DA/TiyMRkUW2xI/AAAAAAAAIUk/Q3PCADk3GN4/s1600/Internet-illogical-pricing.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: A Sign That Nairaland Christians Are Not Pulling The Intellectual Weight by InesQor(m): 3:18pm On Mar 05, 2013
Logicboy03:

Psuedo-intellectual, trying to make a failed point about apologetics applying to atheism.

Some christians are just dull

[size=28pt]K[/size]
Re: A Sign That Nairaland Christians Are Not Pulling The Intellectual Weight by Nobody: 3:55pm On Mar 05, 2013
InesQor:

[size=28pt]K[/size]

striktlymi:

LWKMD!!!

You do need a name change!

[img]http://3.bp..com/-OL38Jt_V4DA/TiyMRkUW2xI/AAAAAAAAIUk/Q3PCADk3GN4/s1600/Internet-illogical-pricing.jpg[/img]

Why not address the op? undecided
Re: A Sign That Nairaland Christians Are Not Pulling The Intellectual Weight by Nobody: 4:01pm On Mar 05, 2013
Logicboy03:

Why not address the op? undecided

Cause the argument lack proper construction! It would be illogical to respond to an argument with a very weak premise.
Re: A Sign That Nairaland Christians Are Not Pulling The Intellectual Weight by ooman(m): 4:05pm On Mar 05, 2013
The religious are really offended by this.
Re: A Sign That Nairaland Christians Are Not Pulling The Intellectual Weight by Nobody: 5:17pm On Mar 05, 2013
striktlymi:

Cause the argument lack proper construction! It would be illogical to respond to an argument with a very weak premise.

undecided

Waste of time
Re: A Sign That Nairaland Christians Are Not Pulling The Intellectual Weight by Nobody: 5:17pm On Mar 05, 2013
ooman: The religious are really offended by this.

Just look at striklymi, trying all pseudo-intellectual tricks to avoid the topic
Re: A Sign That Nairaland Christians Are Not Pulling The Intellectual Weight by Nobody: 5:25pm On Mar 05, 2013
Logicboy03:

Just look at striklymi, trying all pseudo-intellectual tricks to avoid the topic

Is 'pseudo-intellectual' your word of the week?? grin

6 Likes

Re: A Sign That Nairaland Christians Are Not Pulling The Intellectual Weight by Paschal007: 8:18pm On Mar 05, 2013
It never occurred to you that a lot of people here actually have life outside nairaland?
Re: A Sign That Nairaland Christians Are Not Pulling The Intellectual Weight by Nobody: 8:23pm On Mar 05, 2013
Paschal007: It never occurred to you that a lot of people here actually have life outside nairaland?

And who doesnt?

mtchew
Re: A Sign That Nairaland Christians Are Not Pulling The Intellectual Weight by UyiIredia(m): 10:31pm On Mar 05, 2013
Once again logicboy kills logic. I think the likes of Mr Anony have shown themselves to be intellectual. However your point that 5 out of 100 Christians argue for their faith is easily disproved by a cursory glance through the religious section. Bottomline: Lots of Christians argue for their faith.
Re: A Sign That Nairaland Christians Are Not Pulling The Intellectual Weight by Nobody: 10:55pm On Mar 05, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Once again logicboy kills logic. I think the likes of Mr Anony have shown themselves to be intellectual. However your point that 5 out of 100 Christians argue for their faith is easily disproved by a cursory glance through the religious section. Bottomline: Lots of Christians argue for their faith.

Yes, Anony is one of the 5.

When I say argue for the faith, I mean argue. I dont mean;

-posting copy and paste from church websites
-posting illumnati conspiracies
-posting end of the world conspiracies
-posting sermon from fraudulent preachers
-posting christian news
-posting anti-catholic threads
-asking if tattoos, self-service etc are sins/allowed
-claiming atheism is a religion or atheists are immoral

That has removed at least 70% of christian threads here.

=================================================================
Re: A Sign That Nairaland Christians Are Not Pulling The Intellectual Weight by Nobody: 11:20pm On Mar 05, 2013
To all the christian hypocrites on this thread (especially Striklymi)

All your arguments do not change the fact that the average christian here can not argue logically.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atheist Bird Sh!t On The Kab'ba{pics} / Prophet Ezekiel's Vision Of UFO's / The Final Lie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.