Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,123 members, 7,821,847 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

Tafawa Balewa's Lagos Office In Ruins - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tafawa Balewa's Lagos Office In Ruins (12385 Views)

Remaining Possessions Of Tafawa Balewa At His Tomb. Photos / Aba: A City In Ruins / Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tafawa Balewa's Lagos Office In Ruins by gunuvi(m): 7:53pm On Mar 10, 2013
Let's put sentiment aside here. Crude oil has really blindfolded us in Nigeria, can u imagine the income that such edifice would have been fetching us if they have turned it into a tourist spot?.
Thanks for the op, I will take my kids and wife there next weekend at least to see the building.
The problem of Nigeria is not only a problem of leadership. It is now I believe that witches and wizards are at work. Ask me who are the witches and wizards....

The west and europe or course.
U no know before
Re: Tafawa Balewa's Lagos Office In Ruins by talk2s(m): 8:12pm On Mar 10, 2013
Remii: I bet this will soon become contract to be awarded and make some boys happy. Sign of govt without plan, focus or vision. Govt that has to be reminded of her responsibility by the media.

what was the duty of the Media before?

1 Like

Re: Tafawa Balewa's Lagos Office In Ruins by Nobody: 8:14pm On Mar 10, 2013
redsun: Shut the fvck up! I am not talking of English ascent mudefucker,but when you here some one talk,you know what he is made of.

Hmm, you "here" him talk? How was that possible? By reading it on nairaland?
Re: Tafawa Balewa's Lagos Office In Ruins by CROWE: 8:19pm On Mar 10, 2013
With all due respect if Nigeria was sufficiently working country that building would have been torn down ages ago, it just looks like an old office building. People don't go to the white house only because the president lives there, they go there because of some of the historical objects there and the fact that it is an amazing piece of architecture(it has been torn down and rebuilt a few times). The only thing that building has going for it is that Tafawa Balewa used it, that's not quite enough to ask the government to continue to maintain the entire structure even if it has no use for it.
Re: Tafawa Balewa's Lagos Office In Ruins by mrofficial2(m): 9:37pm On Mar 10, 2013
mactoni91: anybdy wey dey government wey dey chop 9ja money anyhw...
Na motor go kill d pesin, thunder go blast d pesin wife, their pikins go dey wayward, na cancers go dey kill dem 1 by 1.
Infact, kidney failures na dem own...
Ahn ahn...
9jerians dn suffer reach na...
Same goes tew moderators wey no sabi dem work...

You never see where money dey serve as airbag, bulletproof? All these your curse no go reach anywhere.
Re: Tafawa Balewa's Lagos Office In Ruins by Rossikk(m): 9:45pm On Mar 10, 2013
redsun: That man was very polished, he didn't sound anything like a nigerian, talkless of an aboki.

This is terrible. Even by your lamentable standards.

Why don't you go join some neo-nazi group or the Ku Klux Klan?

You're one in spirit with them.
Re: Tafawa Balewa's Lagos Office In Ruins by Rossikk(m): 9:53pm On Mar 10, 2013
CROWÉ: With all due respect if Nigeria was sufficiently working country that building would have been torn down ages ago, it just looks like an old office building. People don't go to the white house only because the president lives there, they go there because of some of the historical objects there and the fact that it is an amazing piece of architecture(it has been torn down and rebuilt a few times). The only thing that building has going for it is that Tafawa Balewa used it, that's not quite enough to ask the government to continue to maintain the entire structure even if it has no use for it.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH. Look CROWE, I appreciate your rare intelligence on this forum. I've been looking at this building, wondering WHY exactly we should preserve it at public expense. Because Tafawa Balewa had an office in the building? It makes no sense. This deification of political office holders must stop. Unless it is something EXTRAORDINARY, such as for instance, preserving the late Gen Murtala Muhammed's bullet-ridden vehicle at the National Museum, Lagos, or if it had been an extraordinary building, THEN we can spend money to keep it going. But not just for the reason that a certain person once used it. Was he not a human being like the rest of us?

2 Likes

Re: Tafawa Balewa's Lagos Office In Ruins by TUMIC(m): 9:58pm On Mar 10, 2013
THERE WAS AN OFFICE
by Jeffery Achibe
Re: Tafawa Balewa's Lagos Office In Ruins by yinchar(m): 10:18pm On Mar 10, 2013
Billyonaire: It should be leveled with a Bulldozer and a low cost estate should be built there for the poor. What history is there, nothing good came out of those past selfish leaders who mixed oil with water.
Right from the beginning of this thread have been looking for your response, and I have to say am not that disappointed, I knew you would never say anything sensible, because you simply part of the crook that killing nation...I wonder how you could be so morally low to even think of demolishing it just in the pretence of building low cost houses....has Nigeria run out of available lands to build low cost houses for the poor if truly your PDP government is interested, instead of demolishing a historical edifice as you suggested....This is simply the lowest of your low's.....eddddiiiiiooottt

1 Like

Re: Tafawa Balewa's Lagos Office In Ruins by koruji(m): 10:20pm On Mar 10, 2013
You need to think before you write - that is exactly what you meant, and your own word convicts you.
After you opined that the man "was very polished, he didn't sound anything like a nigerian,talkless of an aboki" you went on to show that you were not talking about his intelligence because according to you "He must have been very intelligent...".

But it is even worse, if you were not talking about how he sounded, what does your "he didn't sound anything like a nigerian,talkless of an aboki" mean then? The answer to that question will bind you in an even more uncomfortable position - because then you will be saying that his intelligence or whatever is way above that of "a nigerian,talkless of an aboki"!!! Let's not even talk about the last part "talkless of an aboki" - God!!!

You can heap any rubbish that comes out of your mouth on me, the fact remains that it is this same mentality that our leaders at the top are carrying around, and leaving all of us in the doldrums of history. And tomorrow you will take your squirming self to some govt. position and carry on with the same mentality.

redsun: Shut the fvck up! I am not talking of English ascent mudefucker,but when you here some one talk,you know what he is made of.

[quote atuhor=redsun]That man was very polished,he didn't sound anything like a nigerian,talkless of an aboki.
He must have been very intelligent,principled,purposeful and disciplined like most nigerians of his time.
The nigerian elite of today are cowboys,paedophilles,thieves and traitors.
[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Tafawa Balewa's Lagos Office In Ruins by anonimi: 1:29am On Mar 11, 2013
babapupa: But the useless clowns are asking for 4 billion to swindle on some useless and unconstitutional first lady rubbish...

Unpatriotic and incompetent cassava bread losers with no sense of duty and purpose in life.

For how many years do you think the buikding has been abandoned? Three years?
How many Lagos state owned buildings and historical landmarks are also rotting away?
How many LGA owned primary schools, vocational centres, primary health centres, PUBLIC market places, GREEN spaces etc are rotten and fallen apart?
Maintenance, accountabilty is not our culture at ALL levels. Let's stop pointing fingers and start taking JOINT and collective responsibility for our inaction.

Re: Tafawa Balewa's Lagos Office In Ruins by ewet: 3:03am On Mar 11, 2013
how sad, I actually neva knew the historical significance of this building. We lack sense of history in this country. check out other supposed monuments such as old national assembly Lagos, National stadium Lagos,National stadium Abuja e.t.c

1 Like

Re: Tafawa Balewa's Lagos Office In Ruins by dapsonlou(m): 3:57am On Mar 11, 2013
redsun: That man was very polished,he didn't sound anything like a nigerian,talkless of an aboki.

He must have been very intelligent,principled,purposeful and disciplined like most nigerians of his time.

Colo mentality, so people who sound like Nigerians are Ignorant?
Re: Tafawa Balewa's Lagos Office In Ruins by biola3005: 4:39am On Mar 11, 2013
redsun: That man was very polished,he didn't sound anything like a nigerian,talkless of an aboki.

you said it all (paedophilles) is the main word to use for them.
Re: Tafawa Balewa's Lagos Office In Ruins by kabba7(m): 4:47am On Mar 11, 2013
Billyonaire: It should be leveled with a Bulldozer and a low cost estate should be built there for the poor. What history is there, nothing good came out of those past selfish leaders who mixed oil with water.

By thier post we shall recognise thier root.
Re: Tafawa Balewa's Lagos Office In Ruins by Tosman12(m): 6:47am On Mar 11, 2013
Bobo2: I weep n cry for my country.....I neva in my life knew that PM office is there before......God bless does who brings this picture out bcus to me this is my national historial thing
honestly, this country is a mess... JFK desk is still in white house,lincoln chair is still a monument, pen used in signing declaration of independent is still kept...pity naija no even remember were pm office dey so do i....i never knew...

2 Likes

Re: Tafawa Balewa's Lagos Office In Ruins by Revolva(m): 9:19am On Mar 11, 2013
:oNigeria sef is a very jagajaga nation they prefer to waste money on irrelevant things than relevant things
Re: Tafawa Balewa's Lagos Office In Ruins by hammedkola(m): 2:12pm On Mar 11, 2013
But Kim Kardashian and Chris brown were paid $1 million each to come and perform here. shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Tafawa Balewa's Lagos Office In Ruins by biafranqueen: 9:01pm On Apr 10, 2013
Thank you for pointing out that it is a culture and I agree we should start with our children such as Parents should stop throwing trash any kind of way on the roads and streets band together and raise money to fix our community where we live some people abroad our helping with hospital and school development but it is not enough I am proud of the new development in Calabar Enugu etc but on an individual note we must band together and put a stop it starts with keeping our surrounding community clean by working with neighbors
Nightshift: Maintenance has always been Nigeria's weakness. It's a culture i never heard one mention during my school days in Nigeria. Unfortunately, decay is brazenly displayed everywhere in our society - at homes, Schools, hospitals, public buildings, roads, vehicles etc. Architectural masterpieces and national monuments are decaying across the country. Isn't it time for us to start imbibing maintenance culture in our kindergarten, so that the young ones may rescue us from our shameful neglects someday?
Re: Tafawa Balewa's Lagos Office In Ruins by redsun(m): 9:13pm On Apr 10, 2013
dapsonlou:

Colo mentality, so people who sound like Nigerians are Ignorant?

It is not ascent per se,though it counts but minimally.It is basically about what somebody is talking about,body language,composure and presentation.He looked like he was up to it when i saw his speech presentation in us senate.
Re: Tafawa Balewa's Lagos Office In Ruins by ekoilee: 9:47pm On Apr 10, 2013
Sibrah:
Stop being half smart here.

The clown is not even quarter smart. What a waste of human space..
Re: Tafawa Balewa's Lagos Office In Ruins by redsun(m): 10:41pm On Apr 10, 2013
eko ilee:

The clown is not even quarter smart. What a waste of human space..

Your idea of smartness is primitivity.Backwarness,your type is among one of the less evolved creatures on earth and that is why you are suffering.

1 Like

Re: Tafawa Balewa's Lagos Office In Ruins by ekoilee: 11:44pm On Apr 10, 2013
redsun:

Your idea of smartness is primitivity.Backwarness,your type is among one of the less evolved creatures on earth and that is why you are suffering.

Coming from a comedic and ignorant loser.

Retire from the internet and stop making a damn fool of yourself.

smh...
Re: Tafawa Balewa's Lagos Office In Ruins by davidif: 2:39pm On Sep 01, 2014
slimfit1: Well what can I say, well the building is a danger to itself so let demolish it and use it for something else. It's not all the time we blame Gej for everything that goes wrong.

What?!?! Destroy a national monument? Where is your knowledge of history? Na wa o.
Re: Tafawa Balewa's Lagos Office In Ruins by davidif: 2:43pm On Sep 01, 2014
gunuvi: Let's put sentiment aside here. Crude oil has really blindfolded us in Nigeria, can u imagine the income that such edifice would have been fetching us if they have turned it into a tourist spot?.
Thanks for the op, I will take my kids and wife there next weekend at least to see the building.
The problem of Nigeria is not only a problem of leadership. It is now I believe that witches and wizards are at work. Ask me who are the witches and wizards....

The west and europe or course.
U no know before

Wait, what?!?! Is that sarcasm?
Re: Tafawa Balewa's Lagos Office In Ruins by davidif: 2:48pm On Sep 01, 2014
Tosman12:
honestly, this country is a mess... JFK desk is still in white house,lincoln chair is still a monument, pen used in signing declaration of independent is still kept...pity naija no even remember were pm office dey so do i....i never knew...

Ose o jare. At least someone understands.
Re: Tafawa Balewa's Lagos Office In Ruins by davidif: 2:50pm On Sep 01, 2014
redsun:

It is not ascent per se,though it counts but minimally.It is basically about what somebody is talking about,body language,composure and presentation.He looked like he was up to it when i saw his speech presentation in us senate.

Really? Can you send me the link of that speech to the US senate.
Re: Tafawa Balewa's Lagos Office In Ruins by desgiezd(m): 2:51pm On Sep 01, 2014
I often pass through this place and wondered why the Ministry of Defence is well kept and this building which one can describe as an extension of the MOD building is left in ruins. I never even knew until this moment that it was once Tafawa Balewa's Cabinet Office. We do not value what we have in this country and have no sense of history, yet our citizens travel to other lands and pay to visit such buildings. What a shame!
Re: Tafawa Balewa's Lagos Office In Ruins by ademusiwa3r: 7:06am On Sep 11, 2017
cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Writes PREMIUM TIMES, Talks Tough, Threatens Legal Action / Governor Ambode Presents 2018 Budget (Photos) / How INEC Disenfranchised Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.