Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,261 members, 7,818,887 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

2 Killed In Herdsman Attack In Benue - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2 Killed In Herdsman Attack In Benue (4653 Views)

12-year-Old Shot In The Jaw & Upper Lips By Fulani Herdsman In Jos (Graphic Pics / Soldiers Conveying Foodstuff To Troops Ambushed By Boko Haram Men, 2 Killed / Government Convoy Causes Accident In Lagos, 2 killed, Many Injured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2 Killed In Herdsman Attack In Benue by BlackPikiN(m): 11:44pm On Mar 09, 2013
The conflict between native Tiv farmers and Fulani herdsmen in parts of Benue State reared its head again when two persons were reportedly killed by the Fulani herdsmen at Uvir community during a fishing festival at Ake Lake in Guma local government area.

Chairman of the local government, Hon. Frank Adi, who disclosed this yesterday while briefing newsmen on the occasion of his 100 days in office, lamented that the recurrent invasion of communities in the area by herdsmen was taking its toll on the socio-economic life of his people. Adi disclosed that one of the victims of the attack was a visitor from a neighboring local government area who came to savour the fishing festival but met his untimely death.

According to him, “In my first 100 days, we have embarked on several development projects across the council area, including the construction of a police station at Agasha, roads, refurbishing and rehabilitation of our offices and the improvement in staff welfare and security. ” It is pertinent to note that the essence of embarking on these development projects is to better the living condition of our people but they cannot enjoy these benefits in an atmosphere of skirmishes and crisis.

”That is why I eagerly call on the state and federal governments to create grazing settlements and routes for these herdsmen in order to stem the bloodbath and senseless killings of our farming populace”.

The chairman disclosed that four persons had been arrested in connection with the crisis, adding that security operatives had also been drafted to the troubled community to check further breakdown of law and order.

When contacted, the Benue State Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Deputy Suprintendent of Police, DSP, Daniel Ezeala, said he was yet to be briefed on the fresh killings.

http://247nigerianewsupdate.com/2-killed-in-fresh-herdsman-attack-in-benue/
Re: 2 Killed In Herdsman Attack In Benue by WilyWily6: 11:53pm On Mar 09, 2013
TIVS are properties of Fulanis/Hausa
Re: 2 Killed In Herdsman Attack In Benue by Nobody: 11:56pm On Mar 09, 2013
Fulani = killing,molestation. We need to flush them out
Re: 2 Killed In Herdsman Attack In Benue by WilyWily6: 12:01am On Mar 10, 2013
chiover: Fulani = killing,molestation. We need to flush them out
why flush them out? they are killing TIVS
Re: 2 Killed In Herdsman Attack In Benue by dc555: 12:38am On Mar 10, 2013
Not again. These killings must stop!
Re: 2 Killed In Herdsman Attack In Benue by Lildav: 9:39am On Mar 10, 2013
Wily/Wily:

why flush them out? they are killing TIVS
@wily ; u я so st-upid 4 dis comment! Keep rejoicing @ peoples misery..
Re: 2 Killed In Herdsman Attack In Benue by vizboy(m): 9:51am On Mar 10, 2013
and what do they gain from all these killing
Re: 2 Killed In Herdsman Attack In Benue by ocelot2006(m): 9:56am On Mar 10, 2013
Someone needs to call these Fulani herdsmen to order.
Re: 2 Killed In Herdsman Attack In Benue by Policewoman(f): 10:21am On Mar 10, 2013
The master is killing his servant/sidekick. So it is no news. (whistles and goes go another thread)
Re: 2 Killed In Herdsman Attack In Benue by WilyWily6: 10:28am On Mar 10, 2013
Lildav:
@wily ; u я so st-upid 4 dis comment! Keep rejoicing @ peoples misery..
Soo man, you don't know that TIVS love it when Fulani/Hausa are killing then, it is something honourable for a Tiv man if killed by Fulani or Hausa.
To Sarduana Ahmed Bello and Fulani/Hausa, Tivs are their Slaves for Life, Sarduana Massacred many TIVS during his days, but till today Tivs praises and worshiped him as their god. go and Check.
Only people that don't want to see Hausa/Fulani are Beroms and Southern Kaduna people, they are Sworn Enemies for life.
Re: 2 Killed In Herdsman Attack In Benue by gabbrri(m): 10:32am On Mar 10, 2013
Wily/Wily:
TIVS are properties of Fulanis/Hausa
big fat lie
Re: 2 Killed In Herdsman Attack In Benue by teeceexx: 10:34am On Mar 10, 2013
Why can't the fulanis stay ĭŋ their place aπϑ raise em cattels. Bad news everywhere they go just like mtyhen
Re: 2 Killed In Herdsman Attack In Benue by lacasa: 10:39am On Mar 10, 2013
As always, Nairaland with its one-sided "fulani" stories. undecided
Re: 2 Killed In Herdsman Attack In Benue by gbadexy(m): 10:41am On Mar 10, 2013
Whatsup with this fulani and killing sef.
I don't know why these host communities don't pay them back in their own coins.
Na dem get craze pass abi wetin.
Re: 2 Killed In Herdsman Attack In Benue by danny301: 10:43am On Mar 10, 2013
Wily/Wily:

Soo man, you don't that TIVS love it when Fulani/Hausa are killing then, it is something honourable for a Tiv man if killed by Fulani or Hausa.
To Sarduana Ahmed Bello and Fulani/Hausa, Tivs are their Slaves for Life, Sarduana Massacred many TIVS during his days, but till today Tivs praises and worshiped him as their god. go and Check.
Only people that don't want to see Hausa/Fulani are Beroms and Southern Kaduna people, they are Sworn Enemies for life.

You know nothing about the TIVS yet you boldly open that thing you call mouth to vomit nonsense. Please tell me when Sarduana massacred many TIVS and the exact place where that massacred took place. ... People like you who rejoice in other people's predicaments will certainly be consumed by such predicaments. Your life is full of hat-rates and frustration but am sure TIVS are not responsible for yourself inflicted pains.Even if all TIVS are killed by Fulanis that does not erase the fact that you are vanquish.

2 Likes

Re: 2 Killed In Herdsman Attack In Benue by WilyWily6: 10:46am On Mar 10, 2013
gabbrri: big fat lie
Go and verify, Sarduana Ahmed Belo and Fulanis bought the Tivs, these people are Slaves, they are properties of Fulani and Hausa. ok
Re: 2 Killed In Herdsman Attack In Benue by Paschal007: 10:48am On Mar 10, 2013
lacasa: As always, Nairaland with its one-sided "fulani" stories. undecided
boko haram spokesperson why not balance the equation with your own side of the story?

3 Likes

Re: 2 Killed In Herdsman Attack In Benue by WilyWily6: 10:57am On Mar 10, 2013
danny301:

You know nothing about the TIVS yet you boldly open that thing you call mouth to vomit nonsense. Please tell me when Sarduana massacred many TIVS and the exact place where that massacred took place. ... People like you who rejoice in other people's predicaments will certainly be consumed by such predicaments. Your life is full of hat-rates and frustration but am sure TIVS are not responsible for yourself inflicted pains.Even if all TIVS are killed by Fulanis that does not erase the fact that you are vanquish.
man, i am telling you the history of this people, Tivs are personal properties of Fulanis, the reason they are killed and nothing happen to Fulanis,
Thousands of Tivs have been killed and chased out of their home by Fulanis and nothing happened to Fulani,
Answer this question, If Tivs are not Slave and properties of Fulanis, why are they been killed/ raped and nothing Happen to Fulani?
Re: 2 Killed In Herdsman Attack In Benue by Decryptor(m): 11:07am On Mar 10, 2013

When contacted, the Benue State Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Deputy Suprintendent of Police, DSP, Daniel Ezeala, said he was yet to be briefed on the fresh killings.

Why is this always the same response from all the Nigerian Police PRO when things like this happen? Incompetent mo:ron:s
Re: 2 Killed In Herdsman Attack In Benue by JideTheBlogger(m): 11:26am On Mar 10, 2013
Every year Na wa oo..
Re: 2 Killed In Herdsman Attack In Benue by Nobody: 12:39pm On Mar 10, 2013
Score so Far.

Advantage:FULANIS
Re: 2 Killed In Herdsman Attack In Benue by Toktee(m): 1:06pm On Mar 10, 2013
Wily/Wily:

Go and verify, Sarduana Ahmed Belo and Fulanis bought the Tivs, these people are Slaves, they are properties of Fulani and Hausa. ok
slowpoke,i want you to know that upon the teritories conquered by the jhadist,benue was not part of,ask sadauna of sokoto caliphate to tell you why........
Now it has started happening agian just the way it happen in 2001 when jukum were disturbing tiv people,every fool then think tiv people were cawards untill they decide to take on the invading jukum people,the rest is not hidden to the world,,now some bastar.d are here making noise again,i beg you cos ur father iz not educated dont believe evrything he tells you.
Re: 2 Killed In Herdsman Attack In Benue by Toktee(m): 1:10pm On Mar 10, 2013
Wily/Wily:

man, i am telling you the history of this people, Tivs are personal properties of Fulanis, the reason they are killed and nothing happen to Fulanis,
Thousands of Tivs have been killed and chased out of their home by Fulanis and nothing happened to Fulani,
Answer this question, If Tivs are not Slave and properties of Fulanis, why are they been killed/ raped and nothing Happen to Fulani?
Continue swiming in ur ignorant,very soon ur question will be answered
Re: 2 Killed In Herdsman Attack In Benue by Nwunuken(m): 1:28pm On Mar 10, 2013
Toktee: slowpoke,i want you to know that upon the teritories conquered by the jhadist,benue was not part of,ask sadauna of sokoto caliphate to tell you why........
Now it has started happening agian just the way it happen in 2001 when jukum were disturbing tiv people,every fool then think tiv people were cawards untill they decide to take on the invading jukum people,the rest is not hidden to the world,,now some bastar.d are here making noise again,i beg you cos ur father iz not educated dont believe evrything he tells you.
my friend ur totaly wrong on jukun tivs cannot stand them when it come to war.
Re: 2 Killed In Herdsman Attack In Benue by deepwaters(f): 2:30pm On Mar 10, 2013
Wily/Wily:

Soo man, you don't know that TIVS love it when Fulani/Hausa are killing then, it is something honourable for a Tiv man if killed by Fulani or Hausa.

I find your post quite ridiculous. How would you reason that Tivs (or any other people) love to be killed by Fulanis/Hausa? Where did you get that notion from? Does it even make sense to you?
And just so you know, Tiv and Hausa/Fulani don't mix. That's why you'll hardly find a Tiv man who's a muslim, despite the fact that Tivs are termed Northerners. Although the strong Hausa caliphate, in connivance with British colonial masters tried to annex and bring Tiv people under hausa/ muslim domination, they met stiff resistance. A sarkin makurdi was even imposed on Tivs by the colonialists, but that didn't work, and that seat was cancelled after lots of riots and protests by Tivs.
Tiv land isn't the only place herdsmen cause trouble in Nigeria, and if Tiv men are getting killed, believe me, Fulani herdsmen, together with their cows, are losing their lives (Tiv people REALLY love meat!!! .-)

1 Like

Re: 2 Killed In Herdsman Attack In Benue by WilyWily6: 2:31pm On Mar 10, 2013
Toktee: Continue swiming in ur ignorant,very soon ur question will be answered
You are the one lacking knowledge, am waiting for your answer.I repeat to you again , Tivs are Fulanis slave for life and if you say it is untrue then tell me why Fulanis have killed thousands of Tivs and raaped your women still nothing happen to them?
The only people that are not Slave to Fulanis/Hausa are Berom people and they demonstrated that with their Action, today if Fulani/Hausa man/women sight any Berom coming they took to their Heels. nay liar i talk.?
Re: 2 Killed In Herdsman Attack In Benue by tfk08: 2:56pm On Mar 10, 2013
chiover: Fulani = killing,molestation. We need to flush them out

We av to take it easy, cos if they r flushed there will b no (beef) protein in d market again.
Re: 2 Killed In Herdsman Attack In Benue by rcb34: 3:08pm On Mar 10, 2013
Ever since Fulani enter Nigeria from the North,they have bin fighting wars, the made the hausa become,muislims,so did they do same to the Yorubas,bt had never enslave TIV,history states th@ TIV and Fulani met in region of the cameroun mountains and they fulanis named "Munchi" because the fulani gave them cattle to rear bt the ate the cattle rather,bt they was No fight,we all are educated and understnd how uncivilized those fulani men can be,it cud happen to any tribe in Nigeria,becos they are evri wia,4 me I neva fulani eva made slave of TIV pipu.
Re: 2 Killed In Herdsman Attack In Benue by rcb34: 3:14pm On Mar 10, 2013
I don't know wia you got ur own history from, I want you to know that the TIV ar nt Muslims,fulani brougth Islam to Nigeria and yet the pipu u call slaves of fulani ar nt muslims, bt dos that wia enslaved by fulani wia all islamised hausa,and Yoruba
Re: 2 Killed In Herdsman Attack In Benue by WilyWily6: 3:18pm On Mar 10, 2013
For your information, Moslem like it well well when they are enslaving Christians.
Re: 2 Killed In Herdsman Attack In Benue by rcb34: 3:23pm On Mar 10, 2013
Wily/Wily:
For your information, Moslem like it well well when they are enslaving Christians.
a real muslim believes that Jesus is a prophet they call him "ISA" bt the extremist are those u see and hear abt that enslaving christian nt all muslims,if u want go read the Qu ran,its stated that christian ar nt pegan,to those extremist christian are pegans and the want dem to repent or vanish from the surface of the earth
As a christian,I read the Bible and interpret it the way I want it, I might thou shall nt kill, mins evens plants don't kill, bt odas fink its only humans,odas
even animal and some wud say dnt kill anytin,
Truth is some muslim see christians as pegans and enslave dem as u say bt odas dnt
Re: 2 Killed In Herdsman Attack In Benue by WilyWily6: 3:55pm On Mar 10, 2013
If they like let them call Jesus 'ISAkubar' nay their problem, one thing you have to know is, there is nothing like moderate moslem in Islam, all moslems are potential Terrorist and are ready to wear their suicide Belt any moment. keep on deceiving yourself that they call Jesus 'Isa'. if you don't know, know it now that Boko Haram is the face of Islam

(1) (2) (Reply)

1966 Coup: “the Igbos Now Vindicated And Exonerated” Obasanjo. / Dino Melaye's Thuggish Behavior. Shouting And Fighting: VIDEO / What Soyinka Does Not Understand About US Green Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.