Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,313 members, 7,853,452 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 04:57 PM

My Highest Paying Customer Is A Nigerian –queen Elizabeth’s Tailor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Highest Paying Customer Is A Nigerian –queen Elizabeth’s Tailor (624 Views)

PMB Vs GEJ With Queen Elizabeth At CHOGM (Photos) / See How Ahmadu Bello Greeted Queen Elizabeth On Her Visit 2 Nigeria In 1956(pic / Tokunbo Awolowo Who Presented Flower To Queen Elizabeth In 1956 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Highest Paying Customer Is A Nigerian –queen Elizabeth’s Tailor by kaysy(m): 11:27am On Mar 09, 2013
Shirt maker and owner of Grosvenor Shirts Limited, Karl Dunkley, was recently awarded the Royal Warrant by Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II. This makes him the Queen’s official tailor. In this interview with JULIET BUMAH, he talks about his art

What’s the process of shirt making at Grosvenor?

We start with a range of classic shirts but increasingly we become more uptown, more interesting and more unique. We first of all start about a year ahead with designing of the clothes. Then we make a whole range of a collection – very limited edition. So there would only be 10 to 12 shirts designed for only one store and potentially they could be the only 12 in the world because they could just be uniquely made for that store.

How long have you been in this business?

I have always been in the clothing industry; I started working at Harrods when I was 16 and I worked my way through different things before ending up in the clothing business.

How did you break into the Nigerian fashion industry?

Nigeria came about because of my factory in the UK. We have our own boutique in Mayfair, just off New Bond Street. Before then, we were in Selfridges, we always had a lot of Nigerian customers. I think the shirts are more appreciated by Nigerians than other nationals.

You have been granted Royal Warrant by the Queen of England…

We have been granted a Royal Warrant by the queen as outfitters; basically, there are only three royal warrants that are issued. One is from Her Majesty the Queen; the other, from His Royal Highness, Prince Phillip; and the third, from His Royal Highness, the Prince of Wales. These are the only three people who can grant royal warrants. To be granted a royal warrant, you must have been a regular supplier to the individual or household for a minimum of five years.

How did you get that link to the British royal family?

I have always had contacts. I have been doing it for many years in previous companies. I looked after royal warrants in those companies.

http://www.punchng.com/entertainment/the-fashionista/my-highest-paying-customer-is-a-nigerian-queen-elizabeths-tailor/
Re: My Highest Paying Customer Is A Nigerian –queen Elizabeth’s Tailor by Tolexander: 12:28pm On Mar 09, 2013
kaysy: How did you break into the
Nigerian fashion industry?
Nigeria came about because
of my factory in the UK. We
have our own boutique in
Mayfair, just off New Bond
Street. Before then, we were
in Selfridges, we always had
a lot of Nigerian customers. I
think the shirts are more
appreciated by Nigerians
than other nationals.

This shouldn't be in politics but entertainment section!
There are many fashion designers better that her in nigeria.
Nigerians and hypocrisy!
Re: My Highest Paying Customer Is A Nigerian –queen Elizabeth’s Tailor by kaysy(m): 12:31pm On Mar 09, 2013
^^ Mod... please move to appropriate section of the forum. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Did You See That Nscdc Boss ?? / Gej's Accomplishment Since Office Assumption / Popularized 'Oga On Top' Obafaiye Shem has been Cleared

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.