Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,797 members, 7,820,794 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

The Myth Of 72 Virgins/suicide Bombing And The Need To Assess The Bible - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Myth Of 72 Virgins/suicide Bombing And The Need To Assess The Bible (696 Views)

Do Muslims Believe That They Get 72 Virgins In Heaven? / If 72 Virgins Are Giving To Muslim Men In Paradise(????)..whats For The Women? / Myth Of 72 Virgins In Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Myth Of 72 Virgins/suicide Bombing And The Need To Assess The Bible by Ramon2gud(m): 10:45pm On Mar 08, 2013
I was almost impresd with d entries dat were poppin in but I strongly beliv d greatst chaleng so far cld be inadequate knowledg about d entire subject matter.
I generaly agree wit u d@ no sane human being has the right or mind what so eva 2 blow himself up..worst is to hide under d umbrella of religion to perpetrate d act..ITs sooo SCARy.I can evn feel the pulse of my heart beatin so fast wen u imagine d BOMB not havin any friend and its worst victim,d loyal suicide bomber who recives the hardest impact.."DEATH"
Let us examine the ISLAMIC rulin on SUICIDE...The NOBLE Prophet Muhammed states clearly d@ a person who takes his own life will not only go to HELL,he also confronts d very face of a raging fire far SUPERIOR to d BOMB u and I tremble over.His life is restored back to him by the SUPREME power of the Almighty GOD and he is commanded to take his life ova and ova again continuosly and so the cycle continues in HELL FIRE ..
After d ridicule so far about a MYTH "Seven or Seventy two virgins for 1 man, A MATYR"..I tried to understand their position,d ambiguity,d drive to evn possess your own share of the VIRGIN here on earth as suggested by one fellow christian brethren that is before his descend to HEAVEN..Hmm..I realized it wasnt normal,neither was it open to the public the physical trainins,d psychological indoctrinations,d haste to carry out a blood bath operation claimin d lives of mostly innocent people who share a common national interest and very far away from the GOVERNMENT which dis class of PEOPLE claim to ATTACK.It is rather saddening when in fact, the HOLY prophet (SAW) was disobeyed to follow up a MYTH (CONCERNING SUICIDE).wetin be MYTH sef? Frm my little dictionary"A person or thing existing only in immagination, or whose actual existence is not verifiable" I wouldnt dwell much on MYTH becos WAR has its specified conditions which is completely different from suicide bombings..
After all d notable quotations from my friends about GOD inspiring the Holy BIBLE and d advice to shun the "HOLY QURAN" and its followers ascribing their activities to BABARIC,EVIL..BLA BLA BLA..I lauged..if dat was all it is to say, This is what GEORGE BENARD SHAW had to say..a BRITISH thinker,a playwriter who belived the most dangerous book on earth is the BIBLE, and he adviced that it be kept under LOCK and KEY (dont let your children have access to it) were his exact words ..SHOCKINGING to the EAR..I believe, even me oh!.I was shocked serious..
He (BENARD) was rational enough to give his reasons by emphasizing some quotes from d supposed BIBLE beleived by many to be Gods own words..
Let us examine the word "INCEST" The oxford dictionary states "A SE*UAL intercourse between two persons who are closely related"
The BIBLE agrees that we all come together and reason ..I dnt intend to heat up dis analysis further but we can at least see reasons with some biblical quotations..like GENESIS 19:30-36
S*X BPTWN FATHER AND HIS TWO DAUGHTERS
Night after night both the daughters of the PROPHET LOT seduce their drunken father and conceive children from him
2 SAMUELS 13:5-14
AMNON,ONE OF THE SONS OF THE PROPHET DAVID RAPES HIS SISTER
Amnon,by a masterful strategm rapes his sister TAMAR and God did not punish or reprimand him
2 SAMUELS 16:21-23
SON RAPES HIS MOTHER
ABSALOM sets up a tent on the flat palace roof and lays tens of his fathers wives and rapes them all one by one in the sight of the whole ISRAEL
Hmmm..here comes d LOVE scene from PROVERBs 7:7-22
She SEIZES him and KISSES him.Come let us take our fill of LOVE till the morning comes,Let us delight our selves with LOVE,for my HUSBAND is not at HOME..(I bet you guys enjoy dis one LOL) and many more to mention a few.
The fact still remains that the BIBLE is in circulation. In the hands of young minded curious 13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20 years old brothers and sisters of ours seeking sincere SALVATION and since the advice by the Great thinker BERNARD SHAW was challenged or even not acknoledged by many..The tremendous effects became OBVIOUS in our mordern/western society..The young and old,locally and internationally, became victims of BRUTAL RAPE that even the Federal Government of NIGERIA are bent on passing to law a bill that sentence a RAPIST to life in prisonment.
Benard SHAW certainmly needs not be a christian,a muslim or an ATHEIST to suggest LOCK and KEY approach..
So instead of concentrating on a MYTH OF SEVEN OR SEVENTY TWO VIRGINS or the AUTHENTICITY OF THE BIBLE,I suggest we open our mind/heart to visit the HOLY QURAN..(A STEP TAKEN BY FEW XTIANs) which is believed by many to be the EXACT WORDS OF GOD...Besides, no KNOWLEDGE is a waste and dis discuss is not about the AUTHENTICITY of the Quran..
My brothers and sisters ,dis discuss is open to criticism from ALL.May Allah SWT forgive my shortcomings for I am not perfect BUT HE ALLAH IS PERFECT and GREAT....

Re: The Myth Of 72 Virgins/suicide Bombing And The Need To Assess The Bible by deols(f): 8:46am On Mar 09, 2013
still trying to figure d article out
Re: The Myth Of 72 Virgins/suicide Bombing And The Need To Assess The Bible by Ramon2gud(m): 7:34pm On Mar 10, 2013
@deols..what did u figure out?

(1) (Reply)

The Ruling On Showing The Wounds Of The Muslims / Discussion With A Christian About The Crucifixion / Quran Journey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.