Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,249 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:40 AM

Christians Deviated - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians Deviated (752 Views)

Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? / Divorce Rates Amongst Born-again Christians Compared To Other Groups / Love Dilemma ( Strictly For Born Again Christians) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians Deviated by shdemidemi(m): 2:19pm On Mar 07, 2013
A popular scene in the secular World is the Worship of creatures like Snake, the Sun, The moon,carved objects etc. We as Christians don't do this. A better God has made himself known to us by our inner consciousness through His eternal power and divinity-- The God that created heaven and earth and all the creatures within it.

But, there is an opposition (devil) camp that knows fully well that we would not bow before these things. He would then come in a subtle manner as if He is part of the church with all sort of trickery to deviate the church from God's will.

Many of the new generation believers have inherited the effects (false doctrine) of the work of the devil. Most Christians are Christians because they find themselves there by birth. They remain loyal to the tradition which has been laid down by their immediate environment without going back to the source. Unfortunately, most acclaimed churches operate under the dogma of the evil one.

How did I come to this conclusion? The gospel has shifted/moved from what it was thought by the Apostles of Christ who pioneered it. Even after strict warnings from Apostle Paul that we should stand firm on the foundation and the traditions which has been laid.

Men have concocted all sorts of doctrine to satisfy the flesh. God has now been relegated to the back while our needs and desires matters more to us. WE DEVIATED.

Prosperity doctrines pull believers than any other. Miracles, Signs and Wonders Ministry coupled with Spiritual warfare with the devil and enemies are now the most appealing to Christians. Gospel music with melody that moves us and not God takes more time in our gathering (Some Christians choose their churches based on the quality of the music). WE DEVIATED

The supposed men of God sit on the holy of holy seats like God-- The Pope forgive sinners who make confessions to him, some other collect tithes and offerings for Gods blessings in exchange, some talk as if God speaks to them in person and not through the Book (Bible), Some boast about their riches: many come to them, not to know God but for the deceit of riches--they are told to pray/fast for their own riches to be delivered (They come for the wrong reasons). WE DEVIATED

They pervert the word of God to suit their lust of the flesh, lust of the eyes and the pride of life. They moved the church from its root- They put us back in the bondage of the law, They put a vail upon our hearts. WE DEVIATED

Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 2 Corinthians 3:17.
I beseech us (Christians) as a part of a body of Christ to be
.Be objective
.ask questions
.divide the word of God rightly(know what is written to you as a child of the light)
.renew your mind/perspective
.Listen to the real gospel- A true teacher is invaluable.(not necessarily where its most convenient or the closest to your house)

2 Likes

Re: Christians Deviated by Goshen360(m): 6:00pm On Mar 07, 2013
God bless you brother for this Grace filled article - We shall preach and teach in season\out of season.
Re: Christians Deviated by Nobody: 6:01pm On Mar 07, 2013
100% perfectly said !
Re: Christians Deviated by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:19pm On Mar 07, 2013
^ ^ ^

Here are the gathering of the vultures. See them patting themselves in the back shocked

"Wherever there is a carcass, there the vultures will gather"
(Matthew 24:28).
Re: Christians Deviated by Goshen360(m): 6:21pm On Mar 07, 2013
^^^

grin grin grin Well done! grin grin grin
Re: Christians Deviated by alexleo(m): 9:18pm On Mar 07, 2013
Yeah i agree with your points but take an exception on the issue of tithe.
I still insist, there is nothing wrong in giving tithe. What may be wrong is the way some churches go about it.
Thanks.

shdemidemi: A popular scene in the secular World is the Worship of creatures like Snake, the Sun, The moon,carved objects etc. We as Christians don't do this. A better God has made himself known to us by our inner consciousness through His eternal power and divinity-- The God that created heaven and earth and all the creatures within it.

But, there is an opposition (devil) camp that knows fully well that we would not bow before these things. He would then come in a subtle manner as if He is part of the church with all sort of trickery to deviate the church from God's will.

Many of the new generation believers have inherited the effects (false doctrine) of the work of the devil. Most Christians are Christians because they find themselves there by birth. They remain loyal to the tradition which has been laid down by their immediate environment without going back to the source. Unfortunately, most acclaimed churches operate under the dogma of the evil one.

How did I come to this conclusion? The gospel has shifted/moved from what it was thought by the Apostles of Christ who pioneered it. Even after strict warnings from Apostle Paul that we should stand firm on the foundation and the traditions which has been laid.

Men have concocted all sorts of doctrine to satisfy the flesh. God has now been relegated to the back while our needs and desires matters more to us. WE DEVIATED.

Prosperity doctrines pull believers than any other. Miracles, Signs and Wonders Ministry coupled with Spiritual warfare with the devil and enemies are now the most appealing to Christians. Gospel music with melody that moves us and not God takes more time in our gathering (Some Christians choose their churches based on the quality of the music). WE DEVIATED

The supposed men of God sit on the holy of holy seats like God-- The Pope forgive sinners who make confessions to him, some other collect tithes and offerings for Gods blessings in exchange, some talk as if God speaks to them in person and not through the Book (Bible), Some boast about their riches: many come to them, not to know God but for the deceit of riches--they are told to pray/fast for their own riches to be delivered (They come for the wrong reasons). WE DEVIATED

They pervert the word of God to suit their lust of the flesh, lust of the eyes and the pride of life. They moved the church from its root- They put us back in the bondage of the law, They put a vail upon our hearts. WE DEVIATED

Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 2 Corinthians 3:17.
.Be objective
.ask questions
.divide the word of God rightly(know what is written to you as a child of the light)
.Listen to the real gospel- A true teacher is invaluable.(not necessarily where its most convenient or the closest to your house)

Re: Christians Deviated by Goshen360(m): 9:30pm On Mar 07, 2013
alexleo: Yeah i agree with your points but take an exception on the issue of tithe.
I still insist, there is nothing wrong in giving tithe. What may be wrong is the way some churches go about it.
Thanks.

Abeg comot for road jor. Or better still go sidon grin You think say I no sabi you just dey change I.D anyhow. Na because you be my friend\brother, that's why I dey look\leaf you o. grin The way you glue to this tithe thing ehnn, no be small thing o grin
Re: Christians Deviated by alexleo(m): 10:25pm On Mar 07, 2013
Goshen360:

Abeg comot for road jor. Or better still go sidon grin You think say I no sabi you just dey change I.D anyhow. Na because you be my friend\brother, that's why I dey look\leaf you o. grin The way you glue to this tithe thing ehnn, no be small thing o grin

BROS I NO DEY CHANGE I.D. AM VERY COMFORTABLE WITH alexleo AND I VE USED IT OVER THE YEARS.
As for the tithe thing, my position is that you ve made your points why you are against it and we too have our own points. You believe you are right and i also believe am right. The next best thing to do which is my choice is for the Holy Spirit to guide us aright. Am not a pastor or church worker that benefits from tithe rather am the one that gives tithe from my money and am not complaining about it. When am giving my tithe i dont even care about whether am going to get or not. My own is to do what the bible said. You said that non tithers are also making money and progressing in life and you are right. And if i can follow some of your lines of argument i can also say that it is because we are living in the time of grace that the curses pronounced upon non tithe givers are not meted on them just like an adulterer or rebellious/disobedient people etc are not struck dead by God now as it was in the old testament because of grace. yet that doesnt make those sins right. And what do you say to an atheist who says that his life is very ok without God? Does that make atheism right? Everybody have reasons to support his stand so I choose to follow the holy Spirit guide and my advice to all tithers is to continue except if anyone feels the holy Spirit's conviction to stop. THAT IS MY STAND.

1 Like

Re: Christians Deviated by Goshen360(m): 10:44pm On Mar 07, 2013
So we that teach against tithing for Christians are not following the Holy Spirit abi? My brother, the Holy Spirit cannot contradict the word. He uses the written word to guide us into all truth. You can give whatever you want to church or the kingdom of God but please don't say you're tithing after all, whatever one gives is a 'certain' percent whether 2 or 3,5,6,9,10,15,17% etc, it's still a certain percent but stop calling it tithe. It carries a sense of following the law of Moses and not Grace.
Re: Christians Deviated by italo: 10:48am On Mar 08, 2013
shdemidemi: The gospel has shifted/moved from what it was thought by the Apostles of Christ who pioneered it. Even after strict warnings from Apostle Paul that we should stand firm on the foundation and the traditions which has been laid.

shdemidemi: The Pope forgive sinners who make confessions to him,

John 20: 22 And with that he breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit. 23 If you forgive anyone’s sins, their sins are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven.”

It seems like the popes and priests are practising the tradition of the apostles and you are the one against it.

What do you think?
Re: Christians Deviated by shdemidemi(m): 11:07am On Mar 08, 2013
@ ALEXLEO..
Our stand is that we are a body of Christ. We are part of a new covenant - which started after the resurrection where Christ was declared the son of God.
At this point, the laws of the old testament seized to apply to the believers of the resurrection of Christ.
But a veil still lies on the hearts of even those who believe; The veil needs to b lifted 2cor3:12-17.

We are free to choose God in his fullness or reject him.
The choice is yours..no force
But if u don't choose God...Unnatural things become natural to you--because you will be operating with a reprobate/debased mind

If you choose God...Do it out of free will, look for him, know him

The gospel is simple my friend, we should not complicate it.

As for tithing- This was under the law
Apostle Paul or Peter never told believers to pay tithes to them
They mentioned giving gifts though (There was famine in Jerusalem, the church had to send gifts to the saints there)

Giving gifts to our pastors and teachers is very good and scriptural.
Re: Christians Deviated by shdemidemi(m): 11:44am On Mar 08, 2013
@italo

Jesus was talking to his Disciples/Apostles and his disciples alone here...not u nor me nor the pope or any pastor.
Re: Christians Deviated by alexleo(m): 12:39pm On Mar 08, 2013
Goshen360: So we that teach against tithing for Christians are not following the Holy Spirit abi? My brother, the Holy Spirit cannot contradict the word. He uses the written word to guide us into all truth. You can give whatever you want to church or the kingdom of God but please don't say you're tithing after all, whatever one gives is a 'certain' percent whether 2 or 3,5,6,9,10,15,17% etc, it's still a certain percent but stop calling it tithe. It carries a sense of following the law of Moses and not Grace.

NA U SABI. (THOUGH YOU MADE A LITTLE MORE SENSE NOW). I DONT WANT ANY HINDERANCE AT HEAVEN'S GATE THATS WHY I KEEP SAYING THAT I CHOOSE TO RESORT TO THE HOLY SPIRIT.
Re: Christians Deviated by italo: 2:48pm On Mar 08, 2013
shdemidemi: @italo

Jesus was talking to his Disciples/Apostles and his disciples alone here...not u nor me nor the pope or any pastor.

Do you mean Jesus was giving the power to forgive and retain sin to only the people who were present in the room?
Re: Christians Deviated by shdemidemi(m): 4:14pm On Mar 08, 2013
Yes...Jesus gave them the gospel and in the gospel lies the power to forgive amongst other powers.
Re: Christians Deviated by shdemidemi(m): 4:32pm On Mar 08, 2013
The powers were just to the 11 special messengers. Therefore, no miracle would happen through the name of Christ if they are not present. All the powers (miracle,signs and wonders )seized after a while.
You will now see Apostle Paul tell Timothy to drink wine to ease his pain and all that.
No man at this present time has the power to do miracles,forgive e.t.c
All the powers Jesus gave them were SIGNS e.g (when u travel, u see signs that lead u to whr u r going). They were temporal.
Re: Christians Deviated by italo: 5:20pm On Mar 09, 2013
shdemidemi: The powers were just to the 11 special messengers. Therefore, no miracle would happen through the name of Christ if they are not present. All the powers (miracle,signs and wonders )seized after a while.
You will now see Apostle Paul tell Timothy to drink wine to ease his pain and all that.
No man at this present time has the power to do miracles,forgive e.t.c
All the powers Jesus gave them were SIGNS e.g (when u travel, u see signs that lead u to whr u r going). They were temporal.

First of all, have you noticed that all your fans who cheered you on have suddenly backed off?

My dear, you are grossly misinformed about the gospel. You were wrong about 'confession' and you are wrong about miracles.

Mark 11:23: “Truly I tell you, if ANYONE says to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and does not doubt in their heart but believes that what they say will happen, it will be done for them.

John 14:12: "I tell you the truth, ANYONE who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father."

Did you see that?! "ANYONE!!!" "ANYONE!!!"

You just keep contradicting Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Christians Deviated by Ubenedictus(m): 5:47pm On Mar 09, 2013
shdemidemi: A popular scene in the secular World is the Worship of creatures like Snake, the Sun, The moon,carved objects etc. We as Christians don't do this. A better God has made himself known to us by our inner consciousness through His eternal power and divinity-- The God that created heaven and earth and all the creatures within it.

.Be objective
.ask questions

correction d pope doesnt hear confessions or forgive sins. Mayb u shuld replace d word pope with bishops and priest.
Re: Christians Deviated by Ubenedictus(m): 5:52pm On Mar 09, 2013
shdemidemi: @italo

interesting!! And ridiculous!! Did grace end with d apostles/disciple? If it was given at all, then it was given till d church fully reassembles in heaven. Since when did grace start hooking? If d apostle laid hands on people to continue d ministry then the gift has been passed on!
Re: Christians Deviated by Ubenedictus(m): 5:55pm On Mar 09, 2013
italo:

First of all, have you noticed that all your fans who cheered you on have suddenly backed off?

My dear, you are grossly misinformed about the gospel. You were wrong about 'confession' and you are wrong about miracles.

Mark 11:23: “Truly I tell you, if ANYONE says to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and does not doubt in their heart but believes that what they say will happen, it will be done for them.

John 14:12: "I tell you the truth, ANYONE who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father."

Did you see that?! "ANYONE!!!" "ANYONE!!!"

You just keep contradicting Jesus.
amen!! Those graces didnt die with the apostles!
Re: Christians Deviated by shdemidemi(m): 9:29pm On Mar 09, 2013
I never said grace seized...I said all the powers that Jesus gave the disciples were to them and for them alone . This miracles and wonders are not the gospel. They were signs leading to the gospel.
As for John 14:12, read it properly cos He was not talking about miracles. he was talking about his works/gospel and not miracles
Re: Christians Deviated by italo: 6:39am On Mar 10, 2013
shdemidemi: I never said grace seized...I said all the powers that Jesus gave the disciples were to them and for them alone . This miracles and wonders are not the gospel. They were signs leading to the gospel.
As for John 14:12, read it properly cos He was not talking about miracles. he was talking about his works/gospel and not miracles

Won't you just shut up and stop speaking heresy?

WorKs are different from worDs. Even the dullest pupil in kindergarten class would know that.

John 10: 32 but Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?”

33 “We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”

37 "Do not believe me unless I do the works of my Father. 38 But if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.”

His works are clearly not just his words.

The more you talk, the more you talk rubbish.

What about Mark 11:23? Still concocting another heresy?

And look behind you...all your fans have deserted you.
Re: Christians Deviated by shdemidemi(m): 4:20pm On Mar 10, 2013
Please don't be foolish my friend. Use your head
Have u moved any mountain
He said if u eat any dangerous thing, it won't harm u as well..wld u try poison
Jesus talks in parables and u must know He was under the law and message of the Christian Faith started in Acts

I will say somethings but u wld definitely not understand..u need to get yourself a teacher
Jesus said to them, "my food is to do the will of Him who sent Me,and to finish His work"...miracles n powers are only a means to an end n not d end in itself. Jesus was limited to his environment at that time and He could only be in 1 place at a time.
Now, the gospel as spread through us by the help of the Holy Spirit around d world. This is d greater things He talked about.
NB. A convert to this faith is the highest/biggest miracle

Mark 11:23 He was with his disciples and d ANYONE is anyone of the disciples
Re: Christians Deviated by shdemidemi(m): 5:58pm On Mar 10, 2013
Faith has an energy to receive
italo:

WorKs are different from worDs. Even the dullest pupil in kindergarten class would know that.

John 10: 32 but Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?”

33 “We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”

37 "Do not believe me unless I do the works of my Father. 38 But if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.”

italo:

Mathew mark and Luke are books in the New Testament but they are not New Testament messages
The faith Jesus talked about before the his death (under the law) is different from the faith we have in God's faithfulness in Paul's epistles
Faith as an energy to obtain things from God is no more
So God dont need your faith to do what He would do (works)
All you need now is the faith/believe in the death of Christ on the cross for our sins
So under grace all u need do is trust God's faithfulness n allow him to run your life
In other words The gospel/faith only started after the death of Christ
So when u read -know the dispensation and the periods before u argue
And please ask questions politely so we can encourage n learn from each other
Re: Christians Deviated by Ubenedictus(m): 6:27pm On Mar 10, 2013
shdemidemi: Faith has an energy to receive

Mathew mark and Luke are books in the New Testament but they are not New Testament messages
The faith Jesus talked about before the his death (under the law) is different from the faith we have in God's faithfulness in Paul's epistles
Faith as an energy to obtain things from God is no more
So God dont need your faith to do what He would do (works)
All you need now is the faith/believe in the death of Christ on the cross for our sins
So under grace all u need do is trust God's faithfulness n allow him to run your life
In other words The gospel/faith only started after the death of Christ
So when u read -know the dispensation and the periods before u argue
And please ask questions politely so we can encourage n learn from each other
and JESUS WEPT
Re: Christians Deviated by PastorOluT(m): 7:36pm On Mar 10, 2013
OLAADEGBU: ^ ^ ^

Here are the gathering of the vultures. See them patting themselves in the back shocked

(Matthew 24:28).

On point

(1) (Reply)

Becos Of Choir Master, 2 Choristers Cut Younger Colleague With Blade On D Face / Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief - Femi Aribisala / He Hates It When You Call Him "LORD"!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.