Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,166 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Must One Wear Suit To An Interview/apptitude Test??? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Must One Wear Suit To An Interview/apptitude Test??? (20253 Views)

6 Things You Should Never Wear To An Interview / Is It Good For A Lady To Wear Trouser To An Interview? / He Missed An Interview Because……. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must One Wear Suit To An Interview/apptitude Test??? by InvertedHammer: 11:19pm On Mar 05, 2013
Agbada or babanriga with a walking stick will do cool

1 Like

Re: Must One Wear Suit To An Interview/apptitude Test??? by Fantacy1(m): 12:37am On Mar 06, 2013
Well! it depends on d kind of interview. 4 co-operate organisation/firm, suit goes especially with African interviewers. For other companies or visa interview where whites are involved, plz avoid suit and neva dress 2 impress a white boss. Dey deslike it wit pasion. Jux luk gud and simple
Re: Must One Wear Suit To An Interview/apptitude Test??? by navygrl: 2:14am On Mar 06, 2013
You should ALWAYS dress above the jobs dress code.
Re: Must One Wear Suit To An Interview/apptitude Test??? by ddeola: 4:34am On Mar 06, 2013
Guy,follow the dress code of the place. If na suit dem dey wear for there abeg comply and if na just shirt and tie, abegi comply but really interviews are meant to access your confidence level and other stuff.
Re: Must One Wear Suit To An Interview/apptitude Test??? by phaya(f): 6:47am On Mar 06, 2013
12 inches!:
If I were an employer and u come to my interview with anything less than a suit and you're a guy I will not employ u regardless of other ways u impress me. If you were a lady, I cn permit u not wearing a suit but u must wear a nice corporate blouse and skirt (preferably a skirt suit). The only time I'll permit anything short of a suit is for example during an interview where the interview venue is a construction site or other place where u might be required to show instantly your experience with a paticular technical equipment. I know I'll be a recruiter of labour one day and I have told u my opinion so beta take it serious. A word is enough for the wise.

Your last 2 lines in the sentence and your signature are very contradicting!
Re: Must One Wear Suit To An Interview/apptitude Test??? by LeJeun3: 6:54am On Mar 06, 2013
Akin-David:
Don't waste your opportunity always be on suit for any interview..You may not have a second chance. undecided
Waste your opportunity how? You really are annoying, is it the suit that gets the Job? I pity this mentality it is biased and evil.

When someone wears a suit and is all sweating and uncomfortable, guess you'll feel great about it. God help us and deliver us from your kind of interviewers!
Re: Must One Wear Suit To An Interview/apptitude Test??? by engrfcuksmtin(m): 6:57am On Mar 06, 2013
No. When I went for my first Job interview in 2007, I wore shirt n tie. I was asked by the head of the interview panel why I was not putting suit and I honestly replied that I dont have a job and cannot afford a good suit. I got the job anyway.

1 Like

Re: Must One Wear Suit To An Interview/apptitude Test??? by maasoap(m): 7:19am On Mar 06, 2013
Ijawboi: Wear Rags like will smith in "the pursuit of happiness"...
He didn't wear rag intentionally. The guy always wear suit (everyday) but something happened a day before the schedule interview and he didn't have time to go home and change his dress on the day of interview. Infact, he had to run on foot to make it on time to the venue when there was traffic holdup.
Re: Must One Wear Suit To An Interview/apptitude Test??? by vanstanzy(m): 7:32am On Mar 06, 2013
Its not a must, but suites makes one more corporate.

I have passed job interviews without wearing a suit. The important thing is to dress corporate to interviews. smiley smiley
Re: Must One Wear Suit To An Interview/apptitude Test??? by DidiLove1: 8:15am On Mar 06, 2013
Malubi: NO. But you must be corporate; good and long scate that go below the knees, a shirt or good Top (4 girls). Plain trouser, shoes, shirt with neck tie it's Ok. For boys and etc. Remember NEVER leave your top or shirt flying outside. But suit is very good if you have Just put on. Thanks

English words formed in your head but unfortunately, your fingers typed swahili! Moral of the story: It is not compulsory to comment on every thread.
Re: Must One Wear Suit To An Interview/apptitude Test??? by vitality22(m): 8:28am On Mar 06, 2013
Akin-David:
Don't waste your opportunity always be on suit for any interview..You may not have a second chance. undecided
I have been opportuned to be in a panel of interviewers, be reminded that there is a point for dressing just like there are points in the way you answer the interviewers, if you dont have one (good suite) i will advice you borrow one, you might not have a second chance. That is for interview anyway. For aptitude test, there will be no need for suite.
Re: Must One Wear Suit To An Interview/apptitude Test??? by hardbody: 8:32am On Mar 06, 2013
Revolva: Omo d last one I went..I nak my jeans and tommy tshirts with ma NY cap..I no send suit

I am certain that they in turn did not send you as you probably never got the job. As mentioned earlier, at interviews, dress to impress. Just last week, I had concluded a set of placement interviews with more than 12 different guys and was shortlisted to see the Chairman of the Group. The Director of Resources in one of the subsidiary companies had a fresh interview chat with me. She said, guy, you dress very well but to impress Mr Chairman, get a new suit, a new white shirt, a new pair of shoes, a particular color of tie, and you are good to go. I saw the Guru the next day. The only interview session I had with him was me taking a walk with him to a few offices in the complex and I could almost touch his gaze over my suit, shirt, shoe, everything I wore. I am still waiting to hear from them, if I do not, at least it won't be because I did not dress well. I hope I made my point.
Re: Must One Wear Suit To An Interview/apptitude Test??? by AjanleKoko: 8:50am On Mar 06, 2013
One can't help SMH-ing at some of the comments here. How did we even get to this point, where we are breeding outright mor.ons in this country?

These same people will go and post on another thread about how terrible the country is, as they are unable to find work. Did these people even go to any college? embarassed

No wonder even Chinese and Indians find us unemployable. In our own country embarassed
Re: Must One Wear Suit To An Interview/apptitude Test??? by Nobody: 9:01am On Mar 06, 2013
Jamb Question, wear Native now, u go see as dem go take pursue u. ewu.
Re: Must One Wear Suit To An Interview/apptitude Test??? by AjanleKoko: 9:05am On Mar 06, 2013
vanstanzy: Its not a must, but suites make one more corporate.
I have passed job interviews without wearing a suit. The important thing is to dress corporate to interviews.

Not serious jobs or serious companies.
If you don't appear in front of Agbelusi and Sons in a suit, they might forgive you. But try interviewing for a graduate entry position in any of the multinationals in your skinny jeans.
Re: Must One Wear Suit To An Interview/apptitude Test??? by nitrogen(m): 9:20am On Mar 06, 2013
AjanleKoko:

If you don't appear in front of Agbelusi and Sons in a suit, they might forgive you. But try interviewing for a graduate entry position in any of the multinationals in your skinny jeans.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Must One Wear Suit To An Interview/apptitude Test??? by Nobody: 9:24am On Mar 06, 2013
IYA NGBALI: just wear ur undies and the job is all yours,I wish best of rod

Pwahahahahahahahahahaha grin
IYA NGBALI: just wear ur undies and the job is all yours,I wish best of rod

Pwahahahahahahahahahaha
Re: Must One Wear Suit To An Interview/apptitude Test??? by vanstanzy(m): 9:32am On Mar 06, 2013
AjanleKoko:

I work for GUINNESS (A MULTI-NATIONAL) and i passed the interview without sporting a suit. All i had to do was dress

corporate and be the best man for the job. wink
Re: Must One Wear Suit To An Interview/apptitude Test??? by 1121: 9:35am On Mar 06, 2013
Sweetapple007: No, u can wear traditional with cap that will do.
U said that in a funny way but that is the common experience here in the north, if u have ever met with our northern counterparts in any interview, be it bank, gov establishment or what so ever
Re: Must One Wear Suit To An Interview/apptitude Test??? by Nautillus(m): 9:41am On Mar 06, 2013
OP..IF..i reapeat...IF you really want to be employed in NAija...

hmmmmmm....You beta go and borrow Suit oh...read my lips...IT IS COMPULSORY. bank oh...construction oh....even local gorvernment work sef...

many years ago...i lost a position with a telecoms company...infact...the oyinbo HR director was very unhappy...i was onr of the best candidates he found for the job..

a very senior position at that...the 2 directors in the panel said NO becos...i no wear SUIT. and that was a sign that i was TOO PROUD.

the Oyinbo beg tire...say e no mean...them no gree oh...

i just stood there till they were done...one of the directors (an ibo man walked with me out, and said.. oh boy, you no try... you are very good...perfect for the job...but you for try wear suit nah. see the others...22 candidates in all...you were the only one in a shirt and chinos.)

From that day, i learnt a valuable lesson, WEAR A SUIT..IT WONT KILL YOU.

1 Like

Re: Must One Wear Suit To An Interview/apptitude Test??? by AjanleKoko: 9:56am On Mar 06, 2013
vanstanzy:

I work for GUINNESS (A MULTI-NATIONAL) and i passed the interview without sporting a suit. All i had to do was dress

corporate and be the best man for the job. wink

See your life.
You did not put on a suit, and then you dressed corporate. Indeed. undecided

Anyway you could be working in the factory floor, abi?
Re: Must One Wear Suit To An Interview/apptitude Test??? by TableLeg(m): 10:37am On Mar 06, 2013
This one right here is a no brainer ...
The fu...cking idio.ts talking nonsense about wearing jeans and tshirts and all sorts of crap are just having a bubble!
Keep it smart full on for your interview and tests, you can never go wrong!
Re: Must One Wear Suit To An Interview/apptitude Test??? by back2sender: 10:50am On Mar 06, 2013
U for wear Iro n Buba go there
Re: Must One Wear Suit To An Interview/apptitude Test??? by iHOT1(f): 1:54pm On Mar 06, 2013
@ OP.........wear jeans and tshirt
Re: Must One Wear Suit To An Interview/apptitude Test??? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Mar 06, 2013
Not compulsory if you already have a high paying job grin
Re: Must One Wear Suit To An Interview/apptitude Test??? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Mar 06, 2013
mariannlove: jst want to knw if its compulsory for one to wear suit to an interview/apptiude test. Pls ur contributions wil be highly appreciated as am preparin for an interview.
U FIT WEAR PANT.... THINK LIKE A PIONEER wink
Re: Must One Wear Suit To An Interview/apptitude Test??? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Mar 06, 2013
maasoap: He didn't wear rag intentionally. The guy always wear suit (everyday) but something happened a day before the schedule interview and he didn't have time to go home and change his dress on the day of interview. Infact, he had to run on foot to make it on time to the venue when there was traffic holdup.

BOTTOMLINE, HE WORE RAGS.
Re: Must One Wear Suit To An Interview/apptitude Test??? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Mar 06, 2013
jackbauersballs: @ OP, wearing a suit to an interview is not really important...

Feel free to wear just Singet, Pant, and Timberland boots to your next interview...
A PAPA AJASCO INTERVIEW SHEY?
Re: Must One Wear Suit To An Interview/apptitude Test??? by Petraman(m): 4:00pm On Mar 06, 2013
Very compulsory cos u're going for a white scholar job and moreover d workers u're going to meet there will also be on suit. So y won't u put on suit.
Re: Must One Wear Suit To An Interview/apptitude Test??? by sixteen08(m): 6:08pm On Mar 06, 2013
Petraman: Very compulsory cos u're going for a white scholar job and moreover d workers u're going to meet there will also be on suit. So y won't u put on suit.

White scholar ke gringringringrin abeg petraman corret dat one ooo and if u purposely put am as a joke den am rotflmao gringringrin
Re: Must One Wear Suit To An Interview/apptitude Test??? by mariannlove(f): 8:29pm On Mar 06, 2013
k, thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Standard Chartered Bank Recruitment March 2017 (9 Positions) / N-Power: Participants That Have Never Been Paid Thread / Is It Worth It? Leaving 50k Job In Ibadan For 150k Job In Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.