Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,731 members, 7,817,012 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

The Catholic Church Is 150 Years In Nigeria - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Catholic Church Is 150 Years In Nigeria (7906 Views)

Catholic Church Cautions El-Rufai Over Religious Bill / Catholic Church Collapses In Enugu, Five Dead / The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Catholic Church Is 150 Years In Nigeria by MEILYN(m): 12:00pm On Mar 10, 2013
150 waste

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Church Is 150 Years In Nigeria by Nomswilli(m): 12:04pm On Mar 10, 2013
HugeMac: I was once a catholic but now am a christain. Being a christain is all that matters to me. Following christ not following church doctrines
bros no one asked if un were one's a catholic u here,,,,ofcos the altimate goal is to make heaven...religion is only but a way tru wich we reach to God...so pls ehhh,serve God well as a Christian dat u are nw and try and make heaven,,,but neva u be surprise to enta dia and see that good pegan man on ur street standing right nest to u in heaven,and nt see ur self acclaimed pastor....JUST AN ADVICE

3 Likes

Re: The Catholic Church Is 150 Years In Nigeria by autchman144(m): 12:20pm On Mar 10, 2013
usomine007: HAlleluyah Halleluyah!!!
if u are a tru Catholic, u'll kno this season in not for Alleluyah...
Re: The Catholic Church Is 150 Years In Nigeria by autchman144(m): 12:25pm On Mar 10, 2013
HugeMac:
whats the difference between Glory and honour , stop deceiving yourself.
Did Jesus ask u to glorify Mary or God.
If u honour Mary that means she has done a lot for you. And we all know that is God that does these things through people. Only God sent his only begotten son. All honour goes to God .
Why dont u honour Paul or John the baptist. Stop this idolatry
HUMAN BEINGS NA WA OO
and u keep honoring ur pastors? U evn go to court and address d judge as "ur lordship" or "my lord", u call ur traditional ruler "ur majesty"......gimme a break

10 Likes

Re: The Catholic Church Is 150 Years In Nigeria by HugeMac: 12:26pm On Mar 10, 2013
Nomswilli: bros no one asked if un were one's a catholic u here,,,,ofcos the altimate goal is to make heaven...religion is only but a way tru wich we reach to God...so pls ehhh,serve God well as a Christian dat u are nw and try and make heaven,,,but neva u be surprise to enta dia and see that good pegan man on ur street standing right nest to u in heaven,and nt see ur self acclaimed pastor....JUST AN ADVICE
There is only one way and it is through christ , Dont be deceived , nobody is good enough.
Unless u re Humbled seeing u cant overcome sin by youself and u accept christ that is the only way God's grace will save you from the schackles of sin.
Jesus came to free us from the curse of sin , not to take u to heaven, heaven is just the end result. If the church u attend does not preach about the cross , where we die to our sins . Am sorry to say , gather courage and leave that church. Only those who overcome shall be saved.
Please dont Be Deceived
Re: The Catholic Church Is 150 Years In Nigeria by princepee: 12:28pm On Mar 10, 2013
[b][/b]Glory glory be to jesus and honour to mother mary

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Church Is 150 Years In Nigeria by HugeMac: 12:30pm On Mar 10, 2013
autchman144:
if u are a tru Catholic, u'll kno this season in not for Alleluyah...
SAYS WHO GOD OR MAN?
The only place HaLLELuyah was used in the Bible was in Revelation. When BABYLON FELL.
Re: The Catholic Church Is 150 Years In Nigeria by Nomswilli(m): 12:36pm On Mar 10, 2013
HugeMac:
There is only one way and it is through christ , Dont be deceived , nobody is good enough.
Unless u re Humbled seeing u cant overcome sin by youself and u accept christ that is the only way God's grace will save you from the schackles of sin.
Jesus came to free us from the curse of sin , not to take u to heaven, heaven is just the end result. If the church u attend does not preach about the cross , where we die to our sins . Am sorry to say , gather courage and leave that church. Only those who overcome shall be saved.
Please dont Be Deceived
bros I can bet my laptop dat God never had a special session with u telling u the religions that are liable to make heaven...allow God do his work...and u do ur own work...try and be very sure u would make heaven and nt jugde oders basd on wat u hear....dats why d way ways of God are mysterious..so don't u dair claim to knw his way..just an advice
Re: The Catholic Church Is 150 Years In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:36pm On Mar 10, 2013
All those criticisin d Church, hw cn yu prove dat Catholics wont see Heaven? I laugh.The main tin is how you live yur Life on dis earth. Anyway, Keep judging while we keep enrinchin our Faiths in Christ...Am A proud Catholic who is Living the Faith...

3 Likes

Re: The Catholic Church Is 150 Years In Nigeria by Nomswilli(m): 12:38pm On Mar 10, 2013
KingMEXX: All those criticisin d Church, hw cn yu prove dat Catholics wont see Heaven? I laugh.The main tin is how you live yur Life on dis earth. Anyway, Keep judging while we keep enrinchin our Faiths in Christ...Am A proud Catholic who is Living the Faith...
u would certainly live long bro....no mind dem...

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Church Is 150 Years In Nigeria by nelajayi(m): 12:38pm On Mar 10, 2013
HugeMac: I was once a catholic but now am a christain. Being a christain is all that matters to me. Following christ not following church doctrines
Oh,good 4 u.We wish u al d best in yo christian journey.
We're catholic christians n we love who we are.sure we follow d church teachings n doctrines;bt i dnt tink dis shld bother u if u've read 2 Thessalonians 2:15.

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Church Is 150 Years In Nigeria by Rocktation(f): 12:40pm On Mar 10, 2013
HugeMac:
And u call yourself a christain, ooh i forgot U re catholic not christain.
Any body that calls his brother a fool is in danger of going to hell, Jesus said those words ..
Oooh I forgot u hardly read ur bibles u use bulletins. Spend hours repeating Mary mary mother of god , blaspheming of the highest order.
I PRAY YOU WAKE UP FROM YOUR SLUMBER

Guy, be on your way. Stop trying to change the world, when it's you, who obviously needs the change. You read your bible and yet you judge others? How then d'you read it? Upside down?

What makes the bible, the bible, if I may ask? Oh, it contains the word of God, right? So if you take out those words from the bible, what then, would be left of it?
Good...so now you realise that the bulletin may as well be the Bible...and doesn't differ much when compared to your KING JAMES...I still call it a Bible though.smiley

I'd expect a sound christian mind to do more critical thinking.

7 Likes

Re: The Catholic Church Is 150 Years In Nigeria by HugeMac: 12:43pm On Mar 10, 2013
Nomswilli: bros I can bet my laptop dat God never had a special session with u telling u the religions that are liable to make heaven...allow God do his work...and u do ur own work...try and be very sure u would make heaven and nt jugde oders basd on wat u hear....dats why d way ways of God are mysterious..so don't u dair claim to knw his way..just an advice
Re: The Catholic Church Is 150 Years In Nigeria by HugeMac: 12:54pm On Mar 10, 2013
Nomswilli: bros I can bet my laptop dat God never had a special session with u telling u the religions that are liable to make heaven...allow God do his work...and u do ur own work...try and be very sure u would make heaven and nt jugde oders basd on wat u hear....dats why d way ways of God are mysterious..so don't u dair claim to knw his way..just an advice

SO When Jesus said he is the only way , the truth and the life no one comes to the father accept through him. So u dont beleive him?. So u beleive your goodlife will save you.Please brother dont go that part cuz the last days will be like the days of noah many shall be decieved, Stop following crowd . Follow christ.

i think this is the main reason why you guys can pray through Mary , pray to st micheal the arch angel and Justify it. You dont beleive that only Jesus saves!

O boy , many shall be saved , u cant save urself with your good works , only christ saves
. If He JESUS LIVES IN U , WHY DO U Lack faith and result to praying like pagans
Re: The Catholic Church Is 150 Years In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:54pm On Mar 10, 2013
I'm proud and lucky to be a CATHOLIC.

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Church Is 150 Years In Nigeria by MEILYN(m): 1:38pm On Mar 10, 2013
Rocktation:

Guy, be on your way. Stop trying to change the world, when it's you, who obviously needs the change. You read your bible and yet you judge others? How then d'you read it? Upside down?

What makes the bible, the bible, if I may ask? Oh, it contains the word of God, right? So if you take out those words from the bible, what then, would be left of it?
Good...so now you realise that the bulletin may as well be the Bible...and doesn't differ much when compared to your KING JAMES...I still call it a Bible though.smiley

I'd expect a sound christian mind to do more critical thinking.
4 ur info. King James is d best Translated Bible.....U Catholics shld be ashamed of ur selfs u blive Apocrypha? Is part of d Bible oh my God nd u even practice nd blive wat is in there....hmmmmmm God pls save us
Re: The Catholic Church Is 150 Years In Nigeria by alphaconde(m): 1:38pm On Mar 10, 2013
I believe that one day everybody will return to the catholic church. My dear catholics let's keep doing our thing. Many of these critics copy us and just wish there were like us. Besides worship the catholic church is full of knowledge.

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Church Is 150 Years In Nigeria by 1MCN: 1:39pm On Mar 10, 2013
I join in congratulating Catholics in Nig and the world over. 150yrs of its existence has brought innumerable spirito-social benefits to our society: The schs, hospitals, orphanages, prison apostolates, advocacy, skills empowerment and many more.
To my frnd who says Caths worship idols, ur opinions isnt all that corrosive only that u maybe judging frm a very far distance. We dont! And we wont! Cath dismantled most of the idols in our Land and it wasnt a little feat with the demons, before it found its root here.
To my frnd who said he was a Cath bt now he is a xtian. Am happy for u- bt hoping u're inferring that u're now more broadminded and ecumenical like me (like the moden Chr) and nt that u mean Caths are nt Xtians.
However, the Chr is 150yrs only in Nig and nt in d world. It's actually over 2M yrs and cant be so wrong for so long
God bles all peoples of the earth

3 Likes

Re: The Catholic Church Is 150 Years In Nigeria by Policewoman(f): 1:41pm On Mar 10, 2013
alpha conde: During the week the catholic faithfuls in lagos and other parts of nigeria rolled out their drums to commemorate the 150th anniversary of catholicism in nigeria. The week before the carmelites also ceelbrated 25 years of stepping foot in nigeria.
So let's drop a word of congratulations for them and recall how catholicism have strengthened our lives as christians.
Congratulations to mother church.

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Church Is 150 Years In Nigeria by Ribaman(m): 1:42pm On Mar 10, 2013
MEILYN: 150 waste
That's your opinion.
Re: The Catholic Church Is 150 Years In Nigeria by Policewoman(f): 1:46pm On Mar 10, 2013
MEILYN: hmmmmmm how did it change Nigeria as a corrupt nation?.............i tink u guys brought shame to dis country, Catholics everywhere in Government Offices looting Nigerians money mtcheeeewwww
Hmmm... now let's see: Gowon, Danjuma, Abiola, Obasanjo, IBB, Goodluck Jonathan, Andy Ubah, Bankole, James Ibori, Igbinedion e.t.c were catholics abi? Olodo!!!!!

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Church Is 150 Years In Nigeria by jamace(m): 1:47pm On Mar 10, 2013
The Church is marching on. The gate of hell shall not prevail against it.

Congrats, members of the one united and apostolic Church.

2 Likes

Re: The Catholic Church Is 150 Years In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:48pm On Mar 10, 2013
HugeMac:
And u call yourself a christain, ooh i forgot U re catholic not christain.
Any body that calls his brother a fool is in danger of going to hell, Jesus said those words ..
Oooh I forgot u hardly read ur bibles u use bulletins. Spend hours repeating Mary mary mother of god , blaspheming of the highest order.
I PRAY YOU WAKE UP FROM YOUR SLUMBER
Gal 3:1 "O FOOLISH galatians..."

i guess it is clear who doesnt read the bible. You think memorizing the famous part of the bible you pastors, who themselves are not grounded in the bible, quote means you know anything about the bible? Why dont you tell paul that he is in the danger of going to hell. Pls go for better bible study!

3 Likes

Re: The Catholic Church Is 150 Years In Nigeria by mascot87(m): 1:58pm On Mar 10, 2013
The difference btw me & u is that after leaving d Catholic church I realized something wasn't right with me been in other churches,I sat down & thought abt it very well for almost a yr with serious research & at d same time attending one church to another & I found out about all d lies said just to condemn d Catholic faith. I thank God I am back in d Catholic church for life. Glory to Jesus & Honour to Mary the mother of Jesus Christ(We should remember what Jesus told us on the cross in John 19 :26-27, When Jesus t4 saw his mother & d disciples standing by, whom he loved, he said unto his mother, WOMAN,BEHOLD THY SON,then said he to d disciple,BEHOLD THY MOTHER, and from that hour that disciple too her unto his own home. So to us Jesus Christ has given MARY to us her own mother to be our mother also and we are so happy to honour her because we know and believe that she intercedes on our behalf). The bible in Luke 1:48 made us to realize that all generations shall call Mother MARY blessed & so we d Catholics been a part of that generation are calling her blessed cos she is truly blessed amongst all women Luke 1:26-28 & Luke 1:42. Praised be to Our Lord Jesus Christ

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Will A Sinner Who Pays Tithe Make Heaven? / Are Expensive Church Buildings Really Necessary? / Don't Mess With God. Read This.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.