Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,566 members, 7,955,100 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:54 PM

Dangers Of Recommending Someone To A Client - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Dangers Of Recommending Someone To A Client (672 Views)

What Are The Dangers Of Buying Already Made Facebook Pages And Twitter Handles / A Client Offered Him 1 Million For Three Websites. Should He Take It? / Ebook: A Client's Guide To Web Design/development Projects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangers Of Recommending Someone To A Client by Nobody: 4:36pm On Mar 06, 2013
Sometimes, you really do think you are doing someone a favor when infact you are shooting yourself in the leg, because i have been in school, i couldn't take jobs and do them easily so i decided to pass them off to a friend who i felt will handle it well, only for the guy to collect half deposit and mess at the job, and the annoying ish is that my name is now the one connected with the whole issue, just wanted others to share my experience because at the end of the day i will have to complete the job to save my name.
Re: Dangers Of Recommending Someone To A Client by yawatide(f): 5:08pm On Mar 06, 2013
2 things that ruin any relationship: Money and women (if you are a man, men, if you are a woman).

Sometimes, it pays to pay more to someone who, based on reputation, can get a job done than pass it off to a friend/acquaintance. As Warren Buffett once said, "It takes 20 years (or whatever it is he said) to build your reputation and 20 seconds to lose it)". Hopefully, you recover with yours in tact.
Re: Dangers Of Recommending Someone To A Client by Nobody: 5:26pm On Mar 06, 2013
^ i do hope so, i am working on the site right now, and the annoying aspect is that i have way too much projects on my hand from school and this wasn't a project i was supposed to take, but i don't want my name mentioned here for scam so i have no choice than to fix the f*ck of the guy, but this i promise i won't ever recommend anyone, its quite embarrassing you needed to see the mail, like i was a fraud.
Re: Dangers Of Recommending Someone To A Client by Nobody: 5:28pm On Mar 06, 2013
but thanks for listening.... embarassed yawa

(1) (Reply)

Social,professional And Business Networking Site. / Dangers Of Local Web Hosting Service / SMS Technology Will 21 Year Old On Dec. 3rd!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.