Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,141 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

What To Look For In Buying A Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What To Look For In Buying A Car (1095 Views)

Pictures Of A Car Made In Calabar / Is Buying A Car A True Sign Of Success? / What Are The Dangers Of Buying A Flooded Car? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Look For In Buying A Car by sniperwolf(m): 8:18pm On Mar 09, 2013
I'm a novice when it comes to cars, though I've been borrowing and driving my parent car (Toyota Camry 1999) for 2 years. I'm anticipating in buying A car before June, in really confused because I don't know which saloon car to go for.

Please What To Look For In Buying A Car?
Re: What To Look For In Buying A Car by Fhemmmy: 1:57am On Mar 10, 2013
sniperwolf: I'm a novice when it comes to cars, though I've been borrowing and driving my parent car (Toyota Camry 1999) for 2 years. I'm anticipating in buying A car before June, in really confused because I don't know which saloon car to go for.

Please What To Look For In Buying A Car?

What to look for will depend on what you wanna use the ride for, how often to drive it and distance being driven by day . . . . however, some of the common thing are:
How reliable is the ride on Nigeria roads.
What is the resale value
Are there any good and reliable mechanics to take care of the ride when there is a need to
Cost of spare parts and availability of same.
Once you have determined the usage of the ride, it is important to be sure of how good on gas relative to your usage and the rest.
At the end of it all, make sure you buy what you can afford and what you like and will make you happy . . . Happy Hunting.
Re: What To Look For In Buying A Car by Nobody: 2:53am On Mar 10, 2013
Fhemmmy:

What to look for will depend on what you wanna use the ride for, how often to drive it and distance being driven by day . . . . however, some of the common thing are:
How reliable is the ride on Nigeria roads.
What is the resale value
Are there any good and reliable mechanics to take care of the ride when there is a need to
Cost of spare parts and availability of same.
Once you have determined the usage of the ride, it is important to be sure of how good on gas relative to your usage and the rest.
At the end of it all, make sure you buy what you can afford and what you like and will make you happy . . . Happy Hunting.

Uncle F.M; what range of cars with budget 600 will you recommend for a taxi(not painted for drop n stuffs).
thanks boss
Re: What To Look For In Buying A Car by Fhemmmy: 3:00am On Mar 10, 2013
bybj:

Uncle F.M; what range of cars with budget 600 will you recommend for a taxi(not painted for drop n stuffs).
thanks boss

The fact that i am not sure of what part of Nigeria the ride would be use, it is hard but i will surely advice you for with the 1992/93 Camry . . . But might be Nigerian used at such price.
Re: What To Look For In Buying A Car by vet707(m): 6:42pm On Mar 10, 2013
Pls Femmy, hw much can U̶̲̥̅̊ get honda crv 2005 toks?
Thanks. Waiting for reply
Re: What To Look For In Buying A Car by Fhemmmy: 9:49pm On Mar 10, 2013
vet707: Pls Femmy, hw much can U̶̲̥̅̊ get honda crv 2005 toks?
Thanks. Waiting for reply

2.2M Naira will land one to you in Lagos, for more information, please come to my thread so as not to derail this thread , , , ,
Re: What To Look For In Buying A Car by sssob: 8:26am On Mar 12, 2013
what is the second value of a Nissan maxima 1997 model in Nigeria... parts, maintenance and all
Re: What To Look For In Buying A Car by Fhemmmy: 3:31pm On Mar 13, 2013
sssob: what is the second value of a Nissan maxima 1997 model in Nigeria... parts, maintenance and all

Resale value, i am not sure will be high enuf, although high could be relative cos what is high to me might be low to you, also for something that old, i will advice you expect few breakdowns.

(1) (Reply)

Car Engine Cut Out / Car Engine Leakages...pls Help.oooo / How Many Litres Do I Need

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.