Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,727 members, 7,824,060 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? (15252 Views)

Engagement Ceremony: Abuja Lady In Keke Napep (photo) / A Bride Joined To The Groom's Photo In Marriage,how Appropriate? / How Do You Tell Him That You Hate Your Engagement Ring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by r231(m): 3:01pm On Mar 06, 2013
After 3kids grin

1 Like

Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Fhemmmy: 3:02pm On Mar 06, 2013
r231: After 3kids grin

Lol . .
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Mar 06, 2013
Huge mistake.dnt try
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Mar 06, 2013
Fhemmmy: For as long as it takes for the couple to find the money to make it into the next level . . . Better to wear a ring of engagement that to wear a wedding band in pain

Meanwhile the guy is on the other side shaggging his life away at the detriment of the spouse.Women respect engagement more than men,so I won't advise any woman to be engaged for a long time.
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Fhemmmy: 3:03pm On Mar 06, 2013
iyabde: I wore mine for 3 years. Here I am after relationship of almost 6 years...am alone. Ladies pls don't be fooled.

Do you mind shedding more light into what happened and we will be able to analyze how it could have been prevented . . .
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Fhemmmy: 3:04pm On Mar 06, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Meanwhile the guy is on the other side shaggging his life away at the detriment of the spouse.Women respect engagement more than men,so I won't advise any woman to be engaged for a long time.

And you think the ladies of nowadays dont shag their man off? There is not doubt about it that it happens, however, my point was that if the woman was good enough to be engaged, could be good enough to be married as well
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Euckybaby(f): 3:06pm On Mar 06, 2013
Not more than one month... As for me one week to my wedding day
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Mar 06, 2013
Fhemmmy:

And you think the ladies of nowadays dont shag their man off? There is not doubt about it that it happens, however, my point was that if the woman was good enough to be engaged, could be good enough to be married as well

Not all engagements eventually lead to marriage. . . . . .the longer the period of engagement,the more it gives a man the mind to be promiscuous and change his mind.Engagement should be a time to strengthen the relationship so that if it won't work,the lady should be freed on time to move on with her life instead of tying her down.
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Philolos: 3:13pm On Mar 06, 2013
f18spitfire: You wear engagement ring for five years, wetin self you be lord of the rings....
Engagement ring is a short-term deal. In finance, this is typically 12 months or less. A marriage, however, is more than a financial deal but its precursor, engagement phase, should last no longer than 12 months or thereabout. The 12 months is used really to plan a wedding, know the future in-laws, etc. A small wedding may mean marriage in less than 6 months after engagement ring is worn.

@OP, are you expecting to be engaged soon? Congrats in advance!
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Fhemmmy: 3:15pm On Mar 06, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Not all engagements eventually lead to marriage. . . . . .the longer the period of engagement,the more it gives a man the mind to be promiscuous and change his mind. Engagement should be a time to strengthen the relationship so that if it won't work,the lady should be freed on time to move on with her life instead of tying her down.

Wont it be better then for the woman to have a man change his mind during engagement rather than rush into the marriage and he change his mind?
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by pastie(m): 3:18pm On Mar 06, 2013
How long will this make FP angry
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by OkwaIfugo(m): 3:18pm On Mar 06, 2013
at least 3yrs is ok.
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by braxjay(m): 3:19pm On Mar 06, 2013
well it depends on the man.

a man ready for marriage and proposes wont take longer than 4 months before marriage and that's because of preparations for the big-day.

on the other hand, a man not ready but has motives like keeping other interested parties or wanna get the girls family wealth would wait for like well........... almost 3 yrs
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by anitank(f): 3:19pm On Mar 06, 2013
Fhemmmy: For as long as it takes for the couple to find the money to make it into the next level . . . Better to wear a ring of engagement that to wear a wedding band in pain
If he's not ready to give her a wedding band in 3 months, there is no need giving her an engagement ring in the first place.

Better find the money to make it to the next level with her before engaging her...period!

1 Like

Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Fhemmmy: 3:20pm On Mar 06, 2013
anitank:
If he's not ready to give her a wedding band in 3 months, there is no need giving her an engagement ring in the first place.

Better find the money to make it to the next level with her before engaging her...period!

Well said, but sometimes it is not that easy . . .
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by aadetoyin(f): 3:20pm On Mar 06, 2013
iyabde: I wore mine for 3 years. Here I am after relationship of almost 6 years...am alone. Ladies pls don't be fooled.

Wow. Woman dey try. The same happened to a close friend. She wore his ring for 5 yrs and later the guy said he has lost interest.

Ladies pls let's learn from this things
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by andyanders: 3:21pm On Mar 06, 2013
2 days. if nothing happen, throw way the ring, find another serious person. After many days, you start having the law of diminishing returns. The man go start to play game or the woman go start dey nyash outside.
If you won marry, pray. Engagement ring no engagement ring, marry na marry and love na love. What of married guys wey dey hide their wedding ring and some married women wey dey hide their ring? A beg, forget these people and riing.
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Burger01(m): 3:21pm On Mar 06, 2013
...AS LONG AS POSSIBLE... I beg country hard and dollar no dey flow as before but i go marry you o.. grin
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Mar 06, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Wont it be better then for the woman to have a man change his mind during engagement rather than rush into the marriage and he change his mind?

Well I've slept with couple of bi't'ches who had their engagement rings on their fingers;saying they were abandoned by their prospective husband if that is what you mean by a woman change of mind. . . .A relationship should be at the advanced stage where both couple feel there is no going back before giving engagement ring and that shouldn't be long before the marriage proper.
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Mar 06, 2013
[size=48pt] Minimum of 3 Months [/size] [size=21pt] Maximum of 6 Months [/size] [size=48pt] Or are you Lady of the Rings? [/size]
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by nerodenero: 3:25pm On Mar 06, 2013
There isnt a specific duration for wearing it as money denies many from getting married.
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Sweetapple007(f): 3:25pm On Mar 06, 2013
Not at all.
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Fhemmmy: 3:26pm On Mar 06, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Well I've slept with couple of bi't'ches who had their engagement rings on their fingers;saying they were abandoned by their prospective husband if that is what you mean by a woman change of mind. . . .A relationship should be at the advanced stage where both couple feel there is no going back before giving engagement ring and that shouldn't be long before the marriage proper.

Relationship is never advanced enough to stop cheating or flirting . . . Like i said earlier, it is all about understanding and knowing the person you are with. Marriage is not a game and speaking from the angle that i have seen, sometimes better to enjoy a longer engagement and them have a sweet marriage . . . A man too with wedding bands in hand sleeps around just a woman with wedding band sleeps around, so that marriage will not be the stoppage.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Scarpon(m): 3:29pm On Mar 06, 2013
Fhemmmy:

You mean to say for as long as both of your want, cos it is not just about you, but both involved
if n.a. she go bring money for the whole wedding the choice is hers but if me for as long as I want
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by TableLeg(m): 3:30pm On Mar 06, 2013
aadetoyin: Not more than 2yrs because that 2 yrs sef is a long time but if they are still young she can wear it for 2 yrs.
Anything beyond 2yrs is a NO NO for me. Wen her hand no be key holder. grin
My friend shut up ... get one first before boasting 2 years is a no no for you!
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Fhemmmy: 3:31pm On Mar 06, 2013
Scarpon: if n.a. she go bring money for the whole wedding the choice is hers but if me for as long as I want

Not at all, Sir . . . No matter how much you have and financing the wedding with, She still have a say else, you are only marrying a puppet that has no say in the home at all, you probably would be determine what kinda dress she will wear as well?
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Valto(m): 3:35pm On Mar 06, 2013
1yr is enough! if it stays more than that u are a learner!
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Mar 06, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Relationship is never advanced enough to stop cheating or flirting . . . Like i said earlier, it is all about understanding and knowing the person you are with. Marriage is not a game and speaking from the angle that i have seen, sometimes better to enjoy a longer engagement and them have a sweet marriage . . . A man too with wedding bands in hand sleeps around just a woman with wedding band sleeps around, so that marriage will not be the stoppage.

A woman has her prime age which means time is not always on her side while a man's time is limitless.if you engage a lady at 28 years and left her to wear that ring for another five years only to dump her,you've altered her life.

Since you can't guarantee that all engagements end in marriage while considering time factor on the woman side,then its illogical to advise any young lady to wear a ring for a long period of time.why get engaged if the dude is not ready to marry you ?
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by nbright: 3:42pm On Mar 06, 2013
She be the THE RING LEADER
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Mar 06, 2013
IS THIS WORTH DISCUSSING. MEEN THE THINGS PEOPLE DISCUSS THIS SITE. angry
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by scobaba: 4:00pm On Mar 06, 2013
=))º°˚˚˚°ºнaĦaнaº°˚˚˚°º‎​=)) , this topic reminds me of what happened back den in university.
A friend peter(real name) had a chick chinenye(real name also). We graduated while chinenye was still in second year, for fear of losing her to someone else, peter engaged her immediately we graduated. That engagement lasted 6yrs. They eventually got married last year and 8days ago, chinenye delivered a bouncing baby boy,raymond.

Moral of the story.....e depend on as u see d story.
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Fhemmmy: 4:01pm On Mar 06, 2013
~Bluetooth:

A woman has her prime age which means time is not always on her side while a man's time is limitless.if you engage a lady at 28 years and left her to wear that ring for another five years only to dump her,you've altered her life.

Since you can't guarantee that all engagements end in marriage while considering time factor on the woman side,then its illogical to advise any young lady to wear a ring for a long period of time.why get engaged if the dude is not ready to marry you ?

There is not doubt about that, and i do agree with you that you alter her life when that happens, but what happened, if the woman that broke off the engagement all in the name of "Found a better man" All we are saying is that, longer engagement is better than a marriage made in hell . . . A woman that is engaged at 28 and married at 28 cos engagement was only for few months and later realize she has made a mistake or the man now is not what she wants after 2 years into the marriage, what would we call that? Mistake my age?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rent Your Dream Wedding Gowns For As Low As N15000 In Abuja / How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding / Most Used Event Centre In Ojodu/ikeja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.