Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,872 members, 7,817,570 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Pistorius' Father Accuses South-Africa Of Racism - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Pistorius' Father Accuses South-Africa Of Racism (11286 Views)

Oscar Pistorius: The Final Countdown / Pistorius Crushed His Girlfriend's Skull Before Shooting Her / Shocking Facts Of Pistorius' Murder Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pistorius' Father Accuses South-Africa Of Racism by morpheus24: 7:56pm On Mar 08, 2013
eddy1977:

Yes sir. Didn't move to Angola,but have Angola heritage.
I don't believe that it takes a white man to help us. Not all. We have all it takss to be as successful and powerful.
I just dont like the hate and xenophobia card. Tribalism,racism,xenophobia and all manners of prejudice will only keep us in the crapper.
Like the great MLK said: man shouldn't be judged based on the color of his skin,but on the content of his character. That's my heart.
People are free to be xenophobic as long as they keep it to themselves.

It's obvious from the heat i got on this thread that our brothers from Zuidafrika have serious anger bottled up in their chest. Can you imagine what these folks could have done to me if i was in the same room with them?

Brother, that xenophobia thing burns me upinside like crazy. I have travelled many a country in Africa, America, the carribean and the EU and the saddest place I have been concerning the mutual respect of black people in general is SA, which is why it bothers me so much

Then again you ahve to look at the history of the country in relation to other struggling "black nations" and see that its isolation contributes to the ignorance of the people especially the ones from township areas. This includes White Afrikanner people as well.

From the wise words of Dr DRE Chronic 2001 " When you let animals out cages/ its dangerous /to people who look like strangers"
Re: Pistorius' Father Accuses South-Africa Of Racism by eddy1977(m): 8:48pm On Mar 08, 2013
morpheus24:

Brother, that xenophobia thing burns me upinside like crazy. I have travelled many a country in Africa, America, the carribean and the EU and the saddest place I have been concerning the mutual respect of black people in general is SA, which is why it bothers me so much

Then again you ahve to look at the history of the country in relation to other struggling "black nations" and see that its isolation contributes to the ignorance of the people especially the ones from township areas. This includes White Afrikanner people as well.

From the wise words of Dr DRE Chronic 2001 " When you let animals out cages/ its dangerous /to people who look like strangers"

True. Couldn't agree more.
Talking about the dark history of south africa; its kinda flimsy because Namibia,Zimbabwe,etc.. Have an almost similar history with south africa. But the degree of xenophobia is not as bad in those countries like it is on SA.

I can understand people trying to keep their genes among themselves like Ethiopians,eritreans,somalis etc... I have been lucky to munch on some Ethiopian chicks,but they made it known to me from day one:no pregnancy here. Which is ok. But i have never seen Ethiopians hating other africans with a passion like our Zulu/Xhosa brothers do.
Even surprising,white South Africans today are very mellow and more accepting of us. I have friends in roodeport,rustenburg and vanderbilj park;white guys who let me in their homes.we barbecue,hug and exchange business ideas easily without malice.
But for some reason,no matter how nice you are to our kindred,they will still remind you to pack your bags (begz:zulu accent),and go "baeck" home. I am like,what d heck! After sharing my food and money,all you do is ask me to fold back?
Re: Pistorius' Father Accuses South-Africa Of Racism by morpheus24: 8:54pm On Mar 08, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Da fuq, anyway you right m bilingual.
And no one chased me/us, we are all proud Cameroonian, from North to south and West to East

so you say madam... so you say
Re: Pistorius' Father Accuses South-Africa Of Racism by Nobody: 9:02pm On Mar 08, 2013
morpheus24:

so you say madam... so you say
seek help. Madam? sad shocked
Re: Pistorius' Father Accuses South-Africa Of Racism by morpheus24: 9:06pm On Mar 08, 2013
eddy1977:

True. Couldn't agree more.
Talking about the dark history of south africa; its kinda flimsy because Namibia,Zimbabwe,etc.. Have an almost similar history with south africa. But the degree of xenophobia is not as bad in those countries like it is on SA.

I can understand people trying to keep their genes among themselves like Ethiopians,eritreans,somalis etc... I have been lucky to munch on some Ethiopian chicks,but they made it known to me from day one:no pregnancy here. Which is ok. But i have never seen Ethiopians hating other africans with a passion like our Zulu/Xhosa brothers do.
Even surprising,white South Africans today are very mellow and more accepting of us. I have friends in roodeport,rustenburg and vanderbilj park;white guys who let me in their homes.we barbecue,hug and exchange business ideas easily without malice.
But for some reason,no matter how nice you are to our kindred,they will still remind you to pack your bags (begz:zulu accent),and go "baeck" home. I am like,what d heck! After sharing my food and money,all you do is ask me to fold back?

I have done a lot of business in SA as well mainly in the Joburg and Pretoria area and I can confirm what you are alluding to. It is very sad that the "suspicion" in part by SA's towards other Africans is very overt ut then again the only image they have of Africans in general are poor traveling immigrants so most assume everyone that comes to SA is of that nature and the ones who are rich or well to do got the money through some unscrupoulous manner.

It all boils down to ignorance and most Black south Africans are not well travelled( this is not generalizing) hence they perception.

I was reading a long walk to freedom a while back ago and noticed a chapter where Mandela had visited an African country during the struggle days where the pilot, the engineers and almost everyone that operated the airport were Black. He was greatly astonished and felt a sense of sadness for his people.

Reflecting now on that chapter, I come to understand the plight of many black south africans and the ingrained reasons why they are the way they are and will simply avoid ignorance where I see it rare its ugly head and if that means associating more with "White" South Africans then so be it for my own safety and sanity.

NB: there are SA's who are not like this but they are clearly in the minority but remain a beacon of hope for the country. I know my own country has many issues but i will never shy away from exploring the reasons for its complexities. It is easier to say "pack your bags and go Baeck" than to introspectively examine your society.
Re: Pistorius' Father Accuses South-Africa Of Racism by morpheus24: 9:07pm On Mar 08, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: seek help. Madam? sad shocked

maybe you are a monsieur, no??

Same difference my anglophone speaking fake cameroonian
Re: Pistorius' Father Accuses South-Africa Of Racism by Nobody: 9:13pm On Mar 08, 2013
morpheus24:

maybe you are a monsieur, no??

Same difference my anglophone speaking fake cameroonian
how m I a fake Cameroonian undecided
Re: Pistorius' Father Accuses South-Africa Of Racism by morpheus24: 9:16pm On Mar 08, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: how m I a fake Cameroonian undecided
Not wanting to go off topic but ask yourself why you are constantly here on an anglo speaking forum and you are cameronian.

How many senegalese, burkinabe, congolese or malians do you see on this forum?
Re: Pistorius' Father Accuses South-Africa Of Racism by Nobody: 9:18pm On Mar 08, 2013
morpheus24:
Not wanting to go off topic but ask yourself why you are constantly here on an anglo speaking forum and you are cameronian.

How many senegalese, burkinabe, congolese or malians do you see on this forum?

grin grin village boy, I'm on a lot of forum.
And to answer your question I see a lot of non naijan here, so what's your point?
Re: Pistorius' Father Accuses South-Africa Of Racism by Nobody: 9:19pm On Mar 08, 2013
There are Anglophone in Cameroon ,get educated lipsrsealed
Re: Pistorius' Father Accuses South-Africa Of Racism by morpheus24: 9:28pm On Mar 08, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: There are Anglophone in Cameroon ,get educated lipsrsealed
Ptshewwwwww!!!
Re: Pistorius' Father Accuses South-Africa Of Racism by Nobody: 9:34pm On Mar 08, 2013
morpheus24:
Ptshewwwwww!!!
nothing to say already? grin grin shocked
Re: Pistorius' Father Accuses South-Africa Of Racism by morpheus24: 10:16pm On Mar 08, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: grin grin village boy, I'm on a lot of forum.
And to answer your question I see a lot of non naijan here, so what's your point?

If you still don't get the point then you are dense.
Re: Pistorius' Father Accuses South-Africa Of Racism by Kairoseki77: 12:43am On Mar 09, 2013
EDDY...you are white.

White people like to go around the internet pretending to be other races so they can get away with saying quasi-racist things.

There is an online forum (much more popular than Nairaland) called Stormfront. It is run by neo-nazis, white supremacists, etc and they promote this strategy heavily.

I don't know if I can post links to other sites, but look up Stormfront on google.

It's ok Eddy...you don't have to hide who you are.

PS - Eddy you messed up when you started talking about Ethiopia. When white nationalists found out that human beings are decended from ancient Ethiopians they set out on a mission to try to convince the world that Ethiopians are not really black. About 90% of the time when you see Ethiopians saying they 'hate bantus' and other ridiculous stuff online, it is really a white person in disguise. I have been to Ethiopia and not a single one considers themselves anything other than black.

Look at this video below, and tell me what you think.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zPSO4REesc

1 Like

Re: Pistorius' Father Accuses South-Africa Of Racism by Nobody: 12:47am On Mar 09, 2013
Michaeljones36: EDDY...you are white.

White people like to go around the internet pretending to be other races so they can get away with saying quasi-racist things.

There is an online forum (much more popular than Nairaland) called Stormfront. It is run by neo-nazis, white supremacists, etc and they promote this strategy heavily.

I don't know if I can post links to other sites, but look up Stormfront on google.

thanks 4 the info, it makes sense
Re: Pistorius' Father Accuses South-Africa Of Racism by Kairoseki77: 12:51am On Mar 09, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: thanks 4 the info, it makes sense

I posted this after you responded, but check it out:

PS - Eddy you messed up when you started talking about Ethiopia. When white nationalists found out that human beings are decended from ancient Ethiopians they set out on a mission to try to convince the world that Ethiopians are not really black. About 90% of the time when you see Ethiopians saying they 'hate bantus' and other ridiculous stuff online, it is really a white person in disguise. I have been to Ethiopia and not a single one considers themselves anything other than black.

If you don't believe me, start watching at around 50 seconds in this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zPSO4REesc
Re: Pistorius' Father Accuses South-Africa Of Racism by Nobody: 1:03am On Mar 09, 2013
Damn just visited the site, lmao they are sick ,Africans suffer Lmaooooooo grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Pistorius' Father Accuses South-Africa Of Racism by Nobody: 3:35am On Mar 09, 2013
Re: Pistorius' Father Accuses South-Africa Of Racism by eddy1977(m): 4:00am On Mar 09, 2013
Michaeljones36: EDDY...you are white.

grin

Look at this video below, and tell me what you think.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zPSO4REesc

grin grin lol

No, i an not white. I am a citizen of the world.
Maybe my example was poorly put. The point i was trying to make was simply: xenophobia and racism are bad. However people are free to have preferences. If a black man/woman says that he/she can never marry a yellow or red person;i would respect their choice. But if he/she says: black people should not marry red/green people,then i have a very big problem with that thinking.

In the case of this thread, i was voicing my opinion on the bigotry of our black South African brothers. I will be ok with them not wanting to associate themselves with the rest of us. But i am not ok with their xenophobia and hatred of the rest of the world. I didn't make anything up. The entire world saw on television how hundreds of African immigrants were rounded up with clubs,knives,guns by the zulus/xhosas.
Now,that is sickening.

1 Like

Re: Pistorius' Father Accuses South-Africa Of Racism by Kairoseki77: 5:03am On Mar 09, 2013
eddy1977:

grin grin lol

Maybe my example was poorly put. The point i was trying to make was simply: xenophobia and racism are bad. However people are free to have preferences. If a black man/woman says that he/she can never marry a yellow or red person;i would respect their choice. But if he/she says: black people should not marry red/green people,then i have a very big problem with that thinking.

In the case of this thread, i was voicing my opinion on the bigotry of our black South African brothers. I will be ok with them not wanting to associate themselves with the rest of us. But i am not ok with their xenophobia and hatred of the rest of the world. I didn't make anything up. The entire world saw on television how hundreds of African immigrants were rounded up with clubs,knives,guns by the zulus/xhosas.
Now,that is sickening.

Maybe you should be more concerned about the European football fans throwing bananas at black players. Or the Russian hooligans who kill, gang 'molest', and discriminate against foreign students.
Re: Pistorius' Father Accuses South-Africa Of Racism by Dibiachukwu: 5:24am On Mar 09, 2013
eddy1977:

grin grin lol

Now,that is sickening.

It can never be by force to integrate. I am african and I say no to the interracial freak show going on in this world now. It is destroying my race and my people. It is a taboo.
Re: Pistorius' Father Accuses South-Africa Of Racism by Dibiachukwu: 5:30am On Mar 09, 2013
Michaeljones36:

Maybe you should be more concerned about the European football fans throwing bananas at black players. Or the Russian hooligans who kill, gang 'molest', and discriminate against foreign students.
Why should anyone in his/her right senses go to russia? If you are there, you should be ready to defend yourself. All this is not news. Where I am, I am ready for any eventuality. I think the right thing to do is to educate potential immigrants in African countries, so that they would know what to expect. I am pretty sure, I would not leave Nigeria, if anybody told me the truth about these countries.
Re: Pistorius' Father Accuses South-Africa Of Racism by Nobody: 7:58pm On Mar 12, 2013
My Good Friend Morpheus Clearly Appears to be Showing Symptoms of Becoming Senile of Some Sort.
Re: Pistorius' Father Accuses South-Africa Of Racism by morpheus24: 5:04am On Mar 13, 2013
♥Royal♥Charm♥:
My Good Friend Morpheus Clearly Appears to be Showing Symptoms of Becoming Senile of Some Sort.

SCATTER>>>FLUBBEr>>>GAGAGUgu....Romario....ATlanta 94...Supercalifrajalistic,,==...Garri...moimoi......PAPILUWE!!!!
Re: Pistorius' Father Accuses South-Africa Of Racism by eddy1977(m): 5:40am On Mar 13, 2013
morpheus24:

SCATTER>>>FLUBBEr>>>GAGAGUgu....Romario....ATlanta 94...Supercalifrajalistic,,==...Garri...moimoi......PAPILUWE!!!!
grin grin grin grin
Re: Pistorius' Father Accuses South-Africa Of Racism by AwodwaGyanOniwe: 10:39am On May 06, 2013
@Morpheus24

I have been reading your threads and think u have some interest in Xhosas
Im Ghanaian(Larteh woman, today shes a teacher in the Eastern Cape) and South African descent/Xhosa(doctor) father who went to exile in UK. Most people don't know that APARTHEID IS ABOUT PROPAGANDA. For example coloured people in Cape Town were made to believe that Xhosas were new to Cape Town. That is highly untrue.

[b]SA History

Source: cape-slavery-heritage.iblog.co.za
The earliest Xhosa connections to the Western Cape

Dominant discourse amongst white South Africans and to some extent amongst Coloured people too, tends to portray that the Xhosa are alien recent arrivals in Cape Town. The facts are very different, showing deep kinship ties between Coloured and Xhosa people. There was no Chinese wall between Khoi and amaXhosa as colonial ignorance of local culture and white nationalist propaganda suggested.

In the 1650s at the time of the arrival of Jan van Riebeeck, the Western Cape Quena (Khoi) honoured the Chobona (or Coboqua, or Khoebaha) King as their paramount chief. AmaXhosa visitors and traders frequented Quena camps and intermarriage was widespread

The Chobona were one of two wealthy mixed Xhosa-Quena polities based in the Eastern Cape and stretching in influence to the Western Cape which they considered to be their lands and was accepted by Quena chieftainships in the Cape Peninsula. (the other was the Gonaqua) This was acknowledged by Jan van Riebeeck in his writings but something that was never acknowledged by modern white historians until the 1980s when some academics finally broke the mould. Van Riebeeck refers to the Khoebaha as ‘supreme ruler of the whole Hottentot (Khoi) race` and ‘overlord of all the kings and chiefs of the country`. The erroneous notion of the Xhosa being alien to African culture in the Western Cape was an ideological construct which emerged much later to justify white claims to land unpopulated by black people who were then magically separated as a ‘race` from Khoi people

The hierarchy of Quena tribes and clans in the South Western Cape saw the Gorachoqua and other small splinter groups of Peninsulars being subject to the chieftainship of the Goringhaiqua. Of equal status to the Goringhaiqua were the Guriqua also known as the Chariguriqua, and both were subjects of the Chainoqua regional chieftainship. The Chainoqua were extensively intermarried with the amaXhosa. The amaXhosa regularly frequented Chainoqua camps, traded and shared know-how. The Chainoqua, like the Hessequa, Chamqua, Omaqua Attaqua, Caqua and Houtunqua all were subject to the Hamcumqua (or Inqua) King. The Hamcumqua in the Central Cape also had strong Xhosa relationships. From the time of Xhosa monarch Togu (1590-1620) the From the time of Xhosa monarch Togu (1590-1620) the Hamcumqua in turn honoured the paramount status of the Chobona in the east. Note: This outline does not cover in detail the Namaquas of the North Western Cape except in showing that the Attaqua and other groups also regarded the Hamcumqua and Chobona as paramount authority. But the Namaqua also had strong relationships with the Tswana-Bricqua.

While official histories of the past project that slave labour was used ‘instead of` Khoi labour, it is reported as widespread that in the new territories of Paarl, Franschhoek, Stellenbosch and on frontier farms, farmers supplemented scarce slave labour with Khoi labour. Adam Tas reported in 1705 the use of teams of Khoi men moving from farm to farm to participate in harvesting. Others report on Khoi having children with slaves on their farms. The neat boxes of separation projected by ideologically doctored history unfortunately still resides in many minds and can be found to be widely projected in tourism materials today. In the period 1652-1700 much of Dutch settler contact with the amaXhosa, other than shipwreck survivors, was through Quena interlocutors. Their initial contacts and agreements were with fairly petty chiefs quite low down in the ranking order. Only in 1867 the King of the Hamcumqua initiated direct contact by sending an emissary to the Cape government. His brother Gaukou of the Hessequa also opened up communication directly with Governor Simon van der Stel. European direct contact with the amaXhosa thereafter replaces the Khoi-Xhosa relationship as the main means by which amaXhosa arrive in the Peninsula. A series of aggressive incursions of Europeans into Xhosa territory began in 1702 with a group of mercenaries and continued over the next two centuries. AmaXhosa would end up as prisoners and pressed labour in Cape Town until the Apartheid regime introduced pass laws and Coloured-White labour preference policies in the Cape after 1948. Far from the oft repeated refrain that Xhosa people only started coming to the Western Cape from the former Bantustans in recent years and should be regarded as aliens, all the evidence shows that the Xhosa have a historical relationship as old as everybody else in the Western Cape. The incident of 1702 is when fourty-five white mercenaries, (mainly unmarried men from the lower echelons of white society financed by a wealthy farmer) each accompanied by a Khoi servant left Stellenbosch for deep into the eastern interior. They launched an unofficial raid into Xhosa territory killing many Xhosa and Hamcumqua in their path and seized many cattle. It is likely that some prisoners would have been taken as this was common practice for various practical reasons. While officially frowned upon by the VOC authorities many wealthy farmers benefitted from these raids as it improved their breeding stock. The record of this first act of aggression is recorded in the raiders account of the raid entitled[/b]
Re: Pistorius' Father Accuses South-Africa Of Racism by AwodwaGyanOniwe: 10:49am On May 06, 2013
@Morpheus24
Heres another helpful map of AFRICAN GROUPS DNA SAMPLES. Whites for obvious reseans they are left OUT grin grin grin grin grin grin

Orange:Niger-Congo Group
Green:Khoisan

http://scienceblogs.com/geneticfuture/wp-content/blogs.dir/274/files/2012/04/i-274aeb3170f0cfcbbc64f4bbc5cecb0f-tishkoff_africa_map.jpg

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

African Group Drums Support For Phil Murphy's Re-election As New Jersey Governor / Usa Economy Is Falling / Taliban Drops Ultimate Meme On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.