Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,074 members, 7,852,658 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 10:59 PM

Bode George Tried In Error - DPP Olatigbe - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bode George Tried In Error - DPP Olatigbe (6911 Views)

Court Orders That Alleged Nyanya Bombers Be Tried In Camera / Soldiers Open Fire On Borno Governor’s Convoy In Error / Ibori Will Still Be Tried In Nigeria,’ Efcc Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bode George Tried In Error - DPP Olatigbe by miqos02(m): 3:34pm On Mar 06, 2013
after how many years?
Re: Bode George Tried In Error - DPP Olatigbe by Omen100(m): 3:34pm On Mar 06, 2013
HVILLE: inside dis hot sun,somepeople wan start season3 of bode thief,ok now i dey watch ooo God help dis country

d matter tire me ooooooo bros.
Re: Bode George Tried In Error - DPP Olatigbe by hardbody: 3:38pm On Mar 06, 2013
The implication is that his criminal status is reversed, he is now being propped up for future elective positions. I hail this failed country. As said elsewhere, God owes me a personal explanation for creating me a Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Bode George Tried In Error - DPP Olatigbe by tchaik(m): 3:42pm On Mar 06, 2013
hardbody: The implication is that his criminal status is reversed, he is now being propped up for future elective positions. I hail this failed country. As said elsewhere, God owes me a personal explanation for creating me a Nigerian.

#Church
Re: Bode George Tried In Error - DPP Olatigbe by FindOut(m): 3:43pm On Mar 06, 2013
WHY is the AGF requesting for records of a fiat to prosecute Bode George from the DPP's office at this time??

WHY didnt the DPP notify the court that convicted Bode George back then during trial that Bode George wasnt supposed to be prosecuted? Was the then DPP sleeping or was the Office on vacation?? Or perhaps they were not aware of the trial??

Could this really be a grand design to present Bode George as a 'clean' man who was 'wrongly' prosecuted thereby justifying his high status in the ''corruption-fighting'' President's party??

They dare not. However, I wont be surprised if we see more 'revelations' /'discoveries' proving many other things about top PDP members soon which may include that the current NPA Chairman may have been 'wrongly' accused of embezzling billions of naira in road contracts.

Afterall, EFCC today can say that neither GEJ nor his wife was ever investigated for corruption while they were at Government House Yenagoa :\

Time will tell though.

Funny country, this is.
Re: Bode George Tried In Error - DPP Olatigbe by julius0098: 3:49pm On Mar 06, 2013
Let's wait for Festus Keyamo's side of the story first. I'm sure he will soon respond to this. From his response we shall know the truth. Be that as it may,one is being tempted to ask: is it the attorney general's fiat that is more important or the fact that the allegation was well established and proven against Chief Bode George beyong reasonable doubt? This question begs for answer
Re: Bode George Tried In Error - DPP Olatigbe by TonySpike: 4:13pm On Mar 06, 2013
[size=14pt]...and yet, PDP (Nigerian version) is set to release another blockbuster movie titled, "THE PARDON OF CHIEF GEORGE"[/size].

Release date yet to be announced. I hope y'all watch it in IMAX 3D at the nearest neighbourhood cinema... grin grin grin

#Nigeria is a movie

1 Like

Re: Bode George Tried In Error - DPP Olatigbe by Dee60: 4:16pm On Mar 06, 2013
O je nka iyanu lo ju mi! Haba, Naijeria!
Re: Bode George Tried In Error - DPP Olatigbe by slimming: 4:21pm On Mar 06, 2013
it is a strategy of the govt to issue him a state pardon.
Re: Bode George Tried In Error - DPP Olatigbe by nokingasgod: 4:30pm On Mar 06, 2013
lekanolas: Indications have emerged that the former chairman of Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) Chief Olabode George, may have been tried in error by the Lagos State High Court, which sentenced him to two years imprisonment for contracts splitting and inflation in 2009.

Revelation by the Acting Director of Public Prosecution of the Federal Government, Mr. O.T Olatigbe, according to documents made available to National Mirror shows that there was no fiat from his office ordering the trial of George, a former National Vice Chairman (South- West) of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Olatigbe, in a response to a memo by the office of the Attorney-General of the Federation (AGF), Mohammed Adoke, which requested for the fiat upon which the trial was based, said there was no record of any such fiat with his office.

It will be recalled that a Lagos State High Court, Ikeja division, presided by Justice Joseph Oyewole, had convicted George and five others over alleged contracts splitting and inflation and slammed them with a two-year jail term without option of fine.

They include the former Managing Director of the NPA, Arc. Aminu Dabo; Captain O. Abidoye; Alhaji Abdulahi Aminu Tafida; Alhaji Zanna Maidaribe and Engr. Sule Aliyu who was joined as 6th defendant after the charge was amended.

The DPP in the memo dated February 25, 2010, stated: “I contacted the legal adviser of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mr. Chile on phone and he told me that the Lagos State Attorney-General, gave EFCC the fiat to prosecute Chief Bode George at the Lagos State High Court, since the offence is a state offence and that no fiat was issued Mr. Festus Keyamo, and that it was the commission that engaged him for the matter, based on the fiat issued to it.

“Based on the above premise, it is my humble submission that EFCC failed to secure a fiat for Festus Keyamo to represent a Federal Government agency in court, and that action alone is fatal to the trial of Chief Bode George, for it is only a legal officer in the employment of the Federal Ministry of Justice or under the employment of EFCC that can prosecute any matter for EFCC without a fiat,” he said.

He also stressed the fact that the Federal Ministry of Justice always deploy competent legal officers to EFCC to prosecute its cases.

The AGF had in a memo dated April 16 with reference no: HAGF/ EFCC/2010/1/47 and addressed to the chairman of the EFCC, requested to be furnished with “details of any fiat issued to Mr. Festus Keyamo to prosecute the case against George in the High Court of Lagos State and also defend the appeal arising therefrom to this office immediately.”

Read more on:
Source: http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/bode-george-tried-in-error-says-dpp/

Hmnnnnnn, preparing a belated soft-landing for Bode George. The Almighty, getting set to wipe away the transgression of a benefactor and make his sheet clean and bathe him with Hysop leaf. Nigeria we hail theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Re: Bode George Tried In Error - DPP Olatigbe by Nobody: 4:33pm On Mar 06, 2013
omaigala: O God of creation

Direct our noble cause

Guide our leaders right

Help our youth the truth to know

In love and honesty to grow

And living just and true

Great lofty heights attain

To build a nation where peace

And justice reign.
if only God can answer this prayer ASAP. WE PEAY THEE O LORD.
Re: Bode George Tried In Error - DPP Olatigbe by bakila: 4:37pm On Mar 06, 2013
Qa
julius0098: Let's wait for Festus Keyamo's side of the story first. I'm sure he will soon respond to this. From his response we shall know the truth. Be that as it may,one is being tempted to ask: is it the attorney general's fiat that is more important or the fact that the allegation was well established and proven against Chief Bode George beyong reasonable doubt? This question begs for answer

You head they there. Someone creating a room for a de furto to escape. Someone should have said first to comment to this comic story to make it complete. I laff in fait and italian.
Re: Bode George Tried In Error - DPP Olatigbe by cjfavour(m): 5:24pm On Mar 06, 2013
This magic started when bode george was given a job in pdp south west. Now adke want to conclude it. GEJ govt will continue like this unless adokie is removd as AGF. Aondoakaa is better than this sorry of a human being.
Re: Bode George Tried In Error - DPP Olatigbe by otokx(m): 5:35pm On Mar 06, 2013
They should give him a national award that is if he does not have one.
Re: Bode George Tried In Error - DPP Olatigbe by Haywhymido(m): 5:48pm On Mar 06, 2013
e be lyk se dey don tell us anoda story again. Bode george - d 1st celebrated thief n prisoner in nigeria, even church n pastors celebrate im. Did thanks giving service for a man dat return frm prison,wen dey suppose chase am comot,even pdp did. wetin i no go c fr nigeria.land of corruption n disorderness. Wia thevies r celebrate n praise.SMH
Re: Bode George Tried In Error - DPP Olatigbe by Nobody: 6:23pm On Mar 06, 2013
omenka: The disease that afflicts this country is a terminal one. The nation is on deathrow.

BITTER TRUTH
Re: Bode George Tried In Error - DPP Olatigbe by Nobody: 6:33pm On Mar 06, 2013
even if all Nigerians are fools one thing is certain- I AM NOT A FOOL.
a state high court convicted him but he refused to appeal the case even to the supreme court but gladly accepted to do his 2years in jail so as to keep the looted #100BN to himself without even given some to his legal team for appeal and after graduating from kirikiri now another thief is telling us that the bigger thief was tried in error and my question remains -WHY DIDN'T THIEF OLABODE GEORGE APPEAL THE RULING BUT GLADLY ACCEPTED THE JUDGEMENT AND WENT TO DO HIS 2YEARS I.T IN KIRIKIRI?

HE HAD A RIGHT TO APPEAL BUT HE CHOSE TO WORK AWAY RATHER THAN USING HIS LIFELINE WHICH WAS APPEALING TO SUPREME COURT THAT'S IF HE LOSES AT THE APPELLATE COURT

this people really see Nigerians as fools ooo that's why they tell us any rubbish that comes to their mind.

IM NOT DUMB.
Re: Bode George Tried In Error - DPP Olatigbe by me1234: 7:30pm On Mar 06, 2013
Can you see what i see, hmmmmmm i see Tinubu going to jail before 2015 election. government magic don start. I dey laugh
Re: Bode George Tried In Error - DPP Olatigbe by OmoTier1(m): 7:53pm On Mar 06, 2013
me1234: Can you see what i see, hmmmmmm i see Tinubu going to jail before 2015 election. government magic don start. I dey laugh
GEJ will be history before tinubu even goes near any jail. wink A government that shields criminals and has an AGF who is a known criminal is equally CRIMINAL undecided
Re: Bode George Tried In Error - DPP Olatigbe by Ilekokonit: 9:40pm On Mar 06, 2013
The Devil was a Nigerian Politician.
Re: Bode George Tried In Error - DPP Olatigbe by Remii(m): 9:52pm On Mar 06, 2013
Demdem: It doesn't change anything, he remains "tewonde" George.

Olabode tewon de oju teni ti ko lo, e dobale, e tutu ba.
Re: Bode George Tried In Error - DPP Olatigbe by Lerin(f): 8:21am On Mar 07, 2013
azyaq:
gbam

Africa magic joo, they think we are all fool just like them, no wonder the organised a welcome party for a common prisoner of stelling. God punish them all.
Re: Bode George Tried In Error - DPP Olatigbe by Lerin(f): 8:34am On Mar 07, 2013
My pple
I see no reason we shoul give this a seriou attention, it is crital clear pdp is preparing him for smthg come 2015. But the fact is that Olabode Ibiyinka George is criminal, prisoner and a fraud. Am sure he has a carry over of PRIS 201 and will surely go back to KIRIKIRI.
Re: Bode George Tried In Error - DPP Olatigbe by Nobody: 9:07am On Mar 07, 2013
exbash: abeg oo wetin be fiat ? am not a learner lipsrsealed

Means "consent to prosecute"
Re: Bode George Tried In Error - DPP Olatigbe by kabba7(m): 9:15am On Mar 07, 2013
This is a very sorry story the AGF is only trying to rehabilitaate this thief to prepare him for an appointment maybe as the next national chairman of pdp after all if thief Tony Ameni can today be the BOT chairman nothing should stop that kirikiri graduate ( Bode George ) from ascending the chairmanship position

(1) (2) (Reply)

Video Evidence: When Buhari Promised To Make $1 Equal N1 In 2015. / Gbajabiamila: Nigeria Is Our Only Country, Let's Unite For Peaceful Coexistence / Lagos | Okobaba/agbowa Re-development | Masterplan | Preparation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.