Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,565 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. (7787 Views)

Salient Points From the Epistle to the Romans / In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? / Romans-11 Vs 25 And 2-Thessalonians 2 Vs 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. by Nobody: 1:49pm On Mar 09, 2013
An estimated 6,000 pilgrims braved heavy rain to venerate the relic of St. John Vianney’s heart when it arrived in England in July 2012.

[img]http://ivarfjeld.files./2012/07/ach4.jpg?w=433&h=344[/img]
Archbishop Mark Davies of Shrewsbury pray in front of a piece of flesh, after bowing before the idol.

“This relic represents a call to the heart, a call to return to what must lie at the heart of the life our parishes declining or apparently flourishing in city, town and countryside,” Bishop Mark Davies of Shrewsbury told pilgrims at Liverpool’s Cathedral of Christ the King on July 6.

Why at all, cut a heart out of a corpse, put in in a box, and carry it around the World?

[img]http://ivarfjeld.files./2012/07/heart.jpg?w=450[/img]
The cut out heart of a Roman Catholic priest.

[img]http://ivarfjeld.files./2012/07/kiss2.jpg[/img]
The archbishop bow before, and kiss the box that contains the heart of the “saint”.

Source: Ewtnnews.com

My comment:

It is almost impossible to understand, why Roman Catholics wants to bow and pray in front of a dead piece of rotten meat.

2 Likes

Re: 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. by Nobody: 1:52pm On Mar 09, 2013
It is close to impossible to understand this, since Jesus of the Bible told us to pray in a totally different manner. He told us to go into a room, close the door and pray to the Father who is unseen.

Matthew 6:6
But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Why is it so difficult for the Archbishop of Shrewsbury to read and understand this?

The Messiah could not be a law breaker and a lawless man. It is absolutely unheard for Him to bow before pieces of created beings, when praying to His Father in Heaven.

The second commandment is crystal clear: Worship the Creator God, an absolutely nothing else. There are curses waiting for those who disobey.

Exodus 20:4-6
“You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.

You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.

You can read more about the saints who got his heart cut out, and is supposed to bring blessings to Roman Catholic priesthood and all members of the Order of Knights of Columbus.

Source

1 Like

Re: 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. by PastorKun(m): 2:17pm On Mar 09, 2013
SMH very sad

2 Likes

Re: 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. by ijawkid(m): 2:35pm On Mar 09, 2013
shocked
Re: 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. by OmoAlata(f): 2:41pm On Mar 09, 2013
Idolatory of the highest order sad

1 Like

Re: 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. by Goshen360(m): 3:10pm On Mar 09, 2013
laughing in tongues grin.....but it's not funny at all. shocked
Re: 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. by Nobody: 3:32pm On Mar 09, 2013
Goshen360: laughing in tongues grin.....but it's not funny at all. shocked

it's not funny, this spirit of anti-Christ is leading many of our fellow human beings to eternal destruction.

Watch, some will come and defend this dead man cult. SMH

Very sad , not at all funny !

1 Like

Re: 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. by tobechi20(m): 4:24pm On Mar 09, 2013
wats wrong with it
Re: 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. by martinseme: 4:39pm On Mar 09, 2013
as a former catholic i am really appalled by the absolute flagrant disobedient of catholics to the conmmandment of God not to bow,honour ,worship or pay homage to any thing living or dead . The dangerous act been perpetated by catholics on the excuse they only venerate and honour but not worship is one which will lead to their costly eternal damnation.

2 Likes

Re: 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. by italo: 5:54pm On Mar 09, 2013
I would like to debate all of you at the same time...but that is practically impossible.

So will the one who has never bowed before anything (living or non-living) please step forward.

I want to have a word with you.
Re: 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. by Goshen360(m): 6:08pm On Mar 09, 2013
italo: I would like to debate all of you at the same time...but that is practically impossible.

So will the one who has never bowed before anything (living or non-living) please step forward.

Stepped forward! Can I hear what you gat to say?
Re: 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. by Ubenedictus(m): 6:09pm On Mar 09, 2013
martinseme: as a former catholic i am really appalled by the absolute flagrant disobedient of catholics to the conmmandment of God not to bow,honour ,worship or pay homage to any thing living or dead . The dangerous act been perpetated by catholics on the excuse they only venerate and honour but not worship is one which will lead to their costly eternal damnation.
u have added to d word of God! Neither the old testament didnt prohibit honor, bow or homage paid to d living and faithful jews will also argue it didnt prohibit honor 4 d dead.
Where did u get d above from?
Re: 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. by italo: 6:25pm On Mar 09, 2013
Goshen360:

Thank you Sir.

What exactly is your problem with what the Catholics did?
Re: 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. by alexleo(m): 10:51pm On Mar 09, 2013
This is quite pathetic. May God save the catholics from this idle worship.
Re: 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. by Nobody: 11:02pm On Mar 09, 2013
For the life of me, I cannot understand how by some twist of logic anyone can refer the roman catholic church as mother church , when it is in direct opposition and rebellion to the cause and purpose of Christ , who is the real head of the real church.
Re: 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. by tobechi20(m): 11:30pm On Mar 09, 2013
d bible isnt against bowing, its against warshiping. U can bow witout woshipin, u can woship witout bowing, catolic do later, protestand do later
Re: 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. by ijawkid(m): 12:15am On Mar 10, 2013
tobechi20: d bible isnt against bowing, its against warshiping. U can bow witout woshipin, u can woship witout bowing, catolic do later, protestand do later

Hope u know worshipping could also just mean bowing down..............deep down y'all catholics know what we are talking about...... angry......the images,pound of flesh,statutes you bow down to are all connected to and part of your devotional routines(worship).............

Is it right in the eys of Yahweh and his Son??.......would they be happy with this lawless act??............

2 Likes

Re: 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. by beaulahestate(m): 12:58am On Mar 10, 2013
this is foolishness compound with profound stupidity. these guys are not saints but pegans. they are opposite of God's people and doctrine

2 Likes

Re: 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. by woky: 1:02am On Mar 10, 2013
frosbel:

it's not funny, this spirit of anti-Christ is leading many of our fellow human beings to eternal destruction.

Watch, some will come and defend this dead man cult. SMH

Very sad , not at all funny !
wats the meanin of SMH
Re: 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. by woky: 1:52am On Mar 10, 2013
frosbel: An estimated 6,000 pilgrims braved heavy rain to venerate the relic of St. John Vianney’s heart when it arrived in England in July 2012.

[img]http://ivarfjeld.files./2012/07/ach4.jpg?w=433&h=344[/img]
Archbishop Mark Davies of Shrewsbury pray in front of a piece of flesh, after bowing before the idol.

“This relic represents a call to the heart, a call to return to what must lie at the heart of the life our parishes declining or apparently flourishing in city, town and countryside,” Bishop Mark Davies of Shrewsbury told pilgrims at Liverpool’s Cathedral of Christ the King on July 6.

Why at all, cut a heart out of a corpse, put in in a box, and carry it around the World?

[img]http://ivarfjeld.files./2012/07/heart.jpg?w=450[/img]
The cut out heart of a Roman Catholic priest.

[img]http://ivarfjeld.files./2012/07/kiss2.jpg[/img]
The archbishop bow before, and kiss the box that contains the heart of the “saint”.

Source: Ewtnnews.com

My comment:

It is almost impossible to understand, why Roman Catholics wants to bow and pray in front of a dead piece of rotten meat.
catholic til i rest in peace aka RIP... Do knw wat i mean?? CATHAOLIC til i die
Re: 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. by italo: 6:51am On Mar 10, 2013
italo: I would like to debate all of you at the same time...but that is practically impossible.

Goshen360:

I guess that means the rest of you have bowed (or still bow) before living/non-living things. E.g Bible, elders, a respectable crowd, a dignitary, a pastor, altar etc...

What then is your problem with Catholics? You do what we do.
Re: 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. by CrazyMan(m): 8:14am On Mar 10, 2013
italo: I guess that means the rest of you have bowed (or still bow) before living/non-living things. E.g Bible, elders, a respectable crowd, a dignitary, a pastor, altar etc...

I thought you wanted a debate...is this all you've got...smh*
Re: 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. by ijawkid(m): 8:18am On Mar 10, 2013
italo:

I guess that means the rest of you have bowed (or still bow) before living/non-living things. E.g Bible, elders, a respectable crowd, a dignitary, a pastor, altar etc...

1....I don't bow before any pastor......
2..I don't bow before the bible...
3...I don't bow before elders...
4....I don't bow before any altar...(Wetin be altar sef?)..

1 Like

Re: 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. by tobechi20(m): 9:41am On Mar 10, 2013
ijawkid:

Hope u know worshipping could also just mean bowing down..............deep down y'all catholics know what we are talking about...... angry......the images,pound of flesh,statutes you bow down to are all connected to and part of your devotional routines(worship).............

Is it right in the eys of Yahweh and his Son??.......would they be happy with this lawless act??............
lawyers bow to judge, is it worship, ? Yoruba prostate b4 parent, is it worship ?
Re: 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. by tobechi20(m): 9:43am On Mar 10, 2013
ijawkid:

Re: 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. by Nobody: 10:27am On Mar 10, 2013
tobechi20: lawyers bow to judge, is it worship, ? Yoruba prostate b4 parent, is it worship ?

I am surprised that you are not ashamed of the heathen pagan practice of bowing down before idols, even worse in this case , before a piece of decayed and mummified piece or flesh.

Sickening.
Re: 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. by Nobody: 10:30am On Mar 10, 2013
tobechi20: lawyers bow to judge, is it worship, ? Yoruba prostate b4 parent, is it worship ?
but urs is worship.why bow before a dead heart?
Re: 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. by ijawkid(m): 10:56am On Mar 10, 2013

Are parents or judges in court connected to worship of God in any way??...........bowing to a judge or prostrating before our parents only shows sign of respect and has no religious implication......all Jews in the past prostrated before there kings as a sign of respect which was not in any way connected to there worship of God.........

.....is marys image,the cross,this pound of flesh shown by the OP not related to worship of God or religion??...is it not??....

how do you explain grown up men bowing down before a pound of dead flesh??.......

1 Like

Re: 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. by Ubenedictus(m): 7:55am On Mar 11, 2013
frosbel:

I am surprised that you are not ashamed of the heathen pagan practice of bowing down before idols, even worse in this case , before a piece of decayed and mummified piece or flesh.

Sickening.
arguement of emotion. Kip it up

1 Like

Re: 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. by PastorKun(m): 8:57am On Mar 11, 2013
Ubenedictus: arguement of emotion. Kip it up

On the contrary it is you who is being emotional about a wrong practise just because it is a catholic tradition. Any true christian would know that idolising any object or person is contrary to the will of God.
Re: 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. by Ubenedictus(m): 9:02am On Mar 11, 2013
ijawkid:

devotion doesn't mean worship, and sorry when protestants start their accusation and "catholic know what i'm talking about" it just spoils everything. It d same as calling them dishonest.

Bowing could and maybe an expression of worship, but what makes it worship or not isn't the posture, it is the heart and intension of the person. Whatever posture d person assumes whether bowing or even prostration doesnt make it worship! The intention of d person does. And u ijawkid and everybody here doesn't even know d intention of d next guy, how do you presume to know d intention of the people you criticize? Even d people u criticise totally say "i do not worship it" then are u God that u should know otherwise.
Worship isnt a matter of accident or posture, it must come from d heart and unless u know d heart u can not judge.

I just gave a simple explanation, i'll be unimpressed if your response is emotional instead of factual.
Re: 6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. by Ubenedictus(m): 9:06am On Mar 11, 2013
Pastor Kun:

On the contrary it is you who is being emotional about a wrong practise just because it is a catholic tradition. Any true christian would know that idolising any object or person is contrary to the will of God.
here comes d merryband!

Before u accuse someone of idolising an object or person, you must prove that d "someone" is worshiping d idol or person. If not u dont have a case.
So my dear, it will be interesting to know how u come to d conclusion that an object/person is been idolised.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Makes An Action Morally Good (or Bad) ? - Divine Command Theory / Atheism & Hypocrisy / Lessons And Benefits Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.