Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,763 members, 7,955,907 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:20 PM

Excess Hair Growth In Women Is A Disease - Medical Experts - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Excess Hair Growth In Women Is A Disease - Medical Experts (834 Views)

US Sends Medical Experts To Study How Nigeria Tamed Ebola / Medical Experts And Volunteers Against Ebola. Let's Meet Here! / Hair Growth & Baldness Treatment For Black Men.stop Your Hair Loss Now! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Excess Hair Growth In Women Is A Disease - Medical Experts by 2rutalk1: 1:09pm On Mar 11, 2013
I am not a medical expert, but during a conversation with a friend of mine who is a Medical Doctor, I told him that I easily fall in love with hairy ladies only for him to tell me that such excess hair is a disease. So, guys who "die" for hairy ladies should hear this: Excess hair growth on a woman especially on the jaw, chest and other parts of the body is a sign of hormonal imbalance (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) which causes Infertility. Women with polycystic ovarian syndrome have ovaries that create an abundance of follicles each month without producing an egg, thereby making it difficult (impossible) for fertilization to take place. Medical experts in the house please over to you.
Re: Excess Hair Growth In Women Is A Disease - Medical Experts by deols(f): 1:57pm On Mar 11, 2013
this ur friend sef. are u sure he is a qualified doctor?

excessive hair growth is called hirsutism and is found in many health conditions/diseases and not only PCO disease.

hirsutism is a symptom and is not enough to diagnose a disease. a history followed by examinations would be carried out before a diagnosis can be made.

I am sure d hairy girls you have seen arent covered by hair as if they are lions. if it is only a little more than average, there is nothing to worry about.

women have both male and female hormones but the male ones are naturally suppressed and some have more than d others. these people who have more may have certain male xtics and that doesnt make them less of being able to be women. they will menstruate and have children but may have thick voices like men and grow excess hair.

same happens to men, they have female hormones which are normally suppressed.

people who go for sex reassignment use ds mechanism to induce d other hormone and supress their sex ones...
hope u gerrit.
Re: Excess Hair Growth In Women Is A Disease - Medical Experts by 2rutalk1: 2:07pm On Mar 11, 2013
deols: this ur friend sef. are u sure he is a qualified doctor?

excessive hair growth is called hirsutism and is found in many health conditions/diseases and not only PCO disease.

hirsutism is a symptom and is not enough to diagnose a disease. a history followed by examinations would be carried out before a diagnosis can be made.

I am sure d hairy girls you have seen arent covered by hair as if they are lions. if it is only a little more than average, there is nothing to worry about.

women have both male and female hormones but the male ones are naturally suppressed and some have more than d others. these people who have more may have certain male xtics and that doesnt make them less of being able to be women. they will menstruate and have children but may have thick voices like men and grow excess hair.

same happens to men, they have female hormones which are normally suppressed.

people who go for sex reassignment use ds mechanism to induce d other hormone and supress their sex ones...
hope u gerrit.

Yea, tanx. More contributions please

(1) (Reply)

13 Brain Foods -- Boost Your Brain And Memory / Nigerian Diabetic Statistics ? / Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.