Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

Commonwealth Considers Visa-free Regime For Member Nations - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Commonwealth Considers Visa-free Regime For Member Nations (11176 Views)

Nigeria, S/africa Approve Visa Free Regime To Officials / Ecowas Seeks Visa-free Regime With EU / Which Countries Are Visa-Free To Nigeria Citizens? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Commonwealth Considers Visa-free Regime For Member Nations by Nobody: 4:06pm On Mar 05, 2013
Consider am sharply cos i wan jand
Re: Commonwealth Considers Visa-free Regime For Member Nations by Nobody: 4:09pm On Mar 05, 2013
What a Load of horse radish!

Make the likes of Australia (Australia, who goes there?) and UK open door to Naija in the name of commonwealth. Then dem wan consider members of professional bodies. . .

Ok, let's see. . .
Insititute of <fill the space>
Association of <fill the space>
. . .Naaa. Don't see this happening.

Even as door close sef we still dey give them wahala
Re: Commonwealth Considers Visa-free Regime For Member Nations by Legalplayerz: 4:22pm On Mar 05, 2013
It can NEVER happen. Even the EU visa free zone still dey cause problems right now. Commonwealth membership don't really have much value.
Re: Commonwealth Considers Visa-free Regime For Member Nations by seunny4lif(m): 4:39pm On Mar 05, 2013
blink182: don reduce abi e go empty. In my town na only 2 people I know say go remain-myself and one guy like that.
Comot here jooor,which u?Or u mean na u go 1st enter plane?
Re: Commonwealth Considers Visa-free Regime For Member Nations by jidewin(m): 4:42pm On Mar 05, 2013
Okija_juju: This one na wash.. No sane country will open its doors to Nigerians Visa Free.. Even Ghana sef wan begin dey collect Visa from us, talkless of the entire common wealth nations.

1st to comment!!
Laff wan finish me when I saw the headline...visa free!! For Naija...LAILAI...I swear our Intnl Airports will be making triple the money due to OVERBOOKING in one month advance to "ship out".
Re: Commonwealth Considers Visa-free Regime For Member Nations by Boss13: 5:05pm On Mar 05, 2013
ha I dont know if this is a good idea, because nigeria population will reduce to half the first month is it implemented
Re: Commonwealth Considers Visa-free Regime For Member Nations by Nobody: 5:11pm On Mar 05, 2013
una no dey read?. the article said that the visas aol be for diplomats and government officials only. I tire o
Re: Commonwealth Considers Visa-free Regime For Member Nations by AbrantieGH(m): 5:53pm On Mar 05, 2013
Okija_juju: This one na wash.. No sane country will open its doors to Nigerians Visa Free.. Even Ghana sef wan begin dey collect Visa from us, talkless of the entire common wealth nations.

1st to comment!!

Did you say "Ghana sef"? You are refering to your master as "sef".
Re: Commonwealth Considers Visa-free Regime For Member Nations by Nwogbe: 5:56pm On Mar 05, 2013
My post is still hidden why?? Pls kindly give me a reason for hiding my post oo. How can one olodo that calls his or her self mod just decide to hide my post? pls respect urself and kindly restore my post.
Re: Commonwealth Considers Visa-free Regime For Member Nations by COOLDUN: 5:57pm On Mar 05, 2013
Impossible move at a possible meeting. So countries like UK, Canada,Cyprus,Malta, Australia,New-Zealand,will open their borders for all the Common Wealth countries? Impossible, Only India, Bangladesh,Indonesia,Sirilanka, Malaysia,Nigeria,Ghana citizens will abuse the privilege within 24hrs of its introduction.

I later read that it was meant for the politicians,Shylock industrialists, and highly placed citizens of the Common Wealth countries as usual, meaning that other citizens are not recognized in the Common Wealth Countries.

I am appealing to Nigeria president to focus on how to better the lives of Nigerians,by fixing the power, employment, security and education, which are the main reasons Nigerians are migrating to the countries that are not better than our Local Government Areas in Nigeria.

Doing this will bring home many stranded Nigerians all over the world, even at the dead zones all in the name of greener pasture, which have turned out to be reddish pastures to some of them now.

Some of the above mentioned countries are EU and Shengen member nations which will make it more difficult for them to sign this visa free policy. This might even make some of them to pull out from the Common Wealth of Nations which is dominated by the most uncivilized, barbaric and corrupt rulers.

If your home is well kept, what will you be running out to another man's home for? Visa free lost it credibility/purpose many years ago, now crime and corruption are in highest rates, many countries are scared of influx of people. Go and ask Greece in the EU Country.

GEJ, you have all it takes to bring our fugitive citizens home only if you want to do so. Visa free will come by itself when our country is positively restructured and reshaped.

1 Like

Re: Commonwealth Considers Visa-free Regime For Member Nations by AbrantieGH(m): 6:07pm On Mar 05, 2013
Greece is so broke now you can get citizenship if you invest about $100,000 in the country.
Re: Commonwealth Considers Visa-free Regime For Member Nations by Grendel(m): 7:12pm On Mar 05, 2013
angry
I swear I will go with all my family even Bingo my Dog sef go follow me .....

1 Like

Re: Commonwealth Considers Visa-free Regime For Member Nations by Freiburger(m): 7:52pm On Mar 05, 2013
Imagine Nigerians travelling to Australia on a visa-free basis, a very big boost to both economies. cheesy
Re: Commonwealth Considers Visa-free Regime For Member Nations by Okijajuju1(m): 10:44pm On Mar 05, 2013
Abrantie GH:

Did you say "Ghana sef"? You are refering to your master as "sef".

Go and eat stale kenkey jor!
Re: Commonwealth Considers Visa-free Regime For Member Nations by peruso: 12:40am On Mar 06, 2013
AjanleKoko: People should try to read na. The article said 'official and diplomatic passport holders'. embarassed

YES IT TRUE IT SAYS SO, BUT YOU AND I KNOW MY COUNTRY MEN/WOMEN THEY WILL START PAYING OUTRAGOUS AMOUNT JUST TO ACQUIRE THESE PASSPORT.

AS FOR ME 'I GO NO WHERE"

I MUST EAT THE GOOD OF THIS LAND

1 Like

Re: Commonwealth Considers Visa-free Regime For Member Nations by abbakacici: 9:44am On Mar 06, 2013
When singapore was visa nigerian abuses the system smemuch that singapore has to change the policy for only nigeria
Re: Commonwealth Considers Visa-free Regime For Member Nations by jakedes(m): 6:33pm On Mar 06, 2013
Menh...all you guys really don't have any good impression about naija our country...4 all you guys saying crap about naija...with your likes of lazy mentality this country will never be good...what makes you think that we r worst than all these western countries in crime.and corruption..the whites are just brainwashing us...we run down to their and contribute immesly to the economy...both of business and political class....even some African countries use us and grow the economy...go to Ghana or South.Africa..when we begin to have like minds with indians ,Asians and lebanese who travel far and wide but very single thing they make goes back to their country...when we start building that positive con mind...with other countries that use us....i bet you Nigeria will excel...
Re: Commonwealth Considers Visa-free Regime For Member Nations by holyman44: 7:24pm On Mar 06, 2013
Fellow Nigerians let's not lose focus and forget about our potentials.As surely as our God lives,reserve is gonna b d case because we are too blessed and endowed to be in dis present position.just wait and see wat God can do!
Re: Commonwealth Considers Visa-free Regime For Member Nations by cheikh: 7:35pm On Mar 06, 2013
@OP

Nigerians should learn to read and comprehend properly before commenting/assumptions shocked.

Besides, Nigerians never needed entry visa to the UK until the late '80s when the rules/regime changed because Nigeria demanded entry visa for the British and Germans visiting Naija before they retaliated. Nevertheless, Nigerians are not stupid to know that the economic scene have since changed for the worse and are unlikely to want to venture out foolishly. Strict visa regimes induce all manner of malpractices and visa delinquency pervasive amongst Nigerians unlike other Africans despite Naija internal economic advantages over the rest.

(1) (2) (Reply)

FERMA To Repair 36000 Kilometers Federal Roads Nationwide / Bayelsa Government Says Cargo Airport Will Be Complete By August / Should I Migrate Or Remain In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.