Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

He Hates It When You Call Him "LORD"! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / He Hates It When You Call Him "LORD"! (753 Views)

Help! My Pastor Hates Me! / The Almighty God Said He Hates Divorce ! / My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Hates It When You Call Him "LORD"! by Emusan(m): 8:43am On May 24, 2013
God is a great God. A powerful God. But a demanding God. "He expects something of you". In return He will repay you with more wealth, happiness, and abundant life than you can imagine, but He does absolutely DEMAND certain things from YOU first. If God exists, and if He IS powerful, then what He says MATTERS. It means if He says “thou shalt not steal” – then “thou” had better not “steal”!

But men are selfish. They want their OWN way. Doing things the way THEY like to do them. Admitting that there is a higher power who wants certain things from them means they would be expected to DO those certain things. If they accept that God exists, say that He didn’t mean what He said, that you don’t have to really OBEY Him, just “BELIEVE” in Him and that makes it all “Ok”. But that isn’t what God said!
Luke 6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, AND DO NOT THE THINGS WHICH I SAY? He HATES it when you call Him “Lord” and then ignore what He said. A man came to him asking Him what he had to do to be SAVED, and have ETERNAL LIFE, “ what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?” And Jesus answered “ if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.” (Matthew 19:16-17)

He said that if you want to have LIFE, the life He promises to all those that obey Him, you have to KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS! And that just calling Him “Lord” counts for NOTHING!
Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven ; but HE THAT DOETH THE WILL OF MY FATHER which is in heaven.

You have three options; 1. You can believe God exists and obey Him.
2. But if you refuse to obey Him, you have two options left: believe God exists, but believe He doesn’t WANT you to obey Him, and twist what He said to make it seem that way.
3. Believe that He doesn’t exist and nothing to obey.

The choice is yours!
Re: He Hates It When You Call Him "LORD"! by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:19am On May 24, 2013
Emusan: God is a great God. A powerful God. But a demanding God. "He expects something of you". In return He will repay you with more wealth, happiness, and abundant life than you can imagine, but He does absolutely DEMAND certain things from YOU first. If God exists, and if He IS powerful, then what He says MATTERS. It means if He says “thou shalt not steal” – then “thou” had better not “steal”!

Is this the version of pope appeals to Atheist?

Well the pope did something great. He didn't lie like you did here.

Hey preacher man!!! Please consider this verse
Acts 17:24-25
New International Version (NIV)
24 “The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands.
25 And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything. Rather, he himself gives everyone life and breath and everything else.

Im sorry, Atheist were once christian and some muslim. Dont just quote lies to back up your point. Try again man

2 Likes

Re: He Hates It When You Call Him "LORD"! by Emusan(m): 10:44am On May 24, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Is this the version of pope appeals to Atheist?

Well the pope did something great. He didn't lie like you did here.

Hey preacher man!!! Please consider this verse
Acts 17:24-25
New International Version (NIV)
24 “The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands.
25 And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything. Rather, he himself gives everyone life and breath and everything else.

Im sorry, Atheist were once christian and some muslim. Dont just quote lies to back up your point. Try again man

Second option:
2. But if you refuse to obey Him, you have two options left: believe God exists, but believe He doesn’t WANT you to obey Him, and twist what He said to make it seem that way.

Your quote:
25 And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything. Rather,he himself gives everyone life and breath and everything else.

Then read the full verse '25' with utmost mind.
Re: He Hates It When You Call Him "LORD"! by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:55am On May 24, 2013
Emusan:

Second option:

Your quote:
25 And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything. Rather,he himself gives everyone life and breath and everything else.

Then read the full verse '25' with utmost mind.

I dont have business with the whole verse. My point is if there is a god and that of christian is truth, he wont demand a damn from human. Try another lie
Re: He Hates It When You Call Him "LORD"! by Emusan(m): 11:44am On May 24, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

I dont have business with the whole verse. My point is if there is a god and that of christian is truth, he wont demand a damn from human. Try another lie

Afterall that's the purpose of Evolution for you.
Re: He Hates It When You Call Him "LORD"! by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:22pm On May 24, 2013
Emusan:

Afterall that's the purpose of Evolution for you.

Evolution? It would have been better if he evolve out of the bible. But if he in the bible, he cant change. Thats what I read therein. So if he evolve outside the bible, throw the bible into a dustbin and put fire on it. #Amen
Re: He Hates It When You Call Him "LORD"! by Emusan(m): 4:59pm On May 24, 2013
FOLYKAZE:
Evolution? It would have been better if he evolve out of the bible. But if he in the bible, he cant change. Thats what I read therein. So if he evolve outside the bible, throw the bible into a dustbin and put fire on it. #Amen

I'm not sure you really understand yourself.
Re: He Hates It When You Call Him "LORD"! by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:06pm On May 24, 2013
Emusan:

I'm not sure you really understand yourself.

Unfortunately, the dialogue does not work. Preach your message to Animals, Fishes, Birds, Insects, Bacterias, Virus and stone: Jesus said stones will praise him if men refuses.

Those living things got souls according to your theology. They aint christian, so they need your ministration.

#unfollowing

1 Like

Re: He Hates It When You Call Him "LORD"! by Nobody: 5:17pm On May 24, 2013
lol.. grin

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Religious Junk / In Christ Alone Lyrics.. / ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.