Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,808 members, 7,837,910 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

You Do Not Know What You’re Doing, Cleric Tells Gov Obi. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Do Not Know What You’re Doing, Cleric Tells Gov Obi. (1256 Views)

Biafra: Release Kanu Or Heavens Will Strike, Cleric Tells Buhari / Stop Bemoaning PDP’s Mishandling Of Nigeria, Cleric Tells Buhari / Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Do Not Know What You’re Doing, Cleric Tells Gov Obi. by Fatdon(m): 5:07am On Mar 09, 2013
What promised to be a mild drama was abruptly aborted
when, at Ogidi Boys High School,
yesterday, in the course of
Governor Peter Obi’s routine visit
to schools, the Catholic
Archbishop of Onitsha, Most Reverend Valerian Okeke looked
Obi in the face and said to him:
‘You do not know what you’re
doing.’ When everybody was ready to
receive the bombshell the
Archbishop explained: ‘Mr
Governor, I said you do not know
what you’re doing because all
the sacrifices you are making today, the efforts to revitalize
institutions of state, to build
roads, hospitals, schools,
industries and so on, you do not
know the impact they will have
on the society in ten years time. You are really God’s wonderful
gift to Anambra State.’ The Archbishop lamented what
he called four wasted decades in
Anambra State consequent upon
the forceful takeover of mission
schools which the State turned
into a den for training armed robbers and all manners of vile
characters that made the State
rather than continue in the
tradition of excellence, to
embarrassingly become an
exporter of criminals to other parts of the country. The Archbishop said he was
happy that Obi’s seven years as
Governor had been devoted to
reversing this trend. He insisted
that today, even those in the
opposition had continued to concede that he has done better
than any other Governor since
Anambra State was created. He expressed the wish for Obi’s
successor to be like him by
saying: ‘odi ka gi ako na
anyi’ ( may the State never lack
someone like you). Addressing students of the
schools visited along with the
Governor, Most Reverend
Valerian Okeke said by trying to
make life easier for them, the
Governor was directing them to see excellence as their only
mantra. In his own remarks, Governor Obi
who visited ten schools and
mission hospitals yesterday
including, Mater Amabilis, Umuoji; Our Lady
Secondary School, Nnobi; St
Joseph Special Science School &
Seminary, Awka Etiti, Girls’
Secondary School, Umudioka, and
Boys Secondary School Ogidi; and presented cheques worth
50 million Naira to Archbishop
Valerian Okeke said the money
brought the State’s 2012
support to the schools to a
close. The Governor however assured that the support for
2013 will commence in this
quarter. He lamented what he
called the destruction of school
system through the takeover of
mission schools and once more apologized for what he
described as grave error by the
government.
www.vanguardngr.com/2013/03/you-do-not-know-what-youre-doing-cleric-tells-gov-obi/
Re: You Do Not Know What You’re Doing, Cleric Tells Gov Obi. by ZUBY77(m): 6:29am On Mar 09, 2013
Those are his priests. He has been sharing money like pdp since last month. No more ideas
Re: You Do Not Know What You’re Doing, Cleric Tells Gov Obi. by Nobody: 6:49am On Mar 09, 2013
I'm really impressed with many of what Governor Peter Obi has done in Anambra State. He tried as much as possible to develop all sectors at the same time, not just road construction.

Peter Obi wil definitely leave indelible legacies in the state. Basic education in the state for instance can never be the same again.

1 Like

Re: You Do Not Know What You’re Doing, Cleric Tells Gov Obi. by FreeGlobe(f): 7:08am On Mar 09, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: I'm really impressed with many of what Governor Peter Obi has done in Anambra State. He tried as much as possible to develop all sectors at the same time, not just road construction.

Peter Obi wil definitely leave indelible legacies in the state. Basic education in the state for instance can never be the same again.
lmao... where did he do that? There is NO sign of government presence in Anambra. Obi would rather pay the press like fashola and bishops instead of doing any work. may Anambra never have another stingy, unqualified, confused governor like Mrs. Peter obi.

1 Like

Re: You Do Not Know What You’re Doing, Cleric Tells Gov Obi. by asha80(m): 7:43am On Mar 09, 2013
only god knows the extent of damage that was done when governments in the country took over the running of schools in the early seventies.
Re: You Do Not Know What You’re Doing, Cleric Tells Gov Obi. by Nobody: 7:56am On Mar 09, 2013
asha 80: only god knows the extent of damage that was done when governments in the country took over the running of schools in the early seventies.
The damage is indeed incalculable. In fact, if I were to rate worst decisions of govt, the forceful takeover of missionary schools would rank number one. The rottened education system of today, the morally bankrupt society, increased crime and criminalities, cultism, corrupt and clueless ruling class,etc can all be traced back to the fall of the missionary schools. The leaders of the country that had a hand in the formulation and implementation of that wicked and unpardonable policy would not rest peace.
Re: You Do Not Know What You’re Doing, Cleric Tells Gov Obi. by kross01(m): 8:30am On Mar 09, 2013
FreeGlobe:
lmao... where did he do that? There is NO sign of government presence in Anambra. Obi would rather pay the press like fashola and bishops instead of doing any work. may Anambra never have another stingy, unqualified, confused governor like Mrs. Peter obi.
Believe u me, (stingy or not, mr or mrs) peter obi currently is one of the best guvnors(if nt d best) to ever happen to anambra state, that is if you can help urself with verifiable facts.
Re: You Do Not Know What You’re Doing, Cleric Tells Gov Obi. by FreeGlobe(f): 8:48am On Mar 09, 2013
kross_01:
Believe u me, (stingy or not, mr or mrs) peter obi currently is one of the best guvnors(if nt d best) to ever happen to anambra state, that is if you can help urself with verifiable facts.
Why should I believe you. Anambra is a mess of governance. Dirty and dusty cities. No decorum. Tiny roads. Awka is a mess for a capital. Same with onitsha. Peter obi is running the state like a trader in onitsha main market who knows nothing apart from his business. Ngige's 2 years would be better than obi's 100 years (if possible). Forget press propaganda. He is very unpopular in the state.
Re: You Do Not Know What You’re Doing, Cleric Tells Gov Obi. by kross01(m): 8:57am On Mar 09, 2013
FreeGlobe:
Why should I believe you. Anambra is a mess of governance. Dirty and dusty cities. No decorum. Tiny roads. Awka is a mess for a capital. Same with onitsha. Peter obi is running the state like a trader in onitsha main market who knows nothing apart from his business. Ngige's 2 years would be better than obi's 100 years (if possible). Forget press propaganda. He is very unpopular in the state.
Now my brother i'm not talking about press propaganda but based on records of feats the state achieved under his watch.at a time the same state had the highest ntwrk of paved rds(dnt knw if it still holds till nw).he's more of a technocrat than a politician & no one can deny him that.if u are close to anambra state try to get hold of his ANIDS hand book & then u cn independently verify the claims on them. As for onitsha, u dont expect him to turn there to a haven over night despite the extent of damage already done?
Re: You Do Not Know What You’re Doing, Cleric Tells Gov Obi. by FreeGlobe(f): 9:10am On Mar 09, 2013
^
A technocrat? Peter Obi? lol. Even with adbsent or substandard projects?
Re: You Do Not Know What You’re Doing, Cleric Tells Gov Obi. by kross01(m): 9:27am On Mar 09, 2013
FreeGlobe: ^
yes he is one good technocrat. I still assure u, that the man did some good works for anambra state, dnt follow how good he is on people's books, check his projects & rate him on your own books.

1 Like

Re: You Do Not Know What You’re Doing, Cleric Tells Gov Obi. by kross01(m): 9:28am On Mar 09, 2013
Re: You Do Not Know What You’re Doing, Cleric Tells Gov Obi. by Sealeddeal(m): 9:43am On Mar 09, 2013
FreeGlobe:
being unpopular does not deny him his honour for a job welldone.If Gov.Peter Obi is a propagandist,by now,everybody in anambra state will see him as god just like Imolites saw Ohakim as god in his first two years in govt. Gov.Peter Obi does not seem to be seeking for praise as he is not prepared to contest any elective post again.Gov.Obi is not politician and thats why he was able to achieve so much a great feat that no other governor has achieved before. Gov.Obi built anambra from scratch without mortgaging the life of anambrarians;no loan from any financial institution. Any sane mind will surely understand what Gov.Obi has done in anambra state. God will bless Gov.Peter Obi and his family.

1 Like

Re: You Do Not Know What You’re Doing, Cleric Tells Gov Obi. by gratiaeo(m): 12:47pm On Mar 09, 2013
You are not Anambrian so leave matter for mathias. Peter Obi is good for us, if only how he handled Anambra crisis. Anambra was a war field during Mbadinuju and Ngige.
*The central bank was build in Awka during his regime
*Anambra joined league of oil producing state during his regime
*We are experiencing massive revolution in educational system
*Uncountable road construction
He may not be the messiah but him been among to 5 performing governor in Nigeria is undebatable
Our prayers should be God give us somebody who can continue from where he stop come 2014
Re: You Do Not Know What You’re Doing, Cleric Tells Gov Obi. by Nobody: 1:26pm On Mar 09, 2013
I am from Anambra state but I reside in Enugu. We all knew what Anambra looked like before Peter Obi came to power. Health, education and institutions of govt were zero. The road networks only improved a bit when Ngige ruled for 3yrs plus.

But Peter Obi came to power with determination to revamp all the sectors- health, education, roads, institutions of govt, industsalization,etc And so far, he has done very well considering the resources available to the state. He has not embarked on any white elephant project, neither is he wasteful.

I pray that, come 2014, God will give us another governor that will build on what Peter Obi has done so far

1 Like

Re: You Do Not Know What You’re Doing, Cleric Tells Gov Obi. by FreeGlobe(f): 4:31pm On Mar 09, 2013
gratiaeo:
You are not Anambrian so leave matter for mathias. Peter Obi is good for us, if only how he handled Anambra crisis. Anambra was a war field during Mbadinuju and Ngige.
*The central bank was build in Awka during his regime
*Anambra joined league of oil producing state during his regime
*We are experiencing massive revolution in educational system
*Uncountable road construction
He may not be the messiah but him been among to 5 performing governor in Nigeria is undebatable
Our prayers should be God give us somebody who can continue from where he stop come 2014
I dey laugh you. You are not more Anambra than me. You don't even know how and when CBN was initiated in Awka and construction began even before Peter obi became governor. Peter obi is a failure and one of the worst governors in Nigeria. He imprisoned Anambra funds in his bank fidelity for 8 years, collecting the interests saying he was saving it, he pays media editors for propaganda, no facelift whatsoever in Anambra cities, the roads that Ngige built have outlasted the few tiny roads obi did. No significant achievement in 8 years no wonder you have to use Federal projects to support your false claim. Peter obi is a failure. huge one.
Re: You Do Not Know What You’re Doing, Cleric Tells Gov Obi. by ifyalways(f): 4:44pm On Mar 09, 2013
Only on the pages of nld and ofcourse without any picture do we hear of Öbi's massive works.
Can we see pictures of his so-called school, hospital developments?before and after.

I guess PIT toilets in this day and age counts as development to some people here. LMAO
Re: You Do Not Know What You’re Doing, Cleric Tells Gov Obi. by gratiaeo(m): 5:07pm On Mar 09, 2013
FreeGlobe:
I dey laugh you. You are not more Anambra than me. You don't even know how and when CBN was initiated in Awka and construction began even before Peter obi became governor. Peter obi is a failure and one of the worst governors in Nigeria. He imprisoned Anambra funds in his bank fidelity for 8 years, collecting the interests saying he was saving it, he pays media editors for propaganda, no facelift whatsoever in Anambra cities, the roads that Ngige built have outlasted the few tiny roads obi did. No significant achievement in 8 years no wonder you have to use Federal projects to support your false claim. Peter obi is a failure. huge one.
Smh......
Re: You Do Not Know What You’re Doing, Cleric Tells Gov Obi. by otokx(m): 8:22pm On Mar 09, 2013
Nairalanders living in Anambra state should assist us as me reporting live from greater port harcourt where there is no electricity as usual though we got it for 2 hours today.
Re: You Do Not Know What You’re Doing, Cleric Tells Gov Obi. by okoro: 8:31am On May 01
ifyalways:
Only on the pages of nld and ofcourse without any picture do we hear of Öbi's massive works.
Can we see pictures of his so-called school, hospital developments?before and after.

I guess PIT toilets in this day and age counts as development to some people here. LMAO
I missed this woman on Nairaland
She is blunt and bold
Although she may be Obidient now because of their bigotry
Re: You Do Not Know What You’re Doing, Cleric Tells Gov Obi. by Okete001(f): 8:50am On May 01
Hehehehe

See old old receipts.

E no go better for criminals wey wan force Agulu failure on us
Re: You Do Not Know What You’re Doing, Cleric Tells Gov Obi. by Okete001(f): 8:51am On May 01
ZUBY77:
Those are his priests. He has been sharing money like pdp since last month. No more ideas

Hehehe

Bookmarked
Re: You Do Not Know What You’re Doing, Cleric Tells Gov Obi. by Okete001(f): 8:53am On May 01
ifyalways:

Hehehehe

Bookmarked
Re: You Do Not Know What You’re Doing, Cleric Tells Gov Obi. by DatNiggaDaz: 8:56am On May 01
grin grin grin

Call the grave digger, fake niggazs fuc'ing wit a made Nigga. grin grin

Tinubulators running helter skelter over PO's matter since the days of the fallen demons

grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

All Suicide Bombers Shall Be Tormented With Bombs In Hell Fire Forever, Gumi / Jonathan Faces More Internal Struggle / I Saw A Man Walked Out With His Leg ––shocking Account Of Agagu's Plane Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.