Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,663 members, 7,823,879 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

Two Missing Kids Found Dead In Lagos - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Two Missing Kids Found Dead In Lagos (21184 Views)

Woman Pronounced Dead In Edo Found Alive In Aba / Two Missing Toddlers Found Dead In Lagos After 39 Days / 2 Kids Found Dead In A Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two Missing Kids Found Dead In Lagos by Nobody: 6:30pm On Mar 05, 2013
There are more to d death of this kids, that's all I can say.
Re: Two Missing Kids Found Dead In Lagos by occam(m): 6:31pm On Mar 05, 2013
Royal Roy:
Its possible the car might be one of those with automatic locks....locks up once u slam the door & the poor kids didn't even know where to open the door not to talk of unlock it.

And the kids did not cry out? Surely, the kids will cry hoping somebody will hear them. And this SUV was parked on the street? Story doesn't piece together
Re: Two Missing Kids Found Dead In Lagos by Sike(m): 6:37pm On Mar 05, 2013
[size=25]Why always Lagos?![/size] :-|
Re: Two Missing Kids Found Dead In Lagos by dominique(f): 7:03pm On Mar 05, 2013
Maybe its because I've watched too many crime shows for my own good or cos I have a toddler myself. I'm trying to phatom the situation. How can two toddlers manage to open the door of an suv, climb into it, lock themselves in and suffocate without ANYBODY noticing Already, assumptions have been made that they accidentally suffocated, meaning that the case won't be investigated further. Somewhere out there a deranged psycopath(s) is celebrating his(their) latest achievement. Just can't help but smh for this country.
May God rest the little lads and comfort their families sad

1 Like

Re: Two Missing Kids Found Dead In Lagos by onyeego(m): 7:08pm On Mar 05, 2013
If to say na for southeast dis thing happen.
Shouts of Igbo too like money,Igbo na ritualists, e.t.c for don carry this matter reach 20 pages.

R.I.P to d kids, what a tragic loss. cry Their parents needs serious flogging angry no sensible parent will leave kids of this age unattended.
Re: Two Missing Kids Found Dead In Lagos by Cityguy: 7:12pm On Mar 05, 2013
Too much of RIP these days! How can these innocent souls we waste in this land rest in peace? Too much bloodshed. Ah! God, pls spare me when You visit this land with your judgement.

1 Like

Re: Two Missing Kids Found Dead In Lagos by baby124: 7:23pm On Mar 05, 2013
Why are people saying it is not possible? Boy children can be very naughty, active and adventurous. My brother learnt to move a car at 6, just by watching my dad drive. And he attempted to move it by the way, which ended up damaging the car. See the one that jumped from a building yesterday. It is very possible that they know how to get into a car, but cant get out. Its unfortunate, but it can happen. People just need to take more precaution and watch their kids. Keep things like keys out of their reach. Negligence on the car owners part and the parents part. If the parents are suspicious, i am sure all the police needs to do is ask if the car was locked. Most likely a series of unfortunate events.
Re: Two Missing Kids Found Dead In Lagos by Nobody: 7:23pm On Mar 05, 2013
onye ego: If to say na for southeast dis thing happen.
Shouts of Igbo too like money,Igbo na ritualists, e.t.c for don carry this matter reach 20 pages.

R.I.P to d kids, what a tragic loss. cry Their parents needs serious flogging angry no sensible parent will leave kids of this age unattended.

Shut it you prodigal child of a cannibal...

How do we know that one of your illustrious sons didn't commit this crime on Yoruba soil?

Always quick to tribalise , but slow to reason...

Ediat
Re: Two Missing Kids Found Dead In Lagos by fiolaP(f): 7:34pm On Mar 05, 2013
so sad
Re: Two Missing Kids Found Dead In Lagos by adonisgold: 7:36pm On Mar 05, 2013
All these nairaland detectives, dont let ur imagination run away with you , kids are very adventrous , maybe they were playing hide and seek with some other kids , even some adults find it difficult to open care doors. I have read about something like dat before.
Re: Two Missing Kids Found Dead In Lagos by yorubaedem: 7:39pm On Mar 05, 2013
Very sad
Re: Two Missing Kids Found Dead In Lagos by yorubaedem: 7:40pm On Mar 05, 2013
Sad one hmmmmmmmm
Re: Two Missing Kids Found Dead In Lagos by Nobody: 7:43pm On Mar 05, 2013
Unfortunate
Re: Two Missing Kids Found Dead In Lagos by cowgurl: 7:49pm On Mar 05, 2013
a neighbour did this, simples!
may he or she and their generations reap this in manifolds, AMEN.
Re: Two Missing Kids Found Dead In Lagos by uched218(m): 7:56pm On Mar 05, 2013
This story is watery. A car designated as collateral can not be open for public access. Moreover, the kids in the plcs may not be able to open a house door let alone a door to a jeep. why would the kids get into the car, was it their playground? I have a hunch a family enemy killed & dumped them there trust me.
Re: Two Missing Kids Found Dead In Lagos by doctokwus: 7:57pm On Mar 05, 2013
Geomac: Ketu area of Lagos State was thrown into confusion after the shocking discovery of the corpses of two toddlers, Toheeb Adedokun and Tajudeen Falilu, who disappeared in January.
PUNCH Metro had reported exclusively on January 30, 2013, that the missing children were suspected to have been kidnapped when all efforts to locate them proved abortive.
However, the corpses of the children were found in an abandoned vehicle, two houses away from their parents’ home on Taike Street.
Reliable sources told our correspondent that the vehicle was a Honda Pilot Sports Utility Vehicle which the owner had used as collateral and thus abandoned it.
The source said after the children wandered off, they went into the vehicle and were trapped inside, causing them to suffocate.
He said, “We had searched all over for the children to no avail and assumed they were kidnapped. Even the police thought it was kidnap. Only if we had known that the children were trapped in a vehicle in the next compound, we would have saved them.”
The spokesperson for the state police command, Ngozi Braide, confirmed the discovery to our correspondent on the telephone.

http://www.punchng.com/news/two-missing-kids-found-dead-in-ketu-lagos/
A more rubbish tale cudnt av been told!4give me,but sometimes I do wonder if its that d intellect of some of these reporters in nigeria is so poor or its just poor journalistic skills.How can any human being b told 2kids wandered into a SUV,opened it,locked it back,died inside(frm suffocation as assumed),d corpse stayed for a few days or weeks and wasn't discovered ti now;and d person blives dis tale dat wud evn raise doubts in a 2yr old!Some reporting is so annoying,one feels so disgusted.
Re: Two Missing Kids Found Dead In Lagos by dabossman(m): 8:03pm On Mar 05, 2013
Tinablack: Jst like 2face's song. Ihe n'eme... Things r realy happening. D world is getting evil everyday. D above story about the death of these kids s 2 gud 2 b true.

Well, may their Beautiful soul Rest in peace.

Did you just say "too good to be true?" Didn't that sound odd to you as you were typing it? Abeg o!

That said, the police should investigate this properly, and parents should always be careful not to leave kids of this age unsupervised for too long, or have them wandering around the neighbourhood for that matter. These days I see 6-year olds walking 3-year olds to school unaccompanied by an adult and I'm like..., WTH? angry angry

1 Like

Re: Two Missing Kids Found Dead In Lagos by talktimi(m): 8:05pm On Mar 05, 2013
I own a honda pilot, the doors automatically lock after a few minutes, so how did the children gain access into the vehicle if it had been abandoned there for long ? An autopsy should be carried out on the corpses to ascertain the true cause of death but as usual I expect the police to sweep this case under the carpet. Such a sad case

1 Like

Re: Two Missing Kids Found Dead In Lagos by andyanders: 8:10pm On Mar 05, 2013
talktimi: I own a honda pilot, the doors automatically lock after a few minutes, so how did the children gain access into the vehicle if it had been abandoned there for long ? An autopsy should be carried out on the corpses to ascertain the true cause of death but as usual I expect the police to sweep this case under the carpet. Such a sad case

That is exactly what I am asking for. How can the kids get access to such a car and no one notice them and also as it was claimed that the car was abandoned in which the battery must have been dead and even if they had access, how can they start lucking the car doors. something is wrong somewhere.
Re: Two Missing Kids Found Dead In Lagos by onyeego(m): 8:12pm On Mar 05, 2013
jackbauersballs:

Shut it you prodigal child of a cannibal...

How do we know that one of your illustrious sons didn't commit this crime on Yoruba soil?

Always quick to tribalise , but slow to reason...

Ediat

Sharrrrrap! Anuofia, Always quick to blame d Igbo for ur atrocities.
Ewu Gambia

1 Like

Re: Two Missing Kids Found Dead In Lagos by Nobody: 8:17pm On Mar 05, 2013
Perhaps they told the parent of the kids that they have explored all avenues in finding the children.Infact they might have said they had done their best meanwhile they didn't do jack.If really the Police searched for the kids they would have started their search from the victims immediate environment.Nigerian Police and their investigation department sef

1 Like

Re: Two Missing Kids Found Dead In Lagos by YorubaOmoge: 8:24pm On Mar 05, 2013
Royal Roy:
Its possible the car might be one of those with automatic locks....locks up once u slam the door & the poor kids didn't even know where to open the door not to talk of unlock it.

Stil doesn't answer my "Why" question.

What could have motivated two toddlers to climb into strange "unopened" (because I am SURE the car was not left opened ) cars, blocks away from their home.

Another thing that's nagging me is the car itself. Was it tinted? If it wasn't, then the toddlers should have been seen and rescued from a closed, unopened window car.

If the car had been moved AFTER the toddlers wen't missing, then the owner of the car should have been aware of crying babies or smell of decaying body.

Please they should go and find these children's kidnappers.
Re: Two Missing Kids Found Dead In Lagos by Nobody: 8:25pm On Mar 05, 2013
chingyjant: Perhaps they told the parent of the kids that they have explode all avenues in finding the children.Infact they might have said they have done their best mainwhile they did'nt do jack.If really the Police searched for the kids they would have started their search from the victims immediate environment.Nigeria Police and their investigation department sef

You mean explored not explode, meanwhile not mainwhile, didn't not did'nt. But you try small.
Re: Two Missing Kids Found Dead In Lagos by baby124: 8:27pm On Mar 05, 2013
Tragedy struck recently in Ibeshe area of Ikorodu, Lagos, after two children were found dead inside a car. One of the children, Olamipo Oluwaferanmi Kadiri, who was two years and three months old, was the last child of a management staff of the Lagos State Waste Management Authority, LAWMA while the other child, whose identity could not be ascertained, was a niece who only came visiting during the yuletide season.

Crime Alert gathered that the family resides at Oworo, Bariga area of Lagos. But they usually visited Ibeshe, where they just completed a building of their own, during weekends and festive periods.

Collection of car keys

During one of those visits, the older child who was barely four years old reportedly collected the car key from where it was kept in the sitting room and accompanied by little Olamipo, made straight for the garage where the car was parked.

She reportedly opened the car, went inside with Olamipo and shut the doors with all windows wound up.
*Late Olamipo

*Late Olamipo

Meanwhile, back in the sitting room, Mrs Kadiri reportedly called out on both children when she did not hear their voices for about an hour. A search as gathered, was conducted round the bedrooms apparently thinking they might have slept off in one of the rooms.

https://www.nairaland.com/1169659/2-kids-found-dead-car

Have we forgotten ^^ this case so soon. To try to get into a kids head to understand the things they do, is just. lipsrsealed. Nothing that is not play. smiley
Re: Two Missing Kids Found Dead In Lagos by FXKing2012(m): 8:31pm On Mar 05, 2013
The owner of the abandoned SUV should be held accountable and sued for endangering the public.
Re: Two Missing Kids Found Dead In Lagos by Nobody: 8:33pm On Mar 05, 2013
Keneking:

You mean explored not explode, meanwhile not mainwhile, didn't not did'nt. But you try small.
Thanks for your correction.It was as a result of typing fast

1 Like

Re: Two Missing Kids Found Dead In Lagos by YorubaOmoge: 8:36pm On Mar 05, 2013
FXKing2012: The owner of the abandoned SUV should be held accountable and sued for endangering the public.

Let's be serious, who abandons an SUV for almost a month in NIgeria?
Re: Two Missing Kids Found Dead In Lagos by Lucasbalo(m): 8:42pm On Mar 05, 2013
May God rest their souls in peace.
Re: Two Missing Kids Found Dead In Lagos by favinvest: 8:44pm On Mar 05, 2013
Poor parenting. Why will a parent let kids of dat age out of their sight esp. D mother
Re: Two Missing Kids Found Dead In Lagos by victorazy(m): 8:51pm On Mar 05, 2013
Deiok: Very sad story. They are just kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Can one realy get suffocated inside a car?.

Yes sir!!!
Very very real that people suffocate and die inside car while still asleep.
When ur in the car with all the window closed, ur preventing free flow of oxygen which means the little oxygen in the car will be consumed by the inn mate in a shtest tim
e filling the vacuum with Carbon Dioxide and the brain can't feed with it. The brain will shutdown after 4-5 minute without oxygen leaving the inn mate dead. So whenever u leave someone inside car or ur sleeping inside car, make sure u put on ur AC or don't fully lock the windows to allow air vent.
Re: Two Missing Kids Found Dead In Lagos by chocopearl(f): 9:11pm On Mar 05, 2013
swtcharissa: what a question,do ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ KϞ0w some kids do not actually knw hw T̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ open a car?n plz from d pics connote their ages
and u think they wont cry 4 help wen dey noticed they were trapped. This story is jst baseless i cnt believe dat buh one thing i strongly believe is dat d people behind dis act will b faced wit greater pain dan d one dese kids parents re passing tru now.
RIP lil ones
Re: Two Missing Kids Found Dead In Lagos by Rawar: 9:12pm On Mar 05, 2013
l
na lesson for mum. but pilot honda open at lagos street hmn(rome) na liet shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ogun Pastor, Akinsanya Welcome Twins After 18 Years / Mom Drives Away With Her 5-weeks-old Baby On Top Of Car / How Much Will Take You Through The Week?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.