Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,083 members, 7,825,412 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

How Can I Remove The 'sent From My BB Signature'? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Can I Remove The 'sent From My BB Signature'? (1862 Views)

Funny Message Someone Sent To MTN / See The Airtime MTN Sent To A Nairalander / A Ritualist Sent Me A Facebook Friend Request (scary pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Remove The 'sent From My BB Signature'? by Encoredme(m): 10:31am On Mar 11, 2013
I use a BB curve 2. Each time I send a mail it automatically adds this: Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone provided
by Airtel Nigeria. This sometimes is very embarrassing. Pls NLers how do I fling it off?!
Re: How Can I Remove The 'sent From My BB Signature'? by trustonyi: 11:15am On Mar 11, 2013
Go to ur home page - setup -email setting, then login and click on d option, go to edit u will see it there
Re: How Can I Remove The 'sent From My BB Signature'? by Encoredme(m): 9:05pm On Mar 11, 2013
trustonyi: Go to ur home page - setup -email setting, then login and click on d option, go to edit u will see it there
Thanks bro buh I still don't get it. Can u pls be more explicit in ur explanation?
Re: How Can I Remove The 'sent From My BB Signature'? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Mar 11, 2013
From your phone menu, go to Set up, then click on Email Account on the page that follows, after that click on your email ID to edit, scroll down to signature and clear whatever you have there.
You can decide to put some words there or leave it empty.
Tryna upload some screenshots but they are not coming up.
Re: How Can I Remove The 'sent From My BB Signature'? by walcolm(m): 7:00am On Mar 12, 2013
Encoredme: I use a BB curve 2. Each time I send a mail it automatically adds this: Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone provided
by Airtel Nigeria. This sometimes is very embarrassing. Pls NLers how do I fling it off?!

why do you find the comment embarrassing?
Re: How Can I Remove The 'sent From My BB Signature'? by Nobody: 8:26am On Mar 12, 2013
walcolm:

why do you find the comment embarrassing?

Duh! Lols. Recipients would be like we get he message already.

Peeps should learn to rummage over their devices when they get them, that way learning many tips that will guide you as you acquire more devices. Cos for example this question is a fairly easy one that one conversant with his/her phone would be able to solve by self..
Re: How Can I Remove The 'sent From My BB Signature'? by walcolm(m): 6:22am On Mar 13, 2013
trae_z:

Duh! Lols. Recipients would be like we get he message already.

Peeps should learn to rummage over their devices when they get them, that way learning many tips that will guide you as you acquire more devices. Cos for example this question is a fairly easy one that one conversant with his/her phone would be able to solve by self..

most people don't take time to learn how their devices work.... that's not news but your post doesn't answer my question to the OP
Re: How Can I Remove The 'sent From My BB Signature'? by collinsola: 10:35am On Mar 13, 2013
@op

Click set up,then edict
Your email address screw
Down.

Re: How Can I Remove The 'sent From My BB Signature'? by Encoredme(m): 10:40am On Mar 13, 2013
walcolm:

most people don't take time to learn how their devices work.... that's not news but your post doesn't answer my question to the OP
Simple! Not everyone is a bb fan so seeing such a thing will just put them off as I use the email function to upload posts to my blog. It is quite unprofessional and uncalled for to indicate where I sent the message from.
Re: How Can I Remove The 'sent From My BB Signature'? by Encoredme(m): 10:46am On Mar 13, 2013
collinsola: @op

Click set up,then edict
Your email address screw
Down.

Yeah! Thanks y'all and Collinsola! Been able to edit it.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Remove The 'sent From My BB Signature'? by walcolm(m): 6:48am On Mar 14, 2013
Encoredme:
Simple! Not everyone is a bb fan so seeing such a thing will just put them off as I use the email function to upload posts to my blog. It is quite unprofessional and uncalled for to indicate where I sent the message from.

actually, you're wrong about the bold section of your post above.

if you're a blogger, and you post from your BB (indicated by the signature line) it tells your readers you're on top of your game whether you're in the office or on the road and they can be sure you're going to provide responses and clarifications as the need arises. that is the type of thing that earns you the respect and trust of your readers to keep them coming back to your blog

if i was you, the only part i'd remove is the name of the network provider and leave it as such 'Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone'

your supposed 'embarrassment' by the signature is a self inflicted situation not backed up by real life hard data
Re: How Can I Remove The 'sent From My BB Signature'? by Encoredme(m): 1:34am On Mar 16, 2013
walcolm:

if you're a blogger, and you post from your BB (indicated by the signature line) it tells your readers you're on top of your game whether you're in the office or on the road and they can be sure you're going to provide responses and clarifications as the need arises. that is the type of thing that earns you the respect and trust of your readers to keep them coming back to your blog

if i was you, the only part i'd remove is the name of the network provider and leave it as such 'Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone'

your supposed 'embarrassment' by the signature is a self inflicted situation not backed up by real life hard data
Hmm, u talk true o, thank you bro, I'll consider what you said.
Re: How Can I Remove The 'sent From My BB Signature'? by Nobody: 9:05am On Mar 16, 2013
walcolm:

No offence but this is the most laughable thing I've heard in the past 12 hours. So being a tell-all BB user is a standard for judging top of game degrees. LMFAO.
Re: How Can I Remove The 'sent From My BB Signature'? by Encoredme(m): 10:36am On Mar 16, 2013
trae_z:

No offence but this is the most laughable thing I've heard in the past 12 hours. So being a tell-all BB user is a standard for judging top of game degrees. LMFAO.
Re: How Can I Remove The 'sent From My BB Signature'? by walcolm(m): 10:23am On Mar 18, 2013
trae_z:

if you want to learn, you can learn or you can go about in your ignorance thinking you're all that
Re: How Can I Remove The 'sent From My BB Signature'? by Nobody: 10:49am On Mar 18, 2013
Dude "Sent from my XXDeviceNameXX" is a standard for almost all mobile devices, android BB etc. and doesn't show much as even illiterates like the NSCDC Oga at the top use Blackberrys.

In the professional world "Sent from my XXDeviceNameXX" is annoying and should be avoided.

End of story.
Re: How Can I Remove The 'sent From My BB Signature'? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Mar 18, 2013
The problem now is the signature automatically comes back each time you do a hard reset or is there a permanent way of doing it?
Re: How Can I Remove The 'sent From My BB Signature'? by walcolm(m): 6:58am On Mar 19, 2013
trae_z: Dude "Sent from my XXDeviceNameXX" is a standard for almost all mobile devices, android BB etc. and doesn't show much as even illiterates like the NSCDC Oga at the top use Blackberrys.

In the professional world "Sent from my XXDeviceNameXX" is annoying and should be avoided.

End of story.

i am responding to your post only for the benefit of the OP.

have you ever wondered why iPhone, iPad, HTC, Sony, Nokia and Samsung devices now include a similar signature line when you send an email using their devices? i'll tell you why, after BLACKBERRY created that signature line and those other companies all know the the actual message that very simple, iconic signature line carries across about the person sending the message. So they had to put a similar line in their devices' email application so their customers can be considered serious minded business people the way Blackberry users are viewed in the world of serious business

are you saying you're smarter than all the Harvard, Stanford, Yale, Oxford and Cambridge graduates who have worked for and still work in those multi-billion dollar phone manufacturing companies?

@OP,
the choice is your what you do with your device i just hope you wont allow ignorant people pull you down to their decadent depth
Re: How Can I Remove The 'sent From My BB Signature'? by Nobody: 7:45am On Mar 19, 2013
walcolm: ...have you ever wondered why iPhone, iPad, HTC, Sony, Nokia and Samsung devices now include a similar signature line when you send an email using their devices?...

As much as manufacturers want to see you progress what they want more above everything else is money in their pockets. No sentiments brah strictly business...the signature thing is simply advertising. End of story!

@OP,
the choice is yours on what you do with your device, i just hope you wont allow BlackBerry possessed people pull you down to their decadent depth. It's like the corper decamped for refusing to wear trousers in the name of religion. You gats to keep an open mind to make it in life.

(1) (Reply)

I Saw Tecno Phantom In My Dreams.... / Power Bank Really Kills Battery. / Innjoo Vs Infinix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.