Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,911 members, 7,838,246 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

Why Are Nigerians Obsessed With The Queen Of England??? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Why Are Nigerians Obsessed With The Queen Of England??? (517 Views)

Go Back To England, Mugabe Tells White Settlers / The Queen Is Dead, God Save The King. / Are Nigerians Actually Happy People - Myth Or Fact (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerians Obsessed With The Queen Of England??? by FufuKing(m): 4:04pm On Mar 07, 2013
I have noticed a lot of Nigerians try to speak the Queen's English, and stress the posh accent, it makes them look stupid.
Can someone explain to me why they do this?
Thank you
Fufuking smiley
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsessed With The Queen Of England??? by pheyikemi: 4:25pm On Mar 07, 2013
itz not gud to eat fufu on a day lyk ds, c wot fufu has done to u. Who colonised ur country eh? Do u want dem to speak chinese english?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsessed With The Queen Of England??? by FufuKing(m): 4:29pm On Mar 07, 2013
but fuf tastes nice!!! grin
I'm not talking about English, I'm talking about English with the Queen's accent!
Re: Why Are Nigerians Obsessed With The Queen Of England??? by pheyikemi: 4:31pm On Mar 07, 2013
Ok then. Ask d queen. cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Single Moms In China Could Face Huge Fines / New Jersey Man Falls Into Coma, Wakes Up In Poland / Egypt: President Morsi Rejects Military's 48-hour Ultimatum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.