Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,971 members, 7,825,037 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? - Events (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? (15258 Views)

Engagement Ceremony: Abuja Lady In Keke Napep (photo) / A Bride Joined To The Groom's Photo In Marriage,how Appropriate? / How Do You Tell Him That You Hate Your Engagement Ring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by richoko60: 6:59pm On Mar 06, 2013
Helpful thread, i want to engage my fiancee but dont want her to wear the engagement ring for too long before the wedding ring proper,i think 3 month max, for real how long should a lady wear an engagement ring?
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by bokohalal1: 6:59pm On Mar 06, 2013
It can be 5 days, it can also be 5 years, watch...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T51YeJWSbL0
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Fhemmmy: 7:02pm On Mar 06, 2013
Ultimux:
Dude, in a typical Nigerian wedding setup 150 is barely considered average. If you call that a political campaign wait till you see weddings with crowd of 400-500.
Unfortunately, these people fail to realize that no matter the population what matters is the intent and purpose of the event.
A wedding event of 50 people will achieve same purpose as that of 1,000,000.
At the end of the day they are both MARRIED.
@topic
I won't want to give a clear cut number but it depends largely on finance, age, sociocultural orientation etc.
However, assuming all factors are in favor of the individuals, i will say 2yrs is enough time to know someone enough to move from engagement phase to marriage phase.

That means i was right . . . cool
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by GENTLETEE(m): 7:28pm On Mar 06, 2013
It should not be longer than necessary. At most three months not more than six months.
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by minute(f): 7:36pm On Mar 06, 2013
Entirely up to you . . .usual for a formal engagement is about one year.
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by hardbody: 7:43pm On Mar 06, 2013
You wear an engagement ring for as long as it takes the man to wed (or marry) you. If you angrily remove it, you run the risk of not wearing another for a long time to come as the next guy that comes around will need time to acclamatize before putting another one there, so exercise patience and support your man. Don't be tempted to remove it without his 'say so'. To be forwarned is .....

1 Like

Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by gentlegg(m): 7:54pm On Mar 06, 2013
Fhemmmy:

So you mean it is OK to wear that ring as long as the parents have met one another but the wedding arrangement is yet to start?
Not just the parents meeting one another but marriage process must have been commenced and on process. Then if she wears the ring as the marriage process is being consummated, then no qualms.
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Fhemmmy: 7:56pm On Mar 06, 2013
gentlegg:
Not just the parents meeting one another but marriage process must have been commenced and on process. Then if she wears the ring as the marriage process is being consummated, then no qualms.

All i am saying is that, it is not as simple as you make it look, only God makes promises based on what He knows cos he knows the end from even the beginning, but a man makes promises based on what he see and since tomorrow is clouded to a man, anything could happen.
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by UgoezeDKing: 8:14pm On Mar 06, 2013
@ most 6 months
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Fhemmmy: 8:16pm On Mar 06, 2013
Ugoeze D-King:
@ most 6 months

And after 6 months, they should break up and go separate ways?
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Datzeal(m): 8:59pm On Mar 06, 2013
[quote author=Fhemmmy][color=#000099][b]For as long as it takes for the couple to find the money to make it into the next level . . . Better to wear a ring of engage..there is sense in this.
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by JohnAkpa1(m): 9:35pm On Mar 06, 2013
I am nat 2 concern abt hw lng a lady shld wear an engagement rng, reasons being dat a 2 lng engagement rng is beta dan an early marriage of pains.
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Mar 06, 2013
The family
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by skoop: 9:43pm On Mar 06, 2013
Fake......engagement ring na bondage
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Ebychy48: 9:50pm On Mar 06, 2013
A year z ok. cryA year z ok.
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by kenraj(m): 10:04pm On Mar 06, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Not good enough, if the man can afford to go to Nigeria 2ce a year, such man can afford the wedding and tie the knot, not only an engaged woman or man could reside abroad while the wife is somewhere else, a married man could do such too, so it is all about understanding and commitment.

The fact is an assurance on the part of the man is invonlved and there is not going back on his commitment...marriage does not seal a marriage nowadays if u must know...And to tell u the fact, this is my true life story av just illustrated and it does not really mean that am so rich that s why i can afford it to come 2ice every year> what about the future involved after marriage? A whole lotta tins are involved in this marriage of i thing and better still i could just go with her to a registry to add a ring to the engagement ring and so what?

1 Like

Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by kenraj(m): 10:05pm On Mar 06, 2013
1 shortblackboy: . Na wa o na nigerian film? na angry

Yes na and am the one involved in film....E do u?
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by anitank(f): 10:17pm On Mar 06, 2013
boko_halal: It can be 5 days, it can also be 5 years, watch...

Promise ring grin grin
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by debbydominic(f): 10:26pm On Mar 06, 2013
iyabde: The family just decided I wasn't what God wants 4 him,he too developed cold feet. Well my God neither sleeps nor slumbers.

Don't worry God is working something out for you.and maybe he wasn't meant for you.
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Udpconcept(m): 11:08pm On Mar 06, 2013
my friend will always tell me that any enggagement ring dat lasted more than six month has turn 2 a key holder .
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Fhemmmy: 12:57am On Mar 07, 2013
boko_halal: It can be 5 days, it can also be 5 years, watch...

Why would they use Femi, na wa for this people oh, so many haters
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Fhemmmy: 1:02am On Mar 07, 2013
kenraj:

The fact is an assurance on the part of the man is invonlved and there is not going back on his commitment...marriage does not seal a marriage nowadays if u must know...And to tell u the fact, this is my true life story av just illustrated and it does not really mean that am so rich that s why i can afford it to come 2ice every year> what about the future involved after marriage? A whole lotta tins are involved in this marriage of i thing and better still i could just go with her to a registry to add a ring to the engagement ring and so what?

My brother, my point is that each trip to Nigeria will not be as cheap as cost of gala and a soda drink . . . so you could reduce a particular year to go just once and that once would be for the to tie the knot, i am not sure where you are travelling from but let us pick America - your cost of travelling, money spent in Nigeria and gifts bought for people would not be less than 5000$$ and that will be 0.8M Naira which i am not sure if it wont be enough to seal a deal on a wedding . . . Or is there something i am missing here?
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Fhemmmy: 1:03am On Mar 07, 2013
Ud&pconcept:
my friend will always tell me that any enggagement ring dat lasted more than six month has turn 2 a key holder .

A key that has nothing to hold it get lost easily , , , ,
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by spygurl(f): 6:16am On Mar 07, 2013
Me I don't av dat time to wear any engagement for any man if he is nt ready no need for d ring because me colleçtin d ring frm him is to stop orða mén frm lokkin at me
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by MEGA4BILLION(m): 8:00am On Mar 07, 2013
I think 6months is right
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by kenraj(m): 8:17am On Mar 07, 2013
kenraj:

Oga Phemmy, its not just the marriage that matters, firstly the future av 2 be secured if not permanently but partially and this is the time 2 do that cos am still studying and if not that I engage in some part time businesses it would not av been easy and the woman involved have stated to me either directly or indirectly that the moment we get married, she would not condone or be happy that I won't still be with her to av been settled and the insinuation is that what's the point of the marriage when I'll stll not be on ground even though our child is with her parents but she lives in my apartment.

Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by LoveAmaka88(f): 11:06am On Mar 07, 2013
If it takes more than a year, then either he wasn't ready to propose or she wasn't ready to accept.
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by olawumia(m): 11:57am On Mar 07, 2013
[quote author=ludot]

My take is that 'dowry' is just plain robbery!!! It needs to be scrapped! A crowd of 150 at a wedding...,is dat a political campaign?
[/quote
150? bro u ll get more dan that. for every iv u give * by 4. ie 4*1=4 so if u r printing 60 =u ll get close to 200.
for budget ...it depends on d state .like lagos ....hall is within 350-1200000.
Deco :150-15000000
photos : 150-600
food
drinks
dresses .etc
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by larayat(f): 2:24pm On Mar 07, 2013
Actually.................six months z ok.anytin afta den....my sis jst b prayerful...der r lota gals outa der who dos nt give a danm....if u av a piece o jewelry arnd ur finger.ready 2 snatch any available man
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Fhemmmy: 5:08pm On Mar 07, 2013
olawumia:
[quote author=ludot]

My take is that 'dowry' is just plain robbery!!! It needs to be scrapped! A crowd of 150 at a wedding...,is dat a political campaign?
[/quote
150? bro u ll get more dan that. for every iv u give * by 4. ie 4*1=4 so if u r printing 60 =u ll get close to 200.
for budget ...it depends on d state .like lagos ....hall is within 350-1200000.
Deco :150-15000000
photos : 150-600
food
drinks
dresses .etc

With budget like this in a nation where the average salary is small and yet still have to spend some of the Salary to go to work, eat and pay rent, so tell me how much could someone like that save and how long would he have to save to be able to make this kinda budget happen for a wedding?
Basically, Nigerians, we need help.
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by babyliciousmee: 11:00pm On Mar 07, 2013
Nt more dan six months
Re: Ladies Wearing An Engagement Ring Before Marriage: How Long? by Fhemmmy: 11:05pm On Mar 07, 2013
babyliciousmee: Nt more dan six months

After 6 months, what would you do?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rent Your Dream Wedding Gowns For As Low As N15000 In Abuja / How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding / Most Used Event Centre In Ojodu/ikeja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.