Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,618 members, 7,770,645 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:24 PM

Another House On Fire At Apapa, Lagos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another House On Fire At Apapa, Lagos (11005 Views)

Photos: Apapa Lagos Road Flooded After Heavy Rainfall / Buhari To Speak At Chatam House On Thursday - Premium Times / 248 Containers Of Power Transmission Equipment Sat At Apapa Port For 11 YEARS! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another House On Fire At Apapa, Lagos by olybob: 11:34pm On Mar 08, 2013
bigfat04: this photo was taken almost 6 hrs ago what location exactly is this ?
it is ajegunle in ajeromi l.g.a along bale street oposite nipco filling station. B4 wema bustop.

1 Like

Re: Another House On Fire At Apapa, Lagos by redsun(m): 11:55pm On Mar 08, 2013
Freiburger:
Exactly my thought, coupled with the dryness.

It is dangerous,even carelessly discarded cigarette butts can spark fires like that in scorching dry heat.

Fire is like flood,if unchecked,it decimates. It is all consuming.
Re: Another House On Fire At Apapa, Lagos by pekelepekele(m): 11:56pm On Mar 08, 2013
olabukola: All of them are in Ladipo

U bad oo Olabukola cheesy
Re: Another House On Fire At Apapa, Lagos by greatgod2012(f): 11:59pm On Mar 08, 2013
Im really concerned about human lives here, hope no life is lost............"Olorun a fi ofo r'emi o"
Re: Another House On Fire At Apapa, Lagos by hardbody: 12:18am On Mar 09, 2013
If it was tragic, we for don hear. God remains in control
Re: Another House On Fire At Apapa, Lagos by skoop: 12:25am On Mar 09, 2013
English teacher ..
tunapawizzy:
it is life not live
Re: Another House On Fire At Apapa, Lagos by milky3(f): 12:30am On Mar 09, 2013
olillywales: Less than 24 hours after a plank market was on fire in Lagos,reports reaching us have it that a storey
building in Apapa Lagos is currently burning.
More reports to come

SOURCE- www.informationnaija.com/breaking-news-photoanother-house-on-fire-in-apapalagos/
han han eleyi tin pojo ooo it's bcoming tooo mch oo
Re: Another House On Fire At Apapa, Lagos by Kazrem(m): 12:44am On Mar 09, 2013
May God save us.
Re: Another House On Fire At Apapa, Lagos by Nobody: 12:59am On Mar 09, 2013
Bad situation!
Re: Another House On Fire At Apapa, Lagos by Akbee(m): 3:39am On Mar 09, 2013
ubok Abasi,,,,it seem the whole of lag is on fire.fashola where are your world acclaimed fire fighters?i hope they didnt run out of gas when they were on dia way?
Re: Another House On Fire At Apapa, Lagos by Akbee(m): 3:51am On Mar 09, 2013
a typical scene of the nigerian situation.nothing done to extinguish the fire, hungry looking souls hanging arround to salvage some items wen the inferno becomes a litle bearable Meanwhile the lagos state fire service is having its vehicle repaired.they havnt got a drop of water in their tanks. Anyway they wl be there soonest.ecxercise patience my people.
Re: Another House On Fire At Apapa, Lagos by Reference(m): 4:28am On Mar 09, 2013
I don't even know why fire fighting has to be state exclusive. I think LGA's and below (county equiv.) should be mandated to run these services. You can't afford to have emergency response so centralised and distant. Fire, ambulance services, police, all first responders should be as close to the ground as possible.

I speculate here that for fire equipment to deploy them firemen will probably jump through beaucrat hoops and then the inevitable 'where is the goddam place sef' and hope our fuel doesn't finish in 'go slow'.

Another reason why fire fighting should be localised at LGA levels is that fire prevention standards and regimes vary so equipment and even training should reflect the different operating environments.

The LGA on which the Lagos airport is situated should have equipment, personel and training peculiar to air mishaps. Perhaps the outcome of Dana will have been different. Similarly Lagos Island LGA fire service will have to contend with high rise buildings. LGA's through which gasoline pipelines pass, where refineries or industrial plants are located should have local know how and most especially ensure safety codes and practices are in place and monitored.

It is only a local fire fighting unit that can ensure a timber market for instance is compliant to safety regulations cos there are hundreds all over Lagos. I hope authorities take a cue.

4 Likes

Re: Another House On Fire At Apapa, Lagos by MEILYN(m): 6:26am On Mar 09, 2013
u guys didnt even tink abt wat caused d fire, ona jst dey blame Fashola Mtcheewww, Na Fashola start d fire? Abii him carry candle go burn d place

Re: Another House On Fire At Apapa, Lagos by Revolva(m): 7:06am On Mar 09, 2013
This is olodi apapa muyibi street ..

I live close to this street oo..if not for nairaland I never knew fire has gotten this building..I know there oo!!! Very close to me...
Re: Another House On Fire At Apapa, Lagos by farem: 7:17am On Mar 09, 2013
WHEN ARE WE GOING TO WISE UP IN NIGERIA? IN OTHER CLIMES, THE FIRE MUST HAVE BEEN PUT OUT WITHOUT THE PUBLIC SERVICE INVOLVEMENT. HOW CAN WE RENT/BUILD A HOUSE FILLED WIT PROPERTIES ALL IN MILLIONS OF NAIRA WITHOUT CARING TO PUT SIMPLE FIRE EXTINGUISHER OF JUST ABOUT 2K? We think the fire service in europe is that efficient? Na! They simply have littie preventions that count most.

1 Like

Re: Another House On Fire At Apapa, Lagos by gratiaeo(m): 7:25am On Mar 09, 2013
Lagos state is overrated, nothing is working here in lagos apart from Fashola media propaganda. Tell me a state without good public school, no pipe borne water, hospital zero, access road -0. Any good thing you hear about lagos in on paper and television.
Hope Fashola will not come out this time to blame cigarette sellers for this incident
Re: Another House On Fire At Apapa, Lagos by gratiaeo(m): 7:28am On Mar 09, 2013
farem: WHEN ARE WE GOING TO WISE UP IN NIGERIA? IN OTHER CLIMES, THE FIRE MUST HAVE BEEN PUT OUT WITHOUT THE PUBLIC SERVICE INVOLVEMENT. HOW CAN WE RENT/BUILD A HOUSE FILLED WIT PROPERTIES ALL IN MILLIONS OF NAIRA WITHOUT CARING TO PUT SIMPLE FIRE EXTINGUISHER OF JUST ABOUT 2K? We think the fire service in europe is that efficient? Na! They simply have littie preventions that count most.
Huh! I shear your sentiment, but not in this kinda fire. Where is Lagos state fire service
Re: Another House On Fire At Apapa, Lagos by farem: 7:28am On Mar 09, 2013
Akbee: ubok Abasi,,,,it seem the whole of lag is on fire.fashola where are your world acclaimed fire fighters?i hope they didnt run out of gas when they were on dia way?
[color=#990000]
We often calculate the fire brigade response from the time the fire incident started. Many of these affected dont bother or remember to call fire brigade until the damage is done. I know of a church burning bout 350 meters from Ijesa express around 2am. Do you know for more than 30 minutes no one has called fire brigade, rather they were busy calling friends who could identify and inform the members of the said church! This happened in early January.
Re: Another House On Fire At Apapa, Lagos by farem: 7:44am On Mar 09, 2013
gratiaeo:
Huh! I shear your sentiment, but not in this kinda fire. Where is Lagos state fire service
[color=#990000
The fire service must brace up harder than before and we should be more reasonable in our lifestyle. How do rate the case of an educated family living in a 4-storey expensive apartment (rented) and left candle burning (even with cheap chinese rechargeable lamps everywhere) close to air-conditioner in children room for work. The height and iron barriers were a great limitation to the people and fire officers on that day. What actually saved the whole building was because the roof was cemented (decked). It would hav been another story. I know as we hear this incident, how many of us are trying to be more cautious than before? We say 'it is not my portion, God forbid...'
Re: Another House On Fire At Apapa, Lagos by roselynbas(f): 7:51am On Mar 09, 2013
acer systems are ok!
Re: Another House On Fire At Apapa, Lagos by stjoe1(m): 8:30am On Mar 09, 2013
How come Ur report says "A STORY BUILDING" is burning and the picture U posted to support Ur claim says something else. That picture U posted is a TWO story BUILDING NOT A STORY BUILDING. TO BE FRANK WITH U the house that got burnt yesterday is at olodi Apapa not Apapa. Always get the right facts before U post anything here!!! People should learn to read in between the lines
Re: Another House On Fire At Apapa, Lagos by Odunharry(m): 8:33am On Mar 09, 2013
olybob: it is ajegunle in ajeromi l.g.a along bale street oposite nipco filling station. B4 wema bustop.
chaii,na wa o....dat is in olodi apapa,along kikikiri road b4 u get 2 hudles bus stop..
I pray no live is lost
Re: Another House On Fire At Apapa, Lagos by IYANGBALI: 9:01am On Mar 09, 2013
ifyalways: there is but there is no water.
Very unfortunate,hope no live was lost undecided
what do you mean there is no water?how about the bar beach?is that not water abi na kerosene?
Re: Another House On Fire At Apapa, Lagos by Pretyella(f): 9:40am On Mar 09, 2013
Omg dis is nt good at all people lost deir properties I just found out day d fire outbreak was caused by a little girl who indomie on fire, lock d door and went out 2 get something
Re: Another House On Fire At Apapa, Lagos by victokafor(m): 11:11am On Mar 09, 2013
ki lo sele gaan. ina leni omi ni ola? e bawa fi oju suunuku wo ohun ti o wa nile... ejoooorrr!!
Re: Another House On Fire At Apapa, Lagos by Nobody: 4:44pm On Mar 09, 2013
Reference: I don't even know why fire fighting has to be state exclusive. I think LGA's and below (county equiv.) should be mandated to run these services. You can't afford to have emergency response so centralised and distant. Fire, ambulance services, police, all first responders should be as close to the ground as possible.

I speculate here that for fire equipment to deploy them firemen will probably jump through beaucrat hoops and then the inevitable 'where is the goddam place sef' and hope our fuel doesn't finish in 'go slow'.

Another reason why fire fighting should be localised at LGA levels is that fire prevention standards and regimes vary so equipment and even training should reflect the different operating environments.

The LGA on which the Lagos airport is situated should have equipment, personel and training peculiar to air mishaps. Perhaps the outcome of Dana will have been different. Similarly Lagos Island LGA fire service will have to contend with high rise buildings. LGA's through which gasoline pipelines pass, where refineries or industrial plants are located should have local know how and most especially ensure safety codes and practices are in place and monitored.

It is only a local fire fighting unit that can ensure a timber market for instance is compliant to safety regulations cos there are hundreds all over Lagos. I hope authorities take a cue.

Thumbs up to you Bro. This is the kinda constructive and corrective criticism I expect to see on nairaland and not some childish ranting of hate.

farem: WHEN ARE WE GOING TO WISE UP IN NIGERIA? IN OTHER CLIMES, THE FIRE MUST HAVE BEEN PUT OUT WITHOUT THE PUBLIC SERVICE INVOLVEMENT. HOW CAN WE RENT/BUILD A HOUSE FILLED WIT PROPERTIES ALL IN MILLIONS OF NAIRA WITHOUT CARING TO PUT SIMPLE FIRE EXTINGUISHER OF JUST ABOUT 2K? We think the fire service in europe is that efficient? Na! They simply have littie preventions that count most.
farem: [color=#990000]
We often calculate the fire brigade response from the time the fire incident started. Many of these affected dont bother or remember to call fire brigade until the damage is done. I know of a church burning bout 350 meters from Ijesa express around 2am. Do you know for more than 30 minutes no one has called fire brigade, rather they were busy calling friends who could identify and inform the members of the said church! This happened in early January.

Great points. Those are nigerians for you. As clueless as the leaders whom they claim is their problem. Nigerians as always and will always be their own problem. Fact is the behaviour and mindset of the citizens of a country is what will either make or destroy the country.
Re: Another House On Fire At Apapa, Lagos by 1ndidi2(f): 5:25pm On Mar 09, 2013
olybob: it is ajegunle in ajeromi l.g.a along bale street oposite nipco filling station. B4 wema bustop.

Not opposite, beside Nipco
Re: Another House On Fire At Apapa, Lagos by 1ndidi2(f): 5:26pm On Mar 09, 2013
Odunharry:
chaii,na wa o....dat is in olodi apapa,along kikikiri road b4 u get 2 hudles bus stop..
I pray no live is lost

Odus not *hudles
Re: Another House On Fire At Apapa, Lagos by 1ndidi2(f): 5:28pm On Mar 09, 2013
Pretyella: Omg dis is nt good at all people lost deir properties I just found out day d fire outbreak was caused by a little girl who indomie on fire, lock d door and went out 2 get something

Do you live around there? Abeg make I send you message to my mumcysmiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Alamiesegha's Home In The US Seized By Government / NBA To Hold Emergency NEC Meeting Tomorrow / Why Lagos PDP Performed Woefully In 2019 Governorship Election –Shelle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.