Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

The New Craze With Leggings/Jeggings - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / The New Craze With Leggings/Jeggings (6306 Views)

Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze / why will a fat girl like this wear leggings this is absolutely wrong!! / The Jeggings! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The New Craze With Leggings/Jeggings by kemisolalawson: 1:13pm On Mar 08, 2013
Today is International Women’s Day, and I wouldn’t want to write about anything but my last Sunday’s experience. I was at UNILAG campus with three other friendssince I had to collect something from someone and felt it would be cool a bad idea to hang out with a couple of girls, which turned out to be a very bad idea (story for another day).

I must say though, my friends are crazy breeds. As we sat in front of the New Hall Hostel while waiting for our ‘host’, I noticed my guy’s heads kept turning to and fro with piercing gazes all feasting on girls passing by. Even if you didn’t want to look Seun’s (one of the guys) hilarious remarks will open your eyes.

At first, I was quite confused about what university girls were putting on. Is it because it’s been a long time I left school or is it because they are in the hostel area and they are just being ‘casual’? Maybe there was an occasion and they were all asked to wear leggings. Or is it just a new trend? I didn’t get it.

Each time, my thought line was interrupted by comical comments followed by some freaking loud laughter. Guys couldn’t just seem to help impulsively making sounds and comments about almost every girl passing by. But can you blame us? We really saw things. Then I realized it wasn’t just me who noticed the odds. Soon, we started discussing the emerging trend madness.

About eight out of every ten girls that walked by were in leggings. Not that I have issues with leggings or jeggings if properly worn, but most of these girls wore it with a top far above their waists! Some of them even had tops so skimpy; you could see their pubic hair climbing from under the devilish leggings unto their navel. Every last detail of their curves, lines and even camel toes were animated. You could plainly see the pant lines and colors of the few wearing one. Now, that is some serious sexual assault on the male folks and it’s totally unacceptable.

How do male students and lecturers even cope with all that? What about the freaks prowling? A university was supposed meant not just for only educational, but also for character development. I’ve not been to other higher institutions of learning lately and I’m not sure if the trend is only particular to UNILAG. In any case, these are eventual graduates who would run the future of our society. Although I’m tempted to replace that word “run” with “ruin” right now.

If your motive for wearing nothing is to attract men, then you are getting it all wrong! You will be attracting perverts and freaks. No real man wants a naked lady for anything serious. In the real sense, it will only give you out as cheap and trying too hard. Truth is, you won’t need to put on skin-tight stuffs for men to notice you if you are truly noticeable. An average guy can through a robe.

I’m far from being an extremist and I do not support women being banished behind the nets. As a matter of fact, I love sexy dresses on ladies. Who doesn’t? This is a new generation and no matter how much we want it, ladies will not go back to wearing gowns. But I don’t think it’s asking for too much for women to dress properly.

Must anyone be told that leggings should NEVER be the sole piece of fabric covering her butt/crotch? Leggings are NOT pants! World English Dictionary defines leggings as “an extra outer covering for the lower legs” and …is more appropriate for grown women.

Happy International Women’s Day 2013!

Source: http://www.gideonbanks.com/stories/the-new-craze-with-leggings/

3 Likes

Re: The New Craze With Leggings/Jeggings by kristal4eva(f): 1:32pm On Mar 08, 2013
Too Bad
Re: The New Craze With Leggings/Jeggings by ajetunde: 1:40pm On Mar 08, 2013
Wow....Brilliant article.

I was going home sometimes last week with my friend, then two ladies walked past us wearing this crazy tight (they are all tight) shapy lipsrsealed, head turning jeggings or whatever they call it. Subconsciously, we both paused, turned our heads and gazed shocked shocked until we realised we were staring. That became the topic of the day and we both disagree on the manner of which its being worn, we later concluded its as a result of the current Heat Wave in Lagos which seems to be making everyone go mad undecided. That was the only reasonable explanation we could come up with.

Re: The New Craze With Leggings/Jeggings by ajetunde: 1:41pm On Mar 08, 2013
Moderator----I hope this makes front page o

2 Likes

Re: The New Craze With Leggings/Jeggings by Nobody: 12:48pm On Mar 13, 2013
Lol. Its a new trend for dem olosho.
I wear both legging n jegging but with a cloth to cover up.

Personally, my school stops u from the gate if u dress that way. Up to armless, see back , tanktops etc.

(1) (Reply)

Asap Rocky Spotted Dressed Like Rihanna, Expose His Cleavage / Best Ankara Tops On Jeans That Make Sense / Cosmetics Business In Nigeria: Is There A Gap In The Market?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.