Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,596 members, 7,823,599 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. (7792 Views)

Salient Points From the Epistle to the Romans / In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? / Romans-11 Vs 25 And 2-Thessalonians 2 Vs 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. by italo: 6:11am On Mar 18, 2013
davidylan:

Again this is a deliberate twisting of the truth... no one worships or kneels before the bible. It is merely an instructional manual.

These people appear to be kneeling before the Bible and they dont seem to be using it as an "instructional manual" there.

WHO IS TWISTING THE TRUTH HERE MR DAVIDYLAN?

Re: 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. by italo: 6:14am On Mar 18, 2013
davidylan:

Again this is a deliberate twisting of the truth... no one worships or kneels before the bible. It is merely an instructional manual.

Re: 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. by italo: 6:40am On Mar 18, 2013
davidylan:

KNEELING BEFORE THE BIBLE

Re: 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. by italo: 6:48am On Mar 18, 2013
davidylan:

IS THIS MAN NOT WORSHIPING AND KNEELING BEFORE THE BIBLE? I DONT SEE HIM TAKING ANY INSTRUCTIONS FROM IT!

Re: 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. by italo: 6:54am On Mar 18, 2013
Do you need more evidence?
Re: 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. by italo: 7:24am On Mar 18, 2013
davidylan:

Sigh. I didnt ignore or dodge your questions because essentially they are red herrings meant to obscure the real facts here. The "relics" you mention in the scriptures were NEVER at any time objects of veneration. So what exactly is the correlation?

Here comes the 'doctrinal dance' that protestants always use to blur the discussion when their arguments are being torn apart... Jumping from one issue to another.

Your first question on this thread was "what is the spiritual significance of a moldy heart" or something like that.

And I asked the same about Elijah's bones (implying that they both have similar spiritual significance)

Then you said:

davidylan: Back in the old testament, the people didnt have the luxury of an in-dwelling Holy Spirit. They had to rely on physical acts divine power unlike us who now have a advocate with the Father through the blood shed on the cross. God used a myriad of opportunities to reach His people - Elisha's bones, a river, an ass, a harlot etc. Do we also venerate a river for curing Naaman of his leprosy?

Implying that you believed a dead man's bones (or flesh) could communicate God's grace and Spirit but there is no longer use for it ("physical acts of divine power"wink in the new testament.

Paul used "physical acts of divine power" (aprons and handerchiefs) to heal people. Did this happen in the OT or NT?

Even Jesus used "physical acts of divine power" to heal the man born blind.
John 9:6 "After saying this, he spit on the ground, made some mud with the saliva, and put it on the man’s eyes. 7 “Go,” he told him, “wash in the Pool of Siloam” (this word means “Sent”). So the man went and washed, and came home seeing."

Why did he have to use his SALIVA, MUD and the POOL of SILOAM when he could have just willed it and the man would see?

And did this happen in the OT or in the NT?

Stop trying hard to confuse the issue. Let us get this point clear before we move to the issue of "veneration"?

Were "physical acts of divine power" only to be used in the Old Testament and prohibited in the New testament?

YES or NO?
Re: 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. by Ubenedictus(m): 8:06am On Mar 18, 2013
ijawkid:

Ube so u support the worshipping of dead rotten meat??.....why ona dey fall me hand like this??.....angry
u do not know d definition of worship, u think worship is posture, i can't discuss with your adamance and ignorance. Go and learn what worship is.
Re: 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. by Ubenedictus(m): 8:09am On Mar 18, 2013
Pastor Kun:

What he actually meant is Historical catholicism.
historical christianity i said, ur protestanism started in d 16th century, u guys have hybrid teachings
Re: 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. by Ubenedictus(m): 8:10am On Mar 18, 2013
Boomark:

ohw! i was thinking christians actually bowed and venerated to dead bodies or piece of dead meat in history. My heart almost skip. Thanks for the clarification.

you've gat no idea!!!
Re: 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. by Ubenedictus(m): 8:15am On Mar 18, 2013
italo:

I get you.

'It is a sin to kneel before 'a piece of flesh' but it is perfectly okay to kneel before a book.'

I get you but I dont agree.
actually by now i expected them to have brought a bible passage that says "do no bow b4 d dead". If there is no passage to that effect then what d hell are they arguing about?
Re: 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. by Ubenedictus(m): 8:19am On Mar 18, 2013
italo:

Here comes the 'doctrinal dance' that protestants always use to blur the discussion when their arguments are being torn apart... Jumping from one issue to another.

Your first question on this thread was "what is the spiritual significance of a moldy heart" or something like that.

And I asked the same about Elijah's bones (implying that they both have similar spiritual significance)

Then you said:

Implying that you believed a dead man's bones (or flesh) could communicate God's grace and Spirit but there is no longer use for it ("physical acts of divine power"wink in the new testament.

Paul used "physical acts of divine power" (aprons and handerchiefs) to heal people. Did this happen in the OT or NT?

Even Jesus used "physical acts of divine power" to heal the man born blind.
John 9:6 "After saying this, he spit on the ground, made some mud with the saliva, and put it on the man’s eyes. 7 “Go,” he told him, “wash in the Pool of Siloam” (this word means “Sent”). So the man went and washed, and came home seeing."

Why did he have to use his SALIVA, MUD and the POOL of SILOAM when he could have just willed it and the man would see?

And did this happen in the OT or in the NT?

Stop trying hard to confuse the issue. Let us get this point clear before we move to the issue of "veneration"?

Were "physical acts of divine power" only to be used in the Old Testament and prohibited in the New testament?

YES or NO?

i wont be surprised if he decides to dance with you
Re: 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. by italo: 9:16am On Mar 18, 2013
Ubenedictus: actually by now i expected them to have brought a bible passage that says "do no bow b4 d dead". If there is no passage to that effect then what d hell are they arguing about?

Exactly.

There question should be "where does the Bible say: dont bow before the dead?"

If the Bible doesnt say it, then it is "UNBIBLICAL" to say it, abi?!
Re: 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. by ijawkid(m): 9:17am On Mar 18, 2013
Ubenedictus: u do not know d definition of worship, u think worship is posture, i can't discuss with your adamance and ignorance. Go and learn what worship is.

O men we all know what worship means in all angles...don't take us for fools or kids.......which ever way you choose to define worship,bowing before a dead meat remains something detestable to God.............don't call me ignorant...if anyone is ignorant it is you and italo and your clerics who've chosen to shove scriptural injunctions aside to espouse the worship of a rotten meat...are you guys vampires or what??.......angry
Re: 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. by ijawkid(m): 9:24am On Mar 18, 2013
italo:

Exactly.

Even when the scriptures say do not make graven images you guys out rightly disobey such commands to make useless statues...........if u can show any of Gods servants that preserved the dead bodies of persons to bow down to it you can as well show us and stop supporting idolatry.....it is obvious that u guys can worship just about anything...even the sh++t in your toilet..........smh!!!..........

Did Jesus our master bow down to dead bodies....italo and UBE you guys are both a big disgrace to Christ........angry
Re: 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. by ijawkid(m): 9:28am On Mar 18, 2013
Instead of catholics to ressurect dead bodies they rather mummify them and bow down to them....what utter pagan rubbish!!!....

I guess this is what Jesus and the apostles did........angry
Re: 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. by italo: 9:52am On Mar 18, 2013
*SEEN AND IGNORED*

Waiting around for the next HUMAN BEING
Re: 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. by Ubenedictus(m): 10:52am On Mar 18, 2013
ijawkid:

O men we all know what worship means in all angles...don't take us for fools or kids.......which ever way you choose to define worship,bowing before a dead meat remains something detestable to God.............don't call me ignorant...if anyone is ignorant it is you and italo and your clerics who've chosen to shove scriptural injunctions aside to espouse the worship of a rotten meat...are you guys vampires or what??.......angry

yet u till seem unable to define worship. u rest is just ur emotional arguement.

1 Like

Re: 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. by Ubenedictus(m): 10:58am On Mar 18, 2013
ijawkid:

Even when the scriptures say do not make graven images you guys out rightly disobey such commands to make useless statues...........if u can show any of Gods servants that preserved the dead bodies of persons to bow down to it you can as well show us and stop supporting idolatry.....it is obvious that u guys can worship just about anything...even the sh++t in your toilet..........smh!!!..........

Did Jesus our master bow down to dead bodies....italo and UBE you guys are both a big disgrace to Christ........angry
d scriptures also say keep d sabbath holy. i doubt follow dat scripture uh?? and lastly dat heart wasnt preserved it is in-corrupt

1 Like

Re: 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. by Nobody: 11:01am On Mar 18, 2013
Smh
Re: 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. by christemmbassey(m): 11:42am On Mar 18, 2013
Ubenedictus: u do not know d definition of worship, u think worship is posture, i can't discuss with your adamance and ignorance. Go and learn what worship is.
et tu ubenedictus!
Re: 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. by christemmbassey(m): 11:53am On Mar 18, 2013
italo:

Exactly.

go ahead and worship excreter, u have every right to worshp anything, its catholicism and do not call it christianty, Am sure Frosbel etc wont bother u.
Re: 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. by christemmbassey(m): 12:03pm On Mar 18, 2013
Ubenedictus: d scriptures also say keep d sabbath holy. i doubt follow dat scripture uh?? and lastly dat heart wasnt preserved it is in-corrupt
if u ppl can support bishops, cardinals etc destroying the anus of young boys and men, what wont u support. Only God knows what rcc is still hiding from the public, is it canibalism or satanism? Watch out for rcc2.
Re: 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. by ijawkid(m): 12:10pm On Mar 18, 2013
Ubenedictus: yet u till seem unable to define worship. u rest is just ur emotional arguement.

You want me to define worship to you abi??.......when u bow in front of the mary statue or when you count your beads like muslims or buddhists and recite the hail mary and also when you do obeisance to a dead piece of meat you can do well to ask yourself what worship is.....you guys think you are dealing with new born babies.......angry.........
Re: 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. by christemmbassey(m): 12:13pm On Mar 18, 2013
ijawkid:

these ppl are NOT CHRISTIANS BUT CATHOLICS, THEY ARE JUST PRACTICING THEIR RELIGION' if u want them to stop worshiping wood, stones, rotten flesh etc , u have to convert them 1st. As long as they are still in rcc, just 4get them.
Re: 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. by ijawkid(m): 12:15pm On Mar 18, 2013
Ubenedictus: d scriptures also say keep d sabbath holy. i doubt follow dat scripture uh?? and lastly dat heart wasnt preserved it is in-corrupt

We can from the scriptures learn about the law which the sabbath fell under and if christians are under obligation to observe it.......at least the sabbath was observed by patriarchs of old.....

Can you by any chance show us where servants of God at any time mummified dead bodies,move them from place to place and bow down to them??..........

Ona wan use us play abi??......
Re: 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. by Ubenedictus(m): 7:31pm On Mar 18, 2013
christemmbassey: if u ppl can support bishops, cardinals etc destroying the anus of young boys and men, what wont u support. Only God knows what rcc is still hiding from the public, is it canibalism or satanism? Watch out for rcc2.
keep ur bad mouth for one side and don't accuse me unjustly!!! Can u provide proof that i supported pedophilia Keep ur accusation to urself, that u lack knowledge about historical xtianity isnt my fault, do not add me to that nonesense.
Re: 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. by Ubenedictus(m): 7:34pm On Mar 18, 2013
ijawkid:

You want me to define worship to you abi??.......when u bow in front of the mary statue or when you count your beads like muslims or buddhists and recite the hail mary and also when you do obeisance to a dead piece of meat you can do well to ask yourself what worship is.....you guys think you are dealing with new born babies.......angry.........

no it a pity i am discussing with a grown man who on this issue has rejected his reasoning faculty. Worship=posture+beads. U try
Re: 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. by Ubenedictus(m): 7:37pm On Mar 18, 2013
ijawkid:

We can from the scriptures learn about the law which the sabbath fell under and if christians are under obligation to observe it.......at least the sabbath was observed by patriarchs of old.....

Can you by any chance show us where servants of God at any time mummified dead bodies,move them from place to place and bow down to them??..........

Ona wan use us play abi??......
hehehe, u accuse me of not "obeying" God's word now e dey pinch u 4 body. Jacobs bones were moved around.
Re: 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. by ichuka(m): 1:23am On Mar 19, 2013
Ubenedictus: hehehe, u accuse me of not "obeying" God's word now e dey pinch u 4 body. Jacobs bones were moved around.
Was moved arround for what?
Was it mummified to be worship?
Why can't you guys accept that those practice was done out of ignorance and move on.
Re: 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. by Nobody: 3:51am On Mar 19, 2013
italo:

These people appear to be kneeling before the Bible and they dont seem to be using it as an "instructional manual" there.

WHO IS TWISTING THE TRUTH HERE MR DAVIDYLAN?

this is deliberate dishonesty. Obviously they are praying, one just happens to be holding a bible. By that token would you claim they are also worshiping ties and wristwatches?
Re: 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. by Ubenedictus(m): 12:03am On Mar 20, 2013
i.chuka:

Was moved arround for what?
Was it mummified to be worship?
Why can't you guys accept that those practice was done out of ignorance and move on.
nobody mummified anything.
And its a pity that anything in d bible dat doesnt agree with your judgement u term it "done out of ignorance".
Re: 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. by ijawkid(m): 3:18am On Mar 20, 2013
Ubenedictus: no it a pity i am discussing with a grown man who on this issue has rejected his reasoning faculty. Worship=posture+beads. U try

And is worship = posture - beads??.......angry....

What do u use your dead beads for??.....to tie around your necks like lil wayne for entertainment......

You are d grown azz man that is running away from the truth..........

How can one bow before graven images,using beads and also reciting mantras to the beads and also to the carved image and then deny it isn't worship.....teLl that folk tale to your dead graven rosaries and mary statue.......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion / Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? / The Birth Of Christ Is More Important Than His Resurrection?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.