Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,732 members, 7,820,538 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

And Who Says Lagos Is Not Working: My Personal Observation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / And Who Says Lagos Is Not Working: My Personal Observation (932 Views)

Why The Igbos Want Biafra And Yoruba/hausa Don't.. Personal Observation. / Everyone Has To Read This: Who Says Lagos Is A No Man's Land. / Attention: Ward 022, Ejigbo Lagos Is Being Rigged (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

And Who Says Lagos Is Not Working: My Personal Observation by Inova(m): 4:22pm On Mar 09, 2013
Oh no. Im so in love with Fashola's administration. He has got the right team working for him. And why did I say this? Check out my points hia. This is based on my own personal observations:
1) On a street not too big in Ifako Ijaiye, a person just decided to build a petrol station there. Only God know how his tankers are going to be getting there to unload their contents (some people just don't think at all). The person hurried the construction under a week. It was so annoying thinking about the impending trafic that it would create. And guess who came to save the day, Lagos State town planning. Before we knew it, the entire building was demolished!!!! Praise the LORD.
The guy would sure be biting his fingers now.

2) On another street in Ogba, an eeediot just decided to construct a fence across the street blocking the street completely (Some of you here might have noticed it). This was a street serving most motorist since construction started one of the street connecting to Yaya Abatan. It helped reduced heavy traffic for motorist and here comes this person messing the whole idea up by building a fence across the road. And who do you think came to the rescue? Lagos State town planning team again!!!!!
They demolished the fence and granted access to motorist to ply the road again.

With all this who says Lagos State is not working. Fashola is my MAN any day. And I love his team members. They are really committed to their work. Unlike some other States
Re: And Who Says Lagos Is Not Working: My Personal Observation by ifyalways(f): 4:57pm On Mar 09, 2013
Its "boju-boju" time cheesy

Who granted both fence builder and fuel man the C of O to even lay foundation?

They collect money,turn a blind eye while you build then come demolish later.

There's nothing praiseworthy or commendable there.
Re: And Who Says Lagos Is Not Working: My Personal Observation by Omexonomy: 5:07pm On Mar 09, 2013
ifyalways: Its "boju-boju" time cheesy

Who granted both fence builder and fuel man the C of O to even lay foundation?

They collect money,turn a blind eye while you build then come demolish later.

There's nothing praiseworthy or commendable there.
. Exactly what they did to people in ijora badia and epe. They collected trillions of naira from them issuing c of o and gov consent latter came to demolish it. Fashola is working.
Re: And Who Says Lagos Is Not Working: My Personal Observation by Inova(m): 5:14pm On Mar 09, 2013
Omexonomy: . Exactly what they did to people in ijora badia and epe. They collected trillions of naira from them issuing c of o and gov consent latter came to demolish it. Fashola is working.
There's absolutely no how they would have been grated C of O for such construction. Some People just go about doing what they want. And when the Government comes for the kill we start to complain. IF it was true Lagos state granted them C of O, then they should take lagos state to court. Haba. And if they had C of O it would have been fraudulently obtained.
Re: And Who Says Lagos Is Not Working: My Personal Observation by koruji(m): 5:23pm On Mar 09, 2013
Don't mind this people.
They will never see good and say so.
What does C of O have to do with some silly person behaving like they owned the world?
Even if you have a C of O the government still retains the right of "eminent domain".
And that means you cannot build on land already being used by government for other purposes.
Yet, it is the same people that will come on here with pictures of how bad Lagos looks.

Inova:
There's absolutely no how they would have been grated C of O for such construction. Some People just go about doing what they want. And when the Government comes for the kill we start to complain. IF it was true Lagos state granted them C of O, then they should take lagos state to court. Haba. And if they had C of O it would have been fraudulently obtained.
Re: And Who Says Lagos Is Not Working: My Personal Observation by ifyalways(f): 5:35pm On Mar 09, 2013
Inova:
dude, if you actually live in lagos you should know that its next to impossible to put 3 blocks and mixed cement together on any land without the various land and town planning agents taking you hostage and making you pay for all sorts of permit else you get slapped with "stop work" . Wether those papers are fake or not, remains the headache of a sincere govt.

Fashola should look inwards and start prosecuting the fraudulent officers in those agencies. Only then would he come across as genuine in his quest.

Demolish illegal structures but please punish your workers who are partners in crime.
Re: And Who Says Lagos Is Not Working: My Personal Observation by koruji(m): 5:53pm On Mar 09, 2013
You are simply propagating your own suppositions.
Instead of that bring us news of these people making claims like you are making on their behalf here or even suing the Lagos State government.
Surely, if the Lagos government gives a C of O to someone to fence across a road then it shouldn't be too difficult for such a person to show evidence to the public and in court.
Until then, keep your suppositions to yourself.

ifyalways: dude, if you actually live in lagos you should know that its next to impossible to put 3 blocks and mixed cement together on any land without the various land and town planning agents taking you hostage and making you pay for all sorts of permit else you get slapped with "stop work" . Wether those papers are fake or not, remains the headache of a sincere govt.

Fashola should look inwards and start prosecuting the fraudulent officers in those agencies. Only then would he come across as genuine in his quest.

Demolish illegal structures but please punish your workers who are partners in crime.
Re: And Who Says Lagos Is Not Working: My Personal Observation by ifyalways(f): 6:05pm On Mar 09, 2013
Ok.

Its robot and merry-go-round time. cheesy

Epe indigenes had an appointment with the govt slated for 21st or so, their place was razed down on 5th. That's the way to go .

Dude, duh .
Re: And Who Says Lagos Is Not Working: My Personal Observation by Nobody: 6:23pm On Mar 09, 2013
This plate of Asün I just ordered get plenty meat inside than before, and the price never increase o. It must be Fashola again. Fashola is working. Lagos is working.
Re: And Who Says Lagos Is Not Working: My Personal Observation by Inova(m): 7:29pm On Mar 09, 2013
ifyalways: dude, if you actually live in lagos you should know that its next to impossible to put 3 blocks and mixed cement together on any land without the various land and town planning agents taking you hostage and making you pay for all sorts of permit else you get slapped with "stop work" . Wether those papers are fake or not, remains the headache of a sincere govt.

Well said.
You are on point. The question I would ask you however is: Who is at the losing end? There's no way you would not know you are dealing with fraudulent officceres. The Observations I gave are extremely crazy that one would wonder how they could ever get a permit from the govt. If it were you would you believe your permit would be genuine.
Fraudulent officers or not, you know where to go if you want genuine permit so nobody should complain here.
If no one patronizes them they will go outa business
Re: And Who Says Lagos Is Not Working: My Personal Observation by Inova(m): 7:30pm On Mar 09, 2013
pro01: This plate of Asün I just ordered get plenty meat inside than before, and the price never increase o. It must be Fashola again. Fashola is working. Lagos is working.
lol
Very sarcastically funny
Re: And Who Says Lagos Is Not Working: My Personal Observation by Inova(m): 7:39pm On Mar 09, 2013
So here's a picture of the Busted filling station

Re: And Who Says Lagos Is Not Working: My Personal Observation by seunfly: 8:08pm On Mar 09, 2013
Omexonomy: . Exactly what they did to people in ijora badia and epe. They collected trillions of naira from them issuing c of o and gov consent latter came to demolish it. Fashola is working.
What u peaple don't know about those c of o and plan aprovals that many claim to obtain were done fruadulently. Many times when planning authourity made u to understand that u can't build a particular structure some where many will go back and double cross the process by offering bribe to a director for aproval or c of o thinking it will not backfire.
Truly many times it does not but when it does u will hear peaple claiming they have necessary documents ask them to vow or swear they obtain the document legaly without short cut then u will notice that only 1% of them is innocent.
It is not only in Lagos but this is happening in Abuja too especialy in satelite towns, i just shake my head when peaple break planning laws with inpunity and also encourage others to break and they will tell peaple to ignore warning of planning authority.
When buldozer enter their vicinity they will be the first to condem the action make noice in with press.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Alamieyeseigha Can Contest For Election In2015 — Presidency / Passengers Commend Upgrades At Nigerian Airports / [BREAKING NEWS] Don’t Dare Us, Northern Youths Warn MEND

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.