Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,535 members, 7,823,325 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

How Did U Cope Staying With A Room Mates Without Sharing Belongings? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Did U Cope Staying With A Room Mates Without Sharing Belongings? (700 Views)

The Ordeal Of Staying With Your Uncle's Or Brother's Wife / Staying With Someone: How Long Is Too Long / Am Tired Of Staying With My Parents. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did U Cope Staying With A Room Mates Without Sharing Belongings? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Mar 07, 2013
Life itself is a place where one doesnt know where him/her would be landed tomorrow. Thus atimes u see urself where u have no choice than to share a room or call it an apartment with someone u know little or nothing abt e.g. living in d nearby hostel to undergo ur uni studies, during nysc, job interview, job recruitment, business journey etc.

One thing that is inevitable in such situation is sharing of belongings with d other room mates. U keep ur clothes and b4 u come bak, u see ur room mate using wearing it. Ur shoes follow in d same trend. Toiletries on the same trend. Make up ornaments (for girls) still on the same. Food is not left out on this and this usually generates an unpleasant heat btwn the room occupants.

Let's hear from u. How did u share an apartment with someone u didnt know much abt and how did u cope with d sharing of the belongings?
Re: How Did U Cope Staying With A Room Mates Without Sharing Belongings? by Gboliwe: 4:21pm On Mar 07, 2013
My experiences bring back ugly memories I wish I forget
Re: How Did U Cope Staying With A Room Mates Without Sharing Belongings? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Mar 07, 2013
How was it and what made it ugly that u cant forget it?
Re: How Did U Cope Staying With A Room Mates Without Sharing Belongings? by biolabee(m): 5:09pm On Mar 07, 2013
RedBenson: Life itself is a place where one doesnt know where him/her would be landed tomorrow. Thus atimes u see urself where u have no choice than to share a room or call it an apartment with someone u know little or nothing abt e.g. living in d nearby hostel to undergo ur uni studies, during nysc, job interview, job recruitment, business journey etc.

One thing that is inevitable in such situation is sharing of belongings with d other room mates. U keep ur clothes and b4 u come bak, u see ur room mate using wearing it. Ur shoes follow in d same trend. Toiletries on the same trend. Make up ornaments (for girls) still on the same. Food is not left out on this and this usually generates an unpleasant heat btwn the room occupants.

Let's hear from u. How did u share an apartment with someone u didnt know much abt and how did u cope with d sharing of the belongings?

Use your own property
Na by force to wear nike jordans...
Re: How Did U Cope Staying With A Room Mates Without Sharing Belongings? by ifyalways(f): 5:36pm On Mar 07, 2013
My two pence from personal hostel experience :
Don't borrow, beg or use stuff you know you aint willing to share yourself. If you know you don't want anyone wearing your clothes with or without permission, don't ever ask, take or borrow theirs.
Lock very personal effects. Keep minor things around. Be uptight with certain things but free with some. Eg lock your box of clothes but leave your stove around.

Your flat/room mate can be that soul that might save your life, apply wisdom in dealing with them.
Re: How Did U Cope Staying With A Room Mates Without Sharing Belongings? by barrchy(f): 9:35pm On Mar 18, 2013
Back in lawschool I had to share a room with 3 other ladies,I knew two of them from uni but one was a northerner and we were meeting for the ist time, then during nysc I shared a flat with 2 other people, a yoruba lady that went to babcock and another yoruba guy that went to unilag, this two people were total strangers when we all moved into the house. Now these two experiences where not the worst experirnce of my life, as a matter of fact one of those strangers I lived with ended up becoming one of my closest friends till date. All that matters to live with people is mutual respect and an acceptance of people...we are all coming from diff places and we all have diff orientation, what you can't share then place under lock and key but remain open minded cos there are angels out there in form of strangers

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria - 82nd Happiest Country In The World / 7 Things Never To Do When Drunk / Just Before You Decide To Be Mrs Somebody

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.