Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,537 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:59 AM

Did RIM Really Opened Up Purchasing Apps From App World To Nigerians? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Did RIM Really Opened Up Purchasing Apps From App World To Nigerians? (1186 Views)

8 Major Factors To Consider When Purchasing A Domain Name / Training In Enugu: Learn How To Develop 5 PHP & Mysql Web Apps From Scratch / Gov.uk: How Geeks Opened Up The UK Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did RIM Really Opened Up Purchasing Apps From App World To Nigerians? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Mar 08, 2013
Just this evening I tried to purchase an app from BlackBerry App Store dubbed "BlackBerry World" only to be presented with two payment option (PayPal & Credit Card), which certainly are not open to Nigerians. Meanwhile, I had a Payoneer debit MasterCarded funded in USD, as there was not Debit Card option, I selected Credit Card and completed my card detail only for the system to return transaction error msg. Then it downed on me that if that's the case RIM has not really opened up purchasing of apps on its store to Nigerians. Please, share your experience in the comments.
Re: Did RIM Really Opened Up Purchasing Apps From App World To Nigerians? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Mar 08, 2013
I wonder why they keep locking Nigerians out. The only time I bought an app was when a nairalander gifted it to me.
Re: Did RIM Really Opened Up Purchasing Apps From App World To Nigerians? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Mar 09, 2013
Now, this is no longer funny! I checked my transaction history on Payoneer portal and behold what is there:

Pre-Auth Transaction-POS Signature Purchase International
BLACKBERRY.COM LUXEMBOURG LUX

Local Currency Amount: [England (Great Britain), Pound Sterling: 1.0]
Amount to charge: $1.55

But, I did not get the app I wanted to buy. Guess, its high time I kick their *ss!
Re: Did RIM Really Opened Up Purchasing Apps From App World To Nigerians? by guru01(m): 1:08am On Mar 12, 2013
This is really not encouraging for dudes like me, because I thinking of developing apps fir BlackBerry 10 for Nigeria, I have sent them email several times concerning this but no reply.
I guess that's why apple and android are far way better for mobile market.

Hope they work on this sooner.
Re: Did RIM Really Opened Up Purchasing Apps From App World To Nigerians? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Mar 26, 2013
d_johnny: Now, this is no longer funny! I checked my transaction history on Payoneer portal and behold what is there:

Pre-Auth Transaction-POS Signature Purchase International
BLACKBERRY.COM LUXEMBOURG LUX

Local Currency Amount: [England (Great Britain), Pound Sterling: 1.0]
Amount to charge: $1.55

But, I did not get the app I wanted to buy. Guess, its high time I kick their *ss!

After all, Payoneer MasterCard smart technology was able to detect the fraud transaction and refunded my money. And this is definitely gonna be my first and last attempt to buy any app from BlackBerry World.

(1) (Reply)

If You Had To Choose Between True Love & Unlimited 100gbps Wi-fi / Want To Create A Top Functional Ponzi Scheme Website???. We Can Help Setup Ever / Get your wordpress site for 5k. If you buy domain and host yourself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.