Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,702 members, 7,837,576 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Open Letter 2inspector General Of Police Thru Commissioner Of Police Ogun State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter 2inspector General Of Police Thru Commissioner Of Police Ogun State (571 Views)

Commissioner Of Police Tunde Sobulor Dies In American Hospital / Why FG Suspended Comptroller General Of Immigration – Femi Adesina / Gov Fashola Meets Mbu, Assistant Inspector General Of Police(Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Letter 2inspector General Of Police Thru Commissioner Of Police Ogun State by sammmiey1: 4:03pm On Mar 10, 2013
OPEN LETTER TO INSPECTOR GENERAL OF POLICE

Thru
COMMISSIONER OF POLICE OGUN STATE...

Thru the Special Assistant on Social Media Ogun State.

This is to draw your attention to what i saw at IJEBU IGBO POLICE STATION WHILE ATTENDING ELDERS/ COMMUNITY MEETING WIT D NEWLY TRANFERED DPO:

"I was with at the elders communities meeting with the newly posted DPO to Ijebu Igbo.
I came back with the followings.

1. A man was brought out vomiting blood after being kept in cell for 6 days without food, he had no moneyto bail himself.

2. A boy had been detained there for21 days because he cant afford#50,000 bail bribe demanded by one sgt Ekundayo.

3. A one legged man with maggots on his leg was released in my presence the order of DCO, he had bndetained for stealing a bajaj for over 6 weeks by sgt ekundayo.

Cases that should have been chargedto court under 48hrs are still pending while the victims lament in pains because they have no access tobail and have been denied their right to lawyer.

"I went to a vantage place about 5 metres to his seperately made wooden office and recorded him demanding bribes, but couldnt take his picture, he is a 6 footer, with gold chained on his neck which his 2years salary may not afford to buy, dark in completion and an Ikale or Okitiopupa's dialects, a crude illetrate man in his 40s, he talked any how and shouts a lot, majority of the people detained by him were not written on the police station detained board.

His demands for bail ranges from#25-#50 thousand naira and there are people there who had spent more that 6-7 weeks because they cant afford their bail demands.
What a life in a civil society where the rule of law should be upheld by the Nigerian Police.

Please, share, rebroadcast untill it gets to the appropriate quarters.
Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Pls What Happened To The Farouk Lawan Bribery Scandal / The Killing Fields Of Anambra SARS Squad / Ogun State Police Command Dispels Rumor Of Beheaded Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.