Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,715 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:49 PM

Happy Easter, 2008! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Happy Easter, 2008! (1160 Views)

Happy Easter To All Nairalanders / Happy Easter! What Should Be The Perfect Response? / Happy Easter To Every Nairaland Member! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Happy Easter, 2008! by drrionelli(m): 8:54pm On Mar 20, 2008
Many are the fine people I have met here at nairaland.com! Let me take a moment to thank you for making my visits here meaningful, informative and generally delightful!

For those who will be marking this weekend as the Easter holidays, please allow me to wish you the most joyous of celebrations of this very special time to you!

By the way, inasmuch as I live in the US, may I ask how Easter is celebrated in Nigeria? Surely some sacred and secular practices are the same as in my part of the world, but no doubt some are also different. Please share and enlighten, if you will!
Re: Happy Easter, 2008! by Gamine(f): 9:01pm On Mar 20, 2008
Well, we go to church on Sunday.
eat Rice n Chicken/turkey whichever makes u sleep well.

There are always Easter Carnivals
and stuff
People go to the same places they always go undecided
in Lagos for example,

Alpha beach
Bar beach
Badagry beach
Lekki beach e.t.c

Silverbird, the Palms, City mall

Nothing much jare.
Re: Happy Easter, 2008! by JeSoul(f): 9:06pm On Mar 20, 2008
A Very Happy Easter to you to drrionelli!
Here in Boston, we'll go to church Friday night for communion service. Sunday morning will be easter sunday service and we'll be celebrating Resurrection Sunday!!!!
PRAISE GOD!!!! for His son Jesus coming to die for our sins!
Re: Happy Easter, 2008! by Nobody: 9:09pm On Mar 20, 2008
Happy Easter everyone. Take as may kisses as you want kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Happy Easter, 2008! by Gamine(f): 9:19pm On Mar 20, 2008
eeew
Spitbombs tongue

I forgot to mention
there is what they call Holy Clubbing
its done in times like this lipsrsealed
Re: Happy Easter, 2008! by Nobody: 9:48pm On Mar 20, 2008
Take more spitbombs tongue kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss cool
Re: Happy Easter, 2008! by drrionelli(m): 7:39pm On Mar 21, 2008
Gamine:

eeew
Spitbombs tongue

I forgot to mention
there is what they call Holy Clubbing
its done in times like this lipsrsealed
Please--elaborate for us a bit, Gamine!
Re: Happy Easter, 2008! by Gamine(f): 8:29pm On Mar 21, 2008
Holy Clubbing

simply clubbing that takes place during

festive seasons such as this.

You go less on alcohol and dancing

mostly you talk and eat.
Re: Happy Easter, 2008! by olabowale(m): 8:44pm On Mar 21, 2008
@the ladies: Between JeSoul and Gemine, I had to do a tossup. But neither of you ladies won. Sisi JeSoul, please take responsibility for your own soul. No bearer of burden will bear the burden of another. Jesus carried his own proverbial "Cross." You should carry your own, too.

Gemine. Holy clubbing? The demise of your lord called for a celebration or great sorrow? Think about it. If a god/deity was killed, is that god truly God? Never. It reminds me of the Thunder worshippers of Yorubaland. They play with the people who did not believe in the first place. Scaring the daylight out of those people. (The say shango oba koso!).

Come to think of it, they say Shango hung. And they don't want anyone to repeat it. Wow. Idolatry at its core!

Where is Nwando today? I just want to tell you that I have 52 Good Fridays a year! You only have one for the worst kinda reason; death of your God!
Re: Happy Easter, 2008! by Gamine(f): 8:52pm On Mar 21, 2008
Sir,

its Gamine.

Thank you smiley

All my Fridays are Good Fridays

But if i decide to celebrate this one

What is the cause for alarm?

You talk about it being a demise, if he just died, he couldnt hv been God anyways

But Jesus Died and Rose up again and is Seated Above with the Father!

IF you dont believe that, like i know you dont

Evrything you believe sums up == 0

i'm sorry.
Re: Happy Easter, 2008! by olabowale(m): 9:26pm On Mar 21, 2008
@Gamine: Sorry that i spelled the name wrongly. It was not intentional. Your summation about Jesus seating in heaven can not be proven, or can it? What type of chair, etc? I just curious. You just dont say it and expect me to yuk it up. Seating in heaven; which heaven in the 7 heavens?

Further, my belief is not in question here. My condition is with the Creator, alone. I seek His Mercy, alone. I seek His help, alone. I depend on Him, alone. I am very satisfied with Him as my Protector.

Again, my apology on the misspell.
Re: Happy Easter, 2008! by kobe(m): 9:30pm On Mar 21, 2008
Happy Easter !!!!!! !!!! !!!!!!

Stop feeding people erroneous information.

He's alive AMEN
He's alive
Jesus is alive {FOREVER}
He's alive, AMEN.

Thank you God!
Re: Happy Easter, 2008! by Gamine(f): 9:39pm On Mar 21, 2008
Olabowale.

its ok

You are just funny.

What type of chair?

LOL.

Jesus is Alive

Thats all you need to know.
Re: Happy Easter, 2008! by JeSoul(f): 9:53pm On Mar 21, 2008
olabowale:

@the ladies: Between JeSoul and Gemine, I had to do a tossup. But neither of you ladies won. Sisi JeSoul, please take responsibility for your own soul. No bearer of burden will bear the burden of another. Jesus carried his own proverbial "Cross." You should carry your own, too.

LOL. . . cheesy Oga Olabowale, I have had a very long and stressful day at work, but you managed to make me laugh with that comment so thank you! since I've been around all these oyinbos, nobody has refered to me as sisi in a long time cheesy
Don't worry for us Christians today is a day of victory - you might think we are down becos its the remembrance of the death of Christ BUT we know what comes after His death - HIS RESURRECTION!!! grin so therefor there's nothing for us to be sad about, only to celebrate and remember.

(1) (Reply)

When Should A Born Again Christian Be Baptised? / Secularism, The Nigerian Nation And Development / 27 Minutes To Midnight 2012 Edition/elisha Goodman- Day Six

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.