Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,110 members, 7,814,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

Please Look At My Newly Designed Site And Tell Me What You Feel. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Please Look At My Newly Designed Site And Tell Me What You Feel. (2567 Views)

Drop Your Site And Get A Good Traffic Here / Check Out My Site And Tell Me What's Wrong / Picture Of My Hacked Site And How I Resolved The Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Look At My Newly Designed Site And Tell Me What You Feel. by ediko5(m): 4:48pm On Mar 08, 2013
Hello Nairalanders,
I have just hosted www.motivationarena.com thanks to "Afam4eva" cos he's the one that guided me through.
Please i want you to take a look at the site and tell me what you think.
Let me reserve my questions for now and hear your own suggestion cos i have some questions in mind.
Re: Please Look At My Newly Designed Site And Tell Me What You Feel. by ediko5(m): 1:10pm On Mar 11, 2013
Still waiting for reply please.
Re: Please Look At My Newly Designed Site And Tell Me What You Feel. by cmespeak: 5:00pm On Mar 11, 2013
well inspirational quotes, i love the aim of the site,if u can achieve keeping it updated with daily quotes, i bet u, peopleS attention will be drawn to that and nt hw yr design is so simple.

Yr site is rather very simple, a little adding of images,combination of friendly colors,font size reduction will do yr site good but well i love the aim of the site.

MOTIVATIONAL.
Re: Please Look At My Newly Designed Site And Tell Me What You Feel. by yawatide(f): 8:37pm On Mar 11, 2013
1) If I am to see a site like this, given its content, I would much rather receive same quotes via sms

2) Lincoln page view source: bad code:
<table border="12" width="890" height="1090" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"
align="center" type="text/css" style="font-family: Arial, sans-serif;
font-size: 18pt;">
<td valign="left" style="background-color: pink; color: blue;">
Where's the TR?

3) Contact form: I click "submit" and am led to a broken page

good luck!
Re: Please Look At My Newly Designed Site And Tell Me What You Feel. by soloqy: 10:35pm On Mar 11, 2013
Its obvious you are not a web designer. Please give it to someone to do for you.

In fact, since its your own motivational site and you dont claim to be designing stuff for people, you can get a free theme and use. We will understand your situation. But this site is very very poor. Please dont get offended and start ranting. Anyone that goes there once will run away and not step there again.

Did you say afam4ever did what on that site again?

2 Likes

Re: Please Look At My Newly Designed Site And Tell Me What You Feel. by GraphicsPlus(m): 5:15am On Mar 12, 2013
Do u mean the Afam4ever that claims to be a web designer helped you?
Re: Please Look At My Newly Designed Site And Tell Me What You Feel. by ediko5(m): 1:17pm On Mar 12, 2013
GraphicsPlus: Do u mean the Afam4ever that claims to be a web designer helped you?

Thanks guys for your advice. But please don't mis interpret my statement. I only said that Afam4eva help me with the e-book that showed me how to design a site, i did not say he designed it for me. And also i know i have not done well for the site. I am a complete newbie in web designing and i am not even up to a month. so that's the reason i submitted this site for you guys to tell me how to make it look professional. To really tell you the truth, "It is under construction" and also what i may called "a practical site".
Thanks
Re: Please Look At My Newly Designed Site And Tell Me What You Feel. by GraphicsPlus(m): 1:46pm On Mar 12, 2013
Since you are not a web designer, and i think u dont intend becoming one tomorrow, just go to templatemo.com and download a template and edit.
Re: Please Look At My Newly Designed Site And Tell Me What You Feel. by ediko5(m): 1:58pm On Mar 12, 2013
GraphicsPlus: Since you are not a web designer, and i think u dont intend becoming one tomorrow, just go to templatemo.com and download a template and edit.
I really want to be a web designer. That's why i said that i am still learning. Thanks for the site.
Re: Please Look At My Newly Designed Site And Tell Me What You Feel. by GraphicsPlus(m): 2:51pm On Mar 12, 2013
If you want to be a web designer then you should start learning online immediately.
I guess the ebook Afam4ever gave you may not be enough for you.
Again, if what you did is what you got from the book, then I can conclude that the book is not a good web design book.
Your website didn't meet certain laid down basic standards of designing a website.

You can begin from any of these sites:
1. www.tizag.com
2. www.echoecho.com
3. www.htmlgoodies.com
4. www.htmlcodetutorial.com
Re: Please Look At My Newly Designed Site And Tell Me What You Feel. by ediko5(m): 3:11pm On Mar 12, 2013
Thanks Graphics. But i will still appreciate Afam becos he gave me the e-book for free. Some would have sold it at a very high rate.
Please can you tll me more about PHP. because i need the make the "submit quote" section in my site to work and also set a contact form.
Re: Please Look At My Newly Designed Site And Tell Me What You Feel. by greenmouse(m): 4:29pm On Mar 12, 2013
GraphicsPlus: If you want to be a web designer then you should start learning online immediately.
I guess the ebook Afam4ever gave you may not be enough for you.
Again, if what you did is what you got from the book, then I can conclude that the book is not a good web design book.
Your website didn't meet certain laid down basic standards of designing a website.

You can begin from any of these sites:
1. www.tizag.com
2. www.echoecho.com
3. www.htmlgoodies.com
4. www.htmlcodetutorial.com

Nice links man, our guy really need to go back to drawing tables.
Re: Please Look At My Newly Designed Site And Tell Me What You Feel. by Afam4eva(m): 7:33pm On Mar 12, 2013
Pls ya'll should cut the guy some slack. He wants to be a web designer and he's barely a month old. I gave him an HTML ebook with which he started with and i can say that he's made tremendous progress learning it on his own. Rome was not built in a day and i believe that with continuous practice, he'll definitely get better.

@ediko
Just keep doing what you're doing. It's only a matter of time. If you need additional ebooks, just let me know and i'll be willing to help out.
Re: Please Look At My Newly Designed Site And Tell Me What You Feel. by 185mikel(m): 8:07pm On Mar 12, 2013
submit quote form. confirmation page that should displays after form is submitted is showing 404 Page not found.

FIX IT. I SUBMIT SOME QUOTES
Re: Please Look At My Newly Designed Site And Tell Me What You Feel. by akintayo1(m): 12:31am On Mar 13, 2013
Afam4eva: Pls ya'll should cut the guy some slack. He wants to be a web designer and he's barely a month old. I gave him an HTML ebook with which he started with and i can say that he's made tremendous progress learning it on his own. Rome was not built in a day and i believe that with continuous practice, he'll definitely get better.

@ediko
Just keep doing what you're doing. It's only a matter of time. If you need additional ebooks, just let me know and i'll be willing to help out.
Nice talk.
Re: Please Look At My Newly Designed Site And Tell Me What You Feel. by ediko5(m): 1:42pm On Mar 14, 2013
Afam4eva:
@ediko

Thanks for your encouragement Afam. i need people like you by my side not the ones that condemn all your effort.
Re: Please Look At My Newly Designed Site And Tell Me What You Feel. by ediko5(m): 1:45pm On Mar 14, 2013
185mikel: submit quote form. confirmation page that should displays after form is submitted is showing 404 Page not found.

FIX IT. I SUBMIT SOME QUOTES
That's the main section i want to learn now. I was told to use PHP but i don't know how to go about it. Please can anyone help me out?
Thanks.
Re: Please Look At My Newly Designed Site And Tell Me What You Feel. by solid3(m): 2:07pm On Mar 14, 2013
Dont be discouraged brother, you can get better if you devote more time to this passion.

Best of luck.
Re: Please Look At My Newly Designed Site And Tell Me What You Feel. by ediko5(m): 1:37pm On Mar 21, 2013
*solid*:
Dont be discouraged brother, you can get better if you devote more time to this passion.

Best of luck.
Thanks Solid.
Re: Please Look At My Newly Designed Site And Tell Me What You Feel. by ediko5(m): 4:49pm On Apr 05, 2013
I have deigned a learner's PHP page at www.motivationarena.com/submit.html
Please look at it and tell me how to improve Because i know it's not presentable since i just started.

And please i want to know how to get information posted by my site users either through email or any other available means.

And Here's my PHP Coded Below:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
</head>
<body>
<?php
$quantity=$_POST['quantity'];
$item=$_POST['item'];
echo "Thank You for Submitting Your Quotes/Story, We Will Notify you When It Is Publised!";
?>
</body>
</html>

Please i also want to know the difference when <form action method="post"> and when <form action method="guestbook.cgi">

Thanks.
Re: Please Look At My Newly Designed Site And Tell Me What You Feel. by morgist(m): 5:32pm On Apr 05, 2013
You made me waste my MB in this era where feeding 5 persons 3 square meals per day is cheaper than paying for high speed internet.

kindly go to http://www.blogger.com or http://www. and start from there. thanks

NB: And please next time dont call something like that a website.
Re: Please Look At My Newly Designed Site And Tell Me What You Feel. by ediko5(m): 5:43pm On Apr 05, 2013
morgist: You made me waste my MB in this era where feeding 5 persons 3 square meals per day is cheaper than paying for high speed internet.

kindly go to http://www.blogger.com or http://www. and start from there. thanks

NB: And please next time dont call something like that a website.

Please Sincerely speaking, I was not directing my question or inviting someone like you to read this post because from all indication you are nothing but "a dream killer".
If you had read this post well, you should have known that i am not up to two months in web design and all i want is advice and directives on how to improve my skills and here you trying to kill my vision instead of motivating me.
But i want you to remember that no matter the level or standard of web design that you are right now, you did not use two months to learn.

1 Like

Re: Please Look At My Newly Designed Site And Tell Me What You Feel. by GraphicsPlus(m): 6:11pm On Apr 05, 2013
@OP, truely u can start with blogger.com and be writing ur blog posts there. Then bend down behind the scene and learn web development. When u ar ready and prepared, u can then migrate ur blog to ur custom url. U cant be two months old and be immediately trying to develop a dynamic website. Just make sure u hav mastered html and css at least 80%, then go into PHP and js. Take it one after the other. These things take some time.
Re: Please Look At My Newly Designed Site And Tell Me What You Feel. by morgist(m): 12:38am On Apr 06, 2013
ediko5:

Please Sincerely speaking, I was not directing my question or inviting someone like you to read this post because from all indication you are nothing but "a dream killer".
If you had read this post well, you should have known that i am not up to two months in web design and all i want is advice and directives on how to improve my skills and here you trying to kill my vision instead of motivating me.
But i want you to remember that no matter the level or standard of web design that you are right now, you did not use two months to learn.

K.
Re: Please Look At My Newly Designed Site And Tell Me What You Feel. by tabontabon: 1:04pm On Apr 06, 2013
Reading thru d webmaster section,i discoverd Nairaland webmaster section is filled wit hawks & predators.who ar self conceited & afraid of competition.they ar out 2 demoralise rather than encourage new entrants.d guy askd 4 constructive criticism,all u so called professionals can do is run him down.what dat means is u ar afraid of bin outshined,tru profs wil guide & gv leverage to newbies.@ediko send me a mail @ labegan [at] gmail dot com,stating what u want to do on php.i may be able to help u wit ur php coding.i also hav som ebooks i can gv u on css,html,php,mysql.dnt b discouraged by the bunch of dream killers on webmaster who feel they brought d skills from heaven.
Re: Please Look At My Newly Designed Site And Tell Me What You Feel. by tabontabon: 1:32pm On Apr 06, 2013
@ediko,there ar high quality,motivating & resourceful sites online where u can get inspiration.jst google whatever question or query u hv in mind.u wil b suprised at d wealth of information.i hv bin a siddon look observer of nairaland webmaster section 4a while.i can tell u som canibalistic cabal reign supreme here,ready 2devour any competition,or newbie trying to make a headstart.jst b bold and daring,itz nt an easy road bt wit determination and some sleepless nites & headbanging(lol) u wil get there.
Re: Please Look At My Newly Designed Site And Tell Me What You Feel. by jaywonder1: 8:40am On Apr 08, 2013
Call Ebony e-books for all the e-books you need to be a better web designer, programer
Re: Please Look At My Newly Designed Site And Tell Me What You Feel. by ediko5(m): 1:14pm On Apr 08, 2013
tabontabon: Reading thru d webmaster section,i discoverd Nairaland webmaster section is filled wit hawks & predators.who ar self conceited & afraid of competition.they ar out 2 demoralise rather than encourage new entrants.d guy askd 4 constructive criticism,all u so called professionals can do is run him down.what dat means is u ar afraid of bin outshined,tru profs wil guide & gv leverage to newbies.@ediko send me a mail @ labegan [at] gmail dot com,stating what u want to do on php.i may be able to help u wit ur php coding.i also hav som ebooks i can gv u on css,html,php,mysql.dnt b discouraged by the bunch of dream killers on webmaster who feel they brought d skills from heaven.

Thank you very much. I'll contact you.
Re: Please Look At My Newly Designed Site And Tell Me What You Feel. by ediko5(m): 1:25pm On Apr 08, 2013
GraphicsPlus: @OP, truely u can start with blogger.com and be writing ur blog posts there. Then bend down behind the scene and learn web development. When u ar ready and prepared, u can then migrate ur blog to ur custom url. U cant be two months old and be immediately trying to develop a dynamic website. Just make sure u hav mastered html and css at least 80%, then go into PHP and js. Take it one after the other. These things take some time.

Thank you for the advice.
The problem is that most people don't really understand why i hosted this site.
I did not say that i am desperate in posting my write ups or even looking for a web designer to hire because i saw someone who told me to hire someone to help design the site for me.
I am only putting this site as a practical site. Hosting it does not mean that i claim to know web designing for God sake if you are a science student you will understand what i am really talking about.

As for blogger, I already know how to use a blog. and i have a sites.
Re: Please Look At My Newly Designed Site And Tell Me What You Feel. by switchmax8: 2:28pm On Apr 08, 2013
you can improve on the page since it is a learning process.what i will suggest you do is make the website a bit more professional whereby people can post quotes and there will be admin whereby you approve the post based on your rules of posting
Re: Please Look At My Newly Designed Site And Tell Me What You Feel. by ediko5(m): 2:46pm On Apr 08, 2013
switchmax8: you can improve on the page since it is a learning process.what i will suggest you do is make the website a bit more professional whereby people can post quotes and there will be admin whereby you approve the post based on your rules of posting

Thanks for that advice,I really need people like you by my side.
That's what i am trying to learn now. but i have not gotten the materials that can teach me that.
Please i will be grateful if you can help me.
Thanks a lot.
Re: Please Look At My Newly Designed Site And Tell Me What You Feel. by Nobody: 7:52am On Apr 09, 2013
ediko5: thanks to "Afam4eva" cos he's the one that guided me through.
Lol, you almost scandalized Afam4eva!
While learning I preferred video tutorials to ebooks, i really don't enjoy reading long write-ups, which do you prefer, video tutorials or ebooks/websites/forums? I could help.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Am Selling My Website / Bloggers On Wordpress, Drop Ur Blog Related Problems Here. / How To Create Webmail That Can Send Bulk Emails

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.