Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,606 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:39 AM

CANAN Donates $50,000 To Boko-Haram Victims - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CANAN Donates $50,000 To Boko-Haram Victims (11077 Views)

Soldiers Lead Boko Haram Victims Back To Their Base In Borno State. See Photos / Boko Haram: EU Donates $50 Million To Nigeria / Photo: New Boko Haram Victims: Mass Grave Of Almost 100 Bodies Found In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

CANAN Donates $50,000 To Boko-Haram Victims by Maxymilliano(m): 8:59am On Mar 05, 2013
Tears, As Christians Association Donates To Boko Haram Victims

The Christians Association of Nigerian-Americans (CANAN) today in Abuja gave$50,000 to victims of various Boko Haram attacks across the country to relieve some of their distress, and called on other public spirited individuals and organisations to come to aid of the victims.

Speaking in a press conference, the President of the Association, James Falade, described the agony confronting the victims and relatives of the Boko Haram violence as “pathetic and horrible,” stressing that everybody must contribute to improve their socio-economic well-being.

He said that the association considered it necessary to release the funds in order to cater for various victims who have lost their homes as a result of wanton attacks and destruction by members of the dreaded sect.

One of the victims who narrated his ordeal at the conference was Abila Adamu who was shot in the mouth in Yobe State. He said that he was at home in the night when the assailants came to knock on his door and asked him to come out with his family.

“I asked my wife and the children to come out. They asked me why I decided not to follow their religion and I told them that I am a Christian. They told me that they are working for Allah that if I want to die as a Christian or Muslim and I told them that I am a Christian and I will prefer to die as a Christian. My wife was begging them; she even offered them money if they will spare our lives. The took my money, handsets and wallets and ransacked everywhere. One of them just said, you are wasting our time and the next thing I heard was gunshot in my head. I fell down thinking I am to meet my God and enter into another realm of life but I was able to lift my hand and I told my wife that I am alive. I managed to move and told my wife to give me water but she refused. My children brought water but when i drink it the water was coming down through my perforated mouth. I was taken to the hospital by the security where the surgery was performed on my mouth.”

Another victim, Deborah Shetima, said her husband was shot to death in her presence when they were praying, and their two children taken away.

Deborah, who could not hold back her tears, said that she does not know the where abouts of the children and that the last born was shot three months after the death of her husband.

One pastor who lost eight members of his church in an attack on February 23, 2013, in Kano also narrated how the Islamic sect invaded his church at about 7am and asked the Muslim and Christians to line up. The attackers asked for the names of the individuals and later opened fire on the Christians."

“Thirteen people were killed that day but eight of them were my church members,” he said. “When they told me of the attack I went straight to the church to see things for myself. I did not see anybody around to assist; I was in the middle of corpses and I was told that they have killed other Christians living around the area.”

Another victim who lost five of his brothers in an attack could not talk as tears streamed down his face.

CANAN also called on the Federal Government to stop the unnecessary killings of Boko Haram.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/tears-christians-association-nigerian-americans-canan-donates-boko-haram-victims-viewers-d

http://www.punchng.com/news/ezekwezili-others-weep-as-bharam-victims-recount-woes/

Re: CANAN Donates $50,000 To Boko-Haram Victims by gramci: 9:53am On Mar 05, 2013
Evil satan worshippers

4 Likes

Re: CANAN Donates $50,000 To Boko-Haram Victims by KGB2008: 12:47pm On Mar 05, 2013
Islam is Cancer

18 Likes

Re: CANAN Donates $50,000 To Boko-Haram Victims by ibide(m): 1:08pm On Mar 05, 2013
It's better that both chrisian and muslim goes to war to know the mo powerful among us

2 Likes

Re: CANAN Donates $50,000 To Boko-Haram Victims by Paschal007: 1:52pm On Mar 05, 2013
ibide: It's better that both chrisian and muslim goes to war to know the mo powerful among us
War! Whoa, Lord ...
What is it good for
Absolutely nothing
Good God y'all
Re: CANAN Donates $50,000 To Boko-Haram Victims by Feedmemore(f): 2:10pm On Mar 05, 2013
Wa o! shocked

This is simply an act of atrocious cruelty.
There's no way any just God can be in support of some of the most despicable atrocious crime committed in his name.

I refuse to the believe or accept the slogan that, islam is a religion of peace.

3 Likes

Re: CANAN Donates $50,000 To Boko-Haram Victims by daroz(m): 4:18pm On Mar 05, 2013
Islam is a religion of shit, not even piss

3 Likes

Re: CANAN Donates $50,000 To Boko-Haram Victims by daroz(m): 4:19pm On Mar 05, 2013
daroz: Islam is a religion of shit, not even piss

I wrote sh1t, not poo

1 Like

Re: CANAN Donates $50,000 To Boko-Haram Victims by jimino(m): 5:40pm On Mar 05, 2013
may God comfort nd provide 4 dis pple and grant eternal rest 2 der dead love onces in jesus name. Amen

3 Likes

Re: CANAN Donates $50,000 To Boko-Haram Victims by lacasa: 5:43pm On Mar 05, 2013
This is too bad, may the souls of the dead rest in peace.

May Allah show us the end of this madness anϑ conspiracy.(Ameen).

#... Those insulting Islam anϑ muslims are the few unexposed ignorant nigerians we have left.

Cos, for one christian killed, 2 or more muslims have died in the hands of those doing this.

2 Likes

Re: CANAN Donates $50,000 To Boko-Haram Victims by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:44pm On Mar 05, 2013
[size=32pt]ISLAM AND CHRISTIANITY GET OUT OF THE HOLY LAND OF NIGERIA![/size]

1 Like

Re: CANAN Donates $50,000 To Boko-Haram Victims by YorubaOmoge: 5:46pm On Mar 05, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

I'm a Taoist, should I get out too?

2 Likes

Re: CANAN Donates $50,000 To Boko-Haram Victims by iamswizz(m): 5:47pm On Mar 05, 2013
canaanland?
Re: CANAN Donates $50,000 To Boko-Haram Victims by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:47pm On Mar 05, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge:

I'm a Taoist, should I get out too?

[size=32pt]NO![/size]
Re: CANAN Donates $50,000 To Boko-Haram Victims by iamswizz(m): 5:48pm On Mar 05, 2013
daroz:

I wrote sh1t, not poo
so?
Re: CANAN Donates $50,000 To Boko-Haram Victims by Kadejo(m): 5:50pm On Mar 05, 2013
Emi oni se Jesu! It does not matter wat bokoboko nansence thin do.
God abeg console all the affected.
Re: CANAN Donates $50,000 To Boko-Haram Victims by Nobody: 5:51pm On Mar 05, 2013
NA WAH O. AFTER ALL THIS NA FG WAN STILL NEGOTIATE WITH THEM. cry cry
Re: CANAN Donates $50,000 To Boko-Haram Victims by DTalented(m): 5:51pm On Mar 05, 2013
How much longer, LORD, will you just look on?
Rescue us from their attacks;

Psalm 35:17

5 Likes

Re: CANAN Donates $50,000 To Boko-Haram Victims by Sweetapple007(f): 5:58pm On Mar 05, 2013
They should donate arms thats what the christian need.
Re: CANAN Donates $50,000 To Boko-Haram Victims by WHees(m): 6:02pm On Mar 05, 2013
Maxymilliano: One pastor who lost eight members of his church in an attack on February 23, 2013, in Kano also narrated how the Islamic sect invaded his church at about 7am and asked the Muslim and Christians to line up. The attackers asked for the names of the individuals and later opened fire on the Christians."

PLS CONCENTRATE ON THE BOLDED PART

If i may ask, how do xtians and muslims interact in your domicile? Do muslims attend churches?

6 Likes

Re: CANAN Donates $50,000 To Boko-Haram Victims by Greatken007(m): 6:03pm On Mar 05, 2013
why all this noise?God cannot be mock whatever a man sow that he will reap
Re: CANAN Donates $50,000 To Boko-Haram Victims by mrofficial2(m): 6:04pm On Mar 05, 2013
As they DONATE, BOKO HARAMS are planning to DETONATE.
Re: CANAN Donates $50,000 To Boko-Haram Victims by Greatken007(m): 6:05pm On Mar 05, 2013
No wonder...

Re: CANAN Donates $50,000 To Boko-Haram Victims by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:08pm On Mar 05, 2013
Maxymilliano:

One pastor who lost eight members of his church in an attack on February 23, 2013, in Kano also narrated how the Islamic sect invaded his church at about 7am and asked the Muslim and Christians to line up. The attackers asked for the names of the individuals and later opened fire on the Christians."

liar. what the heck are muslims doing in this church? this article is a fraud. anyways you fellows can continue kiling each other. That is the punishment from your ancestors for abandoning your Gods given tribal religions.
Re: CANAN Donates $50,000 To Boko-Haram Victims by begwong: 6:20pm On Mar 05, 2013
Feed me more: Wa o! shocked

This is simply an act of atrocious cruelty.
There's no way any just God can be in support of some of the most despicable, atrocious, crime committed in his name.

I refuse to the believe or accept the slogan that, islam is a religion of peace.
are u a fan of RYBACK,from yr moniker?
Re: CANAN Donates $50,000 To Boko-Haram Victims by kabba7(m): 6:27pm On Mar 05, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

There is a very interestin line in the news item it says 'the federal government should stop the unnecessary killing of 'percived' Boko Haram I can see that all posters choose not to see that shot comment.
Meanwhile we all should read and reread Gen . TY Danjuma's statement @ABU last week that the north is facing an undecleared civil war he can not be be more factual !
Re: CANAN Donates $50,000 To Boko-Haram Victims by kabba7(m): 6:39pm On Mar 05, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

No poster here seem to read have the short comment by the relive donors that the federal government should stop the unnecessary killing of boko haram terrorist hope its not intentinal.We all should look into Gen. TY Danjuma's comment that the north is facing an declared civil war NLanders might try to look into history books to tell us the outcome of such in other part of the world.
Re: CANAN Donates $50,000 To Boko-Haram Victims by theripper: 6:41pm On Mar 05, 2013
Don't know wat other evidences one needs to see to know Islam is of the devil. Nobody is saying anytin about Mubi killings again, same M.O , winnow the xtains and muslims and murk dem xtains. Still waiting for the day a mosque will b bombed but we have lost count of worshippers killed in churches or churches blown to bits and pieces. Yet we hear the blatant lies that Boko Haram is politically motivated wen d truth is dat a covet Jihad is going on perpetuated by the true worshippers of allah.

3 Likes

Re: CANAN Donates $50,000 To Boko-Haram Victims by Feedmemore(f): 7:33pm On Mar 05, 2013
begwong:
are u a fan of RYBACK,from yr moniker?

Yeah, i'm a fan of Ryback aka "feed me more"
Re: CANAN Donates $50,000 To Boko-Haram Victims by brownlord: 7:38pm On Mar 05, 2013
50 milla dos, abeg wey all this boko haram for NL, abeg wen una won bomb again, make i show the scene, i need even if na 100k dollars make i take arrange my life
Re: CANAN Donates $50,000 To Boko-Haram Victims by rhymz(m): 7:39pm On Mar 05, 2013
Religion is a CURSE seriously. And can the hypocritical Christians here shut the hell up with the their unneccessary tirade against the islam, muslims are equally victimized by these religiously brainwashed looneies. The point here is that religious extremism is dangeroue whether perpetrated by muslims or christians. Fact is, we are all better off without all these religions-christianity, Islam, Hindu and co. Their books and teachings can be vague and susceptible to misinterpretations and extremism. Christians have done their own in the past now it is the turn of Islam to do its own. Religion is a curse!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oil Barons Didn’t Sponsor Us, Saraki, Dogara Reply Akande / FG In Secret Talks With N’delta Militants Despite Failure To Name it Negotiators / Ayogu Eze And The Allegation Of Embezzlement, Opposition Is Not Madness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.