Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,769 members, 7,827,848 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

Discussion With A Christian About The Crucifixion - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Discussion With A Christian About The Crucifixion (697 Views)

Christian About To Convert To Islam Because Of A Woman. / If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience / Muslim Woman Marrying A Christian Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Discussion With A Christian About The Crucifixion by Rashduct4luv(m): 3:19pm On Oct 09, 2017
Why is it so difficult for the Muslims to believe that Christ was crucified to erase our sins? Why do they reject the idea of the Crucifixion altogether?.

Praise be to Allaah.
There is nothing strange about the Muslims rejecting this idea, because the Qur’aan in which they believe and accept what it tells them definitively states that that did not happen, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And because of their saying (in boast), ‘We killed Messiah ‘Eesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), the Messenger of Allaah,’ — but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but it appeared so to them the resemblance of ‘Eesa (Jesus) was put over another man (and they killed that man)], and those who differ therein are full of doubts. They have no (certain) knowledge, they follow nothing but conjecture. For surely; they killed him not [i.e. ‘Eesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)]”
[al-Nisa’ 4:157]

Rather the problem rests with the Christians for whom the doctrine of the crucifixion and redemption has become a central issue, so much so that the cross is the symbol of their religion.

It is strange that they differ concerning the form of this cross which indicates their confusion about this fabrication.

There are differences between their Gospels and their historians regarding everything that has to do with the story of the crucifixion.

They differ concerning the timing of the Last Supper, which according to them was one of the events in the lead-up to the crucifixion. They differ concerning the traitor who led (the Romans) to Christ – did that happen at least one day before the Last Supper, as narrated by Luke, or during it, after Christ gave him the piece of bread, as narrated by John?

Was Christ the one who carried his cross, as John says, as was customary with one who was going to be crucified, according to Nottingham, or was it Simon of Cyrene, as the other three Gospels state?

They say that two thieves were crucified alongside Christ, one on his right and one on his left, so what was the attitude of these two towards the Messiah who was being crucified, as they claim?

Did the thieves scorn him for being crucified, and say that his Lord had abandoned him and left him to his enemies? Or did only one of them scorn him, and did the other rebuke the one who scorned him?

At what hour did this crucifixion take place – was it in the third hour, as Mark says, or in the sixth as John says?

What happened after the so-called crucifixion?

Mark says that the veil of the Temple was torn from top to bottom. Matthew adds that the earth shook and rocks crumbled, and many of the saints rose from their graves and entered the holy city, appearing to many. Luke says that the sun turned dark, and the veil of the Temple was torn in the middle, and when the centurion saw what had happened, he glorified God and said, “Truly this man was righteous.”

But John does not know anything about all that!

These are not the only weak elements and indications of falseness in the story of the crucifixion, as narrated in the gospels. Rather the one who studies the details of the gospel narratives of this story will, with the least effort, notice the great differences in the details of this story, which are such that it is impossible to believe it all or even any part of it!

How desperate are the failed attempts to fill this gap and conceal the faults of this distorted book. Allaah indeed spoke the truth when He said in His Book which He has preserved (interpretation of the meaning):

“Do they not then consider the Qur’aan carefully? Had it been from other than Allaah, they would surely, have found therein many a contradiction”
[al-Nisa’ 4:82]

Apart from the fact that the gospel accounts are not sound, and their authors themselves admit that they were not revealed to the Messiah in this form, nor were they even written during his lifetime, none of the witnesses were present at the events to which they testify, as Mark says:

“Then everyone deserted him and fled.”
Mark 14:50 – New International Version (NIV)

Because these events were not witnessed by anyone who narrated them, there is a great deal of room for imagination and poetic licence.

We will complete our discussion of the fable of the crucifixion of Christ (peace be upon him) by looking at what the Gospels say about the Messiah’s prediction that he would be saved from death:

On one occasion the Pharisees and chief priests sent the guards to arrest him and he said to them:

“I am with you for only a short time, and then I go to the one who sent me. You will look for me, but you will not find me, and where I am, you cannot come.”
John 7:33-34 – NIV

Elsewhere he says:

“Once more Jesus said to them, ‘I am going away, and you will look for me, and you will die in your sin. Where I go, you cannot come.’

This made the Jews ask, ‘Will he kill himself? Is that why he says, “Where I go, you cannot come”?’

But he continued, ‘You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world.

I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am the one I claim to be, you will indeed die in your sins.’

‘Who are you?’ they asked.

‘Just what I have been claiming all along,’ Jesus replied. ‘I have much to say in judgment of you. But he who sent me is reliable, and what I have heard from him I tell the world.’

They did not understand that he was telling them about his Father.

So Jesus said, ‘When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am the one I claim to be and that I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me.

The one who sent me is with me; he has not left me alone, for I always do what pleases him.’”

John 8:21-29 – NIV

Then at the end he tells them again:

“For I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, 'Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.'”

Matthew 23:39 – NIV, also Luke 13:35

The Messiah, as these texts and others show, was certain that God would never hand him over to his enemies, and would never forsake him.

“But a time is coming, and has come, when you will be scattered, each to his own home. You will leave me all alone. Yet I am not alone, for my Father is with me.

I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

John 16:32-33

Because of that the passers by, and indeed everyone who attended the so-called crucifixion, mocked the Messiah, as the writer of this Gospel says (although that could not have been true):

“Those who passed by hurled insults at him, shaking their heads

and saying, ‘You who are going to destroy the temple and build it in three days, save yourself! Come down from the cross, if you are the Son of God!’

In the same way the chief priests, the teachers of the law and the elders mocked him.

‘He saved others,’ they said, ‘but he can't save himself! He's the King of Israel! Let him come down now from the cross, and we will believe in him.

He trusts in God. Let God rescue him now if he wants him, for he said, “I am the Son of God.”’

In the same way the robbers who were crucified with him also heaped insults on him.”

Matthew 27:39-44 – NIV

But it seems that Jesus’ certainty that God was with him began to waver, according to the distorted Gospel narrative, (although that could not have been true):

“Then Jesus went with his disciples to a place called Gethsemane, and he said to them, ‘Sit here while I go over there and pray.’

He took Peter and the two sons of Zebedee along with him, and he began to be sorrowful and troubled.

Then he said to them, ‘My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death. Stay here and keep watch with me.’

Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, ‘My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.’

Then he returned to his disciples and found them sleeping.

He went away a second time and prayed, ‘My Father, if it is not possible for this cup to be taken away unless I drink it, may your will be done.’

When he came back, he again found them sleeping, …

So he left them and went away once more and prayed the third time, saying the same thing.

Then he returned to the disciples and said to them, ‘Are you still sleeping and resting? Look, the hour is near, and the Son of Man is betrayed into the hands of sinners’”

Matthew 26:36-45 – NIV

Luke describes the scene and says:

“And being in anguish, he prayed more earnestly, and his sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground.

When he rose from prayer and went back to the disciples, he found them asleep, exhausted from sorrow.

‘Why are you sleeping?’ he asked them. ‘Get up and pray so that you will not fall into temptation.’”

Luke 22:44-46 – NIV

Because of this mockery of the message of Christ – according to their claims – and because Christ thought that God was with him and would never forsake him, then it follows that the writer who fabricated this dramatic scene would end it with a vision of the despair of the Messiah and his feelings of being abandoned by God – exalted be Allaah far above what the wrongdoers say. The fabricator says:

“From the sixth hour until the ninth hour darkness came over all the land.

About the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, ‘Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?’--which means, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

Matthew 27:38-47 – NIV

See also Mark 15:34

If we understand what this story means when subjected to criticism, the same will apply to the doctrine of redemption and sacrifice that is based on it.

With regard to the Christian doctrine of salvation, see also question no. 6

And Allaah is the Source of strength and the guide to the Straight Path, and there is no Lord but He.

Islam Q&A

https://islamqa.info/en/12615

1 Like

Re: Discussion With A Christian About The Crucifixion by iamgenius(m): 3:36pm On Oct 09, 2017
Let's get it to the religion section.
Re: Discussion With A Christian About The Crucifixion by newsynews: 12:46pm On Oct 10, 2017
iamgenius:
Let's get it to the religion section.
Thank you jare.

The guy has been creating threads that are AntiChrist and Nairaland mods move them to front page every Friday to ridicule Christianity with lies. But when a certain Albhagdadi creats a Counter thread to dispute the guy's lies, Nairaaland mods won't move it to front page.

An example is this one - https://www.nairaland.com/4103454/counter-thread-misconceptions-allah-allah

Is Nairaland deliberately exposing Christianity to persecution and attacks while Islam gets shielded? Shielding one group while you expose another will only make the protected group bold enough to misbehave and abuse things. That is exactly what is going on with Islam on Nairaland.

If muslims want to talk about Christianity, they should do so in the religion section where Christians can engage them, not in the Islamic section where non-muslims cannot make a comment without swearing an oath.

This is all wrong
Re: Discussion With A Christian About The Crucifixion by newsynews: 12:46pm On Oct 10, 2017
Muslims claim the bible is corrupted yet they deep their nose in it looking for approval of Islam.

You can never understand those verses you quoted as long as you still see the Bible as corrupted. This means it's only a corrupted view you will get.
Re: Discussion With A Christian About The Crucifixion by iamgenius(m): 6:54am On Oct 11, 2017
newsynews:
Thank you jare.

The guy has been creating threads that are AntiChrist and Nairaland mods move them to front page every Friday to ridicule Christianity with lies. But when a certain Albhagdadi creats a Counter thread to dispute the guy's lies, Nairaaland mods won't move it to front page.

An example is this one - https://www.nairaland.com/4103454/counter-thread-misconceptions-allah-allah

Is Nairaland deliberately exposing Christianity to persecution and attacks while Islam gets shielded? Shielding one group while you expose another will only make the protected group bold enough to misbehave and abuse things. That is exactly what is going on with Islam on Nairaland.

If muslims want to talk about Christianity, they should do so in the religion section where Christians can engage them, not in the Islamic section where non-muslims cannot make a comment without swearing an oath.

This is all wrong

You don't have to thank me nah. I told him to do that so we can expose you Christians of those lies. More threads coming InshaAllah.
Re: Discussion With A Christian About The Crucifixion by iamgenius(m): 6:55am On Oct 11, 2017
newsynews:
Muslims claim the bible is corrupted yet they deep their nose in it looking for approval of Islam.

You can never understand those verses you quoted as long as you still see the Bible as corrupted. This means it's only a corrupted view you will get.
Bcoz we've got not the holy spirit, GIBBERISH.
Re: Discussion With A Christian About The Crucifixion by newsynews: 7:02am On Oct 11, 2017
iamgenius:

You don't have to thank me nah. I told him to do that so we can expose you Christians of those lies. More threads coming InshaAllah.
Shouldnt you Muslims be ashamed that when you open such Antichrist threads Christians can't comment on such to expose your lies?

Yet nairaland keeps moving such Antichrist threads UK front page. But when we open threads to clearly show how Islam supports terrorism, take, pedophilia and women suppression, pro-islamic nairaland mods quickly move the threads to the Islamic section where Christians and even the OP of such threads will have to swear a satanic oath before commenting.

It's a Big shame: Attacking someone, but when the person comes out to fight, you runaway to hide behind security.
Re: Discussion With A Christian About The Crucifixion by umarshek6(m): 10:14am On Oct 12, 2017
newsynews:
Shouldnt you Muslims be ashamed that when you open such Antichrist threads Christians can't comment on such to expose your lies?

Yet nairaland keeps moving such Antichrist threads UK front page. But when we open threads to clearly show how Islam supports terrorism, take, pedophilia and women suppression, pro-islamic nairaland mods quickly move the threads to the Islamic section where Christians and even the OP of such threads will have to swear a satanic oath before commenting.

It's a Big shame: Attacking someone, but when the person comes out to fight, you runaway to hide behind security.
thank GOD u said u have to swear satanic oath and islam miniforum is shielded with asshadatyn to keep crawling demons like u away from it
Re: Discussion With A Christian About The Crucifixion by Demmzy15(m): 1:39pm On Oct 12, 2017
newsynews:
[s]Shouldnt you Muslims be ashamed that when you open such Antichrist threads Christians can't comment on such to expose your lies?

It's a Big shame: Attacking someone, but when the person comes out to fight, you runaway to hide behind security. [/s]
You guys are too emotional, there's nothing "antichristic" about the post, if there's any, I challenge you to point it out.

From all observations, you're quite new to this section. Y'all should be the last to ever complain about Muslims creating threads about Christianity, if you had been here some years back, Christians do so in the worst of manners. Threads on abuses and curses, making jest, etc. This thread is no such thread, it only presents the other side of the story which is very possible!
Re: Discussion With A Christian About The Crucifixion by newsynews: 2:42pm On Oct 12, 2017
Demmzy15:
You guys are too emotional, there's nothing "antichristic" about the post, if there's any, I challenge you to point it out.

From all observations, you're quite new to this section. Y'all should be the last to ever complain about Muslims creating threads about Christianity, if you had been here some years back, Christians do so in the worst of manners. Threads on abuses and curses, making jest, etc. This thread is no such thread, it only presents the other side of the story which is very possible!
I'm not against opening antichristian or anti-islamic threads.

What I'm against is Nairaland mods moving such threads to front page.

FYI, you muslims are the emotional ones, that's why you are protected on this forum.
Re: Discussion With A Christian About The Crucifixion by Demmzy15(m): 9:19pm On Oct 12, 2017
newsynews:
I'm not against opening antichristian or anti-islamic threads.

What I'm against is Nairaland mods moving such threads to front page.

FYI, you muslims are the emotional ones, that's why you are protected on this forum.
We're emotional you say? You abuse our God, Prophet and even innocent Muslims everyday and you think that will not make any rational human react?
Re: Discussion With A Christian About The Crucifixion by newsynews: 7:21am On Oct 13, 2017
Demmzy15:
We're emotional you say? You abuse our God, Prophet and even innocent Muslims everyday and you think that will not make any rational human react?
No one abuses your god and Prophet. Their actions are abusive enough. We only wonder why you find it abusive when we point them out to you.
Re: Discussion With A Christian About The Crucifixion by umarshek6(m): 11:43am On Oct 13, 2017
newsynews:
No one abuses your god and Prophet. Their actions are abusive enough. We only wonder why you find it abusive when we point them out to you.
what actions
Re: Discussion With A Christian About The Crucifixion by 3slleeq: 2:38pm On Oct 19, 2017
Take your time to read this little but very informative piece, It should help clear your doubts about the death, crucifixion and resurrection of (Isa)Jesus.

"CHRIST" NOT A NAME
Over a thousand million Christians today blindly accept that Jesus of Nazareth is the Christ. They produce "a thousand and one" prophecies from the Jewish Bible (the Old Testament) to prove their claim that Jesus was the Messiah promised to the Jews. Let us hold the "thousand" prophecies in abeyance for a moment and examine the only unequivocal claim made by Jesus in the Gospels and examine whether he fulfilled his promise to the Jews. We must admit that the word CHRIST is not a name. It is a title. It is a translation of the Hebrew word Messiah, meaning "anointed." The Greek word for "anointed" is Christos from which we get the word Christ. Priests and kings were "anointed" when being consecrated to their office. The Holy Bible confers this title even on a heathen king CYRUS (Isaiah 45:1). We are reminded in the Gospel of St. Luke that "WHEN EIGHT DAYS WERE ACCOMPLISHED FOR THE CIRCUMCISING OF THE CHILD, HIS NAME WAS CALLED JESUS, WHICH WAS SO NAMED OF THE ANGEL BEFORE HE WAS CONCEIVED IN THE WOMB." (Luke 2:21). The name that was given to Mary for her yet unborn son was JESUS and NOT Christ. It was only after his baptism at the hands of John the Baptist that he, Jesus, claimed to be the Christ. The Jews were not the ones to accept his claim on its face value. They wanted proof!

MIRACLE AS PROOF
Matthew records that the learned men among the Jews - the Scribes and Pharisees - came to Jesus and asked, "MASTER, WE WOULD SEE A SIGN FROM THEE". (Matthew 12:38). What they really wanted was some "magic trick," some "sleight of hand" like producing a rabbit out of a hat or walking on the water or flying in the air or trodding on burning coal. This is the type of "sign" or MIRACLE they were looking for. The Jews mistook him for a sorcerer, a wizard, a charlatan.

NO "SIGN" BUT ONE
With righteous indignation Jesus replies: "AN EVIL AND ADULTEROUS GENERATION SEEKETH AFTER A SIGN; AND THERE SHALL NO SIGN (no miracle) BE GIVEN TO IT, BUT THE SIGN (miracle) OF THE PROPHET JONAS: FOR AS JONAS WAS THREE DAYS AND THREE NIGHTS IN THE WHALE'S BELLY; SO SHALL THE SON OF MAN BE THREE DAYS AND THREE NIGHTS IN THE HEART OF THE
EARTH."
(Matthew 12:39-40). Jesus says, "NO SIGN." He does not refer the Jews to blind Bartimeus whose sight he had restored. He does not speak about the "woman with issues" who was healed by merely touching him; or about the 2000 pigs he had destroyed to heal "a man possessed;" or the 5000 and the 3000 people he had fed and satiated with a few pieces of fish and a few pieces of bread. 'No sign," says Jesus, BUT ONE! - "THE SIGN OF THE PROPHET JONAS" He is putting all his "eggs" in one basket. His claim to being the Messiah (Christ) stands or falls by the ONLY "sign" he was prepared to give.

Did Jesus fulfil the only sign he gave? Christendom answers with a unanimous Y-E-S! without heeding the Biblical advice - 'not to take things for granted.' –but "PROVE ALL THINGS!" (1 Thessalonians 5:21)

JONAH FLEES HIS CALL
What was the "sign" (miracle) of Jonah? We have to go to the "Book of Jonah" in the Old Testament to find out. God commanded Jonah to go to Nineveh and warn the Ninevites to repent from their "evil ways, and from the violence that is in their hands." (Jonah 3:cool But Jonah was loath to go as a warner unto the Ninevites, so he goes to Joppa instead of Nineveh, and takes a boat to run away from the Lord's command. While at sea, there was a terrible tempest. According to the superstition of the mariners, a person fleeing from his Master's command creates such a turmoil at sea. They began to enquire among themselves and said, "COME, AND LET US CAST LOTS, (like the tossing of a coin, "head" or "tail"wink THAT WE MAY KNOW FOR WHOSE CAUSE THIS EVIL IS UPON US. SO THEY CAST LOTS, AND THE LOT FELL UPON JONAH." (Jonah 1:7) Though there was a temporary lapse on the part of Jonah in fulfilling his mission, he manfully and most courageously volunteers: "AND HE SAID UNTO THEM TAKE ME UP, AND CAST ME FORTH INTO THE SEA; SO SHALL THE SEA BE CALM UNTO YOU: FOR I KNOW THAT FOR MY SAKE THIS GREAT TEMPEST IS UPON YOU." (Jonah 1:12)

DEAD OR ALIVE?
Since Jonah was selflessly offering himself as a "vicarious" sacrifice there was no need for strangling him before throwing him into the sea, no need to spear him or break his arm or limb. In his own words: "TAKE ME UP AND CAST ME FORTH." The question now arises, that when the shipmaster and the crew threw him overboard, was Jonah dead or[b] alive[/b]? Any Christian child who has attended Sunday School will give an immediate reply: "ALIVE!" The storm subsides. Was this perhaps a coincidence? A fish swallows Jonah. Was he dead or alive when swallowed? The answer again is "ALIVE." Was he dead or alive when "JONAH PRAYED UNTO THE LORD HIS GOD OUT OF THE FISH'S BELLY?" (Jonah 2:1) Surely dead men don't cry and don't pray! The answer again is "ALIVE." For three days and three nights the fish takes him around the ocean: dead or alive? "ALIVE!" is the answer. On the third day it vomits him on the seashore: dead or alive? A-L-I-V-E, of course! What had Jesus prophesied about himself? He said: "AS JONAH WAS ..... SO SHALL THE SON OF MAN BE" "soos Jonah" - "njenga Jonah" – LIKE JONAH. And how was Jonah? Was he dead or alive for three days and three nights? Alive! ALIVE! ALIVE! is the unanimous answer from the Jew, the Christian and the Muslim!

UNLIKE JONAH
If Jonah was alive for three days and three nights, then Jesus also ought to have been alive in the tomb as he himself had foretold! But Christianity hangs on the flimsy thread of the "death" of Jesus for its salvation. So it has to answer that Jesus was DEAD for three days and three nights. The contradiction between his utterance and its fulfilment is obvious. Jonah ALIVE, Jesus DEAD! Very UNLIKE Jonah! Jesus had said "LIKE Jonah" not UNLIKE Jonah. If this is true then according to his own test Jesus is not the TRUE Messiah of the Jews. If the Gospel record is genuine then how can we blame the Jews for rejecting "CHRIST."

THREE AND THREE = 72 HOURS?
The Doctor of Divinity and the Professor of Theology replies that in Matthew 12:40 under discussion, the emphasis is on the TIME factor - "as Jonas was THREE days and THREE nights in the belly of the whale, so shall the son of man be THREE days and THREE nights in the heart of the earth." "Please note," says the learned theologian, "that the word "THREE" is repeated F-O-U-R [/b]times in this verse to prove that Jesus was going to fulfil the prophecy as regards the length of time he was going to remain in the tomb, and NOT [b]'As Jonas was' [/b]in relation to his being [b]alive or dead.

If it is the time factor that Jesus was stressing then let us ask whether he fulfilled that aspect of his promise to the Jews as well. The Christian dogmatist answers: "OFCOURSE!"

PUBLIC HOLIDAY
The question arises: when was Christ crucified? The whole Christian world answers: "FRIDAY!" Is this the reason we celebrate "Good Friday" - "Gooi-Vrydag" – as a Public Holiday in the Republic of South Africa? And every Christian nation from America to Zambia, from Abyssinia to Zaire have a Public Holiday on the "FRIDAY" [/b]at Easter. What makes "Good Friday" so good? "It is the death of Christ on the Cross on this day to wash off our sins," says the Christians. So he was killed on the cross on a Friday, 1950 years ago? "YES!" says the Christians. From the Gospel records we gather that the Jews were in a hurry to eliminate Jesus. Hence the midnight trial, and then despatching him off to Pilate in the morning; from Pilate to Herod and then back again to Pilate. The vested interests were afraid of the general public. Jesus was their hero. He had been their benefactor. His enemies had to do away with him quickly, and succeeded in doing so. However, as much as they were in a hurry to hang him on the cross, they were in equal hurry to bring him down from the cross before sunset on Friday because of the Sabbath. The Sabbath starts at about 6 p.m. on Friday and the Jews were warned in Deuteronomy 21:23 that the victim of crucifixion was an "accursed of God" and was not to be permitted to remain hanging on the Sabbath day, "that thy land be not defiled which the Lord thy God giveth thee for an inheritance." To satisfy the religious scruples of the Scribes and Pharisees the "secret disciples" of Jesus took down the body from the cross. They gave the body the Jewish burial-bath, plastered it with "one hundred pounds weight of aloes and myrrh" (John 19:39), then placed the shrouded body into the sepulchre before night-fall.

WHY "SUPPOSED"?
There are numerous differences between the various sects and denominations of Christianity, but on the above they are unanimous. Jesus is SUPPOSED to be in the tomb on the night of Friday. He is still SUPPOSED to be in the tomb on the day of Saturday. He is still SUPPOSED to be in the tomb on the night of Saturday. Christians agree whole-heartedly with this. It will be noted that I have repeated the word 'SUPPOSED' three times. The reason is that the Gospels are silent as to when exactly Jesus came out of the tomb. He could have been taken away on Friday night by his "secret disciples"[/b]to a more congenial and restful place, but I have no right to assume about what the Gospel writers are silent. I have, therefore, repeated the word [b]'SUPPOSED' three times.

In the final analysis, let us see whether Jesus was THREE days and THREE niqhts in the tomb:

[img][/img]

You will no doubt note that the GRAND TOTAL is ONE day and TWO nights, and NOT three days and three nights. According to the Christian Scriptures Jesus had failed a SECOND time. FIRST he was unlike Jonah, who was ALIVE in the belly of the fish, which is the exact opposite of what the Christians claim had happened to their master Jesus, who was DEAD for the same period of time as Jonah was - [b]ALIVE.

SECONDLY, we discover that he also failed to fulfil the TIME FACTOR as well. The greatest mathematician in Christendom will fail to obtain the desired result – THREE days and THREE nights. We must not forget that the Gospels are explicit in telling us that it was "before sunrise" on Sunday morning (the FIRST day of the week), that Mary Magdalene went to the tomb of Jesus and found it empty.

The question arises, who deceived the millions of Christians for the past TWO THOUSAND years. If this is the belief of the trend-setters of the Christian Faith in the world today, may we not then ask: is this not the mightiest hoax in history?

(1) (Reply)

Apostasy In The Qur'an? / Ramadan Day Sms / Ramadan 2011 Message

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.