Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,985 members, 7,825,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

2015: Whoever Will Emerge President Must Receive My Blessing –IBB - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Whoever Will Emerge President Must Receive My Blessing –IBB (1001 Views)

IBB – All Presidential Candidates Have My Blessing / Atiku Condemns Attack On Jonathan: "Office Of The President Must Be Respected" / A Northerner Must Emerge President In 2015 Or Nigeria Will Divide. – Alhaji Law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015: Whoever Will Emerge President Must Receive My Blessing –IBB by lekanolas: 2:24pm On Mar 10, 2013
Former military President, Gen. Ibrahim Babangida yesterday said any 2015 presidential candidate would have to receive his blessings before emerging president of the country.

Gen. Babangida also explained how former President Olusegun Obasanjo was installed in 1999 as president, saying he was the best candidate at the time to fix the nation.

Babangida, featuring on ‘Guest of the Week’ on Liberty Radio (91.7), Kaduna said, he was the founding father of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, and he would never disown the party.

He further commended the emergence of the All Progressives Congress, APC, pointing out that the merger was good for the polity and the unity of the country.

His words: “I will belong to those who will choose a credible candidate, a candidate that can lead this country. It is not difficult to find. Out of one hundred and seventy million people, there must be a candidate, that is what the constitution provides. If the party is silly and chooses the wrong candidate, the ordinary person is not silly. He knows ‘this man cannot lead me’, so he won’t vote for him. If you choose a wrong candidate, he stands the chance of losing.”

“The emergence of Obasanjo came about as a result of what happened in the country. The country was in a very serious crises and we had to find the solution to these problems. Therefore, we needed a leader, that leader who is known in the country. We did not believe in foisting somebody who is not known, so we looked for a man who had been involved in the affairs of this country, who held position either in the military or in the cabinet who had certain beliefs about Nigeria.

All of us that were trained in the armed forces, there is one belief that you cannot take away from us; we believe in this country because this is part of our training. We fought for this country, so when you have a situation like hast, you need a leader that has all these attributes, and quite frankly, he quickly came to mind, Babangida explained.”

The former military president maintained: “If Buhari and Jonathan become candidates, both of them will have to sell their ideas to us, the ordinary people, we (the voters) and they have not done that. I have enough time to think and I am thinking and they will be anxious to come and see me. They will visit me or any other person. This is what I intend to do. We are talking about a new and emergent scenario, so I will wait and see.”

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/2015-whoever-will-emerge-president-must-receive-my-blessing-ibb/#!prettyPhoto
Re: 2015: Whoever Will Emerge President Must Receive My Blessing –IBB by Omexonomy: 2:39pm On Mar 10, 2013
Too much attention on politics. Is it because it is the fastest growing sector in nigeria.
Re: 2015: Whoever Will Emerge President Must Receive My Blessing –IBB by asha80(m): 2:44pm On Mar 10, 2013
ibb has simply confirmed the belief that obasanjo was imposed on nigerians the former military guys of northern extraction.
Re: 2015: Whoever Will Emerge President Must Receive My Blessing –IBB by Nobody: 2:53pm On Mar 10, 2013
I am pretty convinced that the decision to choose OBJ shaped our destiny

OBJ is a good man, but his authoritarian nature and lack of respect for rules and procedures or his do-or-die attitude still affects Nigeria to date. Our politics at the moment has OBJ's character written all over it.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Whoever Will Emerge President Must Receive My Blessing –IBB by Akshow: 4:07pm On Mar 10, 2013
For him left mind abi?
Re: 2015: Whoever Will Emerge President Must Receive My Blessing –IBB by takedat(m): 4:27pm On Mar 10, 2013
Re: 2015: Whoever Will Emerge President Must Receive My Blessing –IBB by Nobody: 4:46pm On Mar 10, 2013
Judging from the title of the tread, do we take it that between GEJ and Buhari, we all know the one that will receive IBB blessing easily and why. GEJ all the way.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Whoever Will Emerge President Must Receive My Blessing –IBB by Bobandgreat: 10:44pm On Mar 10, 2013
IBB's blessing or curse? The man lacks ability to give blessing.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Whoever Will Emerge President Must Receive My Blessing –IBB by otokx(m): 10:51pm On Mar 10, 2013
He may not be around by 2015.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Whoever Will Emerge President Must Receive My Blessing –IBB by frankyychiji(f): 6:01pm On Jul 11, 2013
is ibb trying to tell us that he has lost interest in going back to aso rock? buh wait a minute, this guy shd have been in jail now for all d atrocities he committed

(1) (Reply)

Open Letter To Boko Haram-sheik Sule / Fashola's War On The Poor / B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G News! Al-mustapha Promoted To Brigadiers General

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.