Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 - Sports (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 (84418 Views)

Nigeria Vs DR Congo (0 - 2): Int'l Friendly On 8th October 2015 / Nigeria Vs Ethiopia (2 - 1): Int'l Friendly On Saturday, January 4, 2014 / Jordan Vs Nigeria - (1 - 0) International Friendly On 28th October 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by Chrisbenogor(m): 4:47am On Jun 01, 2013
tbaba1234:

Possibly, but it doesn't change the fact that the goals were soft.
This is why SAF bought that dude, tracking him is practically useless in the box. Leave this match go watch Chelsea VS Utd the 3-3 game, DO NOT WATCH JUST THE GOALS, watch the dudes movement. Asides from this movement he is almost a "useless" player, but put him in the box and he will get missing until he scores the goal.

Overall though I would give the both defenders at the back a 6 today, not because they did not have the talent but more cause they lacked the composure, or you want Yobo back? grin grin grin
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by Nobody: 4:48am On Jun 01, 2013
we need yobo back..before you crucify me listen.

we dont need to play him EVERY GAME. we just need a leader who can instruct and inspire the young ones. as a captain, he can do exactly that. once we build a solid defence, we can replace him. if you notice, most teams with good defence has the captain as a defender or a (defensice) midfielder.
eg:
lahm- germany
pirlo- italy
thiago silva-brazil
etc
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by Nobody: 4:48am On Jun 01, 2013
I.Joan:
Let's see what happens next with Kenya.. June 5th!!!
You have got no underdog excuse because according to FIFA we are yards ahead of Kenya!!!!

And it is no friendly!!!

Naija lose to Kenya? I laugh in Togolese. I no go think am. That one is unacceptable and Keshi knows it too lol.
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by UyiIredia(m): 4:48am On Jun 01, 2013
I.Joan:

For a team aiming to be the best!!!
This was not particularly impressive undecided

Yes ! Just keep in mind we don't have a strong home league to dole out much needed quality players. That a good portion of our team consists of foreign-based players who aren't hitmen for their clubs is telling.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by Chrisbenogor(m): 4:49am On Jun 01, 2013
shymexx:

Tell me about it, bro. grin That's how you know those who actually played football to certain level. The ability to see what most can't see on the football pitch. I played football up to uni level, and I played a few games for my uni as well.

You're spot on about the engine room. That's where all the dirty work is done, and where the defense and attack start. Claude Makelele played that to highest level. Same with the likes of Lothar Matthäus, [size=18pt]Diego Simeone, Dunga,[/size] Edgar Davids, Deschamps, Viera, Rijkaard and Roy Keane.

Choiiiiiii you don scatter my head this night, the main bros dem you don call them finish.....come where Pep na? Be like you be Madrid fan ni, tok make I draw my sword now now now grin grin grin
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by Nobody: 4:49am On Jun 01, 2013
shizzle11:

Yeah u can't compare the two but at the moment, Mikel is stil d best for that role for Nigeria

Probably because he's the most experienced of the lot. But there's absolutely nothing special about his style-of-play.

Chelsea will dump him to the bench next season as well.
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by solomon111(m): 4:50am On Jun 01, 2013
Chrisbenogor:
bros na wa for you, some people watch to see messi dribble or Cristi play free kick. In my days I played at right back with the occasional "No 4" as we called it those days which was basically Box-Box, support left right attackers and full backs, I felt the pain. Each time I watch football my eyes naturally go to the engine room, and these days there are so many different variants.

Claude Makelele was the definition of that role, not making silly lunging tackles or running with no purpose for 90 minutes, he read the game and made the very very annoying interceptions (kai I hated him the most at chelsea) While that yeye terry and co were taking Glory the silent workhorse was Claude.
yeah,makalele was a legend.
I still can't understand why madrid threw him away.
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by splashbaby(m): 4:50am On Jun 01, 2013
portage:

THANK YOU JARE MY BROTHER......It is all about TEAM SPIRIT (organization and coordinnation)!
The person na lady!

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by UyiIredia(m): 4:50am On Jun 01, 2013
ogugua88:

Naija lose to Kenya? I laugh in Togolese. I no go think am. That one is unacceptable and Keshi knows it too lol.

I recall a draw on home soil being unacceptable yet it occurred. Just be ready for anything !
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by Nobody: 4:50am On Jun 01, 2013
Chrisbenogor:
Choiiiiiii you don scatter my head this night, the main bros dem you don call them finish.....come where Pep na? Be like you be Madrid fan ni, tok make I draw my sword now now now grin grin grin

Lmaooo.. Guardiola was alright - but he defo can't lace the boots of Dunga, Simeone, and Lothar Matthaus!!! grin I doubt he can lace the boots of Makelele as well. tongue
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by EasyLam(m): 4:51am On Jun 01, 2013
Bravo Eagle
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by supaeagles(m): 4:51am On Jun 01, 2013
solomon111: US deny me visa?
Dem no born them well,lol.
I was there last year for the wedding of my cousin,so no big deal.
I don't hate the US,abeg o.
I don't want CIA triangulating my location and disappearing me.
Why do you think the the US and mexico are not very close,and there is a bit of hostility between them.?
Go figure.
Bros - there is no hostility b/w USA and Mexico. They are strong economic partners ..... ask una people for USA . They will give you the low down.
CIA no go disturb you - you de bring tourism dollars into USA wink
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by Chrisbenogor(m): 4:52am On Jun 01, 2013
shymexx:

Lmaooo.. Guardiola was alright - but he defo can't lace the boots of Dunga, Simeone, and Lothar Matthaus!!! grin I doubt he can lace the boots of Makelele as well. tongue
Hahahahahahhaa
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by Nobody: 4:52am On Jun 01, 2013
Uyi Iredia: I recall a draw on home soil being unacceptable yet it occurred. Just be ready for anything !

Well, unacceptable doesn't mean it can't occur. We won't swallow that pill without being verbal. That's what I meant. We should spank them.
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by Nobody: 4:52am On Jun 01, 2013
solomon111: yeah,makalele was a legend.
I still can't understand why madrid threw him away.

Bruv, no regrets. That was Chelsea's gain.

Makelele changed Chelsea forever!!! God bless him and the ever dependable Carvalho. tongue
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by Nobody: 4:54am On Jun 01, 2013
Chrisbenogor:
Hahahahahahhaa

We don't see footballers like those guys anymore, to be honest.
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by shizzle11(m): 4:55am On Jun 01, 2013
shymexx:

Probably because he's the most experienced of the lot. But there's absolutely nothing special about his style-of-play.

Chelsea will dump him to the bench next season as well.

Well, at least u agree he's most experienced of d lot. Even if chelsea dumps him, he loses nothing, for now he's still a chelsea player

Keshi had better got his plans right against Kenya, anything short of a convincing victory will be unacceptable and I'm sure he knows this more than anyone does. Good luck to him and Nigeria.

Nice morning everyonegrin

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by Chrisbenogor(m): 4:58am On Jun 01, 2013
shymexx:

We don't see footballers like those guys anymore, to be honest.

I quite agree with you, what I think though is that as teams move to "unorthodox" formations the duties of the role gets modified and in the process some of the other stuff is lost. If there is a midfielder who tends to sit deep and spread passes i.e. Deep lying playmaker pirlo et al that role has to change.

In all football has really changed sha since boys from brazil.... grin grin grin
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by Nobody: 4:59am On Jun 01, 2013
shizzle11:
Well, at least u agree he's most experienced of d lot. Even if chelsea dumps him, he loses nothing, for now he's still a chelsea player

Keshi had better got his plans right against Kenya, anything short of a convincing victory will be unacceptable and I'm sure he knows this more than anyone does. Good luck to him and Nigeria.

Nice morning everyonegrin

When did Kenya start playing football?

We should thrash Kenya easily, to be honest.

Their best player(Victor Wanyama) plays for Celtics grin
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by UyiIredia(m): 5:00am On Jun 01, 2013
Chrisbenogor:
Nor vex bros but Chicha is the best in the box striker since Ruud Boy, if you know any better please tell me, I would eat my words.

Now why don't you think Van Persie is a better box striker than Chicarito. I ask since you rate Chicarito the best.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by UyiIredia(m): 5:02am On Jun 01, 2013
shymexx:

When did Kenya start playing football?

We should thrash Kenya easily, to be honest.

Their best player(Victor Wanyama) plays for Celtics grin

My God ! Some people are yet to realize that the days of underdogs is long gone.
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by Nobody: 5:03am On Jun 01, 2013
I.Joan:

Nigeria is the AFCON champion!!!!!
AFCON is in the same league with CONCACAF!!!
I dare to say that the AFCON is way better than CONCACAF angry angry angry

Stop giving excuses for Nigeria's unimpressive performance!!!
I have no problem with the draw but Nigeria could have done way better!!!
and ur forgetting that mexico are the olympic champs beating brazil with neymar and oscar and hulk in da team
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by UyiIredia(m): 5:04am On Jun 01, 2013
ogugua88:

Well, unacceptable doesn't mean it can't occur. We won't swallow that pill without being verbal. That's what I meant. We should spank them.

I thought you hate flogging !
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by Nobody: 5:05am On Jun 01, 2013
Chrisbenogor:
I quite agree with you, what I think though is that as teams move to "unorthodox" formations the duties of the role gets modified and in the process some of the other stuff is lost. If there is a midfielder who tends to sit deep and spread passes i.e. Deep lying playmaker pirlo et al that role has to change.

In all football has really changed sha since boys from brazil.... grin grin grin

Yeah, that might be part of it, but that doesn't negate the fact that we don't really see natural born footballers, like we had in the past, anymore. From strikers, to midfielders, to defenders. I think the Germans are keeping the GK role alive, though.

Heck, since USA 94, the World Cup has become boring as hell. I grew up in the 90s, and thank God I watched the 94 world cup as kid. And did watch Italian 90, Mexico 86 etc. on video tapes and later on youtube. Those guys back then made football interesting. Their technical awareness, footballing skills, agility etc..
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by solomon111(m): 5:05am On Jun 01, 2013
Yaya toure annoys me to no end.
He's the only reason why mancity have becomes chelsea's boogey team.
He just bullies our players around.
Now i know how arsenal fans felt when drogba was around.
A player like makelele would have tamed him.
A strong DM like fellaini is a priority this season..
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by Nobody: 5:07am On Jun 01, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

My God ! Some people are yet to realize that the days of underdogs is long gone.

There will always be under-dogs in football if you select your best talents. If the opposite were the case, then San Marino, Cyprus, Northern Ireland et al wouldn't be the whooping boys of Europe. Kenya isn't a footballing nation and we should smash them 10 out of 10 times, if we can select our best talents.
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by Nobody: 5:09am On Jun 01, 2013
Uyi Iredia: I thought you hate flogging !

You take things too literally.

shymexx: There will always be under-dogs in football if you select your best talents. If the opposite were the case, then San Marino, Cyprus, Northern Ireland et al wouldn't be the whooping boys of Europe. Kenya isn't a footballing nation and we should smash them 10 out of 10 times, if we can select our best talents.

Chei. San Marino. You just reminded me of the time they lost 13-0 to Germany lol. I so agree with the bolded.
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by supaeagles(m): 5:10am On Jun 01, 2013
shymexx:
Heck, since USA 94, the World Cup has become boring as hell. I grew up in the 90s, and thank God I watched the 94 world cup as kid. And did watch Italian 90, Mexico 86 etc. on video tapes and later on youtube. Those guys back then made football interesting. Their technical awareness, footballing skills, agility etc..
Actually the World Cup may look boring because the quality of club football , UEFA etc has improved and is followed a lot .
There is nothing like the world cup though - national pride is always bigger than affiliation to a club (which can even change).
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by solomon111(m): 5:11am On Jun 01, 2013
shymexx:

There will always be under-dogs in football if you select your best talents. If the opposite were the case, then San Marino, Cyprus, Northern Ireland et al wouldn't be the whooping boys of Europe. Kenya isn't a footballing nation and we should smash them 10 out of 10 times, if we can select our best talents.
True.
Anything less than 5-0 demolition is a failure as far as am concerned.
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by Nobody: 5:11am On Jun 01, 2013
solomon111: Yaya toure annoys me to no end.
He's the only reason why mancity have becomes chelsea's boogey team.
He just bullies our players around.
Now i know how arsenal fans felt when drogba was around.
A player like makelele would have tamed him.
A strong DM like fellaini is a priority this season..

@ the bolded - defo. Mikel is Yaya Toure's wife lool.

Fellani is going to Man Utd. But I think Essien should be back to his best next season.
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by Nobody: 5:15am On Jun 01, 2013
well done to the guys!
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by hoochay: 5:16am On Jun 01, 2013
just woko up frm my bod,abeg when be the match

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (Reply)

J.J Okocha Disguises As A Cleaner In Lagos (Photos, Video) / Nina Farooqi Sacked From Her Job After Being Caught On TV At Euro 2020 (Photos) / Timothy Moten Quit His Job For Anthony Joshua To Defeat Andy Ruiz Jnr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.